• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

Sudai

Stuff here
Haha. It'd be too easy.

I'm having images of lasers and bananas flying through an apartment. "What?! You STILL haven't changed your cat's litter? *eyebeam!*"

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
<3<3<3

also, in the interest of support for fellow ROB mains:

My brother is a (new) filmmaker. His film has been chosen as the Weekly Feature Film for Pitchfork's new feature: http://pitchfork.tv/

Please do me a huge favor and check it out [it's all related to circuit boards, music, video game hardware, and crazy dance parties!...so it's perfect for ROBs] and tell your friends about this. Just IM everyone with that link and I will <3 you forever...except ND

Hi/Lo-bandwidth switch on top left of video viewer, chapter selection on right scroll menu

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUU!!!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Too bad P-Wubbs isn't here, we need a theme song.

EDIT: toasty, those are really interesting. I'm just starting the second one right now, but its really well put together, with excellent music in the background. GO GO RED TETRIS PIECE IN THE FIRST VID!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Well, do what you can, guys. Make relationships work.

If your girl breaks up with you over a talk with your ex, then she needs to learn that she doesn't mean anything to you. You gotta make that clear to her.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nice movie toasty. I only watched the 1st chapter (didn't realize it was so long) but it was very informative.

I like rock remixes of old video game songs myself. I know that's different from chiptunes but while we're on the subject of music...

I'll give P-Wubbs a buzz and see if he's busy at work.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah...the huge concert event you see featured in the doc. is called Blip Fest [I'm going this winter, in NY, if any ROB mains wanna chill =D] and there were 32ish chiptune-related artists, including some rock bands, so it's not all techno at all.

and thanks a lot for watching.

oh yeah, the film is an actual FEATURE LENGTH film.

available online for only a week :)

EDIT: chapters 3 and 4 have 2 of my favorite songs :)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Funny you mention that. Thumbs, Chozen, and I were semi-seriously talking about moving in together at some point, and the topic of a 2 ROBs 1 Diddy sitcom came up.
You still looking for a place? I'm probably going to move out by the end of the year. If you, Chozen, and me ever roomed together we'd definitely film every moment of that haha

<3<3<3

also, in the interest of support for fellow ROB mains:

My brother is a (new) filmmaker. His film has been chosen as the Weekly Feature Film for Pitchfork's new feature: http://pitchfork.tv/

Please do me a huge favor and check it out [it's all related to circuit boards, music, video game hardware, and crazy dance parties!...so it's perfect for ROBs] and tell your friends about this. Just IM everyone with that link and I will <3 you forever...except ND

Hi/Lo-bandwidth switch on top left of video viewer, chapter selection on right scroll menu

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUU!!!
That's awesome, I'm an aspiring filmmaker myself. I'm on Chapter 3 right now and I think I'll watch as much as I can because I'm so bored at work lol. Which are your favorite songs on here toasty?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah actually thumbs, if you can find something cheap in Silver Spring (or we can find enough people to make it cheap) I would definitely be willing to move in with you.

While we're on the topic of music and video games, I think this may be the most impressive video on all of youtube (and the creator probably has less of a life than most WoW nerds): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIRCzbBB99E

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah we should all be on the lookout of a good place in Silver Spring. Although it'd have to be a big place if we're going to have 3 or 4 of us living there. I definitely wouldn't want to live with more than 3 other people though.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I haven't watched the whole thing since like...January? February? But anything by Random and Anamanaguchi is fantastic.

Anamanaguchi is amazing, actually. Really. (mostly in the way their music is made). The main dude in their band is like some child genius according to my bro and the production co.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
My fiance's mom lives near Briggs Cheney (sp?) Road, it's on the bus line and I remember the rent not being that high. Castleview I think it was called.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Cool thanks HAB. Does that mean you'll be coming down this way to visit sometime?
I try to stay as far away from my future mother-in-law as possible.

Let me rephrase that.

Even more than me, my fiance tries to stay as far away from her mother as much as possible.

I'm coming down for CH4, though. It's a go!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I try to stay as far away from my future mother-in-law as possible.

Let me rephrase that.

Even more than me, my fiance tries to stay as far away from her mother as much as possible.

I'm coming down for CH4, though. It's a go!
Goooood **** man, I'll see you at ROB HQ.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Well played good sir.

EDIT@Chozen: Knock Knock.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You are a great magician.

What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord?

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I don't think -any- of my singles matches were recorded yesterday. I played all my matches on the TO's set-up with his laptop allegedly recording, but he stopped recording between doubles and singles and forgot to turn it back on...so yeah...Best part, from like the quarter finals on we only played on that TV.

I do know that I have some doubles matches coming in though. Too bad no one wants to watch that. XP

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I was disappointed to not see any vids of you in the playlist.

I almost went to the tourney too, but it ended up being bad timing for me. My girlfriend discovered I had cheated on her a while back, but since she did the same thing a few years ago I think we'll be alright. Surprisingly, we had some pretty amazing make up sex.

Anyway, I had to spend the weekend with her. We were also buying a kitten. I heard you're moving to another part of Louisiana though, will you be at future tourneys as well? I'll try to be at the next one.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's a 4ish hour drive, but I'm still planning to go to every single gameware tourney.

The reason none of my matches were recorded is cause I was playing on the one TV that was supposed to be recording..but no one started the recording. I knew I should have just played all my fights on my set-up, but it's whatever.

I do have some team vids with me and Lee that'll be up eventually (they were recorded on Nickz0r's) TV.

I'm sad to hear you're going through crap with your girl and that's why you couldn't make it, but I'm glad things are getting better between you guys. You know, Manko, we've never actually met. And that makes me sad. Because I've heard so many awesome things about you from the rest of the LA gang. : (

Also @Kitten idea: ****ing win idea. Eet got one a few months back and it's annoying as piss at times, but other times it's just soooo effing adorable.

Oh, and I might actually be trying to make FL tournies once I've moved. I already decided I'm doing at least 2 OOS tournies a month since I'll be in a better position to do so (aka I won't have to ask my mom...lawl), so even if you don't make it here, I'm sure we'll get to play some time soon. : D

Sudai

Stuff here
Nacker, I'm traveling. I have money. I have a car. I have access to plane tickets. I have friends across the US willing to house me. I'm ****ing traveling. Haha.

Now if people will come with me or not, that's a different question.

I already know I'm gonna try to hit up CH5 (4 is a no go due to college starting at like..the same effing time). Other than that though, I'm not uite sure on the specifics of other traveling destinations.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ having to ask mom xD .. wait i do that to ... **** .

You southern guys need to step it up and come to the east coast =D.
Hey now. Travel requires gas, and gas requires money, especially when you've got a 13 mpg vehicle. Which is worsened by the fact that, being a college student, I have no money.

Why doesn't the east coast step it up and come to ATL?

Edit:
Nacker, I'm traveling. I have money. I have a car. I have access to plane tickets. I have friends across the US willing to house me. I'm ****ing traveling. Haha.

Now if people will come with me or not, that's a different question.

I already know I'm gonna try to hit up CH5 (4 is a no go due to college starting at like..the same effing time). Other than that though, I'm not quite sure on the specifics of other traveling destinations.
So when is CH5? No way I could make CH4, for the same reasons, but I may be able to get to CH5. Travel isn't an impossibility for me, but it would be extremely difficult.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
They aren't gonna announce CH5 until after CH4, but I imagine it'll be November or December.

I wish CH4 was a week earlier though, on the holiday weekend. Then there would be no excuse for not making it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, I could make it to CH4 if it were on the weekend before. I assume CH5 is either November or December as well. I figured it out a while back and the CHs are about 2 months apart.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Where is it (Mass?) and how much? Is it gonna be super expensive like CH4? Honestly I wouldn't be going to CH4 if I didn't live right next to it. Since when is a single tournament fee more than the cost of the game itself? :ohwell: It's getting ridiculous. CH5 is probably gonna be like $80-100 just to enter.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to come to Caty4, January being preferable to December.

O, and Sudai, have you been to the Waba Game monthlies down here? If not, and it's actually possible for you to travel (it's extremely hard for me), check it out. If there's some month you could make it, tell me. I'd like to get some ROB pwnage up in thar.

Sudai

Stuff here
Since it's monthlies, I'm sure I could. It'd just be a matter of picking a month and going with it.

As for Caty4, where is it and is there a thread for it?

Top Bottom