• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lookin for pro DK players

Kai_Blade17

Smash Rookie
Yeah well, ive been workin on Donkey Kong for a wile and wanted to test my skill on another Donkey Kong Player so anyone wanna brawl? 2449-4511-9898. Pm yours or post on this topic.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
me, cyphus, 7734, axelol, and bigfoot and probably some of the best players

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Ill take you on... I forgot to post on the other thread but i wouldn't mind playing against 7734 and some of the other "Best DK players".

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey JMEX, let's play right now. I'll decide if your judgement prescedes your abilities ^.^

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
The best DK player I assume. More of a community decision. I just talk **** because it's the internet XD

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
The best DK player I assume. More of a community decision. I just talk **** because it's the internet XD
Hey... Sorry, i was at work, and i had to go home. But i dont mind playing you tonight? If you dont mind? I should be home around 8pm my time... SO yea

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Nobody's the best the DK, prolly just bum (idk if he plays brawl anyways). But there are a few really good DKs here on the boards. I'll play you guys. Just PM me or AIM me, my AIM is hellsing766. An challenge is welcomed. Please be good too, I've been looking for a challenge.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Bum does not play Brawl, as far as the Calinians have informed me. (californians) (And yes, I know he lives in NY)

Anyways, yeah Jmex, we'll be on tonight at 8 central time.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Alright, can people please stop assuming that the people who were good at Melee are a priori the best at Brawl? It's annoying enough to see people who do nothing but suck the everliving d*ck of everyone who they've seen an online video of (in most cases, the people don't even know the reasons why they're good at all). That's bad enough, but the statement "BUM IS THE BEST GUYZ IF HE EVEN PLAYS BRAWL LOL" is unbelievably dumb. Maybe if you saw one video of him you could make that statement without sounding like a *******.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Alright, can people please stop assuming that the people who were good at Melee are a priori the best at Brawl? It's annoying enough to see people who do nothing but suck the everliving d*ck of everyone who they've seen an online video of (in most cases, the people don't even know the reasons why they're good at all). That's bad enough, but the statement "BUM IS THE BEST GUYZ IF HE EVEN PLAYS BRAWL LOL" is unbelievably dumb. Maybe if you saw one video of him you could make that statement without sounding like a *******.
Exactly. Just because someone was good at melee dosent mean there going to be good at Brawl. I mean, take Ken for example. He was a beast and arguably "The Best" at melee, now he sucks from what i know. He played at the Nintendo tourney around the time Brawl came out and now he hasent even been seen at any tourneys, let alone playing the game anymore.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace

You sound like HugS.

ATTENTION!!!! YOU ALL SUCK AT BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!1111ONE!!!!!!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Bum does not play Brawl, as far as the Calinians have informed me. (californians) (And yes, I know he lives in NY)

Anyways, yeah Jmex, we'll be on tonight at 8 central time.
Yo, Since you live in Texas (or im guessing since 7743 lives there) your two hours ahead of me. That being said, i guess ill play you 8pm my time, and 10 pm your time... Cross fingers for minimal lag

veritron

Smash Cadet
If any of you are east coast IM veritron. I think my Donkey Kong is pretty good but I'd like to see a great one.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
You sound like HugS.

ATTENTION!!!! YOU ALL SUCK AT BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!1111ONE!!!!!!
1) That's not what I said at all... I said the best at Melee =/= the best at Brawl at all, and people on Smashboards need to get off the nuts of Smash 'ecelebrities.' Please read carefully (or read at all) before you make inane posts.

2) Did you even realize as you posted that how much of a f*g you sound like? You're exactly the kind of person that I'm talking about; you don't actually post anything of worth. You just follow around 'big names' blindly without reason, and I'm 100% positive people other than hugs have come up with that same point. Take Gimpyfish/Ken/Isai/Bum/etc's collective wangs out of your mouth so you get get some of the air out of your head. Think for yourself.

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Um, hey guys, I didn't really want to sign up but I wanted to correct some misconceptions that seem to be going around the DK forums:

1. Bum most definitely plays Brawl.
2. He most definitely plays DK.
3. He most definitely is an incredible DK.
4. He is generally agreed by the NY scene to be the best-performing Brawl player in NY, period.
5. (and he still does pretty ****ing well in Melee, too).

So... yeah. He is the best DK. No one here is likely to be better than he is, when he's beating people like PC Chris, Wes and Jman, as well as everyone else who lives there or comes to New York. I think he's either gotten first or tied for first at literally every single NY regional tournament (which aren't included in the character rankings list by the way, because Bum [who runs the tournaments] makes it hard to find the tournament results, but if they were DK would be a LOT higher up). All this is from easy-to-find information in the NY Smash Weeklies regional thread, which you should all consider reading before making statements about who is and is not playing Brawl.

You all can argue about how Melee pros aren't really pros until you're blue in the mouth, which is fine and I encourage y'all to come to tournaments and prove your points, but until then Bum > you. You would have all found out all this as soon as some national tournaments came around anyway, but I figured it was best to inform you now, because I'm tired of seeing this kind of post on the DK boards. That's all! Now, back to not posting.

Edit: Oh, one more thing, although there's not really any footage of his DK (the NY weeklies aren't usually recorded, IIRC, and the only person who ever did, HollaAtchaBoy, just moved to Connecticut), here's some recent footage of his mad mindgames with Ganon. Now imagine him with a GOOD character like DK. :lick:

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
WOW! Good****. Thx for clearing that up iso. Bum > us DK players. I wonder if he ever beat tetra? Anyone wanna brawl?

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Um, hey guys, I didn't really want to sign up but I wanted to correct some misconceptions that seem to be going around the DK forums:

1. Bum most definitely plays Brawl.
2. He most definitely plays DK.
3. He most definitely is an incredible DK.
4. He is generally agreed by the NY scene to be the best-performing Brawl player in NY, period.
5. (and he still does pretty ****ing well in Melee, too).

So... yeah. He is the best DK. No one here is likely to be better than he is, when he's beating people like PC Chris, Wes and Jman, as well as everyone else who lives there or comes to New York. I think he's either gotten first or tied for first at literally every single NY regional tournament (which aren't included in the character rankings list by the way, because Bum [who runs the tournaments] makes it hard to find the tournament results, but if they were DK would be a LOT higher up). All this is from easy-to-find information in the NY Smash Weeklies regional thread, which you should all consider reading before making statements about who is and is not playing Brawl.

You all can argue about how Melee pros aren't really pros until you're blue in the mouth, which is fine and I encourage y'all to come to tournaments and prove your points, but until then Bum > you. You would have all found out all this as soon as some national tournaments came around anyway, but I figured it was best to inform you now, because I'm tired of seeing this kind of post on the DK boards. That's all! Now, back to not posting.

Edit: Oh, one more thing, although there's not really any footage of his DK (the NY weeklies aren't usually recorded, IIRC, and the only person who ever did, HollaAtchaBoy, just moved to Connecticut), here's some recent footage of his mad mindgames with Ganon. Now imagine him with a GOOD character like DK. :lick:
You can misinterperet my posts as much as you want.

AT NO POINT did I say that:
a) Bum was bad
b) Bum doesn't play brawl
c) Bum doesn't have the best DK.

I said it's absolutely ludicrous to pass someone off as the 'best' of something with absolutely no proof other than their 'eceleb' status. The person admitted that HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW BUM PLAYED BRAWL and then had the audacity to state that he was the best. Look, I'm sure Bum is a great DK player and might be one of the best. But I'm not going to make that judgment unless I have a good understanding of a) Bum's skill level and b) the skill level of other DK players, and for that I need proof.

Stop making assumptions please =)

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
You can misinterperet my posts as much as you want.

AT NO POINT did I say that:
a) Bum was bad
b) Bum doesn't play brawl
c) Bum doesn't have the best DK.

I said it's absolutely ludicrous to pass someone off as the 'best' of something with absolutely no proof other than their 'eceleb' status. The person admitted that HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW BUM PLAYED BRAWL and then had the audacity to state that he was the best. Look, I'm sure Bum is a great DK player and might be one of the best. But I'm not going to make that judgment unless I have a good understanding of a) Bum's skill level and b) the skill level of other DK players, and for that I need proof.

Stop making assumptions please =)
I wasn't mostly talking about you though, I was just trying to clear things up since it seemed like a lot of people thought Bum was out of the Brawl scene when he's actually dominating it with DK. Sorry for the confusion!

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, best dk's i've seen by area

east coast
bum
riot
linguini

midwest
ripple
kyle wattula
??? (haven't seen many midwest)

Pac west
CBK
Jmex
Me

in no particular order

P.S. 7734, i'm going to be in texas from the 8th to the 15th, if there are any tournaments there i'll play you in person (theres one in garland on the 9th i think)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
yeah, best dk's i've seen by area

east coast
bum
riot
linguini

midwest
ripple
kyle wattula
??? (haven't seen many midwest)

Pac west
CBK
Jmex
Me

in no particular order

P.S. 7734, i'm going to be in texas from the 8th to the 15th, if there are any tournaments there i'll play you in person (theres one in garland on the 9th i think)
Aww i feel special :)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
7734 doesn't check this thread, but he'll be on vacation in Florida starting this thursday.

And also. I don't care how good anyone is at this game, Jumpman doesn't live in NY as far as I know.

Also, Cyphus is the best DK to date, he can beat the best players in the nation. Take him into consideration.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
what part of NY is burn from? and what "scene" is being refered too!?!?!?!?!?

in any event, i'm looking to add more DK players to my friend list to advance my game. anyone interested in training with me? the aim is leprechaun drunk and my fc is under my icon.

Linguini

Smash Master
7734 doesn't check this thread, but he'll be on vacation in Florida starting this thursday.

And also. I don't care how good anyone is at this game, Jumpman doesn't live in NY as far as I know.

Also, Cyphus is the best DK to date, he can beat the best players in the nation. Take him into consideration.
where in FL is he going?
I live in FL and I wouldnt mind getting in some brawl with another dk.

The only way to decide who's the best DK is to look at tournament placings(50 man +) with good players attending the tournament.
Not online friendlies.
I know BUM is the best DK at the moment,he wins almost every tournament he goes to.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
where in FL is he going?
I live in FL and I wouldnt mind getting in some brawl with another dk.

The only way to decide who's the best DK is to look at tournament placings(50 man +) with good players attending the tournament.
Not online friendlies.
I know BUM is the best DK at the moment,he wins almost every tournament he goes to.
Hey Linguini, I think I played your Melee Ganon in tourney (and lost...)

He's going to Denton, close to Jacksonville. I'll actually be moving to Orlando, it'd be cool to fit in a couple matches sometime ^.^

And have there been any Brawl tourneys for 50 man + yet? I know FAST is coming up, and my whole crew is attending that.

EDIT:: Deston is actually 5 hours from Jacksonville. It's south, and in the Panhandle tho.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
cyphus is not the best, he and I are quite even

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Hey linguini, I'll be at deerfield on the 11th through the 16th. And i'll have a car, so maybe we can dk ditto? Melee or brawl

Linguini

Smash Master
Hey linguini, I'll be at deerfield on the 11th through the 16th. And i'll have a car, so maybe we can dk ditto? Melee or brawl
Yeah ill play you in brawl, I only play teams in brawl cuz singles is boring but since your oos i wont mind.
my aim is otrichfreak102 get at me

Linguini

Smash Master
Nevermind,I didn't quit brawl I came up with alot of DK techniques and it's fun again.
hoho,let me know when your here or w/e at my aim: ostrichfreak102

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
cyphus is not the best, he and I are quite even
Sorry Ripple. You are good, I won't lie. But Cyphus is alot better then you.

Of course this is just through Wi Fi, can't deny that the story is opposite of eachother in person. But as far as DK vs. Peach, he had that matchup down. And DK dittos he pwned 7734 to.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
I wanna play a pro donkey.

If you're good and really believe in your skill, come beat my a$$

PM me

Top Bottom