• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Smash ~ LOST 3 ~ April 24, 2010

Curlz

Smash Lord

Louisiana Smash Presents:
LOST 3!!!

April 24, 2010

Lousiana Smash and Lafayette's Play N Trade would like to present you with Lafayette's Official Smash Tournament 3.

RESULTS

I don't have the results on my because we used MasterMajora's laptop for the bracket. Here's what I remember. I think they're correct. I will update them ASAP.

LOST 3
4/24/10
Lafayette, LA
$5 Entry

1: Lee Martin ($39.00)
2: Roni ($19.50)
3: Blaine ($6.50)
4: Ran
5: Curlz
5: Ty
7: ChKn
7: John
9: mastermajora
9: Josh
9: Trev
9: lololololozzzzz
13: Axel

Brawl+
1: Lee Martin ($24.00)
2: Ran ($8.00)
2: ujuj ($8.00)
4: Chef
5: Blaine
5: lololololozzzzz
7: John
7: Ty

Dates/ Schedule:

1:30pm - Set up / Sign up / Friendlies
2:00pm - Brawl Singles Start
4:30pm - Brawl+ Singles Start

Need to be finished with both events by 7:00pm.

Fees:
$7 per event
$2 of each entry goes to the venue
Girls get in free.
NO REFUNDS
60/30/10 pot split if under 32
55/25/15/5 if over 32

All prizes will paid with cash outside of the venue.

Venue Info:
139 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506-6213
(337) 456-5163

The PnT is located inside a plaza which contains Jason's Deli, a Smoothie Factory, and a Cookie Factory. Across the street is a Piccadilly Cafeteria.

General Info:

GENERAL

My cell phone number is (337) 278 8137 if you have questions about anything.

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

BRAWL

Double Elimination:
-3 stock; 7:00 Singles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress.
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinities past 300%.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape are banned.
-Meta Knight's Street Sharking glitch is banned.
-Marth's Infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned.
-King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario are banned.

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%. The Infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.

An SD card with the following codes will be used on every Wii:
No Tripping
Tier List Character Select Screen
Infinite Replay

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List
------------
Starter:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

The rest

BRAWL+

We will be using Mychal's SD card with Brawl+ on it for the tournament. Please bring Hacked Wiis to use.

Double Elimination
8:00 Minutes
4 stocks
Items set to Off and None
Advanced Slob Picks
Stage Striking
Basic Brawl Rules

Stages:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
SmashVille
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Square
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
WarioWare
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion

Banned

The rest.

ChKn

Smash Ace
$2 of each entry goes to the venue

^^Are you getting $1 this time around?

I think this isn't locals only.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Your keeping money for yourself?
I'm the tournament organizer for the store. I get paid for my job.

Any tournament held over there I get $1 per person. (which is another reason I hype my tournies up so much)

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I was a volunteer until I got the job.
Why does it matter though. This way I'm actually gonna try to get alot of people.
More people also means bigger pots for 1st-4th.
venue is just that, a fee that goes directly to the venue for allowing us to use the place to guarantee that the store makes some sort of direct profit. Stores that wave venue fees usually think indirect profit suffices (i.e. advertising, impulse spending, etc.). But charging us $4 extra that won't go into the pot to compete in both events and you personally taking 50% of that is really unfair and downright an act of douchebaggery.

Curlz

Smash Lord
venue is just that, a fee that goes directly to the venue for allowing us to use the place to guarantee that the store makes some sort of direct profit. Stores that wave venue fees usually think indirect profit suffices (i.e. advertising, impulse spending, etc.). But charging us $4 extra that won't go into the pot to compete in both events and you personally taking 50% of that is really unfair and downright an act of douchebaggery.
Well this my only way to save up for tournaments and whatnot now because my parents stopped giving me spending money/allowance.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Rofl, sorry but this is true

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Curlz, fix the money thing. It should say $2 goes to venue, $1 goes to you. Stop lying, ya f a g o t.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Don't remember if I've mentioned this already, but I also find the "curlz takes a cut from the pot" thing to be some pretty serious bull****.

Not that I'm entering the tournament or anything regardless. Just throwing it out there.

Ivy

Smash Rookie
have about 2 weeks practice awesome i look forward to a rematch curlz =) ill kill rob more then once this time

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Not going to this if I have to pay a venue fee twice.

8$ entry PER event? Why would they/you take a cut twice.
Hyro's not going either if it doesn't change.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I'm no mathematician. I'm not a business major or a stat major. Hell, I'm a lowly Kin major, I'll never work with numbers for the rest of my life. But I do know one thing: With all due respect, and remember I'm saying with all due respect, that venue fee idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on.
And just to clarify, are you getting $1 every time a venue fee is presented? So if I paid the full $16 to enter both tournies, you get $2 of that? Here's a hypothetical: Say I enter vBrawl only. There's 15 entrants. I win, what, ~$40. If there's 15 people that do B- as well, you get $30. You get slightly less than a winner for doing the same work that every TO in the country has been doing for nearly a decade for free?
Alright, here's a new plan. I'm gonna host a ****in tourney here in BR on the same day(closer for most people) with no ****in venue fee (cheaper for all people) and I won't be a ****in **********. Sure, I'll be obnoxious, I'll be an angry drunk, and I'll feel up your women if y'all bring em, but at least I wouldn't be a polesmokin douche. ****. That's something a real cocksmith would do. Summa*****, I just wanna kick somethin right now. You got me all worked up. I go to church every Sunday, you're gonna bring the demons outta me. I knew I kept this sig around for something.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Actually I think this is pretty much what Curlz wants, its a win-win for him. If a lot of ppl from BR, NOLA, and Houma come then that becomes more venue fee money that he can collect so he still gets paid despite not placing. On the other hand he already has enough hype to get Laffy people to come and would therefore still get a sum from the venue fee and may actually have a chance at placing. Basically abusing his power and this venue for his own personal gain. Pretty selfish and low.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Well, I seem to have noticed that it still says $3 goes to the venue for every entry. That's bull****.

Someone who goes needs to stand next to the person collecting money and, to everyone who pays, tell them that $1 they are giving is being payed SOLELY because the TO wants a profit which has been, for quite a while, a voluntary work. Just to see the people's reaction.

ChKn

Smash Ace
He's using the money for a different reason; not pocketing it.

I think the $8 per event is a mistake. We'd probably lose much more going into the next event if it was 8 dollars per event. Five per event with a 2-3 venue is much more feasible. I think this should be started earlier, so we can get more events in and to account for other ****(amount of TVs, etc.). I think 2-3 PM start up time for a lesser event like B+/- would be better. Then, we can do singles/dubs. I don't think we can get in pools in though :(.

Who the hell is Ivy?

Oh yeah, please bring TV's. PLEASE!!!!!

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Why did Curlz even say anything about him pocketing the money anyway? I would've kept my mouth shut.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Well this my only way to save up for tournaments and whatnot now because my parents stopped giving me spending money/allowance.
Oh here it is.

Curlz, aren't you almost 17? Do you know what a job is? And this doesn't count. This isn't you working, it's you being a douchebag.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Logging in on these forums is ****ing annoying.

Anyways, Curlz and I have something planned, but since Curlz is looking into it more in depth than I am, it would be better for him to fill you guys in.

If I convinced Curlz to cut down on the 8 per event fee, would you guys be fine with it?

ChKn mentioned it, iirc.
Better that we iron this out, before it gets known and **** happens during LOST. In retrospect, it may have been the best of intentions, but it's not worth it if you guys are pissed off.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Flounda, you best be a fast talker, cuz I don't quite have enough respect for you that I wouldn't **** your **** up too. You've placed yourself in the same boat as Jared 'the ******' LeBouef, I suggest you either get to explaining or jump ship before that ***** sinks.
If there's some master plan (say, for instance, y'all will be using the extra money to put on a ****** tourny later on), then why the **** didn't y'all just come out and say it? As of now, with the information given, someone is pocketing money, and that **** ain't cool.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ok guys, if its seriously THAT much of a problem, I'll stop taking a single dollar out of the venue fee. The venue fee is going to be $4 altogether. $2 for singles and $2 for the side event.

I hope everyone is pleased.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Logging in on these forums is ****ing annoying.

Anyways, Curlz and I have something planned, but since Curlz is looking into it more in depth than I am, it would be better for him to fill you guys in.

If I convinced Curlz to cut down on the 8 per event fee, would you guys be fine with it?

Better that we iron this out, before it gets known and **** happens during LOST. In retrospect, it may have been the best of intentions, but it's not worth it if you guys are pissed off.
For me, The $8 isn't THAT big of a problem. It's the fact that I have to give Curlz $1 every time I want to enter an event.

Hey, maybe the people won't have a problem. What I think you should do, is have the venue fee as $2, $5 entry, and when people sign up, ask them for a $1 donation. The venue won't care, since they are only making $2 per person anyway. And now, no one will be forced to pay Curlz for every entry, and he still has a chance to make your money.

Just an idea, but we'll have to see what people who will be attending think.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Ok guys, if its seriously THAT much of a problem, I'll stop taking a single dollar out of the venue fee. The venue fee is going to be $4 altogether. $2 for singles and $2 for the side event.

I hope everyone is pleased.
No you're not very clever. The price of the tournament was $5 per event and $2 venue fee before you
Updated with new side event and upped entry fee for the venue.
so you're basically going back to the same previous amount which has you getting a cut.

Top Bottom