• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lolo & Lala will be Newcomers in Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
Someone sure is moody tonight. That's just fine, I don't blame him. It's a lot of stress running a place like this at such an intense time. You... Please try to relax a bit, alright? Not everyone is here to spam up your board with garbage threads.

Anyway, I've decided to tell you guys that Lolo & Lala will be playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, similar to Ice Climbers. I'm not telling you what I THINK, I'm telling you what I know. I've held this knowledge for a long time, and I figured the time was right to come out with it now. You don't have to believe me this very second; I don't expect you to. If this thread is dug up after a time when it is public knowledge... great! Otherwise, please just keep it in mind.

So, I wonder... How will they work? Do you think they will trap people in eggs? Or maybe they'll have hammers... Hm...

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
I'm not asking you to believe me, I just want the knowledge to be out there. It's not an assumption, you'll know this when they are revealed. :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hmm...

While I wouldn't put much weight in this it would be hard to say it doesn't make sense. Hal's first big game heros (yep, before kirby) With sakurai, the director of brawl and an old team member of Hal. Not all that much of a stretch. I wouldn't be too surprised if this turned out too be true.

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Hah if you can't give evidence, surely you can say when they will be announced? today (or 17 hours time hah)?

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't know when they will be announced -- I'm waiting on it, too.

I think even less people would believe it if I told you HOW I have this knowledge. Just remember this thread when you hear about them... please? I'm not going to pull an "I-told-you-so", but I have a fun story to tell about why they are in the game.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Hmm. Let me take a wild guess as to how you came across this so-called 'knowledge'

1. You saw the Nintendrone interview that allegedly confirms a number of things about Brawl.
2. You assumed that the person being interviewed was Sakurai himelf.
3. You read the part where it said "There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.”, and assumed he was talking about Lolo and Lala
4. You put two and two together and got twenty-two.

I'm not saying it's impossible. But when you make a claim such as this, and then follow up with saying you know it as infallible fact, you should probably come up with a little more proof than 'you wouldn't believe me if I told you.' No offense intended, or anything. You just can't really say something like this without at least some proof.

Arkacy

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I don't believe you should assume things without any hard evidence. Anyway, I'm not doubting this will happen, but you should show us the source?

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
HiddenTiger, you're far off. It's none of those things.

I met Masahiro Sakurai at E3 last year, on both May 11th and May 12 of 2006. This knowledge comes from none other than straight from the man himself.

Don't believe me? I don't feel like going to great lengths to prove it -- we'll do this the easier way.There's a video on YouTube titled "Masahiro Sakurai VS Koji Kondo", and it's the two of them playing Wii Sports together. I took, and uploaded (I'm NeoGoemon) this video the day I was with Mr. Sakurai.

It's not an assumption, but you'll have to wait until they are revealed to see this -- and I don't know when that will be. :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Tell you what, if you turn out to be right, then congratulations, you knew it beforehand. But for now, I'm going to treat this the exact same way I treat every person who "knows" what's going on with Brawl before everyone else: by not believing them and shutting down their topic.

*EDIT* Tell you what though, I do you one better than all the other people who "know" about Brawl. If this turns out to be true, I'll reopen this topic, and this will be the new official Lolo and Lala topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom