• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Zelda is my secondary, and I'm trying to get better with her. I've heard of and seen a love jump (the jump using Nayru's love, it really seems to give Zelda some extra height) preformed, but how do you do it?! I apologize if this has been talked about before, I didn't really see it in the Zelda guides though.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It's in the Sheik guide.

Click the upside down link in my sig then scroll down.

Should I just copy that guide here too? Since apparently it will save on spam.

Edit:

It appears that my sig randomly turns off now and then. Here's the link.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179565

Double Edit:

I took some initiative and now the guide can be found in the zelda forum.

Alopex

Smash Ace
To the above two: your sig won't show if you use the Quick Reply. Unless you go to your options and set it up so that your sig WILL show on Quick Replies. Otherwise, it's off by default.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
To the above two: your sig won't show if you use the Quick Reply. Unless you go to your options and set it up so that your sig WILL show on Quick Replies. Otherwise, it's off by default.
Ur right..
But belive me.. that's not the case here! I know when i'm using quickreply or not.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I've been experimenting loads with love jump and I've totally added it into my game. It escapes tons of potential combos and those that like to tech chase. The only downside is it launches Zelda upwards but you can skew this slightly.

Is there any way to force love jump sideways or downwards? Imagine lovejumping into your opponent followed by Usmash. The possibilities...!!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I've been experimenting loads with love jump and I've totally added it into my game. It escapes tons of potential combos and those that like to tech chase. The only downside is it launches Zelda upwards but you can skew this slightly.

Is there any way to force love jump sideways or downwards? Imagine lovejumping into your opponent followed by Usmash. The possibilities...!!
Check out the videos in the Sheik guide/Zelda guide. Zelda can love jump at a 45 degree angle, or possibly even more horizontal. While there is no way to love jump downwards, you can flick the joystick down and release then hit B and she will "fast fall" Nayrus Love.

I have been able to love jump from off the the stage into a f-air.

Apart from that a regular jump while flicking the joystick right or left will make her glide, which I believe can be followed with an F-smash.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sorry to keep bumping this, but I must say love jump has helped my game a lot.

Some information:

- After a vertical love jump, Zelda can immediately fast fall and set up dair EASILY. I've pulled this off on countless metaknights chasing me. This is especially true when she is hit off stage by a high knockback move and the enemy chases her off stage. She'll often rise quickly above them in range of dair.

- Love jump effectively allows Zelda to escape from those chasing her in the air. Love jump > FW on the ground is very handy and tends to confuse the opponent. Using this has also made me realise that Zelda's airdodge is not that bad at all, it just needs to be timed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom