• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Alternate Colors and Costumes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That's HOT

So happy

Can there be multiple colors of it though? Yeah, I know, but I wear a black sweatshirt in the boxing club so I want an alt for that. =P (Bonus points if the gloves are red)
I am certain that there will be alternate colors for the suit as it seems that "wire-frame" Mac was merely a palette-swap. So in the same way that Male Fit Trainer will more likely than not have alternate colors, sweat-suit Mac should.

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the heads up; it is my favorite costume in the game by far. I lost all hope for it after "wire-frame" Mac. I could not be happier!
You are welcome! That custome is also my favorite. I like the sweat suit, it suits little mac!
Can't wait for this game.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if he'll have a different entrance for this alt, it'd be kind of weird to have him remove his pink jumpsuit to have another pink jumpsuit underneath.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
It was obviously a wanted alt before he was even a character, And now we get all of Little Mac's appearances!

It also proves all characters only have 3 alts which is great since scrolling through all of Wario's palettes was pretty annoying.View attachment 17355
This doesn't prove the number of alts that a character can have at all. He's been shown to have 2 alts (Wireframe and Hooded). You can't really count the World Circuit skin they showed next to Hooded Mac as an alt, for while it's an actual skin from Punch-Out!! on the Wii, it's just a recolor/palette swap. It doesn't change the model, just the colors.

Although, this probably means that his entrance will be changed when he enters the stage in this costume as he usually enters an then chucks off the hoodie. Maybe it'll stay true to the games and he'll jog on stage while Doc is biking in front of him.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm so glad he got both this and the Wireframe.
When the Wireframe alt was shown, I thought all hope for the Hoodie was lost.
But no, Sakurai realized the amount of potential acts that Mac had, so he gave him both, not to mention a half-alt too in the World Circuit outfit.

Hopefully, he realizes the same with Link and gives him a 1 or 2 alts. Ocarina Link, Fierce Diety Link, and even Hyrule Warriors Link would all be great alts! And Mac's World Circuit outfit shows that a character can have a half-alt, and still have full alternate costumes, so this means good things for people like me who thought Link may not get a full alt, since he has his Skyloft Clothes as a half-alt.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Just to be clear, the wireframe is not a costume alt, it's just a texture swap. It's not any different from any other color alts in that regard because the model is still the exact same. He does NOT have TWO alt costumes, only one.

And the hoodie is a convenient exception, not the rule. They modeled it for his entrance, so they probably figured they might as well make it an alternative to use. Don't expect more like it.

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Just to be clear, the wireframe is not a costume alt, it's just a texture swap. It's not any different from any other color alts in that regard because the model is still the exact same. He does NOT have TWO alt costumes, only one.

And the hoodie is a convenient exception, not the rule. They modeled it for his entrance, so they probably figured they might as well make it an alternative to use. Don't expect more like it.
Well, the hoodie seemed to be an obvious alt, as it makes an appearance in the trailer, as well as in Punch-Out on the NES and Wii.

jigglover

Smash Lord

I would have to agree with this message. Especially because Sakurai said something along the lines of "we thought that Little Mac looked so good in his hoodie, so have it as a costume!"

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wonder if he'll have a different entrance for this alt, it'd be kind of weird to have him remove his pink jumpsuit to have another pink jumpsuit underneath.
No. He's magical and will rip off the sweat suit to reveal ANOTHER sweat suit!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I really didn't see this coming....does this make Little Mac the only character who will need to have 2 alternative entrance poses? o.o

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I did thought it would've been a waste not to include Pink Hoodie.
I was satisfied with it as an intro, but this makes me more satisfied.

All I'm missing in order for Little Mac to feel 100% complete is the SNES recolor. Or Major Circuit at least.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You know having two costumes isn't impossible right?

Wireframe Mac was said to be a COSTUME during the Smash direct. Btw.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman

Is it not an alt? The wireframe Mac is missing his tank top. How is that just a texture swap then?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Will his Final Smash also wear a hoodie? Or will it just be the normal skin everytime like Giga Bowser...?

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Originally I was just gonna go with orange Mac for my color. But now, forget that. Hoodie is where it's at. It just increases my potential to main him.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I was waiting for this costume to show up. Little Mac can OHKO uppercut players while wearing a pink hoodie. He has to be the most satisfying character to play as in the entire series.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
SO PUMPED THIS IS AN ALT COSTUME!!! Seriously I was a little bummed out that it was his entrance...I mean I was happy it was in the game and in his trailer but it's my most wanted alt for my most wanted character, couldn't be happier haha

Also todays pic could not have come at a better time! I'm working on a cosplay of littlemac for a con next weekend and I'm going as Pink Hoodie Mac!

I need to shave and i'm trying to find a hoodie that matches my pants and is closer to the color mac wears but this is it so far for anyone interested:
cosconnecticonlittlemac.jpg

Last edited:

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Little Mac takes his training very seriously, of course the man wears two sweat suits!

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Pretty nice cosplay, papagenos! Now you just need to get someone who looks like Doc Louis to ride a bike around you everywhere you go.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Unless we get a black hoodie I'm still gonna rock World Circuit/red gloves Mac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't count Wireframe Mac as an alternate costume, I never did and I still don't. I think everything implied its just a recolor of Little Mac. Even if the wireframe has its own recolors, its still just a transparent Little Mac, no additions at all. The Pink Hoodie I think IS Little Mac's alternate costume. The Hoodie will have its own recolors and that is his costume, and many other characters will have costumes too, but they won't have many, probably not more than one. (Although if K. Rool is in... ideally he'd really want those multiple costumes; I can't really imagine him getting anymore than just Kaptain though.)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
and many other characters will have costumes too
Don't count on it. This is the exception rather than the rule, since the hoodie was modeled for his entrance. Unless we end up getting something like this it's best not to expect alts beyond WFT, Villager, Wario and Mac.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
someone needs to make a gif of this when the game comes out. I will keep it forever in my favorites next to a sassy bird.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
I tried cutting it out (not that great but it's okay, it works better with a background though)
I made one literaly cut out and one with smoothened edges
little hoodie.png
little hoodie sharp.png

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Which doesn't mean anything against the idea of it counting as a costume.
i believe you
Don't count on it. This is the exception rather than the rule, since the hoodie was modeled for his entrance. Unless we end up getting something like this it's best not to expect alts beyond WFT, Villager, Wario and Mac.
You dont suppose Dr. Mario is making it in as an alt.? All of Pikahus and Jigglypuffs colours are costumes if we consider models changes as alt. costumes. (I dont think it really counts here tho..)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom