• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Chandeelure

xD I adore the current pic you got there, but you look pretty serious!

EDIT : OOPS, i think I forgot what place this is. xD Oh well, I may draw Riddles later.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
First 4 Figures have posted these images of close ups of what appears to be Meta Ridley's claw and foot:

They posted close up teasers for their True Form Midna figure, which ended up being revealed last Friday. I guess we might get to see the Meta Ridley figure soon.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Was literally about to post those, but ninja'd I guess.

The constant reminder of how expensive it'll be still demoralizes me as to whether I'll be able to afford one, but I guess we'll see. Will be happy to see the rest of it soon either way.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

The constant reminder of how expensive it'll be still demoralizes me as to whether I'll be able to afford one, but I guess we'll see. Will be happy to see the rest of it soon either way.
Depending on the options, you'll have to save up for a standard or exclusive edition, the latter you'll obviously need to save up more for. I don't think the standard edition will exceed $1000, but it'll definitely be more than the Bowser one (which was around $700). Exclusive edition, however, I've no idea what to expect price wise. Still, hopefully this is just one of many good things to come for Ridley, for this year and in the future.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
First 4 Figures have posted these images of close ups of what appears to be Meta Ridley's claw and foot:

They posted close up teasers for their True Form Midna figure, which ended up being revealed last Friday. I guess we might get to see the Meta Ridley figure soon.
That's an insane amount of detail.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
That's an insane amount of detail.
First 4 Figures have an impressive portfolio of high quality figures, some of them are very detailed. The exclusive editions tend to be where their talent shine - I'd imagine Meta Ridley's would involve having lights in the wing membranes, eyes, and lights on his armour, to make him glow like in the game.

AndreaAC

:D It would be great that you do get it! I wanted to, but if it hurts your wallet, it does mine too by miles in comparison. I decided to put that idea aside despite how perfect the figure is plus it being Rid's first merch of this quality, I guess? I found something that is 5 times less expensive with another favorite character of mine so...

I still wish something with his Omega form was done. :( All of the people that seem to be capable enough to make a figure based on it left it on a mid-way point and never came back to it...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
and Kirby fans, and Earthbound/Mother fans, and Starfox fans, and F-Zero fans... from the original 64 franchises, the only ones that wasn't a nightmare was for Mario and Pokemon fans.
To be fair. Kirby has three characters, that's not bad. And Mother and F-Zero haven't had new games in generations.

DK and Metroid deserved atleast one more character. In my opinion DK should have 4 characters.

Zeox

Smash Champion
To be fair. Kirby has three characters, that's not bad. And Mother and F-Zero haven't had new games in generations.

DK and Metroid deserved atleast one more character. In my opinion DK should have 4 characters.
I'm not saying what games deserve more characters than others, I'm saying what franchises got nothing in the last smash.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Star Fox lost a character and didn't get him back with DLC. That one probably suffered the most.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Another Metroid merchandise with Ridley on it I found and got while I was out, this time a t-shirt of the Japanese Super cover art. :)

47DFEA35-5C7E-407C-99C7-A394D2BD1929.jpeg

AndreaAC AndreaAC : I think I remember a couple of those fanmade figures of Omega Ridley that were left unfinished, sadly. Unfortunate, but life happens and stuff.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I remember First 4 Figures saying at one point that Meta Ridley needs to succeed before they even consider making more character figures that aren't Samus (perhaps they would consider making an Omega Ridley figure in the future). Their priority is the A-List characters (Samus, Ridley), and then B-List characters. If Meta Ridley doesn't do well, then they'll stick to making figures for Samus.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Which would be unfortunate, since they've already done pretty much everything there is to do of Samus, aside from a Dark Suit and P.E.D. Suit figure, and I guess ones of any new suits that might be introduced from MP4 and onward, but still.

*The phone pic of the shirt didn't appear sideways on mobile like how I see it as now. Ah well.

AndreaAC

Another Metroid merchandise with Ridley on it I found and got while I was out, this time a t-shirt of the Japanese Super cover art. :)

View attachment 145193

@Andrea: I think I remember a couple of those fanmade figures of Omega Ridley that were left unfinished, sadly. Unfortunate, but life happens and stuff.
xD I think you tagged the wrong Andrea.

:O I saw that shirt when I went to GameStop too...I wanted to get it, but I got some pony stuff instead as they were figures.

:/ Yeah, I can only imagine how they would have looked all painted and whatnot. If I had that ability, I would have done it long ago, maybe.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

View attachment 145193

@Andrea: I think I remember a couple of those fanmade figures of Omega Ridley that were left unfinished, sadly. Unfortunate, but life happens and stuff.
Reminds me of this old shirt I got a few years back.

Nice find, btw.

AndreaAC

Reminds me of this old shirt I got a few years back.

Nice find, btw.
XD As some friends have told me, I have made drawings that look they could be put on a T-Shirt (Rayman/AC mostly)...I would love to make one with my interpretation of Ridley, maybe put Roidley in it and even Rosalina.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
XD As some friends have told me, I have made drawings that look they could be put on a T-Shirt (Rayman/AC mostly)...I would love to make one with my interpretation of Ridley, maybe put Roidley in it and even Rosalina.
Now that's something I would look forward to. I mean, I've already seen T-shirts that are similar to that from the conventions I've been to, so yours wouldn't stick out at all. ;)

AndreaAC

Now that's something I would look forward to. I mean, I've already seen T-shirts that are similar to that from the conventions I've been to, so yours wouldn't stick out at all. ;)
I just remember there was a contest made by Nintendo about T-Shirt design and a friend suggested me to join but I guess the bunch of rules made me step back a bit. But I guess doing a Ridley shirt for myself wouldn't be as complicated, though even if I manage to make the design look interesting enough, I wouldn't let it be replicated.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
After reading some posts in this support thread, it kind of changed my view to the purple dragon pirate XD If there was a supporter list in the header, I'd say you guys had just gained another space pirate in the troops ^_^

I really, really, REALLY hope you Ridley fans and supporters be given your dues. I may exaggerate a bit here but years of being a subject of constant mockery from other people didn't doused the flame inside all of you and I think that's really admirable. Although I took the recent leaks with a grain of salt, I can honestly feel and hope that something big (wink wink) will happen next month. I'll just be positive here for you guys. Keep the passion burning~*

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
After reading some posts in this support thread, it kind of changed my view to the purple dragon pirate XD If there was a supporter list in the header, I'd say you guys had just gained another space pirate in the troops ^_^

I really, really, REALLY hope you Ridley fans and supporters be given your dues. I may exaggerate a bit here but years of being a subject of constant mockery from other people didn't doused the flame inside all of you and I think that's really admirable. Although I took the recent leaks with a grain of salt, I can honestly feel and hope that something big (wink wink) will happen next month. I'll just be positive here for you guys. Keep the passion burning~*
smile.png
Thank you.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I've generally found people to have been really nice about Ridley support this time around. People who support, people who don't and people with no feelings either way, most everybody has been chill and respectful for everyone else's wants. It's a really nice and great change from Smash4's frenetic angry posting.

Also the number of people who support Ridley because they want his supporters to finally see him in is really heartening. Whether Ridley finally gets in or not, the ride to smash switch has currently been a great one. :)

I hope supporters for other characters are having a pleasant speculation period too. <3

Oh, but wait, I'm a mean and nasty Space Pirate. Rawr and stuff, go get melted! >:[

AndreaAC

I've generally found people to have been really nice about Ridley support this time around. People who support, people who don't and people with no feelings either way, most everybody has been chill and respectful for everyone else's wants. It's a really nice and great change from Smash4's frenetic angry posting.

Also the number of people who support Ridley because they want his supporters to finally see him in is really heartening. Whether Ridley finally gets in or not, the ride to smash switch has currently been a great one. :)

I hope supporters for other characters are having a pleasant speculation period too. <3

Oh, but wait, I'm a mean and nasty Space Pirate. Rawr and stuff, go get melted! >:[
I bet some may miss the frenetic and constant activity in most of the support thread including this one, but in my case, I prefer it this way this time around. Though thw whole frenzy inspired me to do a lot of stuff related to Ridley (like my Ridley bros. or Rids with Rosa, etc), but the break I got from Ridley himself was also useful to do more later beside other projects I created.

:V You forgot something:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I bet some may miss the frenetic and constant activity in most of the support thread including this one, but in my case, I prefer it this way this time around. Though thw whole frenzy inspired me to do a lot of stuff related to Ridley (like my Ridley bros. or Rids with Rosa, etc), but the break I got from Ridley himself was also useful to do more later beside other projects I created.

:V You forgot something:

Your Ridley stuff was always awesome to see. But doing other projects is also good. Projects that I assume are related to

TUUUUUUBES

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If the Simon/Ridley leak is true, then what do you speculate Sakurai's solution to making Ridley playable will be?
I imagine that Sakurai comissioned Namco-Bandai to make an original design for Ridley that doesn’t have the same problems previous designs did in terms of proportions (like the giant wings or incredibly long tail), so that he could be scaled down without him looking odd.

Considering that Namco-Bandai is also developing MP4, I’m curious to know if this would also based on their concept design for Ridley in that game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I imagine that Sakurai comissioned Namco-Bandai to make an original design for Ridley that doesn’t have the same problems previous designs did in terms of proportions (like the giant wings or incredibly long tail), so that he could be scaled down without him looking odd.

Considering that Namco-Bandai is also developing MP4, I’m curious to know if this would also based on their concept design for Ridley in that game.
When did we actual hear that? I must have fell asleep for a day when they confirmed that

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If the Simon/Ridley leak is true, then what do you speculate Sakurai's solution to making Ridley playable will be?
I'm personally hoping that they'll incorporate limited infinite flight into his moveset. Like Brawl Pit's Up B but better, seeing how often he's constantly flying in Metroid.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Oh boy do I believe in this Ridley/Simon leak.
Oh boy am I ready to be disappointed.
Less than a month left gentlemen.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Interesting that you bring up Namco Bandai. I guess even without the polls, he would probably know about some bits and concepts of MP4 Ridley in the studio. Although, I am not sure if such partnership with Namco even existed in 2016 when the project proposal was made.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well reading back through Sakurai's reason for excluding Ridley it sounds like in his mind that making him work for Smash no longer feels like Ridley. Honestly, if Ridley makes in I just imagine he re-evaluated his stance on Ridley being reworked to fit like he did with Villager or Pacman.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well reading back through Sakurai's reason for excluding Ridley it sounds like in his mind that making him work for Smash no longer feels like Ridley. Honestly, if Ridley makes in I just imagine he re-evaluated his stance on Ridley being reworked to fit like he did with Villager or Pacman.
The miis as well.

Just like with villager he felt the miis were to pacifist

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the leak is true then I'll be extremely interested in hearing what finally convinced him, because I don't think Sakurai's biggest issue with Ridley has ever been proportions or design, but rather going against what he feels is a key part of Ridley's character. It would almost have to make Sakurai go against his own principles, which is why I've found Ridley's situation to be completely hopeless, it really feels like something drastic would have had to happen since Smash 4, which obviously hasn't from our point of view.

I don't think there's a solution he'd have found per se, a giant character isn't happening as that'd break the game's balance as he said, so I can't see it being any other way than he'd be scaled down. If the leak is true then it's anyone's guess as to what finally convinced him.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
he's such a hypocrite though. bowser's almost always gigantic too, and like in other spinoffs he was shrunk down for smash. olimar's whole game is based around the idea of the characters being the size of a dime, and yet blowing him up by a factor of a zillion was fine. why are we suddenly crossing a line by doing the same for ridley? what are we really losing by adapting a 30-foot-tall plasma-breathing parents-eating monster into a 15-foot-tall plasma-breathing parents-eating monster?

...i could swear i remember he ate samus' parents but it's been a Minute, maybe he just snapped his fingers and they died. whatever, not the point

if it's true and we do finally get the big bad murderdragon, i hope sakurai's idea of compromise isn't anything too convoluted. it's an unnecessary solution to a non-issue ten years in the making, let's hope it's worth the wait

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
he's such a hypocrite though. bowser's almost always gigantic too, and like in other spinoffs he was shrunk down for smash. olimar's whole game is based around the idea of the characters being the size of a dime, and yet blowing him up by a factor of a zillion was fine. why are we suddenly crossing a line by doing the same for ridley? what are we really losing by adapting a 30-foot-tall plasma-breathing parents-eating monster into a 15-foot-tall plasma-breathing parents-eating monster?

...i could swear i remember he ate samus' parents but it's been a Minute, maybe he just snapped his fingers and they died. whatever, not the point

if it's true and we do finally get the big bad murderdragon, i hope sakurai's idea of compromise isn't anything too convoluted. it's an unnecessary solution to a non-issue ten years in the making, let's hope it's worth the wait
Well in all fairness, Bowser has a humanoid body and proportions, which makes it easy to make him larger or smaller depending on the kind of game he's in. Ridley, on the other hand, is based on the Xenomorphs, which have relatively alien (no pun intended) proportions along with Ridley's own gigantic wings and tail which create problems on their own. They're not impossible problems to overcome, mind you, but it makes Ridley a character that's harder to make into a fighter than Bowser.

As for Olimar, well, he's already the shortest playable character in the series, and when it comes to his franchise's presentation through stages and enemies, everything else is scaled to Olimar's relative size. Olimar is tiny in his games, so when there are stages based on locations from his games, the other playable characters are "shrunk down" as well.

Top Bottom