• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Ehy there fellow space pirates! Long time no see ahah
Don't know if someone remembers me (no Anthony puns intended), I was quite active back in the sm4sh speculation days.
Back then I had so much free time ahah, this time I only come here every now and then to read some messages and support our favourite space dragon buccaneer!
But today, I'll pass my time here while waiting for the moment our 16-years-long dream could come true :D

I still think it feels so impossible that after everything that happened with Ridley and the past entries, he's now the most plausible newcomer ahah
Looks like every time we think he's disconfirmed he just come back kinda like in the actual Metroid games ahahah

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am ready for more disappointments. Nintendo's specialty.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
So, I know everyone already talked about this stuff before, but since we're left with a couple of hours… What do you expect/want from Ridley if he ends up being playable?

I'd be very pleased with his Proteus form (without the mechanical parts) and if they give him some sort of air grab and make him the anti-Little Mac.
Also it would be very cool if they show somehow his personality traits and intelligence (since I'm not so sure everybody gets that Ridley is more than a big purple recurring boss), maybe throught his expressions and animations and even victory poses.

About his moveset, fire breath and tail aside, I'd like to see his down-B be his black armor from OtherM (working kinda like Fox's down-B) and his throws being his now iconic wall/floor slamming (I don't know how to call it, basically the thing he does in the SSE, OtherM and Samus Returns).
I saw many people wanting MetaRidley as his final smash, but I was never a fan of that idea, but I also haven't an alternative ahah
Maybe he can borrow King DeDeDe's old one, with zebesians replacing waddle dees :chuckle:

Reila

Good luck everyone.
Just remember not to get too excited.
You are wasting your words, but it is true. Ridley being announced would be super cool, but we might get some Fire Emblem character or whatever instead. Or maybe just gameplay footage of Inklings. Keeping expectations in check is always a good thing.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It's absolutely insane to me how I've been on Smashboards for nearly 4 years, and while I may been inactive for quite a bit, I'm proud to see that everybody still continued to fight. I do regret that I did disappear too soon into the whole Ridley Revolution Project, but I had a ton of irl problems going on at the time. But people like Zem-raj who was definitely a bigger component of it all than me still continued to campaign and fight, and all of that might just pay off today. To all the OGs from the original thread and Mansion like BaganSmashBros, Ridley_Prime, Oni333, Zem-raj, AndreaAC, AustarusIV, MasterOfKnees, Drclaw411, Eisendrachen, and everyone else who I forgot the names of (I'm pretty sure Staarih and Dalek_Koft were there too, but I can't completely remember. I do slightly remember Lolo Lolo too), to those who joined in when the Mansion, the other Smash speculation group, and this thread was made, to those who have stopped posting but never faltered (Pretty much everybody from the Mansion), and all the new supporters here, even if Ridley isn't revealed today, there'll always be a fight to give.

There's no reason to ever truly give up. Our expectations may have been destroyed over and over again, but our voices can't be ignored. If they heard the voices from Roy, MewTwo and Lucas fans, along with those who wanted Megaman and Rosalina, there'll always be a chance that Nintendo says **** it, and actually listen to us. After all, Businesses like money. I'm sure Ridley being in the game would be a huge selling point to a lot of us, and I'm sure Nintendo is aware. Afterall, that's why they're making Prime 4. They see money in it. And I hope that today will be the day Nintendo finally listens to our voices and if they don't care about what we want and just see money in Ridley's inclusion? **** it. Whatever gets him in. As long as they don't half ass him.

I've been a huge Metroid fan ever since I've played Super Metroid, and I, as a lot of people, were drawn in by the mere presence of Ridley. The idea of wanting him in Smash didn't really truly hit me until Smash 4, but I remember seeing him in Brawl and going "Damn, I'd ****ing love to play as Ridley". Today might be the day, and the part of me that holds all my childhood memories is absolutely overjoyed about what may happen today. So here's to Ridley's inclusion and a great E3. And hopefully every other fanbase out there gets what they want to. The fight never ends.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
So, I know everyone already talked about this stuff before, but since we're left with a couple of hours… What do you expect/want from Ridley if he ends up being playable?

I'd be very pleased with his Proteus form (without the mechanical parts) and if they give him some sort of air grab and make him the anti-Little Mac.
Also it would be very cool if they show somehow his personality traits and intelligence (since I'm not so sure everybody gets that Ridley is more than a big purple recurring boss), maybe throught his expressions and animations and even victory poses.

About his moveset, fire breath and tail aside, I'd like to see his down-B be his black armor from OtherM (working kinda like Fox's down-B) and his throws being his now iconic wall/floor slamming (I don't know how to call it, basically the thing he does in the SSE, OtherM and Samus Returns).
I saw many people wanting MetaRidley as his final smash, but I was never a fan of that idea, but I also haven't an alternative ahah
Maybe he can borrow King DeDeDe's old one, with zebesians replacing waddle dees :chuckle:

• no stupid gimmicks like a playable boss mode, or the other m evolutions rumor
  • use the super metroid design, or the samus returns one, or - basically anything but the other m design lol

beyond that i'm really not too picky, i just want him to look good and be moderately fun to use. i'd like to think that's not asking for a lot...

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I ended up having a dream last night that a crowd of people were chanting "He's too big! He's too big! He's too big!" at a Ridley supporter... I really hope that won't be the case by the end of E3... I'd hate it if Ridley supporters end up getting mocked again.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm logging off for now.

Stay strong, guys. Remain optimistic but keep your expectations low. Here's to hoping our luck changes and the 15 years or so we've spent supporting Ridley gets him in Smash.

I know it's been done to death, but Space Pirates never falter.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
I ended up having a dream last night that a crowd of people were chanting "He's too big! He's too big! He's too big!" at a Ridley supporter... I really hope that won't be the case by the end of E3... I'd hate it if Ridley supporters end up getting mocked again.
The Last Ridley Supporter is in captivity, the galaxy is at peace.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
  • no stupid gimmicks like a playable boss mode, or the other m evolutions rumor
  • use the super metroid design, or the samus returns one, or - basically anything but the other m design lol

beyond that i'm really not too picky, i just want him to look good and be moderately fun to use. i'd like to think that's not asking for a lot...
Oh yeah, I really hope we will never see the "playable boss mode" or the "evolution" thing :eek:

About the desing, I don't mind OtherM Ridley, smooth some edges and it is a very good model for smash actually. But maybe I don't hate that design so much cause I didn't hate OtherM either :chuckle: (please don't kill me, but I actually liked it as much as all the other Metroid games).
But Proteus is still the best to me.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The moment of truth is coming, my friends. But I suggest to keep expectations low, still. It's only a matter of time to see if the leaks were right all along. Either case, stay calm, but never falter.

That being said, this is my mind right now.
42f.gif

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
I loved lurking as a guest in this thread last time, although I only discovered this site after the April direct. A lot of those people from before are either less active or gone, but seeing some "regulars" so to speak, as well as newcomers like me is really cool, Ridley is still bringing people on board it seems. Here's to hoping today is the day everyone. Never falter.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Oh yeah, I really hope we will never see the "playable boss mode" or the "evolution" thing :eek:

About the desing, I don't mind OtherM Ridley, smooth some edges and it is a very good model for smash actually. But maybe I don't hate that design so much cause I didn't hate OtherM either :chuckle: (please don't kill me, but I actually liked it as much as all the other Metroid games).
But Proteus is still the best to me.
hey, i could live with it! i'd just keep my fingers crossed for a preferable design in smash 6. it's the playstyle that i worry about, cause that s***'s forever.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
The final hour approaches. Let us go in with our hopes held high and a victory for our favorite space dragon.

It's been a pleasure reading all of your posts here, and this may be the last time we'll talk on this thread. So no matter what happens, lets have fun and enjoy ourselves for this Direct. Godspeed friends.

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
hey, i could live with it! i'd just keep my fingers crossed for a preferable design in smash 6. it's the playstyle that i worry about, cause that s***'s forever.
You're damn right, but I want to trust Sakurai this time, I don't think he will screw the most wanted character up with an evolution gimmick or a boss mode nobody asked for… right?

Reila

As usual, I am not expecting anything because Nintendo disappoints more often than not. That said, good luck. Maybe this is the day.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My one wish is that it all ends today, I'm not sure I believe it will, but I can at least hope so. Just remember that should he not get revealed keep your heads in check, don't take your frustrations out on others or the newcomers that will get revealed instead, and for the love of god don't start a witchhunt for Vergeben's head, the Ridley fanbase has been at the center of enough controversies and chaos in the past, so let's try to not let things get out of hand, you only have yourself to blame if you've gained any expectations of Ridley appearing today.

Personally I'm just happy that the Ridley fanbase has had this revival, we got back on a ride that I thought we never would again, so I'm grateful for that much. I'm also proud of the fanbase's persistence, even before the leaks the thread was seeing healthy activity, it's a never-die attitude worthy of the character we support, and it's part of why it means so much to me.

I'll check off for now to avoid any potential last-minute leaks, they're just not worth it now. I'll give my reactions once Smashboards is done crashing, that might only be tomorrow given that I'm in a European timezone, but regardless of what happens I'm sure I'll have something to say. Cheers.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: this is it. I'm so happy to see that the Space Pirates here haven't given up and are still fighting on to see Ridley in Smash! And honestly, I really do hope he gets revealed today.

With that, I'm probably going to log off in a bit, but I'll be back on as soon as the Nintendo Direct ends. See you guys on the other side!

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Let's go bois and grills, for so many years our rights have been denied, but now we have a chance, it is all or nothing, it is now or never, it is a big purple space dragon... or is another stupid stage hazard.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Here's hoping Rids gets his day.

He was my first ballot pick, after all. The Ridley fanbase was put through a lot of crap, and I hope you guys get vindication today.

Godspeed.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of the results, this time around has been the best Ridley speculation period. It's been real fun and friendly. You guys are all awesome. Let's hope for the best, be prepared for the worst and remember that Space Pirates never falter!

tumblr_n0hnb0NTot1s0x275o1_500.jpg

Zeox

Smash Champion
Regardless of the results, this time around has been the best Ridley speculation period. It's been real fun and friendly. You guys are all awesome. Let's hope for the best, be prepared for the worst and remember that Space Pirates never falter!

View attachment 147797
If there is no Ridley in smash switch, we will return for the next smash, and the next one, and the next one, forever space pirates.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Hoping for the best, I'll see you all after the direct/treehouse, in good or bad luck…
Space Pirates Never Falter :drflip:

Top Bottom