• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LittleBigPlanet

Puddin

Smash Lord
You can pick yours up as soon as they open? I have to call mine to learn when to go get mine.

Ramboknife

Smash Cadet
I actually got it yesterday around 5pm...didn't even go there intending on buying, but saw it behind the counter and asked for it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Everyone, start posting your first few hour impressions. I want to see how the game is doing.

Puddin

Smash Lord
My Gamestop hasn't gotten it yet, they expect it around Noon or One. I can only hope...

Any news on the servers yet?

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
<rant>

OK, so I went to GameStop around eleven, picked up my game, everything is fine. Get home, pick up my blue preorder card to peel the sticker off and redeem the code, and the sticky part has fused to the card. I'm using borderline surgical precision trying to peel the thing off, and it rips. All I get are the last four digits of the code. So, I spend another hour driving back into town to get another card (got one of the newer brown ones). I peel it, and it comes off good. Rush home to put the code in, and apparently it's already been used, which it hasn't. I call up Sony and spend 15 minutes listening to an automated voice shill GT5:p until I remember Sony has no way to contact an actual person via their hotline. Fired off an email now...this is ridiculous; I just want what I paid for.

</rant>

Other than that, I'm sure the game will be fantastic when I actually have enought time to sit down and play it.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Just picked up my Gamestop preorder, and with a few random trade-ins I took it home for about $2.50. Just waiting for my fiancee to get home so I can fire it up (she'd hate me for starting without her).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
<rant>

OK, so I went to GameStop around eleven, picked up my game, everything is fine. Get home, pick up my blue preorder card to peel the sticker off and redeem the code, and the sticky part has fused to the card. I'm using borderline surgical precision trying to peel the thing off, and it rips. All I get are the last four digits of the code. So, I spend another hour driving back into town to get another card (got one of the newer brown ones). I peel it, and it comes off good. Rush home to put the code in, and apparently it's already been used, which it hasn't. I call up Sony and spend 15 minutes listening to an automated voice shill GT5:p until I remember Sony has no way to contact an actual person via their hotline. Fired off an email now...this is ridiculous; I just want what I paid for.

</rant>

Other than that, I'm sure the game will be fantastic when I actually have enought time to sit down and play it.
You didn't pay for it. The card was extra for pre-ordering it.

K64

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if people will make internet episodes off of LittleBig Planet like Red Vs. Blue.
Dang, I wish I had a job.

The Executive

Smash Lord
You didn't pay for it. The card was extra for pre-ordering it.
When something is advertised as "you can only obtain item X if you pay Y money towards item Z" then you are essentially paying for item X. I could have saved my $5, but I plunked down in order to buy item X, which Gamestop has been running commercials specifically advertising.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Stephen Fry voices a character in Fable 2 as well, love his voice. Hoping for some good Black Friday PS3 deals... with this finally out, and Dark Knight coming out on Blu-Ray in early December... it's about time to get a Blu-Ray player.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
When something is advertised as "you can only obtain item X if you pay Y money towards item Z" then you are essentially paying for item X. I could have saved my $5, but I plunked down in order to buy item X, which Gamestop has been running commercials specifically advertising.
No no. Gamestop paid for those. They used their advertising bucks to secure those exclusive items so you'd spend your $60 on their copy of LittleBigPlanet, which equals more money for them, not Sony.

Puddin

Smash Lord
<rant>

</rant>

Thank god I'm not the only one this has happened too, I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't just make it a scratch off rather than covering the code with a sticker, which we ALL know peels.

You can imagine my disappointment when my code is missing almost every digit. I've yet to go to Gamestop to get a new code, hoping to do so tomorrow, or at least when servers are up.

So far so good, making levels is hard as hell, quality levels that is. Started a level I had intended to make a decent play online and four hours later was still only half way done with what I had hoped to create, and at half my standards for the first half. Maybe I should lower the standards of my own imagination? Still making levels is as fun as playing them.

I love making angry faces and hitting my friends with my Sack.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Great co-op multiplayer. I haven't gone into the creation aspect yet, as I've been at the ASU game, but what I've played of the story so far has been amazing. The game looks great, plays great, and has a huge deal of complexity under it's cute exterior. Plus, it's not TOO easy. I appreciate that.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Servers are up guys, play your game and you'll me prompted to download the latest version of the software for LBP. I.E. Online.

@Crimsonking: hahah.

I've been playing Megaman so much recently that LBP always tricks me into thinking I have a few seconds of invulnerability after being hit/sent to check point. Which is a major problem when I'm fighting bosses and think (I'll run out and get this last hit will I can't be hurt" and then 'poof' Sackboy is dead.

This game's checkpoints can be harsh as well, usually taunting you just seconds away while your last checkpoint does the same with it's constant warnings of your last life.

And what about OldSack? Or Sackiroth? Although I'm not as interested in the latter. Sackboy, an even more endless source of sexual jokes then the Nintendo Wii.

So Stephen Fry is the british bloke that has so warmly introduced me into the world of Little Big Planet? That guys a hoot.

Nevermind, Servers aren't up I have no idea what the update was about.

The Executive

Smash Lord
No no. Gamestop paid for those. They used their advertising bucks to secure those exclusive items so you'd spend your $60 on their copy of LittleBigPlanet, which equals more money for them, not Sony.
Argh. Fine. I just want my Demon Skull level so I can toss innocents into the pit of fire.

So does Cashed.
*laugh*

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
God, I want to go home and play this now. I also have Dead Space to play...

derek.haines

Smash Ace
My little code thingy ripped too. I'll probably go back down to Gamestop to see if they've got a spare they can give me, but otherwise it's a loss--not a huge one, but still a loss.

Puddin

Smash Lord
It was an elaborately set up joke as well. I'm just kidding, I just love hitting my friends with little sack people.

I'm almost done with the level I mentioned I was working on..

Puddin

Smash Lord
Nope, not until the servers are up. Which they are not. Which makes me sad because I want to share this level I've been working on for nearly 24 hours. Since I got the game. It's really turning out nicely, not as complex or neat as the designer levels but I'd say decent for my first real level.

The Executive

Smash Lord
So, my code should not work, right?
Yeah. According to Kotaku...

Kotaku said:
While the game is available for play, official word is that the servers come online the week of Oct. 27. That's tomorrow at the earliest. Also, many of you have said the pre-order codes for DLC do not work. I don't have the game, but maybe that's related to the servers not being online yet. Sit tight, folks. It's a hell of a game you can play offline for a couple of days.
I am so relieved...I haven't even unwrapped my copy yet, but come Wednesday, when the servers are up and my Cal test is over, I am firing this sucker up. It's a good time to own a PS3.

Also, how long does GameStop hold pre-orders? I was planning on picking up Fallout 3 Tuesday afternoon, but I had to lend my parents $30 and may or may not have enough money come Tuesday.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Also, how long does GameStop hold pre-orders? I was planning on picking up Fallout 3 Tuesday afternoon, but I had to lend my parents $30 and may or may not have enough money come Tuesday.
24 hours. After that, your copy is up for grabs. Your money is still put towards the game, but your receipt is removed from the copy of the game it was taped to and the copy of the game is sold to whoever wants it.

The Executive

Smash Lord
'K then. I don't care if my copy is sold, I just don't want to lose the $5 I put toward the game. I'll probably get the game early November when more money comes in.

@People who have already used the editor: I heard rumors that the toolset in the beta editor was incomplete and there are more tools in the actual retail one. Is this true? It seemed some of the official levels in the beta (Demon Skull in particular) had things that would have been impossible or extremely tedious with the beta editor. (the perfectly symmetrical omega symbol throughout the level makes me think there's a mirroring tool or a way to etch a shape into a material)

Puddin

Smash Lord
'K then. I don't care if my copy is sold, I just don't want to lose the $5 I put toward the game. I'll probably get the game early November when more money comes in.

@People who have already used the editor: I heard rumors that the toolset in the beta editor was incomplete and there are more tools in the actual retail one. Is this true? It seemed some of the official levels in the beta (Demon Skull in particular) had things that would have been impossible or extremely tedious with the beta editor. (the perfectly symmetrical omega symbol throughout the level makes me think there's a mirroring tool or a way to etch a shape into a material)
There is a function that allows you to save custom items you've made, so whenever you feel like adding that later or in a new level you just pull up the menu and your old item is right there for use to tour hearts content. That might now have been in the beta.

Fingers Crossed for open servers tomorrow.

Love the music in the Dancer level in India, same stuff from Sackzilla trailer great song.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wait, there's a story mode??

Everything I've read about this game suggested that it's a complex level-creation tool with very basic platforming mechanics with which to play the levels. However, after reading some of your comments, I think my impression of this game is off. Can someone who has played it please describe it to me?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Story mode is essential, without it you couldn't make many worth while levels. Playing through the story mode unlocks different obstacles, materials, and items that can be used in the Level Creator. The story has something to do with some jerk stealing the creations of the "Master Creators" and your job is to find out who, and why, and of course to stop them. The story mode also unlocks various costumes and accessories for your Sackperson.

Basically, you play the story, unlock new items, make new levels with said items. And play online with 3 other people around the world. Brilliant, simple, fun.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
One level was actually really hard for me (compared to the previous levels), and I just started out. I like that.

The game is a blast. You really feel happy playing it. I can't wait to see how well it does in Japan.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
One level was actually really hard for me (compared to the previous levels), and I just started out. I like that.

The game is a blast. You really feel happy playing it. I can't wait to see how well it does in Japan.
This game looks like it's going to do pretty well universally. It's one of two games I want for the PS3, but I can't justify a 600 dollar purchase with just that...

Puddin

Smash Lord
This game looks like it's going to do pretty well universally. It's one of two games I want for the PS3, but I can't justify a 600 dollar purchase with just that...
Maybe not so much in the Middle East though? Really though the delay seems like nothing now.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
God, there's so much to the PS3 these days it's insane... I'd give the games a second look if I were you, there's probably really more than 2 games that could spark your interest.

Customizing my Sackboy is becoming a bit of an obsession. I love in-game avatars, and this one just let's you run wild with it.

PSN ID: lazymangaka

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
God, there's so much to the PS3 these days it's insane... I'd give the games a second look if I were you, there's probably really more than 2 games that could spark your interest.

Customizing my Sackboy is becoming a bit of an obsession. I love in-game avatars, and this one just let's you run wild with it.

PSN ID: lazymangaka
Keep in mind that any FPS's for the PS3 will probably not interest me since I prefer PC FPS controls infinitely more to consoles. No real reason, just because they're better.:chuckle:

Top Bottom