• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velox

Smash Ace
I'm not threatened by that kind of tech skill, I know my tech skill is better, even though I don't do circus tricks like that. Not to mention he probably changes his grip or use the joystick to jump or something gay. Plus I do more shines in a row with Falco all the time even though you haven't seen me do it. Fox doesn't even take any timing, it's just as fast as you can go and hope you get lucky. And sometimes they do, like in that video. Plus if I practice that too much (I can do it if I haven't played in a long time), it starts to tear at my muscle and ligaments theyby destroying my tech skill = not worth it. Falco's phantasm stall screws up my hands as well. Human flesh is only so strong, however his is probably stronger than mine, my health isn't too great.

Not that I even care about tech skill, for the sake that I don't care, his tech skill is better than mine. Bar none.

That's why Sethlon, although thanks for showing me that.

I will say that is impressive though, it's not like I'm ignorant to the fact that that was really nice, everyone deserves their due respect, but until he comes up with more useful tech skill that will catch up with mine, that kind of thing belongs in a circus of inconsistentcy. Too bad he did it in a match, usually the people who do it training mode make me laugh, they would freak out what my private (me only) training mode sessions are like.

I like to watch Silent Wolf play, because although he is a little circus, and his knowledge of the game isn't that great (pro), he uses lots of amazing tech skill feats that are actually useful in game (and he does them in matches to great effect). And of course FASTLIKETREE is the ultimate of useful, awesome tech skill.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
sounds good rockettrainer. i'll play u at the tourny in january or at any fest that comes b4 that

edit: alright, sideeffect. same thing, in january

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
sounds good rockettrainer. i'll play u at the tourny in january or at any fest that comes b4 that

edit: alright, sideeffect. same thing, in january
I accept your RCMM.

Also, why have only Alex and Ronnie accepted my MM offers? COME ON HOUSTON?!?!?! XD

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
hylian, sounds good. i'll probly take on ur normal mm, but it depends on how much money i hav when i meet u, which is usually not a lot. i normally hav about a 30-70 win-loss against tgm's samus, so i'll probably lose, but i just might do it anyway

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian, sounds good. i'll probly take on ur normal mm, but it depends on how much money i hav when i meet u, which is usually not a lot. i normally hav about a 30-70 win-loss against tgm's samus, so i'll probably lose, but i just might do it anyway
Allright, well I am going to be using fox probably anyways. I play fox wayyyy more then samus now.

Chris, I really want to play you again :). I remembered you being technical, and I have gotten very technical, so our matchs should be amazingly fun to play/watch.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Me and you should do a shine contest and phantom-ledge-edge-guard contest... just for fun.

BTW IM THE MOST TECHNICAL!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

wtf? DOUBLE POST...MY BAD.
Want to have a tech skill show-off? XD.

I bet I am more technical then you and Velox.

The only person more technical then me in texas is SaveTheQueen.

Also, I bet I can make samus move faster then any of your characters without SWD :).

Edit: Is the Side-B ledgestall harder with falco then it is with fox? Because I can do it with fox perfectly, but I just tried falco and failed lol.

G@BE

Smash Lord
you can do moving double lasers thats cool and all... But im pretty confident that Velox is more technical then you guys

onii-chan

Smash Ace
wow there is a lot of double posting going on here i hope drew doesnt lose it a close the thread everyone no more double post! XD

also if anyone is going to axxo house you might have a chance to meet me (the guy with the highest potenial of SDing) XD see you guys there

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
you can do moving double lasers thats cool and all... But im pretty confident that Velox is more technical then you guys
He might be...but It's been awhile since you have seen me play G@be...

Lasers arn't the only thing I'm good at anymore XD. All the **** I can do with samus requires massive tech skill. Also, I can do anything with fox or falco. Multi-shining im no so good at but w/e.

Go to TGMs next tourny and you will see what I'm talking about :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
so do you really control the misfire?
/edit
I mean...

I'll take you on, Kamikaze.

And Hylian too.
What's your normal mm?
Sweet. $5 3/5 MLG rules.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Want to have a tech skill show-off? XD.

I bet I am more technical then you and Velox.

The only person more technical then me in texas is SaveTheQueen.

Also, I bet I can make samus move faster then any of your characters without SWD :).

Edit: Is the Side-B ledgestall harder with falco then it is with fox? Because I can do it with fox perfectly, but I just tried falco and failed lol.
1] yeh lets do it. i know im the most tech.

2] everything is easier with fox you should know this... but yeh ,lets have this technical contest ♪_♪

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
1] yeh lets do it. i know im the most tech.

2] everything is easier with fox you should know this... but yeh ,lets have this technical contest ♪_♪
Everything is not easier with fox...I can muti-shine really well with falco but I can't with fox >_>..

Velox

Smash Ace
A technical contest? I forfeit. You are all much much more technical than me. Honestly, even talking about tech skill makes me sick. Let's have a mindgame contest.

However, FASTLIKETREE is the most technically gifted player in Texas. He's also the smartest player here. Sethlon/Xelic are pretty dang smart too.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I accept, Hylian. $5 3/5 MLG rules :D.
Look at your sig. And you are not from houston! XD.

Chris, You know you are technical lol. Mindgames contest? lmao. First hit wins!

XD.

And yes we all know wes is amazing.

Velox said:
I like to watch Silent Wolf play, because although he is a little circus, and his knowledge of the game isn't that great (pro), he uses lots of amazing tech skill feats that are actually useful in game (and he does them in matches to great effect). And of course FASTLIKETREE is the ultimate of useful, awesome tech skill.
Since when is my knowledge of the game not that great...? lmao

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
it's cool ophelius. hopefully next time something goes down you'll be more on your game and we'll rematch
Yeah... That'd be cool. I did horrible, yet pretty good considering I only had like what, thirty minutes of practice before the STYD (Smash till ya drop, slightly more accurate than STD). Level one computer won't cut it anymore. :ohwell:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
so do you really control the misfire?
Tobias controls the misfire. Seriously. He misfires on command. He did it to me in a friendly, I dared him to do it again, and he just stands on the ground and DOES IT AGAIN. ON COMMAND. Every time we play, he averages around six misfries, no joke. ON COMMAND. God, he must be some sort of sorcerer or something.

Tech skill can only a person so far but that's not to say there is some really flashy stuff that I wouldn't mind learning. It's fun to learn random technical moves that impress people. :)

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Is there anything happening Dec. 12th-13th? How bout right after christmas? I'll likely be back up in San Marcos by the time of the tourney.

Looking for STYD's as well, since I am new to the tourney thing, and will likely just get my *** kicked. Everyone I know who plays in houston is casual.

Velox

Smash Ace
No offense Silent, I think you're good and all, but should Eggz really be better than you (he is). I do think your tech skill has a lot more to do with your success than you may think.

Also, I think you're one of those players who just thinks spacing and tech chasing (or just punishing options in general, not necessarily limited to tech chasing) defines high level play, which heh, it doesn't. Yet some pros (ok, the majority of them) have this mentality, and they are able to win and be pros just by doing that. I know there are these players, because lots of pros will come right out and say that is what makes them so good. They've not had to work to get their position in this game like the other players have, sure they've done their dues, but they really are nothing compared to say, Azen. They have it way too easy and somehow are able to win at this game like that, it makes me sick because of all the work I put into outsmarting my opponents, and how much work Chillin and Azen have put into it as well, only to lose to player X (I'm not going to say any names). This is the main reason, IMO, a player like NEO quit this game. He was clearly better than lots of players he played in tournament and lost to, it made me sick to watch.

Although you're above that basic level, unlike some pros, you're still not as good as say, NEO, Chillin, Azen, yet I'm sure you think you're on Chillin's level. I'm not saying your a stupid person or anything though, hell, I think you're smart don't get me wrong. I never say people are stupid because the fall for a ledge hop bait of something like that. However, I do think you're not as knowledgeable about this game as Chillin/Ken/FLT.

No offense Silent, I think you're good and all, but should Eggz really be better than you (he is). I do think your tech skill has a lot more to do with your success than you may think.

Also, I think you're one of those players who just thinks spacing and tech chasing (or just punishing options in general, not necessarily limited to tech chasing) defines high level play, which heh, it doesn't. Yet some pros (ok, the majority of them) have this mentality, and they are able to win and be pros just by doing that. I know there are these players, because lots of pros will come right out and say that is what makes them so good. They've not had to work to get their position in this game like the other players have, sure they've done their dues, but they really are nothing compared to say, Azen. They have it way too easy and somehow are able to win at this game like that, it makes me sick because of all the work I put into outsmarting my opponents, and how much work Chillin and Azen have put into it as well, only to lose to player X (I'm not going to say any names). This is the main reason, IMO, a player like NEO quit this game. He was clearly better than lots of players he played in tournament and lost to, it made me sick to watch.

Although you're above that basic level, unlike some pros, you're still not as good as say, NEO, Chillin, Azen, yet I'm sure you think you're on Chillin's level. I'm not saying your a stupid person or anything though, hell, I think you're smart don't get me wrong. I never say people are stupid because the fall for a ledge hop bait of something like that. However, I do think you're not as knowledgeable about this game as Chillin/Ken/FLT.
Uhh...Good job acting like you know how good we are and how we think lmao. Me and Eggz are really close, hard to tell who's better right now. I know how the game works. I don't play all flashy because I think it will help. I know it's not the way to go. I do it to have fun. Why play if it's not fun? :p

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Silent Wolfie I have been wanting to play you forever. I would beat you too.

You can have fun losing.

I'm better than everyone here.

:-)

G@BE

Smash Lord
quiet arrogance is always nice Ronnie. No reason for you to be straight out homo about it. If i remember right Silent Wolf... I did play you before. Were you not at FC. I think we played a couple of friendlys... I think i won

See now thats just being a prick

furthermore what the hell is Washington doing the the Houston thread... or the South West thread for that matter

quiet arrogance is always nice Ronnie. No reason for you to be straight out homo about it. If i remember right Silent Wolf... I did play you before. Were you not at FC. I think we played a couple of friendlys... I think i won

See now thats just being a prick

furthermore what the hell is Washington doing the the Houston thread... or the South West thread for that matter
I wasn't very good at FC/Friendlies are too good.
lol
Don't even know who you are =P

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Silent Wolfie I have been wanting to play you forever. I would beat you too.

You can have fun losing.

I'm better than everyone here.

:-)
SW iggnor this loser.

I know it's not the way to go. I do it to have fun. Why play if it's not fun? :p
Wow didnt know ya felt that way, now I really want to play you so be ready for brawl!!! ^_^' and FYI, dont worry about anyone from houston because VVV

Houston is feeled with cocky loser who STRONGLLY Believe there the best and will not give props to anyone and criticize anyone and everyone who they cant beat... so yeh. But SW I assure you we will have fun when we eventually play cause "I aint bout the drama".

Don't even know who you are =P
He's a nobody.

ALSO THIS THREAD HAS SOOOO MANY DOUBLE POST! DREW IS GONNA KILL US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom