• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NOPE.png

XP The whole Power Crown turning Toads into Princesses concept is pretty creepy...to the point of giving nightmares.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
There's also unironically art of Isabelle brutally murdering Ridley, because why not, but I prefer stuff like this for funnies.

isabelleridley1.jpg
isabelleridley2.png
isabelleridley3.jpg
isabelleridley4.jpg

And yeah, glad we finally got our Meta Ridley render which even surpassed expectations in some regards.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I feel like the Super Crown just turns the wearer into a human version of themselves, like when Pinocchio is turned into a real boy, and it doesn't do a genderswap. But the internet's gonna internet.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
There's also unironically art of Isabelle brutally murdering Ridley, because why not, but I prefer stuff like this for funnies.

View attachment 166201
View attachment 166202
View attachment 166203
View attachment 166204

And yeah, glad we finally got our Meta Ridley render which even surpassed expectations in some regards.
I really hope Amiibo support villagers return in Animal Crossing 2019. Link, Epona, and Ganon were cool, but tell me you can add :ultridley: and :ultkrool: as villagers and you have me sold. Not to mention any and all other animal characters. :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultwolf::ultyoshi: would be likely contenders for such hypothetical Amiibo support, :ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer: might be less likely considering Game Freak is very protective of their Pokémon properties (that said if it did happen Mewtwo and Lucario would be joining Ridley and Rool in my village.), :ultsonic: Isn't impossible, considering Nintendo and Sega's relationship, and it'd be a good way to capitalize on Sonic fans, and doesn't Isabelle say she has a lot of sisters who look just like her when you visit other people's towns in New Leaf? What if scanning :ultisabelle: added Isabelle as a villager separate from your Isabelle, a la Anna from Fire Emblem.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So it continues...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The hair/tail idea for the 2nd one (color alt here), along with the wings forming a dress, is actually kinda cool in terms of creativeness. The Metroid earrings too I guess.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
I came here to make a joke about Ridley doubles where the teammates purposely use side-B to cover stage, but I have just realized how horrifying Peachette Crown is.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I came here to make a joke about Ridley doubles where the teammates purposely use side-B to cover stage, but I have just realized how horrifying Peachette Crown is.
On the topic of doubles and Ridley, I'm just wondering how many combos into Ridley's down special will be viable. Any grabs or jab locks with proper spacing and...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Assuming Team Attack is on, the spacing part is going to be crucial since accidentally crumpling your own teammate could lead to disaster.

Off the top of my head, Corrin will probably be a good teammate for setting up sweetspot Down B since they have both Dragon Fang Shot and Lunge.

AndreaAC

Enough.png

"Get that MOTHER ****ING CROWN away from us."

Ah, I needed to get that one out of my chest and my mind. I am of the few that already got tired of the meme.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Eventually Ridlette is gonna get a cosplay... ****ing calling it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
View attachment 166747

Ah, I needed to get that one out of my chest and my mind. I am of the few that already got tired of the meme.
Ridley honestly is not very self-conscious. Other M proves he can easily cope with not being big and menacing by being cunning and manipulative instead.

If this kind of situation befell him, I'd see him taking full advantage of it even as he searches for a cure... or not, if he finds he can cause even more suffering this way.

AndreaAC

Ridley honestly is not very self-conscious. Other M proves he can easily cope with not being big and menacing by being cunning and manipulative instead.

If this kind of situation befell him, I'd see him taking full advantage of it even as he searches for a cure... or not, if he finds he can cause even more suffering this way.
I did it just because I am tired of the meme. I didn't went too "deeply" into it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Far be it from me to force some meme down anyone's throats, but I'd just been posting it since I like some of the artistic creativity that came of said meme. Dark Samus and even generic Metroid critter got a good Super Crown art of them too. Who knows when it'll all start to die down though. I give it a week or month or so at worst. Still been having fun with it personally, even though I get why some would be tired of it at this point which I can respect. /shrug

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Today I finally picked up a Nintendo Switch. The first home console I have purchased since 2006 (when I got the Nintendo Wii at launch). Truth be told, Ridley is not just a game seller, he is a system seller! Seriously, I was sold on a Switch after the E3 2018 Smash Bros. Direct. I already bought three games for my Switch: Super Mario Odyssey, Captain Toad, and Sonic Mania Plus.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ridley as a human is actually pretty interesting to think about. Would he gain the ability to speak in human language? Could he learn to integrate into human society in order to cause discord?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Metroid Prime 4 announcement was what first sold me on getting the Switch, but knew that Ridley and Smash would do the rest of the work for anyone that still wasn’t certain on the system.

Humanized Ridley art is nothing new. The Super Crown just made it cool in the public eye, is all. I’ll take it over Ridley’s other memes though after years and years of loltoobig.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I was setting myself up to be a PS4 fan this generation after my disappointment with the Wii U, but MP4’s announcement plus Ridley in Smash has completely won me back to Nintendo. I’ll still use the PS4 for Kingdom Hearts III and Spyro, though.

Besides Ultimate and MP4, I’m really looking forward to that new Fire Emblem game coming out next year. It reminds me of the Tellius games’ look and feel and I hope it captures their essence in terms of story and characters.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

PANEL1.png

:> Something I did out of boredom. xD Makes me wish I could do an entire comic revolving around Rids (Obviously :p)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ridley is not self aware of his appearance as long as it fits and helps his goals, he will go for it. I mean, if going by the cute 'Little Birdie' from the beloved Other M game in the series.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
View attachment 166747

View attachment 166834
:> Something I did out of boredom. xD Makes me wish I could do an entire comic revolving around Rids (Obviously :p)
That is great work Andrea! I really enjoy the fiery effects of the Ridley is pissed piece. Your art never ceases to amuse me. :)

So about this Super Crown power-up, I have never seen something like this and especially the whole Bowsette **** to massively spread and take off. I just hope this Bowsette doesn't become canon... *shivers* I'm not much of a fan of the Super Crown fiasco. Every time I see an image related to the meme, I just laugh because of how ridiculous it looks. I mean Mario dating Super Crown Bowser and Luigi dating Super Crown King Boo, it's spread like wildfire.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For the new Switch users I can highly recommend Hollow Knight if you haven't already picked it up on Steam, it's the best Metroidvania I've played outside of Super Metroid and Prime 1, and it's dirt cheap, probably the best value for money game I've ever bought.

AndreaAC

That is great work Andrea! I really enjoy the fiery effects of the Ridley is pissed piece. Your art never ceases to amuse me. :)

So about this Super Crown power-up, I have never seen something like this and especially the whole Bowsette **** to massively spread and take off. I just hope this Bowsette doesn't become canon... *shivers* I'm not much of a fan of the Super Crown fiasco. Every time I see an image related to the meme, I just laugh because of how ridiculous it looks. I mean Mario dating Super Crown Bowser and Luigi dating Super Crown King Boo, it's spread like wildfire.
C; Glad you like it! XD That fire was made with lazy photoshoping and a brush! I just wanted to get a quick result! It is great to be back on a roll with my Ridley stuff!

You and me both, my friend. But very time I see an artist I follow drawing the acursed Bowsette, I feel kind of annoyed. Again, it stopped being funny quite a while ago. I am glad I never drew it myself with the whole Ridlette thing and even if I got asked to, I would promptly refuse.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
As annoying as the Bowsette fad is, I can at least count my blessings (again) and be glad that it's not a Zero Suit Dark Samus fad. If that happened, I think I'd have a nervous breakdown.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Hm, I am a little confused?
Perhaps you didn't notice it since I tagged you in an edit, but on the K. Rool boards I had tagged you suggesting you draw a super crowned Ridley since your tagline is drawing interesting Ridley scenarios. I come on here and see how much you loath the Super Crown and how you wouldn't draw it even if someone asked, and I felt like saying sorry for asking previously.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Hmm? What's up with that?
So you know how after Brawl introduced Zero Suit Samus to the broader public, unsavory art of ZSS became more and more common? Well, now that Dark Samus has been introduced to the broader public, some nitwits decided to apply that principle to Dark Samus, making art like this. I mean, people have been doing that since the beginning, but at least those were people who more than likely at least played the games, so they knew they were wrong and consciously chose to do so. Now, as someone else once put it, we're getting art that's more like "I've never played the Metroid Prime series but I think that big ***** goth gf's are hot."

I detest it because, besides how it obviously degrades the character in general, it also brings the character down to the most mundane level. The reason Dark Samus is such a cool character to me is that it's beyond human. It's an amalgamation of four different elements (Phazon, Metroid Prime, Samus, and the Phazon Suit) to create a unique entity that you can't find anywhere else in fiction.

The fact that her name is "Dark" Samus is the primary problem. The well's been poisoned with so many "dark" or "shadow" versions of characters throughout fiction, especially in Nintendo games, that the uniqueness of Dark Samus as a character is unknown to most. I'd have tried to give the character a much more unique name, but oh well.

So yeah, if Zero Suit Dark Samus blew up the same way Bowsette did, I'd have multiple conniption fits. I'd have cast my ballot on a Diddy Kong's paw; I got my character, but at the cost of it being ruined to the broader public.

Thankfully, that hasn't really happened. There's been a handful of art, popping up here and there, but it's not a huge problem. I'm sure it'll occur occasionally after the game releases, but so far the reactions I've seen have been more positive. There's been good, real fanart, and instead of people bemoaning another "dark" character, most have noticed how unique and cool the character is from the appearance/animations alone and are excited for her. In the end, it's as good of an outcome as I could expect.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I honestly found it funny for the first day and that's it.

It is just a gender bender meme, only that guys. It is annoying but I am sure that it will pass like every other meme.

AndreaAC

Perhaps you didn't notice it since I tagged you in an edit, but on the K. Rool boards I had tagged you suggesting you draw a super crowned Ridley since your tagline is drawing interesting Ridley scenarios. I come on here and see how much you loath the Super Crown and how you wouldn't draw it even if someone asked, and I felt like saying sorry for asking previously.
Oh, ok. And nope, I did not know about the tag. It is alright, you didn't know I was fed up with the whole -ette meme to begin with. So, I apologize in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom