• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lolful - St. Petersburg, FL - August 2nd - LOLOLOL!!11

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
American Baptist Church of the Beattitudes
Address: 2812 Eighth St. N.

Map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/America...+33704-2007/St

Doors will open at 9:00 contestants can warm up with other players. The tournament will start between 11:00 and 11:30.

If possible please bring a wii, tv, or powerstrips.

Prizes
1st Place - 50% of pot
2nd Place – 30% of pot
3rd Place - Goes to venue (church)

Fees
Singles: $7.00
Doubles: $14.00 per team

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Oh and we'll have the standard counterpicking rules this time. ;-p

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Banned:

Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I am definitely going to try to come to this. This time I will be bringing the game with my Wii, instead of leaving it at home. I don't know who will be riding with me, probably Monk and maybe freddy and sYm. We'll see what happens.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
your attendance might get messed with cause theres willvolution in the SFL-ish area on this date.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Prizes
1st Place - 50% of pot
2nd Place – 30% of pot
3rd Place - Goes to venue (church)
So...3rd place just gets nothing...I better get a tour of the church or some Holy Water if I get 3rd.
Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
This counterpick list upsets me....I DEMAND PICTOCHAT!!!!!!!!

and WTF at Lylat under Counterpick...I mean I hate that level...but god ****...even I think that should be under random

Edit: Rice you still have Lime's Powerstrip right? You know...it's the grey one...that says Lime Backwards on it...yeah.

Edit 2.0: Also attendance shouldn't be that big of a deal...considering last time it was mostly people in the area and it was still 30 or so people

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
yeah i still have lime's powerstrip.
Sweet, that's good to hear.

I am still going to try to come to this at the later date.

on another note: Who here is going to the Dethtour at Janis Landing in two weeks? I'll be there, I was wondering if I would see any smashers there too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so you basically want to give 20% of the pot to the church? instead of doing your current payout method, which honestly is bad, do something like this

1st gets 50% of the total
2nd gets 20% of the total
3rd gets 10% of the total

and the other 20% of the total goes to the church

Just a suggestion, but why not put the singles to 10/person, and doubles to 20/team. right now singles fee is under half of a normal tourney, while doubles is 6 dollars under a standard tourney. That way, the church gets more money (or at least i hope its going to a church or may god have mercy on your soul), the players get more money, and its STILL cheaper than other tourneys.

on that note, if there isnt anything else going down this weekend, ill come. but please take my two tips about the payout into consideration

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
so you basically want to give 20% of the pot to the church? instead of doing your current payout method, which honestly is bad, do something like this

1st gets 50% of the total
2nd gets 20% of the total
3rd gets 10% of the total

and the other 20% of the total goes to the church

Just a suggestion, but why not put the singles to 10/person, and doubles to 20/team. right now singles fee is under half of a normal tourney, while doubles is 6 dollars under a standard tourney. That way, the church gets more money (or at least i hope its going to a church or may god have mercy on your soul), the players get more money, and its STILL cheaper than other tourneys.

on that note, if there isnt anything else going down this weekend, ill come. but please take my two tips about the payout into consideration

I have no problem doing this if I know I can get a good number of people to come. Last time I just got local people and I don't really think that they would be willing to spend that much money to play in the tournament. So I figure with such a small pot, not to waste it on 3rd place, since that they'll only get like a few bucks back. BUT if I can get a guaranteed attendance from a bunch of people here on the boards, I have no problem raising the prices and adding a 3rd place to the prize money.

So if you guys can, let me know if you guys are going for sure and get other people to go also so I can raise the prices and everything.

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
Oh, and if you guys were wondering Jenn (the really cute half asian girl) is going to be there again helping me run the tournament. AND! she's single this time *wink* *wink*

lololol!!11one

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Oh, and if you guys were wondering Jenn (the really cute half asian girl) is going to be there again helping me run the tournament. AND! she's single this time *wink* *wink*

lololol!!11one
huh...this Jenn girl. Did she use to go to University of Florida by any chance?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Rice...if you keep the current prices and 30 people show up for singles(I took the attendance from the last tournament) the division would be
1st- $105
2nd- $42
3rd- $21
Church- $42

and for doubles (if there are 10 teams...like last time)

1st- $70
2nd- $28
3rd- $14
Church- $28

so yeah...whatever...it'll work out

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
She'll be smitten by Gmoney once she sees how rhythmically he can press that b-button. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn :bandit:

But, srsly, I hope you can raise those entrance fees.

By the way, Rice, were you in my pool at the first Gigs? You're pretty cool. Why did you leave early?

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
She'll be smitten by Gmoney once she sees how rhythmically he can press that b-button. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn :bandit:

But, srsly, I hope you can raise those entrance fees.

By the way, Rice, were you in my pool at the first Gigs? You're pretty cool. Why did you leave early?
Yeah probably, because I did leave early. It's because I had to be somewhere the following morning back in St. Pete, and I realized that the tournament wasn't going to end till like 5 in the morning.

SO, can i get some guaranteed attendance's from you guys? Because I really want to raise the price cap, that'd be awesome. Hopefully I can get Phanna and his group of friends to come again, that'll be awesome. *hint to phanna if he's paying attention the the southeast boards*

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Im here, yall best be prepared. An GDX, no more G&W 192%...your dead to me now.

YALL dont know whats comin....oh,an...Melee friendlys anyone?????? xD xD xD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im here, yall best be prepared. An GDX, no more G&W 192%...your dead to me now.

YALL dont know whats comin....oh,an...Melee friendlys anyone?????? xD xD xD
where have you been?

im hosting a tourney in orlando on sunday. theres a thread about it. you better show up and tell the rest of tampa-area to show up too

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I had saved up some money for Fast 1, but since I am not going to Fast, I have some extra money laying around....

So yeah, I'll be coming. I'd rather come to this anyways. Seeing as I don't want to sell the left side of my body for gas money to get to Orlando. Plus, I just had a bunch of fun at the last one.

Like I said, Monk should be coming with me and I told freddy so he can get the day off from work. I don't know about sYm though. I'm sure Monk has told him.

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
If I were to sell hamburgers and hot-dogs for cheap at the tournament, would anyone buy them?

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
IM BACK B!TCHES.......

count me in im goin to this 100000000000000000000000.1%

LIME:can i meet u at ur house like last time... 5 for gas??....and plus im goin to win this....

and imma try and bring a wii....and maybe a tv....

SYM+Monk=Bear Frenzy

BBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

and ill buy a hot dog.. got any bear dogs???

PolMex23

Smash Champion
You guys are dead when i get there xD xD xD.

Ima show up at FAST1 on sat for the start of Brawl.

I still need a partner

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You guys are dead when i get there xD xD xD.

Ima show up at FAST1 on sat for the start of Brawl.

I still need a partner
petey did it needs a partner for brawl doubles, and he lives in that area of FL (tampa-ish). you should PM him or something

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
LIME:can i meet u at ur house like last time... 5 for gas??....and plus im goin to win this....

Yeah, you can meet me at my place. Like last time, you should get there early because I have too get freddy and Monk. I have to ask for a little bit more for gas though, I hate to do it but I have to. 7 or 8 bucks should be good, so it isn't too drastic of a surcharge. I can't wait for this tourney.

Top Bottom