• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I was gonna complain because of the Other M design but I'll forgive Sakurai for this.

So when if Rey joining Smash? Because Daisy Ridley

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm ****ing cry right now oh my god

It's finally over

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, after all these years, you've all finally gotten your wish.

A few years ago I said I'd share this as a sort of victory theme for Ridley's inclusion as a playable character in Smash.

Well, he may not missed his chance last time......but better late than never. I'm keeping that promise:

Congrulations, guys. Congratulations! I'm hyped for Ridley myself, but I'm especially happy for all you here.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"Lots of outcry from fans overseas"
YOU DID IT YOU ********, YOU DROVE HIM TO ADD RIDLEY
WELL I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY CAUSE I AM

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I was gonna complain because of the Other M design but I'll forgive Sakurai for this.

So when if Rey joining Smash? Because Daisy Ridley
He looks great in Smash. Really creepy, like if he came from a horror game (which Metroid isn't). I dig it.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
OMG IM SO HYPED RIGHT NOW AND THEY GAVE HIM THE BEST LOOK AND PERSONALITY (HE KILLED FREACKING MARIO IN THE TRAILERRRR).
ALSO DAISY?!

ALSO (AGAIN) SAKURAI IS TALKING ABOUT RIDLEY IN THE TREEHOUSE RIGHT NOW (and he admitted that he's in cause of fan demand, we did it, we served our space leader)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kudos to all Ridley supporters. Given his sheer popularity, I found his inclusion in the Smash series to be inevitable. When that last trailer began, I immediately knew they were going to reveal him.

I look forward to trying this character out for mineself, even though he probably won't be mine main.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Guess we can always come back to predict if he'll come to the next game, from what Sakurai said, the roster may never be this big again.

Either way, finally after all these years, we have Ridley in smash, and I'm not disappointed.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
WE DID IT! WE DID IT FOLKS! RIDLEY IS IN SMASH!

Ive waited for this since Melee, time to buy a switch! And time for all those unimaginative people who thought he couldnt work as a character to shut the hell up!

RIDLEY IS IN SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That was perfect, everything I wanted out of his trailer was there.

His sadistic and intelligent nature? Shown in great detail. His relationship with Samus? Full on display. A great model? Absolutely. A playstyle that completely suits him? They pulled it off very well from what we saw.

I can barely express how happy I am. This has been what I've wanted to see since before Brawl came out, it's truly such a great feeling to finally see him as a playable character on the roster.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
Ridley is fully playable...We did it. We finally did it.

Ladies and Gentleman of the Space Pirates. Today we celebrate on the arrival of our Leader making it to the list of playable characters for the latest Smash Brothers game.For years, we fought tooth and nail as Ridley kept getting denied due to his abstract body and Sakurai's decision to not add him because of trying to make Ridley work without the need of taking away his characteristics. Since Melee, we wanted to see Ridley join the fray and fight others in this wonderful celebration of Nintendo characters. And each time he got deconfirmed, we felt our hearts break. But each game, his role continued to grow big each time. From background character to trophy to boss (twice I should add) and a stage hazard, Sakurai knew we wanted him and each game, he gave him a bigger role. And today, he has grown to the biggest role he can get, and that's being playable.

I'm glad to see Sakurai was able to find out a way to make Ridley work and not make him a playable boss character. It makes me and the other fans happy knowing that anyone can be added (within video game reasons) if we continue to support our characters. Sakurai may be unpredictable, but that's what we love about him, making the most interesting choices and making them work.

We kept our support for him for years, and even tried to keep our expectations to a right amount, even with the rumors going around the internet that he would be finally playable, and we have succeeded.

Gentleman...And Ladies, it has been an honor.

For now, we celebrate our greatest victory.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
They're talking right now about a Ridley amiibo !!!
GOTTA BE MINE

Top Bottom