• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

D

Deleted member

So, now that Ridley is in Smash, how do you feel that your long battle is finally over?
If Ridley gets in, how are people going to celebrate? I have a save file right before Ridley fight in every main game he appears in. If he is announced for smash I am going to go through the Ridley gauntlet.
Write an essay on what Ridley’s inclusion means for prospective newcomers.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've been having a rough day, but this makes it all better:) when I saw this I thought Ridley got confirmed for a moment but this is still amazing!

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So this "Ridley" character seems kinda popular. Not really sure what he looks like or what the big deal is though :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I am not entirely sure about that. I remember a lot of people argued that they would rather have nothing if Sakurai decided to use the Other M design. They were relatively rare, but still.

I could care less myself. I just want Ridley. If the only way for that is to add a wingless version of him, I guess I want a wingless Ridley.
They would have been an ungrateful minority. Most had already made their peace with the likelihood of having Other M Ridley (no matter his role in the game) by some certain point before he was deconfirmed. It was definitely not expected that his textures would be even worse than in Other M though; unfortunate.

Wellll... As one who got a kick even out of the FE themed April 1st, must say this is rather... nice to see after a tiring long day of work. Guess the premium users (keep forgetting I’m one at this point) all have to be the unsightly zombie parasite clone though. Oh well. :p

edit: Only just noticed the Smashified Ridley in the background for premium posts, since I was on mobile at first. Okay, that's actually cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously though, if Ridley somehow makes into Smash Switch as a playable character, RidleyBoards Must return for a day to celebrate it.

Im serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Why is this thread in the Newcomers section? Obviously Ridley is going to appear in the next Super Ridley Bros. game! He's been in since the beginning.

I know this is a big site and all but wow these mods are slacking. They could at least pay attention to threads based around the all-star mascot of the series, and Nintendo's biggest character.
I bet they all main the weak NES Ridley. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Why is this thread in the Newcomers section? Obviously Ridley is going to appear in the next Super Ridley Bros. game! He's been in since the beginning.

I know this is a big site and all but wow these mods are slacking. They could at least pay attention to threads based around the all-star mascot of the series, and Nintendo's biggest character.
I bet they all main the weak NES Ridley. :sadeyes:
This is true.

His trophy from Super Ridley Bros. MeRidlee.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I swear if Ridley actually manages to get in Smash Switch, I'll be claiming that this entire thing was some almighty magical foreshadowing. A sign. A sign of things to come.....

Seriously though, if Ridley somehow makes into Smash Switch as a playable character, RidleyBoards Must return for a day to celebrate it.

Im serious.
More like for a week, at least.

Probably wouldn't happen, but we can dream.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Ridley joins the ranks among Shaq, Knuckles, and Fire Emblem waifus.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I came on here and thought for a second the board got hacked by a crazy Ridley fan trying to pull a huge publicity stunt for their hopeful newcomer. LOL

I forgot today was April Fools. Happy Easter to everyone, also! :D

Welshy91

Smash Ace
If Ridley is playable i'm the new smash, Smashboards should be permanently called Ridleyboards.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Instead of Ridley being playable in Smash, I opt to get him into the new F-Zero game,

F-Zero: other R.

He‘d be the vehicle for Goku and considered too OP

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Instead of Ridley being playable in Smash, I opt to get him into the new F-Zero game,

F-Zero: other R.

He‘d be the vehicle for Goku and considered too OP
I once jokingly suggested to my brother that Ridley becomes a DLC character for Mario Kart before he becomes playable in Smash.

And he's full size too, inside the tiny Mario Karts. It would be perfection.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I would actually be okay with this concept being worked into Mario Kart. Obviously have majority of the roster be Mario characters, but work in Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Ridley and it would be a "Nintendo Kart" in everything but name.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I found this leaked movie that leads me to believe that 2018 is the year of Ridley.

Ridley is 2big.png

Im sorry

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I would actually be okay with this concept being worked into Mario Kart. Obviously have majority of the roster be Mario characters, but work in Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Ridley and it would be a "Nintendo Kart" in everything but name.
And don't forget 50 Fire Emblem characters.

Sorry, low blow, I'll see myself out.

(I actually like Fire Emblem no h8 please my m8s sorry 4 the b8.)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Condolences to everyone who are stuck with Other Ridley as their avatar for the day.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I see Smashboards finally realizes that the only true character that deserves to be in smash is Ridley.
Now that you are all forced to join the space pirates, you all must work hard.
Don't let Ridley be sadsad again

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I log on here only to find out that every profile icon has been replaced with a big purple space dragon.

This place has never looked more beautiful. Maybe we should keep it this way (minus Roidley. He can leave).

Zeox

Smash Champion
Is funny that I have the avatar of Ridley from Metroid Fusion just when I am playing Metroid Fusion.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Man, when did this place start looking decent, purple is a good look.
Anyway, **** yeah Ridley!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Don't forget guys, if you like the purple look of the boards there is always a way to change the theme after today.

Now let's give our space pirate leader a round od applause.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well, I've been thinking of the purple dragon a lot lately, so this is a nice coincidence. I enjoy this theme.

Also, can we keep yellow premium after this? I have a rather large affinity towards yellow, so I am enjoying this premium badge.

Last edited:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
In honor of RidleyBoards (let's make it permanent, guys), I'd like to point out that in Super Metroid, Ridley was only twice as tall as Samus.

Ganon is twice as tall as Link in LTTP. Bowser is twice as tall as Mario in SMB3. Wario is twice as tall as Mario in SML2. Dedede is twice as tall as Kirby in KDL2. Battery is twice as tall as Olimar in PIKMIN3.
If Olimar can make it, Ridley can make it.

Also, yes, those grammatical errors in Olimar's thing was intentional, and added for humor.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
And with all the sunday free, I finally beat Metroid Fusion and the last from the main series.
Pretty good, liked it a lot, the first time I saw the animals from super metroid again and the baby bird was touching, Ridley murder my ears, final boss was pretty easy. For me, the hardest boss was nightmare. SA-X was scary as **** and it feel super good to become stronger and destroy one.
Anyways,I guess I should check a way to play the Prime series now.

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
beautiful. incredible.

in honor of ridley day: i always thought he'd be interesting as a heavy aerial grappler. side b is a rushdown where if Ridley hits someone he'll drag them across the platform, up b is a fly up-slam down thing that will grapple the opponent on startup if they're close enough, that kinda thing.

Top Bottom