• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Louie G.

Smash Hero
True. Mac has potential and another character having one boxing move taken from their own game doesn't really mean anything. My thoughts on Mac are based on the assumption that the boxing move is indeed a reference to him. If Sakurai were to come out and say that it's taken from the "Boxing Theme" instead, then I'd definitely see Mac as one of the most likely newcomers. But correct me if I'm wrong: The Boxing Theme in AC doesn't include gloves, does it? That's really why I think the move is most likely from Mac.
No, it doesn't.
I was trying to avoid that. :p
But still, boxing gloves are very generic in the long run, don't you agree? They can be used by so many different characters.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think it is a question of IF Lil Mac is making it in, but rather WHEN.

Crowd and arena definitely from Punch Out!!

D

Deleted member

I'm willing to bet that Villager only uses boxing gloves to emphasize that Villager does not fight using his own two hands and feet, but rather uses tools and other items up his disposal. Thus being a borderline Technical Pacifist.

D

Deleted member

I've seen the crowd for a while. They don't really match PO Wii's crowds. Then again, they don't really have to.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Generic human models are enough to boost Mac's chances.

They aren't Dreamland critters, which kills the DeDeDe's Ring argument.
And they aren't generic Miis, but its not like the Miis needs anymore nods, which also kill the Wii Sports' Ring argument.

Though I'm sure you guys probably touched on these points already, seeing how your 36 pages deep.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it is a question of IF Lil Mac is making it in, but rather WHEN.

Crowd and arena definitely from Punch Out!!
The crowd in Punch Out!! are just shadows. However, the Punch Out!! references are apparent. It seems to be the World Circuit as there is green lighting, as shown by the beginning of this:
And the crowd disconfirms the possibility of it being the Wii Sports Boxing arena or King Dedede's Boxing Arena (the latter was disconfirmed a long time ago, though; also, I bet King Dedede would have been a bit more egotistical if this was his stage). So yeah, it's a Punch Out!! stage.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The crowd in Punch Out!! are just shadows. However, the Punch Out!! references are apparent. It seems to be the World Circuit as there is green lighting, as shown by the beginning of this:
And the crowd disconfirms the possibility of it being the Wii Sports Boxing arena or King Dedede's Boxing Arena (the latter was disconfirmed a long time ago, though; also, I bet King Dedede would have been a bit more egotistical if this was his stage). So yeah, it's a Punch Out!! stage.
Crowds in Punch Out!! are typically generic, even if they are just shadows in the Wii version the (which could just be the lighting purposefully dim to draw the players eye only in the ring)

As long as they are humans its a boost for Mac. At least i would assume so.
I remember the green light theatrics from Punch Out Wii's Sandman match! Nice catch.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I've never played any Punch Out but I definitely support Little Mac. He really deserves to get in and Smash could use a boxer. I haven't necessarily kept up with this thread so I'm not sure what detractors have to say, but to those people I have to say "screw those guys".

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've never played any Punch Out but I definitely support Little Mac. He really deserves to get in and Smash could use a boxer. I haven't necessarily kept up with this thread so I'm not sure what detractors have to say, but to those people I have to say "screw those guys".
We're in the same boat here bruh.

BTW was anyone able to make out what it says on the banner over the smash logo on the arena? I see a couple stars but I've also noticed there are some text, but i haven't found any pictures that that displays the banner clearly
Look under Mario's ass cheek, I think its "CH" possibly spelling out Champion idk.

D

Deleted member

Crowds in Punch Out!! are typically generic, even if they are just shadows in the Wii version the (which could just be the lighting purposefully dim to draw the players eye only in the ring)

As long as they are humans its a boost for Mac. At least i would assume so.
I remember the green light theatrics from Punch Out Wii's Sandman match! Nice catch.
That makes sense that they would do that so that the crowd doesn't become distracting. Though, Donkey Kong is rather distracting… I sometimes lose focus on the fight when I see him in the audience.

Thanks!

As for the banner in your other post, I would assume that it would say "Champion" or something to that effect. I also looked at the area outside of the boxing ring:
(skip to about 1:30)
It just simply says "Smash Bros." Nothing big, but I would like to point that out.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Something i made just for fun, enjoy!
[edit]I know the little mac shadow is a bit too dark but it was too late for me to edit it then, if someone could it would be great;)
[edit] i just realised little mac should have a bit thingey like villager megaman etcXD but at least his page looks fine:)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
and also, i would love to be added to the suporter list
Glad to hear your a supporter welcome to smash boards by the way

Now then as for me with the crowd actually i do think its the crowd from punch out wii. And not to mention theres more evidence

1. The lasers in Sandman's enterance in punch out wii matches the lasers in Mario's picture in the arena.
  2. The stars on the arena theres 3 just like the ones on the loading screen circles in punch out wii.
  3. The bungee cords are the same color design on the arena just like the major circuit rings cords. And boxing rings have 4 cords when wrestling has 3
  4. When soda is down and you get the above view of him theres a ribbon in the middle of the ring and the arena Has one just like it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
[edit]I know the little mac shadow is a bit too dark but it was too late for me to edit it then, if someone could it would be great;)
[edit] i just realised little mac should have a bit thingey like villager megaman etcXD but at least his page looks fine:)
I love this design for Mac.
I for one hated his Brawl model. This model is more true to his Punch Out!! Wii incarnation, and that's what I want.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know.
The head was the worst part about the Brawl model.
The body was fine, but that face is not Mac.
There wasn't much to go off of at that time though, since Mac's official design for Punch Out Wii hadn't come out by then. After the release of Punch Out Wii, yeah it looks pretty bad.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Does anyone actually have a decent 3D roster icon for Mac? All of them that I've seen are kinda...lackluster.
Check out the one used by Little-Mac!!
Just scroll up the page.
You can make an icon with that. I'm asking for one to be made in the Roster Maker thread.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Little Mac can make use of an all boxing moveset but he'd have to do a few "dirty tatics", just not the ones his foes pull off.

I can imagine his side special being something akin to a special move of a certain other fighting game boxer where he does a twirling dodge and punch, maybe holding to the left to hit behind him. And I always imagine his Down Special being a counter that stuns the opponent afterwards leaving them open.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
We're in the same boat here bruh.

BTW was anyone able to make out what it says on the banner over the smash logo on the arena? I see a couple stars but I've also noticed there are some text, but i haven't found any pictures that that displays the banner clearly
Look under Mario's *** cheek, I think its "CH" possibly spelling out Champion idk.
Um, yeah, the "ch" is pretty clear there. For those of you who don't see it, its directly above the part that says, "Super Smash Brothers." The end of whatever word it is is visible in one of Link's pics on the site, clear enough to see that there's a letter but not clear enough to see which letter.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
You guys can definitely count me as a supporter of Little Mac for SSB4. I've wanted Little Mac in Smash since Melee. I was hoping he would be playable in Brawl, but with Punch-Out for Wii, I almost guarantee he's making it in this time. And when I saw that ring in the trailer, I immediately thought Punch-Out(or NES Pro Wrestling :smirk:)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man... if those faces are really from Smash Wii U...

...that's awful. Those faces look like Clayface, not people, and it looks about 20 years outdated.
I'm willing to bet that Villager only uses boxing gloves to emphasize that Villager does not fight using his own two hands and feet, but rather uses tools and other items up his disposal. Thus being a borderline Technical Pacifist.
This is what I've been thinking as well.

Sakurai is really keeping to his word from that "Iwata Asks" that he doesn't view the Villager as a "fighter", despite giving him boxing gloves!!! :rotfl:

In other words, Sakurai views the Villager as a gimmick, not a fighter (not that it's good or bad either way).

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
For me, I feel very confident he will get in, from the leak to the boxing stage, it's pretty much guarenteed at this point.
Though my reaction? Meh, but I wanna see how Little Mac plays.
I'm pretty sure the boxing stage is based off of Kirby.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its great man just one thing it needs to be a 3 character rectangle and a poster on the other end

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
An Update on the pic (better colour and shadow, also letters kinda better)
(Check out my avatar to look how it looks in it's (almost) actual size)

And an 3 character rectangle (but no poster yet, dunno what to do with that)

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
In regards to everyone's speculations as to what they boxing ring and the gloves with Villager means, here's my take.
The Villager using Boxing Gloves does not de-confirm Little Mac.
However, the boxing ring does not confirm him either.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You know, I was just thinking recently about how comparable Marth and Little Mac are since they both have only one method of fighting (swordplay and boxing). And if you've ever seen where Marth's moves come from (here's a really good video on it, I would also recommend his G&W one), you know that Sakurai could definitely find enough to work with. And, with how much of a fan favorite Marth is, I have a nice bit of faith in Sakurai to make Little Mac fun to play as.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The Boxing Ring appears to be a Smash Bros. (series) stage. It has a Smash symbol in the middle of the mat, as well as "SMASH BROS." going around the banner up top. Series-specific stages never have Smash imagery in them; it ruins the illusion.

That said, I think Little Mac very much deserves a spot. He's a big face within Nintendo, and he adds something new to the roster (a character who actually fights for sport, as well as one who uses only their fists). Here's hoping for Lil' Mac.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The Boxing Ring appears to be a Smash Bros. (series) stage. It has a Smash symbol in the middle of the mat, as well as "SMASH BROS." going around the banner up top. Series-specific stages never have Smash imagery in them; it ruins the illusion.

That said, I think Little Mac very much deserves a spot. He's a big face within Nintendo, and he adds something new to the roster (a character who actually fights for sport, as well as one who uses only their fists). Here's hoping for Lil' Mac.
That ring has so many punch out references it isn't even funny. It's a Punch Out Stage in the Smash Circuit, guaranteed.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
That ring is a hands down punch out ring, I've only rented Punch out for one weekend and I can reconise all the key similarities to both.

Top Bottom