• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
What do you people think his intro trailer will be? (you know, like the rosalina thing)

Check out the one used by Little-Mac!!
Just scroll up the page.
You can make an icon with that. I'm asking for one to be made in the Roster Maker thread.
well thank you:D

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Some thoughts on the stage.....

I think we can all agree it's a Punch-Out stage. What is interesting about it is why did they show it off early? The first reason I could see was that Little Mac was planned to be shown at E3 but was pulled for whatever reason. It's possible; however, all of the other stages were not shown off until their specific character trailer. The Megaman stage wasn't shown until Megaman was revealed. The Wii Fit stage wasn't shown off until Wii Fit Trainer was shown. The other thought is it was shown because it's not obvious. Though many people here figure it is a Punch-Out stage (and I agree with) it is not very obvious. It has a lot of Smash stuff so it's not easy to pin it down 100% to Punch-Out. Plausible deniability.

One thing I have worried about is perhaps Mac isn't in the game. It's not the first time we;ve had a stage and no character. Though I'm worried, perhaps it is not the case. In the Nintendo Direct, the Boxing ring did not have any music playing in the back ground. Interesting

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Some thoughts on the stage.....

I think we can all agree it's a Punch-Out stage. What is interesting about it is why did they show it off early? The first reason I could see was that Little Mac was planned to be shown at E3 but was pulled for whatever reason. It's possible; however, all of the other stages were not shown off until their specific character trailer. The Megaman stage wasn't shown until Megaman was revealed. The Wii Fit stage wasn't shown off until Wii Fit Trainer was shown. The other thought is it was shown because it's not obvious. Though many people here figure it is a Punch-Out stage (and I agree with) it is not very obvious. It has a lot of Smash stuff so it's not easy to pin it down 100% to Punch-Out. Plausible deniability.

One thing I have worried about is perhaps Mac isn't in the game. It's not the first time we;ve had a stage and no character. Though I'm worried, perhaps it is not the case. In the Nintendo Direct, the Boxing ring did not have any music playing in the back ground. Interesting
Nice catch, you do hear the crowd cheering though, might indicate there is no music on the stage, but probably not... that would just be odd

LF2K

Floor Diver
If they played the Punch-Out!! theme, it would have been a dead giveaway. But since they didn't, they could keep yanking our chains each time the boxing ring was shown. :troll:

Wonder what the boxing ring's final name will be? Maybe "Smash Circuit"?

Letterbomb

Smash Rookie
Genuine question here that I've been wondering since the NeoGAF rumor: If Little Mac were to be a playable character, why would the boxing ring stage we've seen be more geared toward Smash Bros. in general (sporting its logo and such) rather than the Punch-Out!! series specifically? Something about that just seems off. Not to say that he couldn't have other stages, but his supporters seem to take this particular stage as evidence for his inclusion, whereas I feel it suggests otherwise.

LF2K

Floor Diver
My guess is that they wanted to make a boxing ring themed after Super Smash Bros. because the fight going on is technically a Smash Bros. fight. It's not really a boxing match, so having a bunch of W.V.B.A banners wouldn't match Little Mac slugging non-boxers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A good point.
But to go a bit more in-depth on the matter:
Because in Punch Out there are Minor, Major, and World Circuits. The ring stage, while it holds references to all of these circuits, is technically neither of them. So I believe it's a new circuit of its own. A SMASH BROS. circuit, if you will, where Smash Bros. rules apply.

Why they wouldn't do the same with Pokemon Stadiums is beyond me, but in Pokemon Stadium stages, only Pokemon characters are shown (Which are many), perhaps in the boxing ring, characters other than Little Mac might show up. (Fighter Hayabusa? Harry from Teleroboxer? Heck, even Event Matches with K.Rool, Mii, or Dedede?)

LF2K

Floor Diver
The "Smash Circuit". Watch that be the final name. :p

Perhaps the other Punch-Out boxers might pop in. Aran Ryan could shout "Ya do look Irish!" and smack people with his tether glove.

LF2K

Floor Diver
What do you people think his intro trailer will be? (you know, like the rosalina thing)
The Wii FIt Trainer is leading Mario, Link, and Kirby on a jog through the streets of New York. She's jogging at a brisk pace, but she turns around to see them struggling behind. She face palms and sighs as the three of them look pathetic. All of the sudden, Doc Louis taps her on the shoulder, and points behind him. The camera shifts to a small guy in a pink track suit shadow boxing at a extreme pace. As he finishes his flurry of punches, he removes his pink suit, and turns around to punch the camera. "LITTLE MAC PUNCHES IN!"

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch

Please, if anyone is annoyed by all of the posts containing the things i made, and updates for it etc. PLEASE tell me, okay? I'm just enthousiast about this and i like to make these things. I just kinda hope the things i make will be featured on the front page of the Little Mac section ^_^"

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Nonsense! Your enthusiasm is welcome here!
You know, maybe the Villager doesn't actually use boxing gloves in his moveset.
Maybe it's an item.
Who knows?

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
The Boxing Ring appears to be a Smash Bros. (series) stage. It has a Smash symbol in the middle of the mat, as well as "SMASH BROS." going around the banner up top. Series-specific stages never have Smash imagery in them; it ruins the illusion.

That said, I think Little Mac very much deserves a spot. He's a big face within Nintendo, and he adds something new to the roster (a character who actually fights for sport, as well as one who uses only their fists). Here's hoping for Lil' Mac.
Could be a placeholder, because they don't want to outright spoil Mac's appearance.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A good point.
But to go a bit more in-depth on the matter:
Because in Punch Out there are Minor, Major, and World Circuits. The ring stage, while it holds references to all of these circuits, is technically neither of them. So I believe it's a new circuit of its own. A SMASH BROS. circuit, if you will, where Smash Bros. rules apply.
I don't understand why more people don't understand this bit.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
in the new pic of the day is an update shown for the boxing ring, but nothing interesting though.. but you can use the ropes to jump like yiu're using a spring

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think it pretty much confirms it's a Punch-Out stage. Aran Ryan used the ropes as a spring in the Wii game.

And the "Smash Bros." banners look very similar to the NES title screen.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About time Sakurai said something about the boxing ring stage. So, characters cannot bounce off the ropes from the sides... wrestling characters deconfirmed. No Pro Wrestling characters and the wrestler from Rhythm Heaven... so the bouncy ropes are based on what Aran Ryan did in the Wii game? That's interesting...

LF2K

Floor Diver
I bet Aran Ryan's boxing glove whip will be a new item. Or Doc Louis will be an Assist Trophy where he runs people down on Mac's bike. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
About time Sakurai said something about the boxing ring stage. So, characters cannot bounce off the ropes from the sides... wrestling characters deconfirmed. No Pro Wrestling characters and the wrestler from Rhythm Heaven... so the bouncy ropes are based on what Aran Ryan did in the Wii game? That's interesting...
Hmm.. that's interesting. Does it really hint no wrestling characters in the roster? It seems so.

I think it pretty much confirms it's a Punch-Out stage. Aran Ryan used the ropes as a spring in the Wii game.

And the "Smash Bros." banners look very similar to the NES title screen.
Yeah the font does indeed look very similar.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Can we get a video link of Aran Ryan jumping off the ropes for the OP?

D

Deleted member

1:56

Though he's interrupted so I don't know what his attack is.

EDIT: Lol, ninja'd.

LF2K

Floor Diver
He uses the rope to propel himself, then he headbutts Mac. But you can stun him if you time it right. At least we both knew were to look. :p

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If it wasn't clear enough already... again more stuff that points towards this being a Punch-Out!! stage.

If Mac's in or not this IS a Punch-Out!! stage, no doubt about it.

I just want him to be revealed SO badly, I've been waiting for him since Melee and to not get him in Brawl crushed me. I wanted Geno for Brawl but knew it was an unlikely character and I was mostly just riding the hype train of him being possible (I've wanted him to come back to Mario let alone be in Smash since I played Mario RPG), but Mac was my "sure thing" last time I really thought with Pit being playable Mac was inevitable... I was young and hopeful back then, now I'm pessimistic and biter about the roster, Sakurai better pull through this time though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't know why people are suddenly coming to realizations about whether the Punch Out!! ring is a Punch Out!! stage after an update that changes absolutely nothing.

It makes perfect sense that characters can't propel themselves horizontally from the ropes, considering the Smash controls don't allow them to walk backward into the ropes for additional force. Smash controls do, however, allow for jumping off of the ropes' tops, so that's what happens in-game. No more, no less.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Some people are still hellbent that the boxing ring is King Dedede's from Kirby Super Star.

Is it me, or has Mr. Sakurai given us a cryptic hint about the stage's true identity? Mario was the ref in the NES Punch-Out!!, and he sure does show up a lot in pictures of the ring. Even when the game was first trailer came out, Mario was in the ring!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Some people are still hellbent that the boxing ring is King Dedede's from Kirby Super Star.

Is it me, or has Mr. Sakurai given us a cryptic hint about the stage's true identity? Mario was the ref in the NES Punch-Out!!, and he sure does show up a lot in pictures of the ring. Even when the game was first trailer came out, Mario was in the ring!
Likely a coincidence, but I suppose it's possible.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Can we get a video link of Aran Ryan jumping off the ropes for the OP?
The two videos posted show Aran pulling back on the ropes to propel himself forward not him jumping off of the ropes.

The stage is a Smash Bros stage. It says Super Smash Brothers on the ground. It isn't a Punch Out stage or a Kirby stage.

However, Sakurai knows what he's doing. He's ****ing with us by showing a boxing ring and not showing Little Mac. Just like he's ****ing with us using the Pyroshere stage and neither confirming nor de-confirming Ridley.

I feel it's likely this stage will be part of the game's story mode and serve as Little Mac's introduction.

D

Deleted member

I support Mac! Why am I not ITT?

Anyway, I had a moveset for him, I'll post it once I go hunting for it.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm going to have to respectably disagree. There's plenty of evidence it's a Punch-Out stage .

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
was anyone else here a pre brawl mac supporter? if you so do you remember back when there were disscussions on which appearance mac would use? lol this time around its no contest...but for some reason I had a flash back of those times recently. speaking of....anybody else find it odd that NOA now seems to say that the main character of super punch out IS little mac?

Top Bottom