• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
Why is nyani on this what did i do

(also nominating salem for villager, will post vids when it's not 4am and i dont need to sleep)

D

Deleted member

Vinnie should be on ROB and Sheik.
Shu and Edge should be on Sheik.
Tyrant should be on Diddy

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Not that it's good or bad, but it generally tends to favor players with lots of major smash media group representation (ie ALT North streams in general). It's a good thing in that it can help serve as a resource for new players to watch videos on the metagame. It's a bad thing in that it leaves some gems remaining hidden out there.
Yes, one of the main goals of the thread is for it to serve as a resource. I am planning on making a Google spreadsheet to organize things some more as well as provide videos and maybe more for each player.

NNID
Maplesirux
3DS FC
2836-0209-7506
DSS is the best Ness in NorCal, #3 on the NorCal PR
Jeepy and C4 are both NorCal PR Warios.
Legit, Red X, and Sean are all NorCal PR Diddys.
Virus (NorCal) is also a good ROB, but not sure if considered top level.
See Showdown Smash vod archive for these players.
Not sure about Nyani being high level Mario though. :/

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'd nominate myself as notable marth. 13 out of 209 at TGC in Houston, have vids up on the marth critique boards.

D

Deleted member

If Sky is on yoshi, Lee Puff should be on there as well because he is ranked on SoCal whereas Sky is not.

edit: Kami for lucario and Matt Hazard for Ganon

kiraflax doesnt use dark pit

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonSmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenJerry
3DS FC
3737-9960-0814
is there really absolutely no one notable that has used mii swordfighter?
Given the fact most big tournaments only allow 1111 Swordfighter and that the Smash Bros community anonymously declare the poor dude/girl as "THE WORST CHARACTER EVER", i.e. the return of Brawl Ganondorf .... It doesn't surprise me that the only people who use Swordfighter are a handful.

CocoaCannon

Smash Rookie
NNID
CocoaCannono
Shofu's got a Great Fox (starfox pun intended) and from what I hear Cobanermani plays a good sonic

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Would like to nominate BlueBirdE for notable Luigi. I know he is ranked in Texas and got 17th out of 209 at TGC. Players like FOW and Con Con have held him as one of the best Luigis out there.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Given the fact most big tournaments only allow 1111 Swordfighter and that the Smash Bros community anonymously declare the poor dude/girl as "THE WORST CHARACTER EVER", i.e. the return of Brawl Ganondorf .... It doesn't surprise me that the only people who use Swordfighter are a handful.
I guess, I'm one of them.:(

There is literally so very few people playing him that I might be the only one in my region. Seriously though, Swordfighter is A LOT better than Brawl Ganondorf. He just doesn't have good matchups with most of the characters in the game. But he has some decent ones like with Capt Falcon.

I mean were rarer than Wii Fit Trainer mains and that is just :cry:

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
You are right. The original organization was based off of a recent Japanese tier list. It is in alphabetic order now which is what I should have done originally.

Also, I removed the "notable:" under every single character. It is repetitive and the thread looks cleaner without it.

To everyone discussing Falco, I think I am just going to keep FOW there for now and see what happens, unless the majority think something different.
I disagree. I think GimR and Keitaro deserve a Falco spot. Falco is more their mains than it is FOW's. That isn't criteria and I don't know who's Falco is better but they deserve spots.

I watched Rice's Marth and damn I am very impressed. I nominate a Marth spot for Rice.

Edit: nevermind, Rice is already there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shimitake, Z, and Captain L for Pikachu
Vivi for ROB

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
Alright guys, I don't want this thread to become a train wreck. I do not want to limit the number of players for each character but I do want to limit the criteria. Any ideas? :S It's impossible to satisfy everyone but I want to try to do what is best.

Edit: I am thinking of making some polls on Google docs later today seeing who should be removed / added / maybe more. Sound good?

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Kind of irrelevant to the immediate conversation, but just an idea. Perhaps instead of updating the list constantly, you could do a v1.0 and v2.0 and v3.0 and so on. This way, we could compare future lists to old lists to see how things have changed.

Of course, we should probably establish a preliminary list before even considering this, but it's just a thought for the future.

Last edited:

SilentProtagonist

Smash Rookie
NNID
SProtag
It's nice to see Officer Jenny make the notable ZSS list, however, last time I saw her in a Smash Studios stream she did mention she doesn't compete anymore. Further reasoning why a list like this so early in a game's life might not be such a good thing. With proper attention and research though, this could be a very great thing for Smash 4 as it has been for the other games.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
It's nice to see Officer Jenny make the notable ZSS list, however, last time I saw her in a Smash Studios stream she did mention she doesn't compete anymore. Further reasoning why a list like this so early in a game's life might not be such a good thing. With proper attention and research though, this could be a very great thing for Smash 4 as it has been for the other games.
We could just do the same thing that we did for ESAM and note that she's retired.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
Sean is the top ranked player in Northern California, and he uses Diddy. Consistently beats players like Rice, and has great sets against Trevonte.

PumpMagic is the best King DeeDeeDee, and definitely needs to be on there.

Captain Falcon should have SilentSpecter on there for sure. He competes at the Foundry, and usually places Top-3 every time he comes.

Edit:
And my Megaman isn't that bad either... ;D

Last edited:

FuerzaDON

Smash Rookie
NNID
FuerzaDON
Where is Jerm like notable Shulk main? He has been publising videos, guides, matches and combos in smashboards for help to another shulks main, give us tips like the "Monado Art Cancels".

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Sean is the top ranked player in Northern California, and he uses Diddy. Consistently beats players like Rice, and has great sets against Trevonte.

PumpMagic is the best King DeeDeeDee, and definitely needs to be on there.

Captain Falcon should have SilentSpecter on there for sure. He competes at the Foundry, and usually places Top-3 every time he comes.

Edit:
And my Megaman isn't that bad either... ;D
I believe you but there are so many good Diddy's in each region. Like Zinoto in Michigan. We have to draw the line on which Diddy's (and other popular characters) can go up there. While Sean can maybe beat others mentioned in the OP for other characters, this is Diddy so unless we allow 10+ players under Diddy it should stay relative to the character (meaning it's harder to get on the list for "top tier/popular characters").

Last edited:

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Guys! (Insert Name Here) is the best (insert character here) in (insert region bias) Heres a Wi-Fi replay proving How pro he is!

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
So whats the exact point of this thread, is it to name the most accesible player? Or is it the best ranked player who solo mains - insert character name - ? Clear up the focus before continueing the list.

Kronos2560

Smash Apprentice
I have never heard of him. Does he have any notable wins or place well at big tournaments?
He placed fifth at CoGPoG, a 128-man regional tournament that featured all of Norcals best players. I've played with him, and I'll definitely vouch for him. He's good.

As for Wario, JeepySol should definitely qualify. He's arguably one of the best Warios in the country. Just look him up.

D

Deleted member

Staticmanny, Komorikiri, Meekspeedy for Sonic
Saiya for Falcon (best falcon in japan, got 5th iirc at the last big japan tourney)
Gomamugitya for Lucario (probably Japans best lucario since I'm seeing him place very well)
Xzax for robin
Aphro for Rosalina

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
MJG and WhistleSlippers should be on the Bowser list.

NNID
Maplesirux
3DS FC
2836-0209-7506
People that should be on the list should be people who are well known in the community and/or on their PR. I can vouch for the following people, all NorCal: DSS (Ness), BaNdt (Villager), and SilentSpectre (Falcon).

Oh and Kronos2560 is NorCal's best Megaman, he's very well known in the Showdown Smash archives.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I should be on the dark pit list, I've put in a ton of info regarding the character and ATs and know as much about him as any player out there if not more.

Also wtf at teevee not being on the zss list, he has better results then everyone on it except for his idol Nick Riddle

NNID
Maplesirux
3DS FC
2836-0209-7506
But Zano have you placed at tournaments? Do people talk about you as a strong Dark Pit? Do you have video evidence? Again, we need concrete evidence that the people on the list are actually notable, such as people on PRs and such.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
In addition to myself as Robin (I moderate the Robin boards and have lots of videos), I'd also nominate from our region (NS):

@ Croi Croi 's Lucario.
@Nysyarc Ganondorf.
@Syko_Lemming (Lambnadr)'s Luigi (when he isn't killing himself).

And a big shout-out to @zhao_guang 's Luigi in Toronto currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom