• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost in Smash - Euden and Zethia of Dragalia Lost

You want Eudiel and Xethia and the next Smash?

• Yeah!

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • No...

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Count me in. I've been playing the game for a few hours and honestly enjoying it a lot. Going to take a while to get used to all the systems, but I think it's got promise.

Assuming it does well, Euden seems like a great candidate for DLC down the line. Plus the music is really good and I'd like some of it in Smash

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly I used to hate Mobile games. I got into Fate and enjoyed it a lot, but thats because of the brand.

I saw this during its direct, and thought, hey, this looks fun for a Mobile game. Sure it has gatcha hell but the gameplay and graphics look great.

I picked it up, got Dragon Jeanne in my first roll, and decided to keep it. Plus the fat that so far even 3 star characters seem to be able to pul their own weight and can kick all sorts of butt (Johnanna my dear you rock)

But can Euden be a good character for smash? as others have said his moveset is nothing new. Only big thing is the dragon transformation, and Corrin does that already.

Honestly the sister Zethia with the fairy working together could bring something new, but she would need to be a full healer(unless something happens later past chapter two or that thing in the prologue is used)

I could see maybe them getting an item that transforms your character into one of the dragons at random for a bit. like an old Giga bowser FS but in an item, and what you turn into is random... but I hope they put in Jeanne as an option

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I concocted a moveset for Euden, and I can only describe it as akin to Captain Ginyu in Dragon Ball FighterZ:

Playstyle: Euden is a pseudo-summoner character, calling forth allies to help him, making for an unorthodox playstyle. Each ally is different, with weapons, elements and functions to attacks. Euden’s evasiveness is above average, and is fairly middleweight with decent range and power by itself. His allies give his moveset some power too: Elisanne’s spear has some good range and has a sweet spot. Ranzal’s axe has immense power and a windbox to push away opponents. Cleo’s staff shoots bolts of darkness that are great for zoning and keeping opponents away. And finally, but not least, Luca’s arrows are fast and rack up damage easily. But they have their downsides: If Elisanne’s sweet spot isn’t landed properly, it won’t be as advantageous, similarly to Ridley’s Tail Stab. Ranzal’s axe is slow and doesn’t have that much range. Cleo’s projectiles go slowly and don’t blow opponents away that far. And Luca’s arrows are low in damage by themselves and leaves Euden open after firing. Information on the dragons will be listed far below.

Jab: Euden does a side slash before a lunge before a final downwards swipe. The downwards swipe is similar in animation to his Exalted Fire attack.

F-tilt: Euden calls on Elisanne to jab with her spear.

U-tilt: Euden swipes upwards, giving him upwards momentum.

D-tilt: Euden jumps upwards and slashes downwards. You can follow this up from U-tilt easily.

Dash Attack: Elisanne throws her spear in front of the opponent. The sweet spot isn’t as beneficial here as in f-tilt.

Grab: A simple grab.

Pummel: A knee.

F-throw: Ranzal shoulder-charges the opponent.

D-throw: Luca fires a triple arrow onto the opponent’s back.

B-throw: Cleo blasts the opponent away with a shadow bolt. The shadow bolt can go onwards and hit other opponents, similarly to Mewtwo’s F-throw.

U-throw: Elisanne uppercuts the opponent before jabbing upwards with her spear.

(NOTE: The throws will go uninterrupted even after Euden is launched, as it is his allies doing the throwing, and not Euden himself.)

N-air: A simple revolving slash.

F-air: Luca fires an arrow in front of Euden.

D-air: Ranzal smashes downwards with his axe. Has a windbox that pushes anyone.

B-air: Euden roundhouse kicks behind him.

U-air: Elisanne jabs upwards with the spear. Can be used as a good kill tool.

Side Smash: An axe swing from Ranzal.

Up Smash: A barrage of arrows from Luca. The arrows have similar gravity to Snake’s mortar.

Down Smash: Ranzal sweeps the axe around him multiple times, hitting multiple times and causing a windbox.

Neutral-B: Exalted Fire: Euden slashes downwards, using Exalted Fire. This functions similarly to Cloud’s Blade Beam, but with Fire and no access to Limit Break. The advantage this has is that it goes a shorter distance, but keeps going after hitting an opponent.

Side-B: Allies: Euden calls on an ally to use a certain ability. This is similar to the Ginyu Force in Dragon Ball FighterZ in the sense that each ally is in a specific order.

1. Elisanne: The first, using Hallowed Waters. Elisanne summons a burst of water in a set distance in front of her, similar to Palutena’s Explosive Flame, minus the multi-hit.
  2. Ranzal: The second, using Storm Wall. Ranzal creates a swirling cloud barrier around Euden, halving any damage and knockback for the next hit taken. This does not stack.
  3. Cleo: The third, using Elder Cure. Cleo will heal Euden for 25% of the damage dealt to him at that moment in that stock.
  4. Luca: The last, using Radiant Bonds. Luca will shoot a bolt of light that paralyzed on hit, leaving them open to combos.
Up-B: Blazing Circlet: Euden will charge Blazing Circlet and do a fierce revolving slash. If done in the air, it gives Euden some modest vertical recovery.

Down-B: Pact Transformation: Euden will transform into Midgardsormr, a wind dragon. The transformation is temporary. Over the course of the match, Euden will charge a meter next to his U.I. If filled halfway, this can allow him to transform. Like Cloud, if he doesn’t have sufficient charge, Euden will replenish it manually: he will summon a pact stone and shatter it, filling 25% of the max total. As Midgardsormr, all attacks have armor against less powerful moves such as Pound or Purple Pikmin Throw. By pressing A, you’ll deal a claw slash that has a powerful windbox. By pressing B, you’ll use Tornado Tail, a large sweeping tail strike that deals upwards knockback. Midgardsormr also has multiple jumps that reach considerable height. But Midgardsormr is slow, his super armor doesn’t shrug off damage, and his hurt box is enormous, leaving him susceptible to most attacks.

Final Smash: Breath of Elysium: Euden creates a burst of draconic energy. Anyone caught will be brought to a cutscene: Euden will transform into Elysium, who will unleash a powerful breath attack that deals massive damage before reverting back to Euden. Based on when Euden first transforms into Elysium at the Halidom.

Open for critique here, guys. I’m not sure if I grasped the spirit of Dragalia Lost here, but hey, A for effort, right? :)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So I concocted a moveset for Euden, and I can only describe it as akin to Captain Ginyu in Dragon Ball FighterZ:

Playstyle: Euden is a pseudo-summoner character, calling forth allies to help him, making for an unorthodox playstyle. Each ally is different, with weapons, elements and functions to attacks. Euden’s evasiveness is above average, and is fairly middleweight with decent range and power by itself. His allies give his moveset some power too: Elisanne’s spear has some good range and has a sweet spot. Ranzal’s axe has immense power and a windbox to push away opponents. Cleo’s staff shoots bolts of darkness that are great for zoning and keeping opponents away. And finally, but not least, Luca’s arrows are fast and rack up damage easily. But they have their downsides: If Elisanne’s sweet spot isn’t landed properly, it won’t be as advantageous, similarly to Ridley’s Tail Stab. Ranzal’s axe is slow and doesn’t have that much range. Cleo’s projectiles go slowly and don’t blow opponents away that far. And Luca’s arrows are low in damage by themselves and leaves Euden open after firing. Information on the dragons will be listed far below.

Jab: Euden does a side slash before a lunge before a final downwards swipe. The downwards swipe is similar in animation to his Exalted Fire attack.

D-tilt: Euden jumps upwards and slashes downwards. You can follow this up from U-tilt easily.

Dash Attack: Elisanne throws her spear in front of the opponent. The sweet spot isn’t as beneficial here as in f-tilt.

B-throw: Cleo blasts the opponent away with a shadow bolt. The shadow bolt can go onwards and hit other opponents, similarly to Mewtwo’s F-throw.

(NOTE: The throws will go uninterrupted even after Euden is launched, as it is his allies doing the throwing, and not Euden himself.)

Up Smash: A barrage of arrows from Luca. The arrows have similar gravity to Snake’s mortar.

Down Smash: Ranzal sweeps the axe around him multiple times, hitting multiple times and causing a windbox.

Neutral-B: Exalted Fire: Euden slashes downwards, using Exalted Fire. This functions similarly to Cloud’s Blade Beam, but with Fire and no access to Limit Break. The advantage this has is that it goes a shorter distance, but keeps going after hitting an opponent.

Side-B: Allies: Euden calls on an ally to use a certain ability. This is similar to the Ginyu Force in Dragon Ball FighterZ in the sense that each ally is in a specific order.

1. Elisanne: The first, using Hallowed Waters. Elisanne summons a burst of water in a set distance in front of her, similar to Palutena’s Explosive Flame, minus the multi-hit.
  2. Ranzal: The second, using Storm Wall. Ranzal creates a swirling cloud barrier around Euden, halving any damage and knockback for the next hit taken. This does not stack.
  3. Cleo: The third, using Elder Cure. Cleo will heal Euden for 25% of the damage dealt to him at that moment in that stock.
  4. Luca: The last, using Radiant Bonds. Luca will shoot a bolt of light that paralyzed on hit, leaving them open to combos.
Up-B: Blazing Circlet: Euden will charge Blazing Circlet and do a fierce revolving slash. If done in the air, it gives Euden some modest vertical recovery.

Down-B: Pact Transformation: Euden will transform into Midgardsormr, a wind dragon. The transformation is temporary. Over the course of the match, Euden will charge a meter next to his U.I. If filled halfway, this can allow him to transform. Like Cloud, if he doesn’t have sufficient charge, Euden will replenish it manually: he will summon a pact stone and shatter it, filling 25% of the max total. As Midgardsormr, all attacks have armor against less powerful moves such as Pound or Purple Pikmin Throw. By pressing A, you’ll deal a claw slash that has a powerful windbox. By pressing B, you’ll use Tornado Tail, a large sweeping tail strike that deals upwards knockback. Midgardsormr also has multiple jumps that reach considerable height. But Midgardsormr is slow, his super armor doesn’t shrug off damage, and his hurt box is enormous, leaving him susceptible to most attacks.

Final Smash: Breath of Elysium: Euden creates a burst of draconic energy. Anyone caught will be brought to a cutscene: Euden will transform into Elysium, who will unleash a powerful breath attack that deals massive damage before reverting back to Euden. Based on when Euden first transforms into Elysium at the Halidom.

Open for critique here, guys. I’m not sure if I grasped the spirit of Dragalia Lost here, but hey, A for effort, right? :)
That looks like a very Plasuable set. it reminds me of an old set I made for Cynthia from pokemon, where she fights herself with her pokemon popping out with every attack to assist. I always liked this kind of moveset, I just don't know how hard it would be for them to do.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well if my profile pic and mains are anything to go by, you can tell that I have a soft spot for dragon-like characters. So when I heard about this game, being a collaboration with Cygames, I knew it was something special.

In terms of Euden's/Zethia's chances, their best shot is DLC, probably as a promotion for Dragalia Lost, like Corrin was for Fates.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing them in Smash!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Excellent detailed moveset, I like how he actually summons the warriors to play a big part of his moveset.

Feeling like an accurate protrayal of his home game.

Also reminds me that I should play it more.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well if my profile pic and mains are anything to go by, you can tell that I have a soft spot for dragon-like characters. So when I heard about this game, being a collaboration with Cygames, I knew it was something special.

In terms of Euden's/Zethia's chances, their best shot is DLC, probably as a promotion for Dragalia Lost, like Corrin was for Fates.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing them in Smash!
corrin wasnt included for promotion

GolisoPower

Smash Master
corrin wasnt included for promotion
Well, you’re both right AND wrong.

Corrin was released 6 whole months after Fates released in Japan, which I suppose proves how right that is, but the fact that you’re also wrong stems from the fact that Fates released a little over two weeks after Corrin released. So in the U.S., that’s the case, but in Japan, that isn’t.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, you’re both right AND wrong.

Corrin was released 6 whole months after Fates released in Japan, which I suppose proves how right that is, but the fact that you’re also wrong stems from the fact that Fates released a little over two weeks after Corrin released. So in the U.S., that’s the case, but in Japan, that isn’t.
but he still wasnt included specifically for the purpose of promoting his game
theyd have used his inclusion in smash to promote fates not that he was included in smash to promote smash

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
people have saying that bout mother 3 for years
There's a difference between a Mother game that's been in Japan for over a decade and a game that's been hyped up as Nintendo's first original mobile IP.

This game coming to other countries eventually is likelier than Mother 3 ever coming out the West.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's a difference between a Mother game that's been in Japan for over a decade and a game that's been hyped up as Nintendo's first original mobile IP.

This game coming to other countries eventually is likelier than Mother 3 ever coming out the West.
in fairness that was a joke on my part

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Been playing this for the past four days.

Yeah, I’ll take a character. The game is charming.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how the game's menu music become a meme itself.

So much parodies can be found on Twitter.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So a report just came in, and it says Dragalia Lost made $16 million in its first two weeks, which is a $6.2 million more than what Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp made in its first two weeks!

Future's getting brighter for Euden's chances to be in Smash Bros in the future! :D

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
been playing this too much. Doing my dailies during the event.

Already past the point of Euden in smash, ready for full new platform fighter with Dragalia Lost characters.

Who’s maining Celliera?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So a report just came in, and it says Dragalia Lost made $16 million in its first two weeks, which is a $6.2 million more than what Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp made in its first two weeks!

Future's getting brighter for Euden's chances to be in Smash Bros in the future! :D
This is amazing news.

Doing excellent for a new IP.

Though it still needs a release in other reasons. I think localization is the reason why it's taking long for the rest of the world.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, regarding a certain part of Dragalia Lost...

What do you guys think the Castle Stories are? Maybe some interactions between the characters you manage to roll? Like, say, Edward trying to train Melody due to how similar their professions are? Or Rex and Erik bonding over living in the wild?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, regarding a certain part of Dragalia Lost...

What do you guys think the Castle Stories are? Maybe some interactions between the characters you manage to roll? Like, say, Edward trying to train Melody due to how similar their professions are? Or Rex and Erik bonding over living in the wild?
Like those stories. They are a quite welcome way of fleshing out the characters in our team, even the gacha summon ones.

Even the Dragon Tales (I had to do that reference) have that old ancient tale feel to them.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So here’s an idea for an item: Pactstones!

They basically work as a sort of transformation Assist item. Now we already have two Assist items and there are two more that people want (The Breidablik from Fire Emblem Heroes and Core Crystals from Xenoblade 2), but I feel that Pactstones can work differently: you transform into the dragon you find, each of which work differently. For example, Poli’ahu can be more physical and have a special move that freezes on hit, while Silke can fire projectiles and create large explosions at an opponent’s location. The possibilities with such an item are endless!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I haven't played the game yet, but I plan to after I get a new phone. I am all for representation in Smash Ultimate, especially if it means a collaborative event in the game. That would sell like hotcakes! Consider me a supporter!

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I just started playing the game earlier today (meant start much earlier, but meh), and I gotta say it's a heck of a lot better than I expected. Gameplay's fast and active, and I can't wait to see how the story progresses. So yeah, I'm all for Euden making his debut. I like the idea of a party mechanic, but maybe have Zethia and Notte in the background like PT?

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I just started playing the game earlier today (meant start much earlier, but meh), and I gotta say it's a heck of a lot better than I expected. Gameplay's fast and active, and I can't wait to see how the story progresses. So yeah, I'm all for Euden making his debut. I like the idea of a party mechanic, but maybe have Zethia and Notte in the background like PT?
Maybe Notte. Zethia’s kind of pushing it.

So trick or treat event is over, next up is a wind element event called kindness and captivity. But they’re running flamehowl ruins until that starts to buff fire adventurers.

So get to fire buffs, Dragalia Lost players.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I’ve thought of something:

What if Euden’s Alts are other characters from Dragalia Lost? Like say, if we’re going by my moveset, there’s one costume that has Karl replace Euden, Cibella replace Elisanne, Johanna replace Ranzal, Edward replace Cleo and Malora replace Luca? Kind of like an Olimar type situation, or like Bowser Junior.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So I’ve thought of something:

What if Euden’s Alts are other characters from Dragalia Lost? Like say, if we’re going by my moveset, there’s one costume that has Karl replace Euden, Cibella replace Elisanne, Johanna replace Ranzal, Edward replace Cleo and Malora replace Luca? Kind of like an Olimar type situation, or like Bowser Junior.
I mean that would be pretty cool because it gets more characters out.

And by the Richtor/Simon rules, also makes it easier to fill movesets because you can take numerous specials from the different characters (as well as weapon specials since all of them seem to match on weapons and elements)

-

Anyway, I admit the chances of Dragalia Lost content is slim.

I’d say honestly the best shot is Midgorsmr (I know I misspelled this) or Zodiark as a boss battle.

If they do dlc boss battles.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so, big news here: Dragalia Lost made $28M in its first month, surpassing both Super Mario Run AND Animal Crossing Pocket Camp within their first months! Dang, this game is getting successful!

It’s only a matter of time before the game makes more in its next year than Fire Emblem Heroes...>:D

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It looks like Euden might have been one the few who have survived the Spirits Massacre. I was gonna wait until the base roster was finished to join the thread, but consider me a supporter, even though this thread doesn't have a supporter list.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Dragalia Lost is a guilty Pleasure of mine, I wonder if the talks about a supposed granblue rep in smash back in 2015 is what led to the creation of this game in the first place?

My only gripe is that Euden is kinda a boring Mary sue, and he shares a lot of elements with other characters.

He's an anime swordsman
He has fire elemental sword attacks like roy
He can turn into a dragon like corrin
He totally has shulks haircut

Now Elisanne on the other hand, A water elemental spear user who can ALSO turn into a dragon? and has an actual personality? Yes please!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Dragalia Lost is a guilty Pleasure of mine, I wonder if the talks about a supposed granblue rep in smash back in 2015 is what led to the creation of this game in the first place?

My only gripe is that Euden is kinda a boring Mary sue, and he shares a lot of elements with other characters.

He's an anime swordsman
He has fire elemental sword attacks like roy
He can turn into a dragon like corrin
He totally has shulks haircut

Now Elisanne on the other hand, A water elemental spear user who can ALSO turn into a dragon? and has an actual personality? Yes please!
I had the same problems with Euden, which was why I was on the fence with him, and then all the deconfirmations happened, leaving Euden as the only one who wasn't deconfirmed or at risk of being deconfirmed, so I want him less for the character and more to 1: represent Dragalia and Mobile Gaming and 2: get someone I wanted in who wasn't Inkling (you know, the shoe-in).

I figured that pretty much everything he can do, Corrin can also do. That is, until I thought of a solution.

Why only have Euden, when you can have the entire team? This would make Euden a summoner-type character who'd call upon allies for certain attacks beyond just Midgardsormr. Examples would include (but not be limited to) a healing ability with Cleo, Smash attacks with Ranzal, Tilt attacks with Elisanne and Ranged attacks with Luca.

Bringing the whole team with him would help make Euden unique both in terms of fighting style and the roster. And also he can have a Final Smash where he calls all 4 of his teammates and they each turn into their respective dragons based on element for a cinematic attack.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
voted no, not because i have problems with dragalia content in smash, IMO the more series the merrier...

But i found this 2 particular characters so friggin boring. I would be ok with literally everyone else :/

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well... this thread is very much inactive. But I've been playing Dragalia Lost for a while now, and I still want some representation in Smash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well... this thread is very much inactive. But I've been playing Dragalia Lost for a while now, and I still want some representation in Smash.
I guess people see them as unlikely.

I don't have the game myself and I find its world and characters appealing enough for Smash.

Yes, Euden seems basic as far as heroes go. But that's the thing, his dragon transformations makes him a good fighter.

Before anyone says Corrin, they don't fight the same. Fire is Euden's element while Corrin's is water, Corrin use partial transforms as a weapon while Euden uses just his sword and saves the full transformations fwor hen he needs it, Euden isn't an avatar while Corrin is, and Euden is well respected in his own kingdom (well before things went to ****) while Corrin was torn between two families and he gains the upper hand based on his actions.

Not even remotely similar at all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
draglia lost finally came out in the uk today havent had much of chance to get started but i will

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Question to everyone: if Dragalia Lost gets a stage, what would you guys think it would be?

I personally think the Halidom would be a perfect stage, as that's pretty much your base of operations for the entire game.

Top Bottom