• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why isn't anyone comparing his height as the Assist Trophy in Brawl? I strongly believe that will be his height in Smash 4 as well.

D

Deleted member

Why isn't anyone comparing his height as the Assist Trophy in Brawl? I strongly believe that will be his height in Smash 4 as well.
Then he'd stand as tall as Wario, who is barely Mario's size in Brawl. Little Mac would really be little.

D

Deleted member

But...Little Mac isn't that "little". It's just he's little compared to the giant boxers in the WVBA. (And his previous smaller size has been retconned in the Wii game; don't get me wrong, he's still small compared to his opponents, but he's not that small)
He's the same size as a Charizard now, if that means anything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But...Little Mac isn't that "little". It's just he's little compared to the giant boxers in the WVBA. (And his previous smaller size has been retconned in the Wii game; don't get me wrong, he's still small compared to his opponents, but he's not that small)
He's the same size as a Charizard now, if that means anything.
Isn't Charizard about as tall as Samus, who's about 6 ft something? (Not canonically. In Smash)

D

Deleted member

Isn't Charizard about as tall as Samus, who's about 6 ft something? (Not canonically. In Smash)
No. Charizard is 5 ft. 7 in. just like Mac is in the Wii Punch-Out.
EDIT: Oh, in Smash. Still no. Charizard is smaller than Samus, though may be around the size of Zero Suit Samus instead.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's worth noting that he's called Little Mac because of the NES game Punch-Out!! depicting him very small compared to the other boxers, mainly due to hardware limitations preventing the arcade version of Punch-Out!! from being emulated correctly.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
It's worth noting that he's called Little Mac because of the NES game Punch-Out!! depicting him very small compared to the other boxers, mainly due to hardware limitations preventing the arcade version of Punch-Out!! from being emulated correctly.
That's very true and he's more realistic in other games. He's still smaller than all the other fighters due to the NES version. Its kinda like Cloud in FFVII where they made his sword huge because of the graphical limitations of the playstation.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm... perhaps Sakurai could look into Hitmonchan for some ideas for Little Mac?

D

Deleted member

Unless you're suggesting that Mac be able to have elemental punches, I don't see how Hitmonchan can possibly influence Mac that something else couldn't already.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hey, was this character not in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening as a mini boss? For me, he is one of the hardest bosses in the Zelda series... I still remember that uppercut move he does that sends you back to the entrance of the dungeon... I hated that.

Anyway, though I doubt I would use him, I do think it would be cool to have Little Mac as a playable character in Smash 4, even though I have not played a single game in his respective series. He would definitely stand out amongst the cast, in mine opinion.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hey, was this character not in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening as a mini boss? For me, he is one of the hardest bosses in the Zelda series... I still remember that uppercut move he does that sends you back to the entrance of the dungeon... I hated that.

Anyway, though I doubt I would use him, I do think it would be cool to have Little Mac as a playable character in Smash 4, even though I have not played a single game in his respective series. He would definitely stand out amongst the cast, in mine opinion.
Naw, that wasn't Little Mac... it was a dude named Blaino. And yes, he was frustrating as all hell.

It's kind of funny how a dude who uses a real-life martial art actually does stand out among the colorful Nintendo cast. It'd be nice to have Mac in, for sure. Fun to see what they'd do with him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For those who support Little Mac, are you guys re-playing any Punch-Out games in anticipation for Little Mac's possible confirmation five weeks from now?

I think Little Mac has a good shot at being among the first newcomers confirmed for Smash 4.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For those who support Little Mac, are you guys re-playing any Punch-Out games in anticipation for Little Mac's possible confirmation five weeks from now?

I think Little Mac has a good shot at being among the first newcomers confirmed for Smash 4.
I'm currently playing the original Punch Out! Virtual Console on my Wii U and in the process of replaying everything on Punch Out Wii.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing it a bit for a different reason.
I'm still stuck on TD Don Flamenco. -_-

Though my attention is currently on Geist, as I'm borrowing that from a friend of mine.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've been playing it a bit for a different reason.
I'm still stuck on TD Don Flamenco. -_-

Though my attention is currently on Geist, as I'm borrowing that from a friend of mine.
Don.... Flamenco...? *Withholds satirical laughter*

No, seriously, what's holding you back from beating that n00b? I'd love to give any advice. I'm on Soda Popenski....

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Don.... Flamenco...? *Withholds satirical laughter*

No, seriously, what's holding you back from beating that n00b? I'd love to give any advice. I'm on Soda Popenski....
It's Title Defence, even Glass Joe can give you trouble if you aren't careful.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's Title Defence, even Glass Joe can give you trouble if you aren't careful.
Oh.....Sorry. I didn't realize that's what he was talking about.

@GoldenYuiitusin Please excuse my ignorance. *Bow*

Man.. I am such a newbie...

D

Deleted member

Yeah, TD really upped the ante with it's opponents, even ol' Joe.
If I'm having difficulty beating Don Flamenco on this mode, I can already tell going up against the ones after him will be Hell, since they're all hard to beat in just Contender mode. Especially Mr. Sandman. Not looking forward to his TD fight.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember when I fought TD Flamenco...I literally won due to a last-second knock down in Round 3, which sadly had to be won by decision.

I actually didn't find Sandman's as too much of a difficulty spike, oddly enough.

But once you get to...well, I'm not sure if this is a big spoiler or anything, but just in case...

Mac's Last Stand, DK is a real tough cookie...

D

Deleted member

I'm well aware of him. He doesn't really look too tough for some reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know. I personally had quite a few problems with him, but I eventually managed to beat him.

...and then lost the title to Glass Joe Soda Popinski...

D

Deleted member

*shudders* Soda Popinski....
Probably had the hardest time with him in Contender after Mr. Sandman. Mostly because of the tension I felt while fighting these two.
Against Macho Man, I was more relaxed. I was too conditioned to RELEASE THE BOGUS to worry. :laugh:
Bald Bull, there was some tension. I'd say he was hardest for me after Soda.
Aran Ryan just annoyed the PISS out of me. I won by Decision (the only one ever in my Career) because I couldn't frigging hit him enough to get a KO or a TKO. And then I learned how to hit him effectively after a while, which helped me with other fights, especially in Title Defense.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I will give Soda Popinski this...he had arguably the best fight theme. Russian choirs and orchestras, man. I'm a bass in my school choir, so I tend to appreciate things like that more than others tend to, but still. His theme kicks major ass.

Aran Ryan's and Von Kaiser's are really good, as well, although the former may just be the Irish in me.

And "Release the BOGUS" is the best thing ever. That is all. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

It's between Soda and Kaiser for me on the best theme.
It may be Kaiser to me because it's so out of place. An intimidating theme for such a weak opponent (or at least pre-Title Defense).

I like Ryan's theme as well (I've got a bit of Irish in me as well), though mainly the part in the pre-fight videos when looped (like in some Youtube Poops).

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
On the subject of themes i hope these two are chosen for macs stage, and perhaps a new version of the training theme, and a few remix's of some super punch out themes.

D

Deleted member

I'd say the "N**** Stole Mah Bike" Remix, but obviously, that one would not be used. Ever. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still love Disco Kid.

And wait til you get to Title Defense Ryan.

D

Deleted member

Considering that he'll be right after Flamenco, not long for me to wait. Just need to beat Flamenco first.

....after I finish Geist.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
It probably wouldnt be to hard to implement either, with pokemon trainer already being present anyway. Heck they could even use some of the voice clips from doc loui's punch out to cheer him on, while mixing in other chocolate laden quotes. It would be funny to see him joke at the other characters expense as well like he does in the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If nothing else Little Mac will return as an assist trophy and use his new design.

But I'd really like him to be playable.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
"that's the one I taught you"

EDIT: I just remembered, I still need to get punch out for my wii.

Top Bottom