• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
How does Wing Blitz fare against other charging attacks anyway? I'd imagine it only loses to Wonderwing (though we have Space Pirate Rush for that).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
How does Wing Blitz fare against other charging attacks anyway? I'd imagine it only loses to Wonderwing (though we have Space Pirate Rush for that).
To beat a non-downward Wing Blitz you need either a really big disjoint, invulnerability or a projectile that does 26% damage or more, is transcendent or has a big enough explosion.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I won't lie, downward wing blitz is sorta busted now, but with all the vulnerabilities Ridley has, I guess he's owed at least one kinda busted move.

Anywho, think this is any good? Compared to the other advanced movement options I mean. Think pivot cancel would still be better for f-tilt, but can see this being another useful option for boost grabbing and spacing use of d-tilt.

Heard an earlier guide for dash walking didn't get much traction, so glad to have become more aware of it through this one. As a tilt stick user, can say it benefits me well too, and feels easier to pull off in hindsight than the other extended dash options I'm aware of or recall practicing before.

BigBodSilverPC

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilversChannel
Switch FC
SW-0409-5467-6302
Dash walk seems to be beneficial for d tilt for sure, but yea pivot seems all around better for f tilt. Could be used in very specific situations (like if you want to sweetspot f tilt someone approaching, but they're close enough so that sourspot f tilt would hit if u pivot canceled) but that seems rare.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to leave this to show that Ridley can be lethal on the right hands. I'm sure most people in the thread knew this but just in case you're having difficulties with the him, keep this in mind.

He can be BRUTAL.

:bowser:.

BigBodSilverPC

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilversChannel
Switch FC
SW-0409-5467-6302
Passing by to leave this to show that Ridley can be lethal on the right hands. I'm sure most people in the thread knew this but just in case you're having difficulties with the him, keep this in mind.

He can be BRUTAL.

:bowser:.
Lol I'm the ridley in the second clip, neat. Chose a bad day to use Beastmaster5000 as my tag.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anyone adding the Dark Samus amiibo to their collection this week? Ridley's still my favorite, but I've been looking forward to this one too.

...Feels weird being able to say Metroid has six amiibo now.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Anyone adding the Dark Samus amiibo to their collection this week? Ridley's still my favorite, but I've been looking forward to this one too.

...Feels weird being able to say Metroid has six amiibo now.
I've pre-ordered two Dark Samus amiibo.

One to keep in the box, one to open.

I've done it for all Metroid themed amiibo.

Dark Samus is going to look nice with the other Metroid themed amiibo on my shelf :3

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You should be.

So did anyone know about this? Wonder if any followup attack after the f-smash there can break what remains of one’s shield as a bonus. Either way, awesome find, this.

BigBodSilverPC

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilversChannel
Switch FC
SW-0409-5467-6302
You should be.

So did anyone know about this? Wonder if any followup attack after the f-smash there can break what remains of one’s shield as a bonus. Either way, awesome find, this.

seems like a really funny tech but im guessing you need full charge f smash or close to it for enough pushback to side b immediately after, and no player is gonna allow you to do that unless they're hyperfocused on themselves and not what ur doing.

uhhh discussion topic time

what do you guys expect to see in the patch tomorrow??? general stuff or ridley stuff doesn't matter. i mainly expect joker and palu nerfs and buffs to characters like banjo and bayo. in terms of ridley buffs i dunno but i hope there are buffs to weight and up smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
uhhh discussion topic time

what do you guys expect to see in the patch tomorrow??? general stuff or ridley stuff doesn't matter. i mainly expect joker and palu nerfs and buffs to characters like banjo and bayo. in terms of ridley buffs i dunno but i hope there are buffs to weight and up smash
I've merged the posts together this time, but just so you know, you can edit new information or questions into your posts rather than double posting.

I'm not too involved in the competitive scene or knowledgeable about specific details regarding character movesets, but I hope that Ridley's improved. Maybe increase his weight a little bit so he can last longer? I understand that he's relatively light for his size due to his build (he's quite scrawny), but anything that can help him survive would be a plus.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Even then, he’s already quite capable of coming back from the brink of death if he’s not getting gimped or something. Rather than individual character improvements, I would kinda prefer some universal tweaks like buffing parries at this point which would be a buff for everyone.

BigBodSilverPC

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilversChannel
Switch FC
SW-0409-5467-6302
I've merged the posts together this time, but just so you know, you can edit new information or questions into your posts rather than double posting.

I'm not too involved in the competitive scene or knowledgeable about specific details regarding character movesets, but I hope that Ridley's improved. Maybe increase his weight a little bit so he can last longer? I understand that he's relatively light for his size due to his build (he's quite scrawny), but anything that can help him survive would be a plus.
ayy thanks for your help, i'll keep that info in mind haha. also yea a ridley weight buff is definitely something i've wanted for a while but if it doesn't happen it isnt the end of the world. i think in terms of ridley buffs id like a tweak to up smash so it can hit characters like kirby and meta knight while they stand in place.

Even then, he’s already quite capable of coming back from the brink of death if he’s not getting gimped or something. Rather than individual character improvements, I would kinda prefer some universal tweaks like buffing parries at this point which would be a buff for everyone.
universal parry buffs would be great, definitely underused as of right now in the meta for such a big change. giving it more frames to act i think would benefit a lot of the lesser characters, and it would also mitigate some people's problems with the game (people complaining that the whole game is people spamming their safe combo starters, so parrying those and still having time to punish it would hurt that strat a lot)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Any nerfs to tough match ups are indirect buffs to Ridley, otherwise I'm not personally holding out for much.

Only thing I can really think they'd do is maybe make Ridley act out of down air just a tad faster.

Tortfeasor

Smash Cadet
Any nerfs to tough match ups are indirect buffs to Ridley, otherwise I'm not personally holding out for much.

Only thing I can really think they'd do is maybe make Ridley act out of down air just a tad faster.
I have doubts Ridley is going to get much attention in the upcoming patch, but here's hoping. Less ending lag on his Dair and Up-B hitting the ground would be awesome.

I wish his Fair had just a bit more reach so that it could challenge a few of the more disjointed aerials.

Firox

Smash Master
I have doubts Ridley is going to get much attention in the upcoming patch, but here's hoping. Less ending lag on his Dair and Up-B hitting the ground would be awesome.

I wish his Fair had just a bit more reach so that it could challenge a few of the more disjointed aerials.
In my experience, Fair's reach isn't as much an issue as the landing hitbox. If you don't space it perfectly then the opponent will fall out right next to you with pretty much zero hitstun. Otherwise, it's a pretty sexy move.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So shield buff for a certain chunk of the cast, especially the bigger ones like Ridley. That’ll do for now I suppose.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Didn't go all Ridley as it was a small/laid back event (and my first in quite a while), but I definitely got the most satisfying all-or-nothing play this past weekend.

Constantini

Smash Cadet
Didn't go all Ridley as it was a small/laid back event (and my first in quite a while), but I definitely got the most satisfying all-or-nothing play this past weekend.

You ****ing FILTH

That was absolutely beautiful.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

Another Mis-Adventure for your viewing pleasure. Although...do things seem a bit off to you?

EDIT: APRIL FOOLS! If you know my channel, my buddy never plays anyone other than King K. Rool. Well, I got him hooked on playing Ridley, so here's our prank montage that will now become a full sub-series of my Mis-Adventures videos!

EDIT 2: So I don't double post, here's the real Mis-Adventures 5!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've spent several days teaching myself how to rip Doom and Metroid Prime to make something dumb.
otp.png

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Is the stuff on the "shoulders" supposed to be the phazite armor? Like how it looks more like natural phazon there.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Before I forgot to post here again, cunning god of death indeed... On top of his playable debut it's cool to still see such complementary bugs.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Been awhile since I last posted here, but being in the middle of a worldwide pandemic makes one reminisce of the simpler times. Was skimming very first pages of this thread, and then the last few pages leading up to Ridley's long due inclusion. Really interesting to take a peak at the past and see how different things were.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, how many people use the Down Throw at zero into skewer trick?

It's not true at all, and it'll only work on a smart person once (if at all), but its pretty fun to pull off.

Top Bottom