• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
those few snippets of the snakey chantey remix make me really happy!

Ice Cave chant seems a bit weird, but oh man Funky's Fugue is in! awesome!

I hope we'll get at least Crocodile Cacophony, especially now that we know Kaptain K Rool is a major spirit battle
I'm very confident Crocodile Cacophany is in now, probably a remix, but obviously we don't know for certain yet. Really interested to know what music we get tomorrow. All the recent weeks tracks have been doubling up, so I'm expecting at least Mario and DK to get another track on the website before launch. Given DK already got a track we knew about, it'd be nice if its one we don't know about (like Crocodile Cacophany).

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've seen a fair number of matches on Mother stages now and ONLY the four Mother 3 tracks show up. I wonder if the other songs were turned off ahead of time for the same copyright reasons that people speculated were behind the Mother stages not being in the public demo?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Okay, I've seen a fair number of matches on Mother stages now and ONLY the four Mother 3 tracks show up. I wonder if the other songs were turned off ahead of time for the same copyright reasons that people speculated were behind the Mother stages not being in the public demo?
Could be the case.

Single_Mom

Smash Cadet
What kind of copyright issues?

hinode

Smash Cadet
IIRC Nintendo's ability to use music from the Mother series is restricted since they don't fully own either the series nor its soundtrack. One side effect of this is that Ness and Lucas' victory theme has to be muted on the streams of any Nintendo-sponsored tournament. (Quote from Tafokints).

R O F L

Smash Ace
Just two quick questions:
Did Sakurai say that there are exactly 800 songs, or is there a possibility for something like 805 or 810?
And the extra "100" that make up the 900 that was mention in the direct count menus and other songs like Lifelight, so why are people counting them toward to supposed 800?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did Sakurai say that there are exactly 800 songs, or is there a possibility for something like 805 or 810?
And the extra "100" that make up the 900 that was mention in the direct count menus and other songs like Lifelight, so why are people counting them toward to supposed 800?
He said "Over 800". He also said "Over 50" Assist Trophies at E3 and in the end we had 59.

The "Over 800" includes any songs that can appear on stages.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
He said the total number of music tracks from stages is "more than 800" and that once you add the other stuff like fanfare and menus, there's "about 900 compositions." Tbh, if it went over 900 I think he would've just said over 900, so I think once that stuff is included it'll still fall just short.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
He said the total number of music tracks from stages is "more than 800" and that once you add the other stuff like fanfare and menus, there's "about 900 compositions." Tbh, if it went over 900 I think he would've just said over 900, so I think once that stuff is included it'll still fall just short.
Keep in mind they've been adding more songs with time, it's entirely possible it went over 900 since, or close anyway

Single_Mom

Smash Cadet
It is possible that fanfares and menu music don't reach 100. That'd make the overall number of tracks larger.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Can anyone confirm whether or not Brinstar (Melee) is still shorten?
I’m pretty sure it’s still shortened, DK Rap and the Xenoblade songs are still their short versions from smash 4 so it’ll probably hold true there too unfortunately.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Interesting! I was expecting something from this game to be remixed, but this song is a pretty off the wall choice. Not complaining though, the remix sounds great.

Too bad there isn't a fitting stage for it...
Sorry if I'm a bit late but actually, the Summit does fit quite well, considering a chunk of Codename Steam happens at the South Pole. Of course, the Summit is more cartoonish than the Codename Steam.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sorry if I'm a bit late but actually, the Summit does fit quite well, considering a chunk of Codename Steam happens at the South Pole. Of course, the Summit is more cartoonish than the Codename Steam.
I think the Find Mii stage generally fits all these more intense songs so long as you play on the Omega or Battlefield versions. Kinda wish we did get an "other" stage bsaed off of a more action-oriented Nintendo franchise.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so now that some people have got the game any word on how my music works? do stages from the same series share the one page or do they all have their own with the same songs?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3fRRXuDA7E

Boss 2 - Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber at 4:37. No audio.

so now that some people have got the game any word on how my music works? do stages from the same series share the one page or do they all have their own with the same songs?
They all have their own pages, the song frequencies in the demo are completely different for each stage.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think the Find Mii stage generally fits all these more intense songs so long as you play on the Omega or Battlefield versions. Kinda wish we did get an "other" stage bsaed off of a more action-oriented Nintendo franchise.
Yeah, it's the most intense "other" stage.

Although to be honest, I'm completely capable of putting the Rathalos theme on Nintendogs because of the "fierce" beast in the background.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3fRRXuDA7E

Boss 2 - Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber at 4:37. No audio.

They all have their own pages, the song frequencies in the demo are completely different for each stage.
I’m wondering if that’s Jungle Climber theme might be a remix, most DS songs end up getting remixes due to the poor sound font, but they also ported the SNES songs untouched.

On another note, that video shows that Death Mountain track again, and the more and more I see of it the more I think it could be a remix.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
You can hear a bit more of the Breath of the Wild 2017 Trailer Theme remix here.

Sounds really good. Glad they chose to remix this one!

https://youtu.be/OkDteSsjxcg

The original Simon Belmont theme from Super Castlevania IV.

Hail from the Past is not from Harmony of Despair
Surprised they didn't remix the Theme of Simon. Bit of a shame, would have been really good.
If its not from Harmony of Despair, where is it from might I ask? Sounds a lot like the HoD version from what I've heard.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
You can hear a bit more of the Breath of the Wild 2017 Trailer Theme remix here.

Sounds really good. Glad they chose to remix this one!

Surprised they didn't remix the Theme of Simon. Bit of a shame, would have been really good.
If its not from Harmony of Despair, where is it from might I ask? Sounds a lot like the HoD version from what I've heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIZDQhBU2E
Quite similar, but the first notes from the Ultimate version are lower than the Harmony of Despair. Also, the Ultimate version uses a violin when the main melody begins, while the HoD version uses a wind instrument.
It can be a new remix, similar to the Id Purpose remix, which is more an arrangement than a remix.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...I figured they would remix Simon's Theme but guess not huh?

Also I won't mind if Iron-Blue Intention gets ported as the original song, I love me some Sega Genesis synths.

Last edited:

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh... they don't have the game, though?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It was a several hour long event held for the press in New York.
This, though it is possible reviewers have the game now. But we won't know anything about that until the review embargo is up, which is probably not until the first week of December.

Last edited:

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
At this point is it relatively safe to say that every track from all smash games are returning? Or at the very least 90% of them? Sure I can't imagine some, such as the intro or menu from smash 64 or subspace music. But the fact that tracks like the bonus music from 64 and melee's remix of Saria's Song are in.. I can't think of much that'd be left out.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIZDQhBU2E
Quite similar, but the first notes from the Ultimate version are lower than the Harmony of Despair. Also, the Ultimate version uses a violin when the main melody begins, while the HoD version uses a wind instrument.
It can be a new remix, similar to the Id Purpose remix, which is more an arrangement than a remix.
Thanks for the correction!

I'm surprised this one got a remix honestly. Seems like an odd choice

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps you can set different music settings for both versions of Moray Towers? That'd be pretty neat!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
while we're on that video

any idea what "Standard" means next to the Y button prompt? was that always there in these ultimate's My Music footages?
I would assume Standard is the default My Music settings for that stage.

Top Bottom