• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Persona 5 released on PS3 because it was originally going to be PS3-only. Remember how P5’s development lasted years (originally slated for “Winter 2014” (lol) and it ended up *also* getting a PS4 release.

This is not the same as announcing a game after a console has already completely ceased production, FOR that console. There is absolutely no way Rockstar would release their next big game on an inferior system especially when its online is shutting down in 2019 and people can’t buy it anywhere.

It’s false.
i do not doubt that this is 99% false, but i will give it 1% chance of beeing true, because there is stuff like this that happen for some reason, just saying

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i feel like so many people including ridley in their “leaks” isn’t a good sign for ridley and more of a sign of people putting ridley in their leaks so people can talk about it because they know how controversial/requested he is

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
As far as i’m concerned, this leak is now debunked.
If I didnt know you, which I dont, I'd say you are a full Anti-Ridley guy. I have only seen your posts, almost praying, for the vergeben leak to be false.
Seriously though, I think we can safely say that Vergeben is risking his entire reputation on this leak, Ridley being playable is the only thing being confirmed by three of his sources. It is not like if, in case Ridley is not playable, he would just come out saying "Oops looks like my sources were wrong, srry guys lol". This would ruin his entire credibility so either he has a 100% believable source or he, himself, saw/play with Ridley already

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I’m actually really confident about Ridley this time around tbh

Ridley and Inklings were both some of the oldest newcomers mentioned (on Resetera I think), and I think that has some merit.

As for verg, people dump everything into one leak; his track record is weird, but I think his first source (the one he claims confidence in) is simple enough to work.

I feel like this thread is becoming a leak thread rather than a Ridley thread however. We’re 12 days away from our fate (In my opinion), so we should ride them out comfortably.

- He’s wanted
- He’s relevant
- He got a ton of Smash Roster votes I’m sure
I have faith that these are truly the best chances he has; Godspeed lads and lasses.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If I didnt know you, which I dont, I'd say you are a full Anti-Ridley guy. I have only seen your posts, almost praying, for the vergeben leak to be false.
Seriously though, I think we can safely say that Vergeben is risking his entire reputation on this leak, Ridley being playable is the only thing being confirmed by three of his sources. It is not like if, in case Ridley is not playable, he would just come out saying "Oops looks like my sources were wrong, srry guys lol". This would ruin his entire credibility so either he has a 100% believable source or he, himself, saw/play with Ridley already
Drclaw was around since the last Smash speculation iirc so he's keeping expectations low as hell. Nothing wrong about that, Ridley's my most wanted yet I'm skeptical as hell too

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I don't it's fair to say with absolute fact that a leak is fully "debunked". Sure, some leaks have obvious "Are you even trying?" bull**** like that paper with "Fire Emblem Memories", "Punch-Out! Become the Champion", and "Yoshi's Flipping Island".
..."Yoshi's Flipping Island". And they misspelled Intelligent Systems as Intelligent System. Biggest screw-up right there.

But on the other hand, you have Vergeben's AND Lazzyman's leaks. Neither one has become 100% true or 100% false. There's nothing that's total bull**** from either leak, and both have SOME form of credit behind them. The ResetEra mods kinda teased/hinted with Ridley, and they hinted towards Mario Tennis Aces "this Direct is going to be Aces" before it was announced.
I'm not really entertaining the Imgur leak because... well, it seems like anybody could post random images on there and claim a "leak".

But one thing doesn't really change. While it's fully possible that Ridley might not be in, he stands more of a chance than he ever did before. So we really have some reason to hope, and Sakurai has changed his mind before, as seen with Villager, Pac-Man, and the Miis who he couldn't really envision in Brawl.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Drclaw was around since the last Smash speculation iirc so he's keeping expectations low as hell. Nothing wrong about that, Ridley's my most wanted yet I'm skeptical as hell too
Exactly this. I’ve basically tricked/convinced myself that Ridley will be playable every time (he’s in the Melee intro, he’ll be unlockable...Ridley is a shoe-in for Brawl, he’s like Olimar and he’s in the clouds!...Ridley is definitely playable in Smash 4, look how that shadow moves!)

And he’s never playable. So now I believe that his chances are so low that anything that could remotely debunk him, well, does.

Also, today Fortnite was confirmed for Switch. Am I wrong, or isn’t that another point for Lazzyman?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Leaks or no leaks, I'm still interested in what'll come out at E3.

At this point, Nintendo knows about Sm4sh's hype three, and it's criminal that only one of them got in...as DLC. Internet polls don't mean squat, but I'm reasonably confident that at least K.Rool came in unexpectedly well on the ballot, and Nintendo obviously saw the hype over Mewtwo's reveal.

I''m nervous to think of how Ridley did on the ballot, since a lot of people did take it as 'Sm4sh DLC' and therefore didn't vote for him since he was already in as a stage hazard. But considering Ridley is one of the few characters that Sakurai has been asked about by name - several times - means he's on his radar. As to whether he gets shot down again...

Let's just say I'm pretty pessimistic since the leaks that sound worst to me are the ones that end up being true. Still, MS giving up its only exclusive franchise to be multiplat? Stuff releasing on dead consoles? A DP game whose title is not self-aware or innuendo-laden? Hard to swallow, definitely.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Leaks or no leaks, I'm still interested in what'll come out at E3.

At this point, Nintendo knows about Sm4sh's hype three, and it's criminal that only one of them got in...as DLC. Internet polls don't mean squat, but I'm reasonably confident that at least K.Rool came in unexpectedly well on the ballot, and Nintendo obviously saw the hype over Mewtwo's reveal.

I''m nervous to think of how Ridley did on the ballot, since a lot of people did take it as 'Sm4sh DLC' and therefore didn't vote for him since he was already in as a stage hazard. But considering Ridley is one of the few characters that Sakurai has been asked about by name - several times - means he's on his radar. As to whether he gets shot down again...

Let's just say I'm pretty pessimistic since the leaks that sound worst to me are the ones that end up being true. Still, MS giving up its only exclusive franchise to be multiplat? Stuff releasing on dead consoles? A DP game whose title is not self-aware or innuendo-laden? Hard to swallow, definitely.
Yea they will not be as many Ridley votes due to being deconfirmed in smash 4

But I'm sure Ridley still got a lot because they considered the factor the next smash game

The most voted for character got special treatment as the last dlc character

IronTed

Smash Ace
This image has now become relevant again

Man, I remember this from 4 years ago. Time really had flown by.

But yeah, this is the Ridley thread, not the water cooler for people to talk about the latest rumor they've heard thread, although discussing rumors is certainly more interesting then debating Ridley's chances for the millionth time. At least it's June now.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Hey, guys.
I'd just like to say... in the event that Ridley isn't revealed at E3... we need to brace ourselves for the potential disappointment but not let ourselves get crushed by it. Hope for him, but don't let that hope crush you if he isn't there.
And even if Ridley isn't in Smash Switch at all, we still have to look towards the future, and know that he'll always be a fiercesome foe in the Metroid series. While things are sketchy for him in Smash Bros, Ridley will always have a spot in the Metroid series.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
And even if Ridley isn't in Smash Switch at all, we still have to look towards the future, and know that he'll always be a fiercesome foe in the Metroid series. While things are sketchy for him in Smash Bros, Ridley will always have a spot in the Metroid series.
Oh I'm not concerned that he won't be in Smash. He's only sat out one game thus far and that was the 3DS version. He'll definitely be in.

Only question is if he'll be a stage decoration, a feature of a cinematic, an imposing boss, or an annoying stage hazard. Or if they'll finally give us a playable character.

At this point, the only other thing he hasn't been is an assist trophy.

Calling it - Ridley will be a Pokéball summon in 5mash.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if he is not in, it be the first time I consider not buying it on release and buy it used later.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Think what you will, but we shouldn't be at each others' throats over which leaks to believe.
I have the perfect solution: Don't believe any leaks, ever. Official channels only.
I'd just like to say... in the event that Ridley isn't revealed at E3... we need to brace ourselves for the potential disappointment but not let ourselves get crushed by it. Hope for him, but don't let that hope crush you if he isn't there.
He won't be revealed at E3. We won't know for sure whether he'll be playable or not until the frigging street date. This, I promise you.

And if I'm wrong... well, won't that be the greatest of surprises?

Also, "fiercesome"?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I have the perfect solution: Don't believe any leaks, ever. Official channels only.

He won't be revealed at E3. We won't know for sure whether he'll be playable or not until the frigging street date. This, I promise you.

And if I'm wrong... well, won't that be the greatest of surprises?

Also, "fiercesome"?
Unless they reveal him as a boss at e3 :p

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'm not concerned that he won't be in Smash. He's only sat out one game thus far and that was the 3DS version. He'll definitely be in.

Only question is if he'll be a stage decoration, a feature of a cinematic, an imposing boss, or an annoying stage hazard. Or if they'll finally give us a playable character.

At this point, the only other thing he hasn't been is an assist trophy.

Calling it - Ridley will be a Pokéball summon in 5mash.
Huh, it is interesting to note that Ridley's role in Smash would increase in importance or relevancy with each new game. Maybe we've reached the point where he can finally be considered a playable inclusion?
...Or worst case scenario as you put it, his next "role" is an assist trophy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hey, guys.
To be honest, we should've learned this already. How long have most of us been at this game? We've had 3 Smashes (not counting the first) to be disappointed by no Ridley. If you're still at the point where you're so convinced he could be added, or *anyone* could be added, that the disappointment will completely crush you, I don't know what to say at this point.

Either our favorite characters are in or they aren't. It goes on.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just made another full-body drawing of a character I want in Smash, Captain Syrup.
upload_2018-6-1_17-19-32.png

And now I realize that with the time the Kremling Crew went pirate-themed and the Gerudo were pirates in Termina, technically four of six of my characters are pirates.

Yar.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Huh, it is interesting to note that Ridley's role in Smash would increase in importance or relevancy with each new game. Maybe we've reached the point where he can finally be considered a playable inclusion?
...Or worst case scenario as you put it, his next "role" is an assist trophy.
YMMV, but I think Brawl actually did more justice to Ridley than Smash 4. In Brawl, he was an imposing and fierce boss in the Subspace Emissary, and got TWO fun boss fights (one as Ridley, one as Meta Ridley). In Smash 4, he was... a super annoying stage boss.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like the reveal could go like this for playable

Pyrosphere stage is an Returning stage the boss Ridley pops with Samus and pikachu

Just before hazard Ridley attacks a playable Ridley pops out of no where and kos hazard Ridley then faces pikachu and Samus

And something like "Ridley sizes up."

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I just made another full-body drawing of a character I want in Smash, Captain Syrup.
View attachment 146613

And now I realize that with the time the Kremling Crew went pirate-themed and the Gerudo were pirates in Termina, technically four of six of my characters are pirates.

Yar.
Huh, I thought I was the only one who wanted Captain Syrup as a playable character. Well, good to know that someone else wants her.

Also, I had a little thought... If Ridley became playable, should Zero Suit Samus have a special victory line if she defeats him in a match?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sure, that’d be a neat idea. Not sure what her victory lines over Ridley would be though...

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Huh, I thought I was the only one who wanted Captain Syrup as a playable character. Well, good to know that someone else wants her.

Also, I had a little thought... If Ridley became playable, should Zero Suit Samus have a special victory line if she defeats him in a match?
If only smash wasn't rated E10 cause

I want that lmao.

and this.

Also, if only ridley could talk in the games cause he said some ****ed up **** in the manga lmao

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

I want that lmao.

and this.

Also, if only ridley could talk in the games cause he said some ****ed up **** in the manga lmao
"Look at me and see I am no longer who I was before" could do I guess? Would be a nice reference to the manga

IronTed

Smash Ace

I want that lmao.

and this.

I just absolutely love that Samus laughs as Ridley burns to death (well he doesn't die, but you get it). You really never see her act like that in the games.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just absolutely love that Samus laughs as Ridley burns to death (well he doesn't die, but you get it). You really never see her act like that in the games.
Samus remembered a funny Garfield she read earlier that day.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe it would just be simpler to go with obligatory “See you next mission” line or something, or if she has to have a victory line in reference to Ridley after fighting him, it could even be something original to Smash we haven’t heard before like her other lines/taunts.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Vergeben commented on the Reddit leak. He’s saying it’s bull****, but also says it contains some correct info. I asked him to elaborate on what was correct. Interestingly, he also said the same source who sent this info to the Reddit leaker sentbthe exact same info to him. He doesn’t mention if it’s the same as any of his other sources, or a new source entirely. It’s implied that it’s a brand new source, and one he doesn’t particularly trust.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8nn7qa/lots_of_e3_information_and_leaks_here/dzyzn5g/

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Vergeben commented on the Reddit leak. He’s saying it’s bull****, but also says it contains some correct info. I asked him to elaborate on what was correct. Interestingly, he also said the same source who sent this info to the Reddit leaker sentbthe exact same info to him. He doesn’t mention if it’s the same as any of his other sources, or a new source entirely. It’s implied that it’s a brand new source, and one he doesn’t particularly trust.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8nn7qa/lots_of_e3_information_and_leaks_here/dzyzn5g/
I mean, he said the "correct" stuff was already obvious, so none of the interesting "leaked" stuff would be in it.

Didn't you already decide Vergeben was full of it though?

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
So I guess, cross our fingers and hope the no playable Ridley bit is part of the false info? Although I think out of all of Vergeben's sources, he's pretty firm in believing his info on Ridley is the most correct.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I had the weirdest dream last night where Ridley was confirmed in the most low-key way possible; sitting at a long table alongside a number of other Smash characters attending some kind of Smash-themed party. The tone of the trailer was comedic, with Ridley in the background of a visual gag between Bowser and someone else trying to drink from a glass, to trying to eat the whole cup before finally giving up and using a straw.

Then I woke up from that dream-in-a-dream and I was Goku trying to save the world from the Saiyans but I also had to go to school, but that's not important.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, today Fortnite was confirmed for Switch. Am I wrong, or isn’t that another point for Lazzyman?
I don't think he mentioned Fortnite. Even then if he did, Fortnite has been a thing all piggyback Leakers have used because it's been rumored since at least March and it's highly likely.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't think he mentioned Fortnite. Even then if he did, Fortnite has been a thing all piggyback Leakers have used because it's been rumored since at least March and it's highly likely.
Not to mention the leaker HIMSELF said he was making things up and got lucky on the date , so why the hell are people still looking for points for/against that leak?!

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i almost got a shock here, i read it wrong and thought for a moment vergeben said that his original leka was bull****, n stuff. but then i read the link and was like oh okay aparently i cant read, not that much longer till we know if at least some of this is true

i mean even if ridley isnt in e3 that doesnt mean much, but the entire e3 event of nintendo from invitational down to the treehouse are moments that can at least show how true this leak was in total, so if we see simon i guess its true then,

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Not to mention the leaker HIMSELF said he was making things up and got lucky on the date , so why the hell are people still looking for points for/against that leak?!
ppl thinking he is lieing about lieing

Top Bottom