• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Smashboards Writers

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The recently rolled out front page news portal is in need of writers! The news portal is viewed by thousands of people every single day and offers the chance to show off different aspects of the community, talk about controversial subjects, tournaments, livestreams, news, the different Smash games, etc. There is so much content out there that Smashboards needs writers! This is a great chance to help both the site and gain exposure for your craft or for specific subjects that may interest you.

We are looking for people to join the writing team and who may be interested in covering any of the following content:
  • Smash 64 Writer
  • Smash Melee Writer
  • Smash Brawl Writer
  • Project M Writer
  • Smash Wii U & 3DS Writer
  • Tournament Coverage Writer (any game) - results and listings oriented
  • Smash news (any game)
  • Nintendo news (any game)
This is currently an unpaid position but does offer a great opportunity to polish your craft, make a name for yourself in the eSports world, and add to your personal resume. We'll also be establishing a widget to highlight writers Twitter accounts, among other promotional opportunities. If you are at all interested in helping grow the news portal, Smashboards, and to have the opportunity to write to a large audience about things you care about, start a personal conversation with @ AlphaZealot AlphaZealot with the title "Smashboards Writer". Please list any experience you may have, what your field of interest is, and any other reasons to be considered for the position.

Smashboards is the largest community of players and fans of the Super Smash Brothers series. Established in 2000, the site boasts over 130,000 members and over 14,000,000 posts. The hub of the Super Smash Brothers community, fans make thousands of posts daily, discussing everything from Smash news to Smash tournaments. The site has grown tremendously over the years, most recently launching a news portal and a ranking system to catalogue Smash tournament results. Visit www.smashboards.com to join the Smash community today. Smashboards is a property of Xyelot LLC.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Sounds kinda cool.

I was actually planning on looking into writings for sites like WhatCulture and the like, and I do need to get back to industry discussion on Extra Credits' website, but considering I'm planning a weekly Smash series of tournaments in my area I guess I can try looking into contributing whenever I wanna blow off steam.

Just be warned, I am still a little green in some areas of Smash's history, so much studies to do, yes.....

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Just applied on a whim. I really need some writing experience on my resume! We'll see what happens.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Sounds like a great opportunity for any fan of writing and Smash. Even if I'm not among the chosen, it'll be cool to see more news popping up here.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
When I saw the words 'news portal' and 'writers', I immediately assumed software engineers, which got me excited. "Maybe I can help", I thought. And then....I read further and saw it was for journalists and I still felt good about it.

Even though I am no writer, I think this is REALLY good for the community and an amazing opportunity for a degree seeking writer who loves video games (smash in particular).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just applied for a Nintendo News writer. I really hope I can help.

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I have some experience in writing. I applied for the SSBU/3DS position. I really want to help out this site with all that I possibly can!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Applied! I want to help out (though I don't have much news reporting experience).

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I applied too, I'd love to help and write about the company and games I love.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Thanks but no thanks. I'm a video guy, not a journalist. I'm sure that there are more qualified people out there that can use this position more than I can.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm certainly interested in smash 3DS and Nintendo, I'll try it, but I doubt I'll get anything.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I would love to write for SmashBoards, but my english and grammar still need some polish, I did wrote and put news for a specific blog of video games and would love to write again so maybe I should apply?
.n_n.

Last edited:

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
This sounds really cool! I'd like to do it, but I'm not really qualified. But that hasn't stopped me before, and it won't stop me now!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE

Last edited:

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, I love writing and I'm terrific at forming sentences. My only hiccup is that I only know a handful of Smash knowledge, but Smash 4 news sounds like it would be something I'm viable for.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Man, I wish I was good enough for this. I'm excited to see all the new writers!

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
I consider myself a not-bad-at-all writer, but my knowledge of Smash is relatively underdeveloped. I only got more serious about it a few weeks ago, and the my Smash history literally is all from the documentary (which was awesome, by the way) and YouTube. :p Maybe sometime in the future!

Top Bottom