• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
SlashTalon, didn't we play in teams yesterday?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I had no idea that was you until I tried to figure out what "/" could be.

That first match was so intense, still can't believe how close it was.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I dont even think you were ROB...

Or actually I dont think weve played in forever...

but yeah I was feelin Falco, just not against Chus Kirby. Knacker knows whats up =(
I played him twice too, knocked me to losers, knocked me out..

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Haha good ****, not your fault though Brackets just seem to like to make themselves tougher/more annoying for me.

My pool at CH3 was like all my bad matchups at the time: Marth (Neo), Marth (ChaosKnight), ROB (JCaeser), G&W(GodisMyRock), Pit/G&W (Light), and Falco (Keitaro).

I vote Falco and Olimar Dittos to be the gayest dittos in Brawl.

Sudai

Stuff here
What's this? Videos?

Sudai(ROB) vs Niku(Kirby)

Battlefield - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyUBLGPdAVo
Gyro to laser KO. Punishing a mishapped stone transformation. Not too great overall.

Yoshi's Island - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNvURA1Uk9s
A good example of how to recover against kirby?

Battle Field - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFITk3HhtCE
He SD's at the end, but it's pretty good other than that.

Lylat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebapmAHqoHE
I got some good punishing in on this one.

Take what you will.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
toasty vs. Lord Karn (ROB ditto)
Smashville + Frigate Orpheon - "just watch til the last minute..." - toasty
Battlefield - "This is what a sad Robot looks like" - toasty

toasty (ROB) Vs. Chudat (Kirby)
Yoshi's Island + Frigate Orpheon
Smashville - "best match out of the three in my money match with Chudat's Kirby [it was 3/5, $5]" - toasty

Sudai(ROB) vs Niku(Kirby)
Battlefield - "Gyro to laser KO. Punishing a mishapped stone transformation. Not too great overall." - Sudai
Yoshi's Island - "A good example of how to recover against kirby?" - Sudai
Battlefield - "He SD's at the end, but it's pretty good other than that." - Sudai
Lylat Cruise - "I got some good punishing in on this one." - Sudai

Wow so many new Kirby vids, and at the same time we're talking about Kirby in the matchup discussion thread. See how nice it is when people comment on their vids? Oh well, on to OS's vids.

Rogu (Wolf) vs Overswarm (ROB)
Yoshi's Island

Overswarm (ROB) vs SamuraiPanda (Snake)
Castle Siege
Yoshi's Island

Overswarm (ROB) vs NxC (Pit)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Frigate Orpheon - "I just gave myself an erection." - Overswarm

Overswarm (ROB) vs Infern Angelis (Ike)
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Overswarm (ROB) vs Dr. X (Pit)
Smashville
Norfair

OS (ROB) vs. DSF (MK)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

OS (ROB) vs. DSF (Snake)
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

OS (ROB) vs. Kel (MK)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon

OS (ROB) vs. Kel (Peach)
Smashville

OS (ROB) vs. Vidjo (MK)
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

OS(ROB) vs. Jekyll (Ganondorf)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Battlefield
Smashville

Jeebus. I'll pick new "best matches" soon, but right now I'm fried.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Lobos(ToonLink) vs Jcaesar(ROB)
Battlefield - the 2nd kill on TL is hawt: stand right on edge -> shield get-up attack -> get pushed off ledge -> immediately nair -> deal out death
Battlefield - **** that grappling hook, so annoying; I tried to be aggressive here and it worked out pretty well
Pirate Ship - not a great match, if I was serious about it I wouldn't have d1cked around in the water so much, but Lobos would kill me if I didn't post his one win of the set

These I'm not gonna post but I figured I'd link them here anyway in case someone wants to look at them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_Kqw32DPY - a rare win vs one of MD/VA's best MKs (Korn), I got a lucky spike at the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxXaBunSfo - an all around good (campy) match vs Korn's DDD, but considering the number of good DDD matches we have already I wouldn't say it's post-worthy

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
gahhh I'm stuck in our remote office location on Wednesday and Friday now...which is good and bad.

good: hardly any clients come in or call [ratio of 1:11] and they don't have the programs here on these shltty computers (see "bad") that I normally use to do some of the harder work I have...so I'm not obligated to do that when I'm here...and I get paid for mileage [almost 50 miles]

bad: shltty ****ing computers. I'm running WINDOWS 98 right now. WINDOWS. 90. EIGHT. I can't do too much in more than one window otherwise the system locks up and then I have to call the other office just to log me out of the terminal..............POINT IS: I can't even watch youtube videos :( :( :(

I really wanted to see that "get pushed off into nair" kill JCz is talking about >_>

oh well...at least I can be horribly vain and look at myself with my toaster [btw, this is seriously what I walk around with at tournaments]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I really wanted to see that "get pushed off into nair" kill JCz is talking about >_>
It was the awesomest kill of the night.

Lately, if someone is standing right on the edge while I'm hanging there, I do a get-up attack. It's been a really really safe option. If they are charging a smash or doing some other attack, they get hit. If they roll away, they get hit. If they shield it, they get pushed off and grab the ledge. No one has ever tried spot-dodging it, but the hit frames last a while so I don't see it working out well for them. The point is, I have never been punished for doing a get-up attack while they're standing right on the edge (very very close I mean, standing a little farther back allows them to shield grab).

Then, Lobos tries this exact same thing on me, and he dies for it. It was such an epic moment.

I'm curious now if this works against every character's get-up attack. I like free nairs.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Sudai..were you the one who said he's moving to VA???
either way where are you moving to?

Thumbs...how's your journey-to-Ninjalink-status going?

Also: wish me luck MD/VA. If I make enough money this weekend [at least 50 profit] then I'm coming to Critical Hit 4!!! Ramadan starts monday, so I don't know how my family will feel about it, but winning this weekend will greatly increase my chances..

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm pretty sure Sudai is just moving around in Louisiana.

Hope you can make it toasty. I have your remote still.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Slowly, but I am much better than I was at CH3 :) I've watched all the matches of him that are up and I've learned quite a bit. I glide toss faster and more often. I grab a lot more too, and I'm better with spiking lol. I know your ROB has gotten a lot better too. You were doing some crazy stuff against Chu's Kirby and NL's Diddy. Can't wait to play you again, so you better win this weekend and come to CH4 <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I just remember one of the ROB buddies saying they were considering moving to VA...wishful thinking I suppose hah

but yeah I'm teaming with Kadaj on saturday. If we win we're bringing the team to Critical Hit [I hope]...the sunday thing is still an issue, though it won't run as late due to teams being one day and singles being the next...hmm...

I need to get my boy The |Egg| Sniper to study Diddy vids...I finally started curbing his WiFi habits so hopefully he'll be pretty **** soon =D He plays very aggressively and he's fast. His Melee Yoshi is terrifying [his Brawl Yoshi is pretty good too, though I was just playing crazy style against him and not "I wanna win" style since gayness in friendlies frustrates him to no end...training and tourneys are different, but I'm not trying to scare him away just when I got him back into it...point is I don't actually know how good/difficult it is. esp since he's more smarts/mindgames in the same way [but not degree] that Azen/Chu are [which means his low-tiers are nasty in all games]

expect Diddy/Yoshi/1-Pikmin-Olimar vids in the coming month ^_^

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Good **** Sudai.

toasty, I think it was OWM that said he was moving to MD/VA.

Also, 1-Pikmin-Olimar???

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
So everyone is talking
Staring in awe
At the goofy kid
Over there playing brawl

He turns to them
And reveals his bit
He says his name is Toasty
And his toaster's the ****

Afternoon Robbonites

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's gonna be like twice as many people as last time probably, so I'm gonna have to figure out a few new sleeping arrangements, but either way it's gonna be ****ing sweet.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah the issue is using my car.......the other issue that is creeping up: RAMADAN. It starts monday :( that means lots of family time for a MONTH. esp on the weekends with extended family >_> I didn't even factor that in, F*CK. I shouldn't have said anything til I was sure that I could go :( :( :(

Top Bottom