• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's great that now, we get to see images like this on the official Smash site.

Last edited:

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
Having a Meta-Ridley alt is the icing on the cake.

Conspiracy Theory time: what if Ultimate was already in planning for the switch, so Sm4sh's Ridley was intentionally bad to drum up hype after a Ridley reveal.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I love that Ridley has a unique model for Smash, he looks so rough compared to everyone else, in a good way. I never liked his Other M model, but this is great. Too bad Samus is the same, but that's just a nitpick. With Ridley in, nothing else matters to me right now.

Also, that trailer was great, and they really seemed to capture Ridley's cruelty. I give Sakuraiad props. It takes an open mind to change your view on Ridley, especially after 2 games of saying no. That, and a lot of fan demand.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I thought Sakurai couldn't make Ridley work as a playable fighter, much less a shrinked one. I give Sakurai major props for that, and congrats on getting Ridley in the game! I'm sure he will be incredibly fun to use in Smash Ultimate!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I couldn't be more pleased with the reveal.

Ridley is in. It feels so good to say.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Darn it, I won't be able to finish that animation in time.
It was supposed to be that gif with one dude being all smug, his friends cheering him on and one of them just sliding past him screaming his head off except with Metroid characters and Duckley as the overly excited guy

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Congrats guys. Really, the highlight of the highlight of the show, heh.

Ridley was my first big wish pre-Brawl after so many good characters were added in Melee, most of the other ones I felt were at least as deserving. He didn't make it then but I hoped for Smash 4 until he was confirmed early to not be planned. That kinda killed the dream for me. I was content with reality. But then today happened, and the me from a decade ago was recalled, and I remembered what I'd long forgotten... that despite what I'd try to tell myself in the years since, I'd never really stopped deeply wanting this.

In general, the results of this show exceeded expectations. For those that hung tight to the dream of Ridley, this really is for you.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I been supporting ridley for very long but he never got, this year I decided to support him more seriously by playing metroid games for the first time and beating them, I beat 4 of them, and this was the year ridley finally got his way to smash.
coincidence? or I have the magic power of making characters be in smash with just playing games where that character appears?
Who knows, who knows...

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Stopping by here again to say that WE ****ING DID IT, and that I cannot wait to see all of you on the battlefield rocking our beloved space dragon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's truly the biggest day in the entirety of Smash-history.

And this beloved purple menace gets to be in the center spotlight in all of it.

Congratulations.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Since we only start with the original 8 the grind to unlock Ridley is going to be gruelling, especially if characters are unlocked in order of their numbers.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
You know what's the coolest thing? In his Final Smash, Ridley seems to have his canon size. I love that they just ignored canon proportions and common sense. (come on it's Smash)
I'm so happy guys. I'd like to thank the Melee/Brawl-era supporters since it's because of them I saw Ridley as a viable and cool candidate for the roster. <3

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Since we only start with the original 8 the grind to unlock Ridley is going to be gruelling, especially if characters are unlocked in order of their numbers.
They said that unlocks would be pretty easy, if I recall right.
Should be nowhere near as grueling or obtuse as some of Melee's or Brawl's requirements.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So when are we moving this thread over to the Ridley forum exactly?

God, just typing that right now gave me the shivers.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You know what's the coolest thing? In his Final Smash, Ridley seems to have his canon size. I love that they just ignored canon proportions and common sense. (come on it's Smash)
I'm so happy guys. I'd like to thank the Melee/Brawl-era supporters since it's because of them I saw Ridley as a viable and cool candidate for the roster. <3
And that Final Smash in the first place! SO COOL!

Sakurai really made a game to make us all happy. I'm at the point that I don't care what else ends up in the game - it could be all Smash Tour, and I'd eat it up.

Zeox

Smash Champion
And that Final Smash in the first place! SO COOL!

Sakurai really made a game to make us all happy. I'm at the point that I don't care what else ends up in the game - it could be all Smash Tour, and I'd eat it up.
You got Ridley, you got Squirtle... man... if now they add K. Rool you cannot ask for anything anymore never again.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I love everything about him
I love his new 3d model
I love his moveset
I love his final smash
I love his meta ridley alt
I love that badass trailer
But most importantly, I love you all, for fighting so hard for so many years, we did this possible, together, as a team, thank you all.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I been supporting ridley for very long but he never got, this year I decided to support him more seriously by playing metroid games for the first time and beating them, I beat 4 of them, and this was the year ridley finally got his way to smash.
coincidence? or I have the magic power of making characters be in smash with just playing games where that character appears?
Who knows, who knows...
So, if you watched every episode of Captain N: The Game Master... My dream of Captain N being in Smash might finally be realized?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't believe it. After all these years of trying, we finally managed to get Ridley in for Smash. Even I can't believe it. Victory is ours, guys!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You got Ridley, you got Squirtle... man... if now they add K. Rool you cannot ask for anything anymore never again.
:joyful:
I could always come up with one. Really, my next highest is Dovahkiin, but that’ll never happen. Still, this game seems like it’ll be the smash to end all Smashes. I can’t wait until December!

Top Bottom