• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost in Smash - Euden and Zethia of Dragalia Lost

You want Eudiel and Xethia and the next Smash?

• Yeah!

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • No...

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Who are these two?:

Euden and Zethia are the two protagonists of the recently announced mobile game Dragalia Lost by Cygames, which Nintendo purchased a percentage of. Not much is known of the story at the moment, but this post will update as it goes along.

Why should they be in?:

Nintendo already has a few mobile games out now: Super Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. But this one in particular is special because this is an original IP by Cygames and by extension Nintendo. They could be perfect to represent the mobile games.

What makes them unique?:

Now some of you out there might see an amalgamation of Zelda, Link and Corrin with a hint of Ice Climbers here, but from the gameplay, they can be extremely unique! The combat system of that game might not look special to some of you out there, but in a game like Smash, I see potential, being able to transform into dragons at a more grand scale than Corrin not to mention that their being a party can add a little extra, too.

What do they have going against them?:

Now Euden and Zethia both suffer from the exact same thing the Inklings did during the SSB4 era: they’re too new. They need time to settle in with the Nintendo and Smash communities, and that could pose a problem for them in the new Smash.

So lemme ask: do you want these two in Smash, either as part of the base roster or as DLC, or no?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One might want to fix the images since they appear to be broken.

Their best shot would be DLC. I wouldn't mind them.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn`t mind having them in smash switch as DLC mostly because i like their designs and that xethia is beautiful.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now THIS is a game that would get me back into mobile gaming.

I wouldn't mind the protagonists as DLC, though I fear the main hero may be too similar to Corrin with the dragon transformation and all.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think that if a character from Dragalia Lost is getting in. It’s gonna be just Eudiel (whoever the protagonist).

We really don’t know how the game plays like. And seeing how it was a pretty minor announcement I expect him to come in DLC when Dragalia Lost becomes much bigger.

But I still support anyways. The dragon changing mechanic could be interesting.

(Or he could be a Corrin clone :troll:.)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm surprised no one's talking about this.

The Direct will start in 5 hours from now.

Perhaps we will see more of how the protagonists' of that game will fight.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Not happening in base game...heck, i suspect that this game wasn't even a project in 2016.
as if want or not want? i literally know nothing of this so i cant really say. a direct though seems like they really are pushing it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, I just finished watching the Direct, and lemme tell ya, there’s a lot of potential for a moveset here. The new Overdrive/Break System could be certainly unique to Eudiel and Xethia, and you know what? I don’t think Eudiel and Xethia should be alone here. Frankly, I’m starting to think maybe we could squeeze two more characters into a potential slot to reflect the gameplay of Dragalia Lost, each representing the roles shown!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So, I just finished watching the Direct, and lemme tell ya, there’s a lot of potential for a moveset here. The new Overdrive/Break System could be certainly unique to Eudiel and Xethia, and you know what? I don’t think Eudiel and Xethia should be alone here. Frankly, I’m starting to think maybe we could squeeze two more characters into a potential slot to reflect the gameplay of Dragalia Lost, each representing the roles shown!
So a party of four characters than using those two?

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

I haven't watched the direct yet, but I think it would be cool to have a 'party' type character.
I've recently been thinking of a similar thing for Octopath representation - having all 8 characters change between each other to perform certain moves, since you can't just pick one character from that game.

I'm not sure if the Switch could handle that kind of thing, especially if you end up with 8 players picking the same 'party' fighter, but it's definitely a cool concept for a character.

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I support these two! Funny thing was I was gonna post up a character from this awesome looking RPG game by Nintendo but as I found this, I couldn't resist checking this out. Come on, Sakurai! Pick these two characters up already! :)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Scott does have a point.

As unique as the idea is, it could be overcomplicated by Smash standards and hard to handle.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Now THIS is a game that would get me back into mobile gaming.

I wouldn't mind the protagonists as DLC, though I fear the main hero may be too similar to Corrin with the dragon transformation and all.
Honestly the dragon transformation protagonist is a surprisingly common character I would be cool with him if he could be different.
EDIT:I am happy FEH made Nintendo interested in mobile markets.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well after not realizing this thread already exists after making one of my own like a doofus, count me in for support lol. I think this character could be manageable by Smash standards very easily. You would just have to think creatively. Wouldn't be too hard to make him a swordsmen that could shift into a Bowser / Charizard / Ridley tier heavyweight. It'd be very intriguing to see.

However, I don't see an Ice Climbers type of gimmick working out for this character. There are many RPG protags in Smash who don't use the party gimmick as is, so its no stretch to believe that Eudiel would operate on his own.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Count me in as a supporter, I think he'd make a great DLC character. Not so sure about that part gimmick though, it sounds like it'd be a bit rough.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well after not realizing this thread already exists after making one of my own like a doofus, count me in for support lol. I think this character could be manageable by Smash standards very easily. You would just have to think creatively. Wouldn't be too hard to make him a swordsmen that could shift into a Bowser / Charizard / Ridley tier heavyweight. It'd be very intriguing to see.

However, I don't see an Ice Climbers type of gimmick working out for this character. There are many RPG protags in Smash who don't use the party gimmick as is, so its no stretch to believe that Eudiel would operate on his own.
I feel more or less the same.

It would take a lot of coding and ambition to pull it off. Maybe a summoning mechanic can work.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I feel more or less the same.

It would take a lot of coding and ambition to pull it off. Maybe a summoning mechanic can work.
Its interesting to say the least. But the party gimmick I feel is absolutely an unimportant factor to the character him/herself. I mean, I like the characters in this game already. So depending on how they look at it, Eudiel may not even be the character they pull. Given the nature of gatcha type games, they very well could just end up picking the most popular character altogether.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I went ahead and did a stock support icon for Eudiel for anyone who wants to use it.
Eudiel Stock Small.png

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Sure. Count me in. I'd like to have one of them because they would represent Nintendo Mobile department, which is growing and growing.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sure. Count me in. I'd like to have one of them because they would represent Nintendo Mobile department, which is growing and growing.
This tbh. Its something a lot of people sleep on. The mobile department has done nothing but surprise me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This tbh. Its something a lot of people sleep on. The mobile department has done nothing but surprise me.
And in Dragalia Lost's defense, at least it offers a character more than Super Mario Run and Pokemon Go.

I also feel the FEH OC's are vey unlikely.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
And in Dragalia Lost's defense, at least it offers a character more than Super Mario Run and Pokemon Go.

I also feel the FEH OC's are vey unlikely.
I mean I totally agree. That was my argument for them in the first place. They are the first unique mobile Nintendo characters.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I mean I totally agree. That was my argument for them in the first place. They are the first unique mobile Nintendo characters.
That’s right. These dragon knights were made for Smash. I unironically want them to fight Corrin. See who’s the better one.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's all more proof that these characters are easily first party despite CyGames' involvement in it.

Not that I had any doubts.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's all more proof that these characters are easily first party despite CyGames' involvement in it.

Not that I had any doubts.
If you look at Cygames, it turns out that Nintendo owns 5% of the company. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygames

It looks as though Cygames helped Nintendo in the Mobile Game sense. Getting games to work on mobile and what not.

The main issue I see popping up is who represents Dragalia Lost in Smash. Of course the main character is who comes first, but it may be more fitting to put the most popular character in the game to show the series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If you look at Cygames, it turns out that Nintendo owns 5% of the company. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygames

It looks as though Cygames helped Nintendo in the Mobile Game sense. Getting games to work on mobile and what not.

The main issue I see popping up is who represents Dragalia Lost in Smash. Of course the main character is who comes first, but it may be more fitting to put the most popular character in the game to show the series.
I see. Then they've got the right partners to help with mobile games.

And who knows, we could have to wait long until we see a sort of FEH style ballot for this game to see who is really the most popular.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I see. Then they've got the right partners to help with mobile games.

And who knows, we could have to wait long until we see a sort of FEH style ballot for this game to see who is really the most popular.
After giving the trailer a second look, it seems like Online Multiplayer will make or break the game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After giving the trailer a second look, it seems like Online Multiplayer will make or break the game.
We will see.

If the game bombs, then it's a failure and a DL character is just as unlikely as Wonder Red.

If it's a big success, even then we will see if Sakuai would want to promote it with a character in the near future.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We will see.

If the game bombs, then it's a failure and a DL character is just as unlikely as Wonder Red.

If it's a big success, even then we will see if Sakuai would want to promote it with a character in the near future.
Yeah. I am hoping the game does well; however, if it does I see the duo more along the lines of Assist Trophies. That is unless Sakurai takes the advertisement route like he did with Roy and Corrin.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I just played a bit of the game, and I gotta say, it’s pretty fun! The controls were a little difficult at first, but I think I’m getting the hang of it.

Oh, and DL was downloaded 2 million times before service went up. So that shoots up their chances.

EDIT: Just edited the names of the characters in the OP, as I just discovered that the protagonist’s localized name is Euden.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I just played a bit of the game, and I gotta say, it’s pretty fun! The controls were a little difficult at first, but I think I’m getting the hang of it.

Oh, and DL was downloaded 2 million times before service went up. So that shoots up their chances.

EDIT: Just edited the names of the characters in the OP, as I just discovered that the protagonist’s localized name is Euden.
This is good news.

Now I really wonder how this game will far compared to FEH moving forward. Those download times are looking promising.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Well, I've actually been playing this game for a little while, and it's unquestionable that Euden is the capital-M Main Character. His sister Zethia and their fairy companion Notte also exist but it's clear that it's Euden's story.

Euden himself doesn't really have that much of a moveset. He uses a sword, but nothing particularly fancy about it (not like, say... FF15 Noctis). Most of his skills look like Link's or Marth's. His big interesting trick would be transforming into a Dragon, the Legendary Windwyrm, Midgardsormr. If the Smash team went all-in and made him a limit-break-based transforming character, there's definitely room for a unique playstyle (even if all of the moves are pretty generic, playing around him building strength to transform would be pretty interesting).

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in a hypothetical Smash 6, but he's not unique enough to warrant rushed DLC status no matter how popular he or his game gets.

...but hey, start the campaign now!

Top Bottom