• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Maybe I just have an impure mind, but the tail placement seems questionable.
Seriously. As great as this image is why is his tail coming out of his weewee and not his lower back/butt?

His skin looks really nice too. I thought for sure this alt was just metal over the rotting looking flesh on the original version.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Thanks for that! Ok I don't think that render was ready for the public to see. Looks like a clear oversight.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Kinda want them to keep it to reignite this boast.
XD I already imagined Ridley turning back to his Meta form, all dizzy saying:

"Don't worry, Silly One...this is definitely...fool proof...no one will ever notice the diference....ow...."

"Big Bro...are you sure you wanna do this?....they may not see you look different on the battlefield...but...they may notice...Uh...what is that...?"

"What is what?"

*Roidley points down*

"What are you-" *Ridley sees his tail* "WHAT THE ****?! HEY! IT...IT IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! I SWEAR!" *covers himself* "WHY IS IT LIKE THIS?!"

-A bunch of years back after the Pirates retrived Ridley's body from Zebes to the Frigate for his surgery-

Pirate 1: "We are almost done. I need to go to get lunch. Hey, you! Place the tail on him."

Pirate 2: "But sire, I don't know where-"

Pirate 1: "Even a Metroid Larva would know where to put it! DO IT."

Pirate 2: "...Uh...well, here goes nothing...*gulps*"

When the Pirate Tech returns, he sees where the tail was put by the clumsy peasant, and orders via his communication device "Feed him to the Metroids. Or better yet, feed him to Ridley while he's still under the effects of the anesthesia when he wakes up." After that, Ridley got his tail where it should be.

xD I wish I could make an entire comic out of this, and hopefully I will at some point!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That looks AWESOME!!

So 9 costumes for Riddles? Or do we even get recolors of Meta?

I hope this gives us the hope for new alt costumes for other characters as well.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I like how on this Meta Ridley model it really looks like he's just been stitched back together, much more so than with the original Meta Ridley model, it gives me the feeling that he left Frigate Orpheon long before his rebuilding process was complete. Then with the render for regular Ridley, which is very much inspired by Super Metroid of course, it looks like he's been able to regenerate the entirety of his body, but not in a natural way, so he looks really roughed up and far less slick than the parts of his body that were still intact as Meta Ridley.

Whether intentional or not it kinda tells the story of Ridley, and makes me appreciate all the little battle scared details on his regular render.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
with this wonder why we don't get the super metroid ridley
Pretty sure the default Ridley we have is the Super Metroid Ridley.

metroid-ridley.gif
ridley-ssbu-small.png

The color scheme, head, and eyes are all pretty much dead ringers for Ridley's sprite in Super Metroid, and his default pose in Smash is somewhat close to how he appears in Zero Mission as well. His talons have also even been reverted back to their original classic look of having two digits up front and one in back, whereas in Other M he had three digits up front.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Really loving the Meta Ridley render, like Ridley's regular design they took the best of his previous incarnations and brought them together to make a great model out of it. I can't really say there's anything-

Maybe I just have an impure mind, but the tail placement seems questionable.
...Great, now I can't unsee it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Pretty sure the default Ridley we have is the Super Metroid Ridley.

The color scheme, head, and eyes are all pretty much dead ringers for Ridley's sprite in Super Metroid, and his default pose in Smash is somewhat close to how he appears in Zero Mission as well. His talons have also even been reverted back to their original classic look of having two digits up front and one in back, whereas in Other M he had three digits up front.
I mean to look like the one in melee intro. Though I do love the default

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I appreciate that it's an entirely different model, and that they didn't just staple parts to the normal model. That's effort.

However, I don't like how purple and prominent his skin is. Hell, I didn't even know there were any exposed parts on Meta Ridley until the Smash Ultimate design. It always looked like he was completely encased in armor:

So it makes sense that people are getting it confused with Proteus Ridley. I'd hazard a guess that the idea was to combine elements of both designs into one, were it not for the fact that Samus hasn't been updated.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Love these renders. The attention to detail and the source material is great. Goes to show the dev team did research and added to the character. Kudos.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's going to be hard to decide between Super Metroid boxart Ridley and Meta-Ridley. If there's a red Meta-Ridley alt... perfection.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I am probably going to waffle back and forth between different colours and the meta-ridley skin when I play. There are so many good options. This is honestly a pretty great problem to have.

IronTed

Smash Ace
The alt looks amazing. Ridley already looks pretty beat up as it is, but this takes it to another level. He really does look like a near-dead, cybernetically enhanced Ridley. Hoping that Ridley indeed does get more than 8 alts, all of them look fine.

Also "thanks" for pointing out his, ehm. shall we say interesting tail placement. I'll never be able to unsee that now.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
riddles.png

Little bit of Ridley fan art I had to get out of my system as we wait for December 7th.

AndreaAC

OMEGA.png

Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt Remember that one painting you were doing to see how Brawl Ridley would look in Ultimate? XD Well, now with the Meta Render, I got curious how Omega Ridley would look, though, since it is pretty overdetailed, if I ever wanted to do the full body, I would have to modify a lot of it's proportions and design to adapt it. And instead of adding its original details, I would have to remove some of them. I just did the head for fun,

AndreaAC

Bros.png

After his transformation back to his Meta form ended up as an embarrassing failure thanks to the cursed misplaced tail, Ridley didn't wanted to show his face to the world ever again, wrapping himself around his wings in shame.

"Come on, Big Bro! It wasn't that bad!"

"Oh yeah? Tell me at least one thing positive about it."

"Uh...with it...the pretty cosmic lady is gonna know that you are happy to see her?"

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?! I am not a pesky human male to do such bull****! Unlike them, I got dignity!"

"...Oh..."

"You know what? Get out of my sight. Now."

-The next morning-

"Rise and Shine, Big Bro! Today is gonna be a good day!"

"No, I am not coming out, ever. Leave me alone."

"Aww...but Big Bro...I wanna go play outside..."

"You can go by yourself, Silly One."

"Nope, I cannot and I won't! You can feel ashamed about yourself any day! But NOT today!" *Roidley goes to bite Ridley's wing playfully*

"STOP IT! Stop it, you IDIOT!"

*Roidley keeps biting it*

"FOR ****'S SAKE! Fine! I will go!"

"YAY~!"

"How much I hate you...not really..."

:> I missed my Ridley Bros. Gotta love them.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 165612

After his transformation back to his Meta form ended up as an embarrassing failure thanks to the cursed misplaced tail, Ridley didn't wanted to show his face to the world ever again, wrapping himself around his wings in shame.

"Come on, Big Bro! It wasn't that bad!"

"Oh yeah? Tell me at least one thing possitive about it."

"Uh...with it...the pretty cosmic lady is gonna know that you are happy to see her?"

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?! I am not a pesky human male to do such bull****! Unlike them, I got dignity!"

"...Oh..."

"You know what? Get out of my sight. Now."

-The next morning-

"Rise and Shine, Big Bro! Today is gonna be a good day!"

"No, I am not coming out, ever. Leave me alone."

"Aww...but Big Bro...I wanna go play outside..."

"You can go by yourself, Silly One."

"Nope, I cannot and I won't! You can feel ashamed about yourself any day! But NOT today!" *Roidley goes to bite Ridley's wing playfully*

"STOP IT! Stop it, you IDIOT!"

*Roidley keeps biting it*

"FOR ****'S SAKE! Fine! I will go!"

"YAY~!"

"How much I hate you...not really..."

:> I missed my Ridley Bros. Gotta love them.
Somehow, you find ways to make me like Roidley. XD

Always great seeing them interact!

AndreaAC

Somehow, you find ways to make me like Roidley. XD

Always great seeing them interact!
xD I am glad to hear that! I did that to myself years ago, when I had sworn to despise him after the Other M ordeal. But Roidley has his charm! :p That is why Ridley can't say that he hates him and actually mean it.

:D I hope I can make more with them!

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
xD I am glad to hear that! I did that to myself years ago, when I had sworn to despise him after the Other M ordeal. But Roidley has his charm! :p That is why Ridley can't say that he hates him and actually mean it.

:D I hope I can make more with them!
I hope you do! I always love seeing Ridley arts. But no pressure to. :lick:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if someone can make a ridley if he was cell from dbz that be awesome. ( a project for a tshirt)

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
European packaging for the Ridley amiibo:

He is #65.
(Bayonetta Player 2 is #62, Wolf is #63, Inkling is #64)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
European packaging for the Ridley amiibo:

He is #65.
(Bayonetta Player 2 is #62, Wolf is #63, Inkling is #64)
I really hope those wings are bigger in person. Can't complain too much because a Ridley amiibo by itself is awesome, but it'll be somewhat insulting if Charizard and Meta Knight end up having the bigger wings.

Oh well. At least Ridley will get his own unique stand instead of an awkward pole jutting out of his thigh (or in Lucario's case...).

Top Bottom