• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The hatch is supposed to be far away from the camp though, right? Wasn't it like, half a days walk when Boone and Locke first found it?
When they found it they weren't going directly to it. It was more of a searching kind of thing.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
This show sounds kinda cool but at the same time a little cliché. Knowing that I can get every episode, DVD quality, for free, should I invest the time watching it? Is it really, really good? Or are you guys just watching it because you are addicted and need to see what happens next? I'd appreciate your (honest) thoughts...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Watch it from Season 1 to the present.

The show focuses largely on Character development AND plot driven storyline. I see no way, shape, or form that this show is cliche.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, I see. I was just referring to the "stranded on an island" plot, I've never actually seen the show. I know you're a **** smart guy so if you think it's deep and interesting then I probably will too. I'll start the downl.... the trip to the DVD store... yeah.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
It's a bit of both, referring to your last question. It is a great show, but your second point really hits home too. I have to keep watching because I'm so dang curious.

EDIT: Plus, do you guys remember what the heiroglyphs looked like? The three that flipped over? Looking at the hatch blueprints again, did those three happen to look like...maybe and arrow, fire, and staff? Hm? It just hit me. If someone has it recorded or something can check.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You best bet is to take the episodes into portions as well. I got the Season 1 DVD and noticed so much important stuff I didn't until much later.

Good luck with it, if you are dedicated enough you may be able to catch yourself up by Next Wednesday and can join in discussions.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't caught myself up yet due to the torrent being poorly seeded, but I've seen up to episode 5 and I'm really liking it. I wasn't sure about it when I watched the first two pilot episodes but it really picked up. I'm surprised about how surreal it is, what with the giant monsters and the hallucinations. I was expecting it to be more realistic. I'm sure I'm still waaaaaaaay behind but I'm liking it so far, and I'll probably be caught up by next week.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Oh just wait, things grow continuously more bizare/awesome (straight through to season two).

Ugh, I really am just TOO obsessed with this show. I know EVERYTHING about it.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah, this show (if you watch it from start to finish) is quite beyond awesome. And Craftstar, there is no way to be TOO obsessed with this show. One cannot know enough.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Tonight's episode was pretty disappointing. It added nothing really to the plot except for MINOR character developments really. One two significant things really were Locke doubting the code/trying to remember the picture and Michael coming back. There were HINTS that the Others were fake, but it was never exploded.

I think tonight's episode was just another stand still until the hiatus for Alias is over. (yes at least 2 weeks until the continuation)

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
It's a bit of both, referring to your last question. It is a great show, but your second point really hits home too. I have to keep watching because I'm so dang curious.

EDIT: Plus, do you guys remember what the heiroglyphs looked like? The three that flipped over? Looking at the hatch blueprints again, did those three happen to look like...maybe and arrow, fire, and staff? Hm? It just hit me. If someone has it recorded or something can check.

http://www.glyphdoctors.com/mod/for...oodleSession=edc1f804d66a1ff8e02630b8d40c4a95

Apperently they mean something about "causing to die" or "killing"

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
The last episode was good, there was a lot of insight into the healing powers of the island. And of course buildup for the sure-to-be intense final four episodes.

Upcoming episode schedule (The entire month of May):

May 3: Episode 20: Two for the Road. Flashback: Ana-Lucia.
May 10: Episode 21: ?. Flashback: Eko. (? is the name of the episode)
May 17: Episode 22: Three Minutes. Flashback: Michael.
May 24: Episode 23 (2 hour Finale): Live Together, Die Alone. Flashback:
Desmond.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I'm hoping Michael's flashback is what happened to him when he went off to find Walt, and not some lame story about his life before the crash.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Gerudo Knight said:
I'm hoping Michael's flashback is what happened to him when he went off to find Walt, and not some lame story about his life before the crash.
I believe it's about him trying to find Walt.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Son of a *****!

I never saw ANY of that coming.

Seriously. Notice who it happened to also. The people busted with DWI. I was pissed though, both of them were just getting started with a new storyline.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I just saw Michael shoot Ana Lucia and Libby to death, and then shoot himself. The final gunshot led into the closing "LOST" text. I couldn't speak for about a minute after my initial reaction. Rumours circle (already) that only one of the girls died, as in the commercial apparently someone is heard saying "she's dead" as opposed to "they're dead" but I'm going to assume for the time being both are dead. Michael became the most confusing character. What does he know? What could they have done to him? Did they promise him Walt? Did they threaten Walt? It seemed his goal was to free Henry Gale, but why.. WHY.. did he do what he did. I am anticipating the rest of the season so, so much more than I was before. Is Michael one of them now? What is going on?

Also, who else noticed the Hanso Foundation commercial during the commercials?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
WGS' Theories...

I have two ideas for why Michael did what he did...

1. I think the Others forced him to do it to give him Walt back. They say something like, "Hey, we have what you want, and they have what we want. Go in there and get what we want (Henry), and we'll give you what you want (Walt). However, why he shot himself, I'm not really sure with this theory.

Or...

2. Perhaps Michael was thinking that the rest of the group wasn't too hip on the idea of ambushing the Others, so he needed to give the proper motivation. If they see Henry, whom they thought was subdued, killing again, they'll want, nay, need to go after him. So, Michael shoots some people and himself to frame Henry, so everyone goes after him.

Those are my thoughts. Here are some other theories from my family...

1. Henry is in charge of the Others, so that's why all this trouble is being went through to get him.

2. Michael has been brainwashed or something, and is now an Other himself. Him shooting himself will just give him a way to "prove" that Henry was evil, so they'll keep trusting him.

3. (A bit out there) Michael is just going insane from not being able to do anything about Walt. He killed Ana because she was too weak to kill others, and Libby was an accident out of fear. Of course, this still doesn't explain why he shot himself...

Really, most of these are at least semi-plausible, so I'm kinda leaning for any of 'em. I won't be too shocked if any of them turn out to be the truth, really.

Now I just want to see next week's episode.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Lost did a great job tonight in my opinion. They took about 20 steps forward and have step-up 2-4 more episodes just to explain what the hell happened and what was suggested.

Ana Lucia is dead. She was shot and we watched her die. Libby on the other hand was shot much lower and there is a chance he missed the vitals. I really expected all that to be a dream sequence. It was so surreal.

Unfortunately, did anyone see who else may be gone soon? I saw Eko in a tree and falling. That would piss me off.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Rumours that they planned to kill the two characters for legal reasons, but the creators are claiming otherwise.

Damon Lindelof: A lot of this is going to sound like spin, so all we can give you is our word that this is exactly what happened. Around late February of last year, we started throwing our respective lines in the water to find the leader of the tail section, who we knew was going to be a Latina woman and who would be conceived as a romantic foil for Jack. We wanted her to be in her mid-thirties and be a detective from the LAPD. So we started putting out feelers unofficially because we wanted her to show up in the penultimate episode of last year. That way, when we started our plan for Season 2, it wouldn't feel like we had pulled her out of our *****. So, right around that time...
Carlton: I got a call from Michelle's agent saying, "Would you guys be interested in Michelle Rodriguez? But she's really only interested in being on the show for a year."
Ausiello: And then the DUI...
Carlton: Then she got this DUI and Damon and I looked at each other and we were like, "Oh, great. Everybody is going to think we're killing her off because she got a DUI." But there really wasn't anything we could do about that. I mean, the story was set. We had made plans. With Lost, we think it out well ahead of when we actually shoot it. We thought about altering our plan, but [this] was in fact what was best for the show. The fact that she got a DUI would come and go and what would live on would be the show, and our plan was still the best plan for the character. Ironically, we actually thought about changing it the other way around once [the DUI] happened, but it really was the best story. We wanted to tell the best story.
Damon: And obviously that decision was further mitigated by the fact that Libby is shot at the same time as Ana Lucia. Basically then we said, "Oh, s--t. Both Michelle and Cynthia were busted the same night for DUI and we've got this story point coming up where they essentially both get shot at the same time, so it's going to look like this is the Lost producers attempt to say, 'Don't drive drunk!'" But as Carlton says, all it created in us was [the thought that], "Maybe we shouldn't do the plan now, 'cause people are going to think this is a reaction to [the DUIs], as opposed to this [plan] existing prior to that event."
Carlton: As you'll see, everything that happens for the rest of the season all sort of falls from this event. And we're not doing ourselves or the fans of the show or the show itself any service by altering those plans because of Michelle's extracurricular activities.
Damon: Not to mention that we didn't even know if that option would be available to us. We were still functioning under the auspices of that meeting, which was Michelle saying, "I want to do a year and then move on."
Source

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
Lost did a great job tonight in my opinion. They took about 20 steps forward and have step-up 2-4 more episodes just to explain what the hell happened and what was suggested.

Ana Lucia is dead. She was shot and we watched her die. Libby on the other hand was shot much lower and there is a chance he missed the vitals. I really expected all that to be a dream sequence. It was so surreal.

Unfortunately, did anyone see who else may be gone soon? I saw Eko in a tree and falling. That would piss me off.
I apologize as this is a little but spoilerish, but I can confirm that Eko will not die, at least not this season.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Ughh... I just came back from watching today's episode.... o.O WTF Geez, now I really want to know what happens next T_T.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

go there, and click on newsletter. Click on Joop's corner, and then click to send him a message. Type in "Breaking Strain", and it will show you this

Also, go to newsletter, type in your name, and then type in "Breaking Strain" again for the password.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
WTF. I liked libby ;___; DON'T BE DEAD ;_______;

dear lord this confuses the heck out of me. and it makes me sad. ._.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Could it be possible that they're all in purgatory? Just throwing that out there.

EDIT: Nevermind, that wouldn't fit.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
No they're not in Purgatory, and it's not all in someone's head. The creators have basically said the answer to the show's mysteries isn't something like that.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
A new theory from the mind of my dad (a fellow avid Lost fan)!

Michael told them about how the Others weren't armed, right? Well, my dad is pretty sure that's a lie, and they're seriously powerful. He also suspects that the Others' project and stuff has something to do with the Fountain of Youth, since they seem to take more children than anything.

A pretty good/interesting theory if I do say so myself...

kirbyultimate

Smash Lord
Michael was definitely lying about the whole thing when he said "I followed the Other undetected." Everything was pretty much false after statement. We already know they are heavily armed judging from the events of Walt's capture. They have strong men (not just women and children as Michael put it) and I actually think all of them have special abilities the Lostaways don't know about. They survive the black smoke, don't they?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The black smoke was survived by 2 other members of the Lost castaways already. It's a play on your worst fear.

Also, I really doubt Michael was lying. Remember how they found masks and fake beards in that medical hatch? Though they had a boat, we never saw them with weapons OR anymore than the 3 guys we saw (other than those killed or captured).

I am starting to fear how this season will end actually. I think it's becoming too predictable in that every episode will have some mind blowing twist.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
According to my TV Guide magazine, we're supposedly
going to figure out what's going on with the Hatch, the Dharma Initiative, how/why the airplane crashed in the first place, and Desmond's background. Then, we're to be blown away by something that'll keep us guessing 'til next season. I really hope they can pull through with it.
I'm really hoping that this season gets better, and I'm hoping that next season is even more awesome. But, either way, I'll probably love it, because I'm an official Lost fanatic.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
We don't actually need spoiler tags if it's in TV Guide. It's a weekly show.

Also, I assumed they would end with another major cliffhanger, but I hope this one is resolved better than the last. The finding of the hatch was the basis for this season, but the first 2 episodes had nothing to do with them going into the hatch.

Well, I am interested more now. I saw than Hanso commerical and went to the website. Anyone called them number?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I did

Noting happens, really. They ask if you want to talk to the executvies, and then you get a radiom, a message like its from their voicebox, and then you get disconnected.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
You get the password for the site, which is "breaking strain" <for the newsletter section
the new password from sublymonal.com is "Heir Apparent" <for Mittlewerk's executive bio

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight's episode:

Dr. Mark Wickman
Dr. Marvin Candle

Same guy. Look at the last names.

I don't know anymore about the button. I don't know if does anything beyond what apparently is a experiment (the station 5 orientation film makes it seem so). But... I don't think I believe it does nothing. Something bigger is going on (obviously) but it's all very confusing.

Oh and Michael is going get them all captured or killed. That *******. I hate him for what he did. Poor Hurley. Libby died and she had this big mysterious story going on. Apparently she's on to be a recurring guest star in S3 to go back and tell the story of her in the asylum.

Oh, the resurrected girl's dad was the psychic claire saw.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You know, they could do what the did in Oz when Michael and Eko's characters died. In the sixth and final season they came back as voice-overs and narrators for each episode.

I thought it was awesome that they found the other hatch and completely disillusioned poor John. Eko is on his way to a major role, I can feel it. Hurley's reaction to Libby's death was pretty heartbreaking. Michael remains my favorite because I loved Oz, but I wish he would have gone about it differently than killing two good characters.

Anyone else noticed how they two killed off were the two who got arrested for DUIs (or was it DWIs) and the creators said they wouldn't be killed off for it. Ana Lucia was really done as the character, so I wasn't too upset to see her go because too long and she would have gotten stale. Libby on the other hand was on the verge of a great storyline.

If you saw the preview for next week's episode, we get a view of the others, Michael will be leading a fight on them, but admits, tearfully, that he doesn't know if Walt is alive. I also saw a glimpse of what looked liked an all out fight with the Others.

Anyone know when the season finale is? Because I can see where they are going with it fast, which can be interesting.

Top Bottom