• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I dunno, I don't think we will get Top 3 in Brawl, and I don't expect to get better at Brawl because I don't aim to get better like you do lol...

I think it's a waste of time and just sabotaging our Melee performance, if we're losing against 2 M&M Gamers, we're definitely not gonna place Top 3 when the Best Brawlers from around the UK come together.

You can team with someone in Brawl but I will be sticking to Melee and warming up properly so my perfomance is on point that day...and im going to moan at you all day like you 100% of the time moan at me when I do 1 mistake but do 7 things right if you're performing bad lol

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Yo Sol, were you the guy from the expo yesterday? This is Willz, you weren't that bad man, keep training and I see you becoming a high level player :)
Best come to this tourney dude :)

And who's going to be TO'ing the Brawl side of this tourney? I can help with everything cuz I know like every player and host tournaments and get **** done pretty quick :)

:phone:
Yeah, I was 8) And thanks, yeah I do need to keep training and of course i'm going to come, it's not even that far from me lol.
And about the lower tier brackets, sounds like a good idea, it would defo get more people on. I would probably enter both amateur and high brackets if possible and see how it goes. (though if I keep playing I would be above that bracket and probably just troll them out of wins)

@Pro, haha oic. Well, I dunno, maybe he wants to get better at brawl as well. I know you don't care about brawl as much as melee but still.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
There's no tension lol.

Dujuan is just being a waste and for some reason has some strong passion to play Brawl.
P!ss take...

I would like to play all games at our own event... Obviously I'm gonna be focusing more on melee.

I dont feel like my tech skill is ruined once I play brawl... It's just like playing a completly different game. Seeing as I play a character that was never in melee in the first place.

Any way loser boy what you doing tomorrow evening? Melee round mine?

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
He can play Brawl as much as he wants, but im not playing it lol.

And im just saying im gonna be very annoyed if him playing Brawl sabotages our Melee Performance because I genuienly want to win Both Singles and Doubles...

THIS IS WHY IM NOT ENTERING BRAWL DOUBLES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVN5LQZrnvI
That's why you're sticking to marth so you don't mess up your feel of melee ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
P!ss take...

I would like to play all games at our own event... Obviously I'm gonna be focusing more on melee.

I dont feel like my tech skill is ruined once I play brawl... It's just like playing a completly different game. Seeing as I play a character that was never in melee in the first place.

Any way loser boy what you doing tomorrow evening? Melee round mine?
It's not just about tech skill, it's also about warming up to the game and the mechanics and everything that Melee has different from Brawl.

Im sorry but playing EVERY event will affect your Melee, because the physics will interrupt it or you wont be warmed up fully on melee or both....either way, I want to win Melee Doubles lol.

And I dunno, I will prob come around your house in that case...see if you can get a few others as well unless you want it just to be me.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That's why you're sticking to marth so you don't mess up your feel of melee ;)
Exactly, I dont actually play anyonelse as you know and as I have said loads of times, it's cos he feels the mostly similar Melee lol.

And when I do Bad Melee habits in brawl I say 'Great' because it's shows im a Melee Player and I would never change them lol.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Obviously I'll see on the day if I want to enter all games.

Just you coz I'm assuming people will come mine Thursday evening after M and M. Don't want it to be mad loud twice in 1 week. Don't come mad late like you usually do though I want to record some games too. I need to watch over my stuff and see what needs improving. Its how I got good in the first place. I've also found an easier way to edit the vids so we can transfer them easier and get them on youtube.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OK, I won't come mad late

As long as I dont get there, start beating you, you say you're tired, and you don't like how you played in the games so you're not gonna upload them...

So no matter how you feel you played the matches have to be uploaded because our channel is dead....DEAL lol???

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Why do you guys keep coming to a Brawl tournament when you don't like Brawl? Surely it isn't that hard to play both games, and you shouldn't be ashamed to lose to people who actually practice playing it, and have a lot more knowledge about it, why not be a real Smash fan and play both games seriously :p.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's not difficult to play both BUT it will hinder your performance, and all he cares about is winning both Melee events.

:king:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Why do you guys keep coming to a Brawl tournament when you don't like Brawl? Surely it isn't that hard to play both games, and you shouldn't be ashamed to lose to people who actually practice playing it, and have a lot more knowledge about it, why not be a real Smash fan and play both games seriously :p.
losing your tech skill because you were playing brawl? Probably the worst john I've ever heard to date. I've played both games quite a few times and it hasn't affested anything

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
It's not difficult to play both BUT it will hinder your performance, and all he cares about is winning both Melee events.

losing your tech skill because you were playing brawl? Probably the worst john I've ever heard to date. I've played both games quite a few times and it hasn't affested anything
He's just paranoid that playing brawl would own his melee skill and that the balance would probably shift.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
If you play both a lot it should be fine, Brawl has different timing to it yes but I doubt your skills would actually suffer from it, you just have to remember the differences and think about what you're doing before you play.

Jolteon

m2k plays both more than anyone else in the world and it effects him ;p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I come to the Brawl Tournaments because Dujuan and other people always ask me to come, which is why you will find Dujuan at the tournament without me there, but you will never find me there without Dujuan.

And who's ashamed of losing to anyone at Brawl lol???
Im saying I don't want to play it because I want to concentrate on my Melee Performance which will undoubtably be affected if I play both...
And I wouldn't play both games seriously because I genuinely find brawl very boring on a competitive level and just wouldn't enjoy it...coming from a Melee background I can't help it.

If you play both a lot it should be fine, Brawl has different timing to it yes but I doubt your skills would actually suffer from it, you just have to remember the differences and think about what you're doing before you play.
Sorry but yes it will hinder you....everyone I know who has attempted to play both it ends up hindering them and even Mew2king who is the best player in the world in the sense of his transferrable skill from one game to another gets affected by it.

Melee for me needs a lot of warming up on during the day, and this is for any Top Level Melee player...so I will be playing only Melee on the day, and prob the occasional Brawl Friendly

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
It does? Well they are really different, maybe so different that it's like playing a whole new game? lol I respect both games anyway, there are things I dislike about both of them but Melee is definitely more competitive.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Coming from the most technical player in the world who's skill is so huge that he can judge incredibly correctly :troll:

It's not about losing your tech so to speak, it's the intricate parts of Melee which you need to warm up to by playing it, maybe you can transfer over straight away, but I play Fox...

Jolteon

lol or so say the johning fanboys
no he says it himself all the time lol, it's not mango we're talking about.

@Luigimitsu: I do agree that the games are very different but there is also a lot of transferable skill between the two games (even kira on the brawl side is proof of this).

/e ALSO you have to remember that prof is TO'ing. I don't think Dujuan realises it yet but playing in FOUR different events whilst TO'ing is a huge pain in the *** and causes a lot of stress. I think he'll regret entering on the day personally lol.

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
It's better to stick to something you're consistent at. I know i've been told that I will be better @ melee if I practice but I know that I won't catch up, i'm faaaar too behind so i'm sticking with brawl stuff where I have experience playing it.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
the speed change has alot of things to do with brawl/meele trying to swap sometimes things feel faster and ur timings get bad imo

but if u play both games enough it doesnt rlly effect you tbh

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Not if we lose.

Then we're losers

And im gonna be upset if I lose because you want to play Brawl
He can play Brawl as much as he wants, but im not playing it lol.

And im just saying im gonna be very annoyed if him playing Brawl sabotages our Melee Performance because I genuienly want to win Both Singles and Doubles...

THIS IS WHY IM NOT ENTERING BRAWL DOUBLES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVN5LQZrnvI
You did beat Cong + his brother and Kasper + Connor though before that match... so obviously you can play well in brawl doubles.

You're the overwhelming favourite for Melee singles (and I'd imagine doubles too), so you could see it as just another challenge or evening the playing field lol, besides you'd get practice in your opening Melee matches anyway (there's bound to be some matches which you would NEVER lose, regardless or how badly you're playing :) )

Whats TOing?
Tournament Organising.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
/e ALSO you have to remember that prof is TO'ing. I don't think Dujuan realises it yet but playing in FOUR different events whilst TO'ing is a huge pain in the *** and causes a lot of stress. I think he'll regret entering on the day personally lol.

What's this King thing you always put at the end of your posts now lol???

And yes, TO'ing and doing all 4 events at the same time is very stressful (which will technically be two events at the same time cos Singles and Doubles happens at different points, but could spread into 4 if he doesn't get out of singles pools in Melee and Brawl and has to play in the Amateur Bracket + Doubles lol) and it would be incredibly hard to pull off a GREAT T.O. job and do every event.

It's better to stick to something you're consistent at. I know i've been told that I will be better @ melee if I practice but I know that I won't catch up, i'm faaaar too behind so i'm sticking with brawl stuff where I have experience playing it.

The 'tooo far behind' is the silliest statement ever...people are still starting to play to this day, you just get disheartened when you play me but you need to realize (and im honestly not saying this with an ego) that I can geniunely wreck the extreme majority of people in Melee in the UK, even those who play it, but when you start off learning the Tech Skill and become consistent in it and play with people around your level you will see how much fun it is.

You did beat Cong + his brother and Kasper + Connor though before that match... so obviously you can play well in brawl doubles.

You're the overwhelming favourite for Melee singles (and I'd imagine doubles too), so you could see it as just another challenge or evening the playing field lol, besides you'd get practice in your opening Melee matches anyway (there's bound to be some matches which you would NEVER lose, regardless or how badly you're playing :) )
I know I beat them teams in Doubles at M&M Games, but I still dont feel like im strong enough to place Top 3 at a UK National Tournament.

Im most definitely not a overwhelming favourite for Melee Singles lol.
Despite me winning the Last 5 Tournaments I definitely need to keep on point to sustain it and don't want to be complacent, if I felt like I could play every game and win I prob would, but I know I can't and I REALLY want to win Melee Singles and Doubles

Jolteon

King is a character off of a webcomic called Housepets! lol.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people say "I'm too far behind to start melee so ill just play easy, boring brawl"

Prof: I'd say you are comfortably the favourite for melee singles but we'll see what happens, charles said hes bringing his "winning pad" lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I hate when people say "I'm too far behind to start melee so ill just play easy, boring brawl"

Prof: I'd say you are comfortably the favourite for melee singles but we'll see what happens, charles said hes bringing his "winning pad" lol.

LOL You lot can say im comfortably the favourite but I don't personally what to think I am...
And lol 'Winning Pad' Johns...obv trying to join for previous tournaments.

Calzorz

Smash Lord

people think its easy till they play me :p

and yea prof i know wot u mean about winning last 5 but always get a challange out of it in finals etc just play melee if u think itlll mess u up

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Why dont you think you are? If i was in your position winning 5 tournaments in a row, i wouldnt fear Charles anymore. Lol

I def think I am currently the best and deserve the title...but I don't want to get complacent in general, I don't fear Charles AT ALL, I just don't want to get comfortable...

I'm not like Charles since Charles likes to get comfortable, and then loses his nice juicy 3 year title :troll:

is this you trying to start a new illiteracy meme?
*illiterate

And just replace the word 'what' with 'want' lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Calzorz: Yeah i know its not easy in terms of mind games/spacing, but technically is way easier than melee.

Prof: Yeah that makes sense, stop playing Brawl it is fail! Lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Calzorz: Yeah i know that its hard in terms of mind games/spacing, but technically way easier than melee.

Prof: Yeah that makes sense but stop playing Brawl you are always telling me how fail it is at Dujuans lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL I dont really play Brawl though, just for fun :)

Don't want to say anything negative about it though cos obv im running it at this tournament and want to attract people to come to it lol.

But I can play it casually but don't wish to play it competitively

Top Bottom