• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Smashers in the Riverside area!

Knivez

Smash Ace
Umm sam, me and keith might go tomorrow.
but what time is this gonna be starting?

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
Umm sam, me and keith might go tomorrow.
but what time is this gonna be starting?
Imma say 12:30. Originally I said noon, but i might need more time to set up and stuff. Looks like there's gonna be more people than I first expected. :dizzy:

I' m down for some MvC2, I'm trying to get better at it. What system are you playing it on?
Hopefully the PS2 version. I don't know if don is bringing a copy or what, cause I dont have my PS2 version right now.
I'll bring a cube.
Thanks alot, Nate. That would help greatly. :)

kaiZen

Smash Cadet
smash fest in moreno valley? even though I don't know anyone, i'd want to come.. i'm from corona =(

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
Exactly how many people are coming now?
not sure about the exact number, but it should around 25. That's a pretty good sized smashfest tho.

BTW, bring money so we can all pitch in for pizza. The more peeps that do, the cheaper it will be. It could even be as low as 3 bucks a person for half of an entire pizza :grin: . I got drinks, but im not sure how long their gonna last with 25 peeps comming. :ohwell:

kaiZen: if you wanna come on a SUPER short notice, you can. :laugh:

Thanks again for everyone that is bringing a cube, we met our goal of 7 and have an extra one, just in case.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
25 people? You might as well make it a tournament. LOL. Is that a possibility? (Crosses fingers and prays he says yes)

He said from Kitching St. turn on Lurin Ave. (Left or right?) and then Left on Century Street.

16778 Century Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92551

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I'll also bring a TV + cube. (Crosses fingers again and says another prayer)

Low-tier? (Crosses toes now and now says a prayer to Buddha, Allah, Zeus, and Mario just in case)

Maybe we can do a practice crew battle for SBC vs. RSC (Rubs rabbit food, knocks on wood, makes a wish on a shooting star, and eats a bowl of Lucky Charms)

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
I'll also bring a TV + cube. (Crosses fingers again and says another prayer)

Low-tier? (Crosses toes now and now says a prayer to Buddha, Allah, Zeus, and Mario just in case)

Maybe we can do a practice crew battle for SBC vs. RSC (Rubs rabbit food, knocks on wood, makes a wish on a shooting star, and eats a bowl of Lucky Charms)
Practice crew battles =)

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Good stuff today, it was nice meeting all the RC smashers, and all the people that are going to UCR :p

Sorry we didnt get too far in teams Thomas >.<

Nate, your Kirby is hella awesome.

Fabian- I'll practice my Shiek and lets do another MM at San Bernandino :p

Alan- Owned in singles >.<

Sam- Wow, your house is huge. Thanks for hosting the smashfest/tourney.

Sams dog- You're pretty vicious o.0

Don- Nice meeting you. Glad to know theres another hardcore puff player at UCR (besides Luigi)

Luigi- When did you start playing puff? o.0

I think thats all, hope to see you again sometime.

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
OMG, wow. That was some insaaaaaane smashing. It was sooo cool of everyone to come.

OMG alan/keith: TEEEAAAAAMS WAS CRAAAZY, GREAT FOX FOR TOP TIER!!!1!!111 btw, i hope you wern't too late for that party thingy, keith. :dizzy:

Luigi for MVP, steamrolled his way through losers

And yes.... Nate does have a hella sexy kirby. Which reminds me.... For the next tourny/smashfest, overly sexy kirbys will be permanently banned from competition due to their obvious brokeness. JK, nate :chuckle:

Special Thanks to:

Chris (Modus) for comming Super-early to help set up and stuff. You are an okay guy in my book :bigthumbu

Thomas for his cube/TV combo

Don and the Lunchable bunch: Wow 3 TV's/ 2 cubes :eek:

Randall and Chris for their cube

Jake for his copy of Marvel that was never played :laugh:

RESULTS!!!!!!!:

Super Smash Brothers Melee
8/12/2006
32-man bracket

1 Alan - Split winnings
1 Keith -Split winnings
3 Luigi
4 Nate
5 Josh
5 Thomas
7 Ham
7 Sam
9 Chris - Modus
9 Yomz
9 Don
9 Fabian
13 Edwin
13 Miles
13 Chuuk
13 Jake
17 Rudy
17 late guy
17 Bye
17 Ray
17 Randall
17 Erwin
17 Ajax
17 Chris
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye
25 Bye

Teams:
1 "Awsome Possum" Keith/Alan
2 "Team Destructo" Don/Sam
3 "That Shiz ain't Ballin'" Luigi/Fabian lol fabian, I hope I got ur team name right,. I could hardly hear you :p
4 "Team Insano" Josh/Ajax
5 "Too Much Trouble" Jake/thomas
5 "Sparkle Motion" Chris/Nate
7"Team Badunk a' Dunk" Rudy/Yomz
7 "Team Blackies" Miles/Chris
9 Bye
9 "Team Triforce" Ray/Randall
9 Bye
9 "Team Lunchables" Chuuk/Ham :ohwell:
13 Bye
13 Bye
13 Bye
13 Bye

ModusOperandi

Smash Cadet
hey thanks to you (sam) and your parents/family for having such a great event, and I had a blast. Sam's parents were incredibly good hosts and people. If they saw someone standing they'd go grab a chair and if people were thirsty they stocked the cooler. Everyone at the event I played and or talked to was very helpful with any questions i had and gave good comprehensive advice that I will keep in mind.

Special thanks to Nate for being my teammate in twos, the Kirby+Samus Cannibalism strategy=free win. haha. I had no intention of playing 2v2 upon going there but Sparkle Motion turned out okay; despite the fact that I became a spectator at the end more than once. Thanks to all that played me and could tolerate my smash inability to give me some much needed practice.

Hopefully there will be a "next time", and that I will make an individual showing.

and last but not least, thanks for the invite.

-Chris 'operandi' (haha, that name on the brackets made me laugh) **very rough translation 'Operation Chris'**

araknophobik

Smash Master
lol yeah same you got the name right
that was a close set in teams, i scrude up with that fsmash that killed luigi though :/ after that it was all down hill

you got a great home and a sick fox, that was a close set we had. Sorry for the delay i had surgery on thursday and i've been feeling really sick cuz of the medecine, but i still had a good turn out by getting 9th :) plus i lost to you and nate, which i might add has a disgusting kirby. waaayyy too dangerous. I should've pulled out my pichu like i did in friendly's, the only way to beat a crazy low-tier is with another crazy low-tier

jtb-great tourny match, and yeah practice it up more and we'll have another MM against my fox.

thomas-good friendly's, i didn't win but all of our matches were close :/ good thing you were sober today or i think i would've won. and insane team matches, i can't believe that upset where luigi caught you with the usmash ftw

who was the guy who was making jokes in the "dog's room" while watching tenis? lol that **** was hilarious, too funny.

luigi-****ing hacker. we all knew keith was gonna tech that way, and instead of winning with the usmash you did a dash attack :/ no kudos

dr. d00m

Smash Cadet
Don- Nice meeting you. Glad to know theres another hardcore puff player at UCR (besides Luigi)
Actually JTB, I just started using the Jiggaman about a couple of weeks ago. So i wouldn't really consider myself a hardcore puff kinda guy. I just use what I feel like for that day.

Come to think of it, I don't know who my main is anymore. :dizzy:

Ray - Nice banner. Make it look a little more authentic though. It looks like a Paper Mario type deal.

Sam - Good shizzle. The fests just keep getting better and better. Maybe we should use the cam/vcrs next time though. We're 1-3 when it comes to using the cam/vcr.:chuckle:

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Actually JTB, I just started using the Jiggaman about a couple of weeks ago. So i wouldn't really consider myself a hardcore puff kinda guy. I just use what I feel like for that day.
Even so, you were doing a pretty good job in the matches you played puff in, and the jiggs ditto we had was fun. You should keep using her, you got alot of her stuff already down.

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
Even so, you were doing a pretty good job in the matches you played puff in, and the jiggs ditto we had was fun. You should keep using her, you got alot of her stuff already down.
Ya don, especially in teams. There was an awful lot of resting going on. And... OMG HOW MANY ROLLOUTS DID YOU LAND?!?!?!? rofl, it had to have been at least 10?!?!?!? Those roll out mindgames pwn. You just gotta get more aggressive when ledgegaurding:mad:

ModusOperandi

Smash Cadet
i live in palm springs, which is close to riverside
I live in Palm Desert, I'll be leaving for college in Redlands on the 30th but if you would like to smash before then let me know, I can pick you up or drive over if need be. If you have friends that play that's cool too :). I play samus but im slowly working my way around to try out the other characters, so if you don't like playing samus I can try and cater to that haha. In other words: IM DESPERATE FOR PEOPLE TO PLAY.

I'll drop you a private message with some contact info, but just in case you see this first my AIM= Eye Kill Cereal

There are a few others around the valley that play, but they are nearly impossible to get to play, hehe.

enigma786

Smash Cadet
if anyone knows of local tournaments or just want to ge together for some smash please let me know, ive noticed there alot of smashers in riverside area alone it would be great to play with u all, thanks

NAZN HNR

Smash Cadet
HIT ME UP!
I live between lake elsinore and corona on the 15...
message me anyone.. around me...
or if you live near OCC... which is Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa...
contact me!
aim: xvietxmmxx

Top Bottom