• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
haha I predict everyone'll come back to ROB after some time. If I'm not mistaken, most of us, for a while, didn't even have secondaries we actually USED, correct? I suppose it gets stale after a bit... I haven't been using him much either, though I go all-ROB in tourney...just I hardly use him in Friendlies

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I agree, ROB is pretty boring and slow and not flashy at all... and there's no real incentive to push his game further because he's not a great main at present (because he gets ***** by the most common character at tourneys, and has trouble with DDD and G&W who are common as well).

Everyone played solely ROB in the beginning because the game was new and it takes a lot of time and effort to master one character, much less two.

I'd be a PT main right now if Ivysaur wasn't so ******** easy to kill. I'm not giving up on it though.

Sudai

Stuff here
I can still use ROB here cause most of LA Smash sucks at brawl. Haha. All the good Melee players except for like..5 of them stayed with Melee. I am slowly picking up MK though for OOS tournies.

Sudai

Stuff here
That video is pretty bad.. It really doesn't serve any point. You failed at making a "music video" as you imply by having too many things that weren't dance move orientated. ROB could make a great music video considering all of his moves are 80s dance classics, but nope, you didn't make a "music video" at all. It seemed like you were trying to make a highlights video more than anything, and if that's the case, you failed even harder at that.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't mind being seen as the asshat that shoots down 90% of brawl vids (not counting actual fights), hell, I'll point out all the **** that's wrong with mine if people want, but everyone wanted to praise me for it even though it really wasn't that good. D:

Actually, there was one person that wanted to make negative comments on mine but didn't because everyone else was praising it. I won't mention a name since he didn't tell me directly but I saw the sentiments in a reply he made to a comment on his video and I don't want to out someone like that if they really care that much about what other people think. :x

*is against sugar coating shiz*

Basically.. My mother could make a ROB combo video and I'd point out all the horrible flaws..most likely ones like "What the hell was that? You're doing it all wrong! This is why we shouldn't let women play a Robot.. D:!!!!"

Sudai

Stuff here
Maybe. :p

The one thing I hate the most, though, is when people post something up then ***** when they get negative feedback. Had like..two people do that so far. XD

Oh, btw, thanks for the new sig. : )

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
That video is pretty bad.. It really doesn't serve any point. You failed at making a "music video" as you imply by having too many things that weren't dance move orientated. ROB could make a great music video considering all of his moves are 80s dance classics, but nope, you didn't make a "music video" at all. It seemed like you were trying to make a highlights video more than anything, and if that's the case, you failed even harder at that.
Dont worry, i didn't expect everyone to like it. Cuz theres always a one person that thinks otherwise. Just ur opinion. No one is gonna love everybody. I would of gave props if it was constructive criticism but its obvious ur hating. And if u was being constructive u need to point it out beside acting up. And i really dont care if u like it or not cuz its not a combo vid. Just me having fun and some things i wanna show ppl, and How my audio fits ROB perfectly.

any who to everyone that asks y i called it a music video, Its that a lot of combo videos is done with music "duh lolz" and i didn't have to much combos to calling a combo vid. Plus may this be the first for those who also want to start making "MUSIC VIDEOS" in a similar format in mines but yet keep it traditional to a character video. ^_^

Sudai

Stuff here
lmao at criticizing johns, Toasty.

HoM, don't take it as a personal attack or anything and I probably would have been constructive but there's just too many people that come through the ROB boards trying to make a name for themselves with crappy material. I've given the same criticism over and over, but no one ever reads back and I got sick of giving the same **** over and over so now I'm all cynical and stuff. Glad to know you can at least take the hating, though. That earns brownie points. Oh, and before you ask, no brownie points are -not- redeemable for brownies. D:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Haha poor HAB...

It's cool if you wanna post your video in here for people to look at, but please just post it in 1 spot on the ROB boards instead of in 4 different threads. Remember, first impressions are important and spamming up our boards (which most of us check faithfully) with your video is not a good way to earn our respect. Either way, welcome to the ROB boards!

btw Sudai, love the new sig :)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Well, regardless of what you think of his video or the tactics he used to post it, I've played Ph.D. a few times with my Olimar and he's not bad at all. He's a really cool guy, too.

Sudai

Stuff here
Where did I ever say anything about him as a person or his play style? :p

It's the video and the fact that he posted it in 4 spots that I have a problem with. XD

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
lmao at criticizing johns, Toasty.

HoM, don't take it as a personal attack or anything and I probably would have been constructive but there's just too many people that come through the ROB boards trying to make a name for themselves with crappy material. I've given the same criticism over and over, but no one ever reads back and I got sick of giving the same **** over and over so now I'm all cynical and stuff. Glad to know you can at least take the hating, though. That earns brownie points. Oh, and before you ask, no brownie points are -not- redeemable for brownies. D:
kay, i'll keep that in mind
Haha poor HAB...

It's cool if you wanna post your video in here for people to look at, but please just post it in 1 spot on the ROB boards instead of in 4 different threads. Remember, first impressions are important and spamming up our boards (which most of us check faithfully) with your video is not a good way to earn our respect. Either way, welcome to the ROB boards!

btw Sudai, love the new sig :)
HAHA ...odd welcome thnx

Where did I ever say anything about him as a person or his play style? :p

It's the video and the fact that he posted it in 4 spots that I have a problem with. XD
its aight HAB i agree with wat u saying. I'm already an established ROB player here in NY, just need to start going to OoS tourneys so my name is already set Sudai. But u and JCaesar is right. U dont like it that i post it everywhere. But u gotta remember. If not much other players know who you are in smashboards, ppl tend to over look it. Im just making sure i got my message across. and like i said. It aint a combo vid so u dont have to like it lolz

Top Bottom