• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac Alternate Colors and Costumes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Every character has alternate colors, and Little Mac will be no exception. What do you think his will look like? This one is most obvious.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All of his palette swaps should be obvious choices.

Default, Major Circuit (pictured above), World Circuit, Champion/Title Defense, and Lil' Tucker.

Super Punch Out Mac would also be neat.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I'm not familiar with any costumes other than Little Mac's green-gloved outfit from Brawl, but I'm hoping that a wide array of them get referenced. As I mentioned in Little Mac's SSB4 Legacy thread, I would love it if one of Little Mac's outfits had the special secret Silver Boxing Gloves that you can get as a professional Mii in Wii Sports's Boxing mode by beating the boxing Champion Matt (or even a re-color to reference and resemble the Champion Matt, if one is willing to go that far). Along with Little Mac's classic green gloves, I'm hoping that traditional red gloves and blue gloves (as well as black gloves) all get featured in one of Little Mac's costumes.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am just hoping for his purple/pink sweat-suit, the same as Moon Monkey. I found this picture though, first result on Google...

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
The original Little Mac support thread had a bunch of recolors in the first few pages.

And yes, pink sweat-suit for the win.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not Little Mac but Punch Out related but I would like:

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Think about it, his color is neon green. Now imagine if you placed his costume in a bright and sunny area. He would be very hard to see, and in a green enviornment, he will be camouflaged as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see the issue. I doubt he'd make a costume that would blend in.
It'll work.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I noticed how hard it was to see him, as well. This hasn't really been an issue with past-costumes, with the closest contender probably being white-G&W, in that you can't see him flash when he's airdodging/has full bucket, or see him very well on brighter stages. This is completely different since you can see through it and the parts that you can see don't stand out very well or distinguish what part of the body you're looking at.

I doubt there would be any universal ban on it or anything like that, but I think there will have to be some Gentleman's rule on it, kind of like asking the opposing team in doubles to change to blue if they're playing Lucario/Sonic/etc.

That'd also make it hard for the player controlling him to see him as well.
In a competitive environment, most players are focusing on the other player, not themselves. A good player will rarely look at themselves, as they always know what their character is doing.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Little Mac to be wireframe fighter? Like in Melee?
This hasn't really been an issue with past-costumes, with the closest contender probably being white-G&W, in that you can't see him flash when he's airdodging/has full bucket, or see him very well on brighter stages. This is completely different since you can see through it and the parts that you can see don't stand out very well or distinguish what part of the body you're looking at.
Yeah the transparency played a major part in this, and it's what makes it an issue. Whether it's a major issue or not, they should've gone with NES Mac at least. Heck, I would've even been okay with SNES Mac over wireframe... But eh.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The Alt costumes would probably have other colors to use. So blending in with the background isn't that much of a problem.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If people were fine with Snake's microscopic mines over desaturated floors (such as FD's), I think nobody will complain about Wireframe Mac. :p

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Nobody had problems with Mr. Game and Watch on Melee's Battlefield, so I really don't think this is an issue.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
So Smash hasn't had a history of possessing an expansive amount of alternate costumes, amd I believe Wario is the only example of an alt. costume.

During the direct, they seemed so excited to present to us this THING called Wireframe Mac. This was described as ONE OF our costume choices (which Ill talk about later), but what I ask is: is this really even a costume? They way I define an alt costume is that it has to alter the characters model, asis the case with Wario, Male Fit Trainer and The Village People. Wireframe Mac fails to fit this criteria. This only makes his skin transparent with a grid. This is why Daisy Peach is just a palette swap.

Also, it bothers me that they say the Wireframe will be ONE OF the costume choices? Do you think this means that many other character will have costumes? Or that L.Mac will recieve multiple costumes?

Am I right or am I wrong? Am I some crazy nut who is really hopeful for Pink Tracksuit Mac? (Yes). I just want to know your thoughts.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think that each character will get an alt costume, maybe more depending on how many possibilities. What I can say for sure is that I hope you're not overthinking Sakurai's quote, and that Mac will have multiple costumes (Yes, Pink suit FTW)

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I think that each character will get an alt costume, maybe more depending on how many possibilities. What I can say for sure is that I hope you're not overthinking Sakurai's quote, and that Mac will have multiple costumes (Yes, Pink suit FTW)
I really didnt think too much about that quote. It was just something that came to mind.

I hope that Pink Suit really makes it in. Theres no other way I could play Mac.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
as you said it depends on the character like link he could have his ranch outfit zora armor magic armor toon link his outset island and conductor
samus some of her suits in the prime games and kirby and yoshi would just get recolour

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
They way I define an alt costume is that it has to alter the characters model, asis the case with Wario, Male Fit Trainer and The Village People. Wireframe Mac fails to fit this criteria. This only makes his skin transparent with a grid. This is why Daisy Peach is just a palette swap.
His model does change. Wireframe Mac doesn't have a shirt, wich yes, is actually modelled in 3D and has thickness on regular Little Mac.

Besides I don't think that's how alt. costumes should be defined. I don't know how myself, but it's pretty safe to assume that Villager will have a model change with each color. By your definition, he would only have costumes and no colors. Peach in Melee also has a Daisy color that actually altered the model, but people still call it a color.

Personally, I consider a certain texture pattern or slight (or big) model change with its own gallery of colors that match the amount of the first costume, an alternate costume.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
as you said it depends on the character like link he could have his ranch outfit zora armor magic armor toon link his outset island and conductor
samus some of her suits in the prime games and kirby and yoshi would just get recolour
Idek Boshi would be a cool idea, though
His model does change. Wireframe Mac doesn't have a shirt, wich yes, is actually modelled in 3D and has thickness on regular Little Mac.

Besides I don't think that's how alt. costumes should be defined. I don't know how myself, but it's pretty safe to assume that Villager will have a model change with each color. By your definition, he would only have costumes and no colors. Peach in Melee also has a Daisy color that actually altered the model, but people still call it a color.

Personally, I consider a certain texture pattern or slight (or big) model change with its own gallery of colors that match the amount of the first costume, an alternate costume.
This is a good point. Didnt know thr shirt counted as part of the 3D model.

The villager statement is just an assumption , so theres nothing I can debate there.

How was Peachs model altered?

Still, nothimg says the villagers cant have mult. colors. But does it really need to have the same amount of colors? Each CHARACTER doesnt even have the same amount of palette swaps.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, a good point was given by Mypantisgone.

Which gives me an idea.

IF Villager has a different model for every color... why not Little Mac having it too?

ALT Green: Wireframe
ALT Blue: Super Punch Out!
ALT Red: Pink Hoodie

If Villager can do it, why not Little Mac?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The oval-shaped emblem on her chest was changed to be a flower-shaped one, like Daisy has.
This is news to me. I had no idea this altered the model.

How WOULD you guys define an alt. costume as opposed to a palette swap?
IF Villager has a different model for every color... why not Little Mac having it too?
Well this is a little bit different in the case for Little Mac because The Villager doesn't have a look. (S)he is customizable and there's no actual single look for the villager. Like a Mii. Now, Little Mac DOES have quite the costume potential. I'd love to see all of them in-game. NES, SNES, Wireframe, Pink Hoodie and Wii Mac, but I wouldn't want that for each colour.

If anything, Wii Mac should get the most colours, NES and SNES should get a few, and Wireframe gets one or two (blue and green) and Pink Hoodie is just Pink Hoodie (maybe DLC lol or through NFC, which is how costumes should be distributed). But I wouldn't want one for each colour, personally.
does Nintendo even own boshi thou
They probably do. I mean, he's entirely derived from Yoshi, who is a character they definitely own.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
This is news to me. I had no idea this altered the model.

How WOULD you guys define an alt. costume as opposed to a palette swap?

Well this is a little bit different in the case for Little Mac because The Villager doesn't have a look. (S)he is customizable and there's no actual single look for the villager. Like a Mii. Now, Little Mac DOES have quite the costume potential. I'd love to see all of them in-game. NES, SNES, Wireframe, Pink Hoodie and Wii Mac, but I wouldn't want that for each colour.

If anything, Wii Mac should get the most colours, NES and SNES should get a few, and Wireframe gets one or two (blue and green) and Pink Hoodie is just Pink Hoodie (maybe DLC lol or through NFC, which is how costumes should be distributed). But I wouldn't want one for each colour, personally.

They probably do. I mean, he's entirely derived from Yoshi, who is a character they definitely own.
you might be right i mean all he is is just a blue yoshi with a spiked collar sunglasses and sandals

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It was obviously a wanted alt before he was even a character, And now we get all of Little Mac's appearances!

It also proves all characters only have 3 alts which is great since scrolling through all of Wario's palettes was pretty annoying.
daily-en.jpg

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That's HOT

So happy

Can there be multiple colors of it though? Yeah, I know, but I wear a black sweatshirt in the boxing club so I want an alt for that. =P (Bonus points if the gloves are red)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom