• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I still think it's really weird they picked Ice Cave Chant for Smash Bros. It's a good song, but not a song I'd pick from DKC. I thought they would pick something like Forest Frenzy or Treetop Rock to keep sort of close to the Jungle theming Sakurai loves so much.

The only hint it suggests is a possible TF stage planned for future DLC for Ice Cave Chant to fit. But that might not be true, considering Sakurai has only JUST decided DLC plans with Nintendo only recently, while that Spirit Challenge with Ice Cave Chant playing must have been implemented way earlier so it wouldn't add up.

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, still kinda sounds like it's a different soundfont to me, but I guess they just cleaned it up really well.

The Kammy Koopa spirit battle uses the Airship Theme, which probably doesn't bode well for new Paper Mario music from the first two games. Though I think even the Color Splash battle theme would be a better fit, so who knows.

Also, I don't recognize the song that plays here at 10:54. Don't recognize the Spirit they're fighting either.

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I can't hear the song well enough. The Spirit is Olaf from Advance Wars.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that talking is too thick. I slight part of me is trying to tell myself it's actually olaf's theme, but A. That is not an advance wars tune I would expect remixed or even used if any got in, and B. parts of it definitely are not the theme, even allowing for a more "out there" remix.

Last edited:

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
apparently Trouble Brewing II from codename steam is in, and it actually sounds like a remix, surprisingly

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that talking is too thick. I slight part of me is trying to tell myself it's actually olaf's theme, but A. That is not an advance wars tune I would expect remixed or even used if any got in, and B. parts of it definitely are not the theme, even allowing for a more "out there" remix.
Maybe it's a medley? Would explain both the seemingly random inclusion of that particular song and there being parts that aren't the song as well.

vivaceharmony

Smash Apprentice
also, smash ultimate started development around the time codename steam released, so its poor reception probably wasn't a factor

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Probably falls into the "Sakurai thinks the music is cool" category. And it's suited for battle, too, something he wants for the SSBU music.
It seems at least partially like it could be some kind of effort to provide fitting music for as many Spirit battles as possible too, as we've seen for a lot of these so far.

Either way, I'm glad Codename STEAM's gotten at least some recognition in Ultimate, I enjoyed what I played of it myself. Really hoping for more music from the lesser known games and franchises in Nintendo's history too!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It seems at least partially like it could be some kind of effort to provide fitting music for as many Spirit battles as possible too, as we've seen for a lot of these so far.

Either way, I'm glad Codename STEAM's gotten at least some recognition in Ultimate, I enjoyed what I played of it myself. Really hoping for more music from the lesser known games and franchises in Nintendo's history too!
Yeah, I believe that providing musics for spirit is something too. And as said above, STEAM was released during the development of Ultimate, make sense too.

But I'm all for lesser known games' music!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The only music of that kind I truly want is something from No More Heroes. Both NMH 1 and 2 were some of the best games on the Wii, we're getting a spin-off title soon AND a third sequel in the future. Plus, the NMH composer worked on music for Kid Icarus: Uprising and is working on remixes for Ultimate, so everything feels aligned for this to happen. The only question is will it actually happen.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The only music of that kind I truly want is something from No More Heroes. Both NMH 1 and 2 were some of the best games on the Wii, we're getting a spin-off title soon AND a third sequel in the future. Plus, the NMH composer is working on remixes for Ultimate, so everything feels aligned for this to happen. The only question is will it actually happen.
I kinda want to see some stuff from the Kiseki games even though that probably won't happen

BarrierTrio

Smash Apprentice
For Zelda, Main Theme Ver 2 and the Overworld theme (Brawl versions in both cases) are the same song.
Thanks. Also, if anyone has proof a song in italics is in, feel free to comment on the sheet with the proof and I'll check it off.

EDIT: Found Final Destination for 3DS/Wii U
and Mii Plaza

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This is really the most frustrating time to be someone who wants new EarthBound/Mother music. One of the website tracks that is heavily implied to be an EarthBound remix is called "Magicant", so it'd have to play on this stage, and yet when its chosen the music that plays is instead Porky's theme, aka the most unfitting music possible.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm not feeling super hopeful right now about new Mother music. :( We finally got some Mother footage today and we got Unfounded Revenge on Fourside, Porky's Theme and the Mother 3 Love Theme on Magicant, and then the Mother 3 Love Theme again for Salsa's spirit battle. Obviously that's not evidence of much, but it's still frustrating.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that Fourside's theme hasn't technically been confirmed yet.

I guess I'm a little concerned about it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yeah I'm not feeling super hopeful right now about new Mother music. :( We finally got some Mother footage today and we got Unfounded Revenge on Fourside, Porky's Theme and the Mother 3 Love Theme on Magicant, and then the Mother 3 Love Theme again for Salsa's spirit battle. Obviously that's not evidence of much, but it's still frustrating.
The Salsa battle thing sucks because Salsa's theme was great:

Maybe the new EarthBound are unloackables? At this point I'm grasping at straws, I've already been disappointed by no new Xenoblade music, I don't wanna take to L's.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's really hard to hear because it's short clips and he's talking over them, but there are a few shots of Moray Towers in Nairo's video where you can hear something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oroapSPtDas&t=3m55s (more timestamps at 4:09 4:18 4:28)

Is that possibly Chopscrewey? I'm not sure if my brain is just making up something that I want to hear. But it does sound like the voice singing is deeper than any of the other confirmed songs.

Single_Mom

Smash Cadet
It's really hard to hear because it's short clips and he's talking over them, but there are a few shots of Moray Towers in Nairo's video where you can hear something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oroapSPtDas&t=3m55s (more timestamps at 4:09 4:18 4:28)

Is that possibly Chopscrewey? I'm not sure if my brain is just making up something that I want to hear. But it does sound like the voice singing is deeper than any of the other confirmed songs.
That's just the now or never theme from Splatoon 2.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
oh so theyre porting castlevania handheld soundtracks? ...interesting

EDIT: oh wait you said HoD. so welp.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
apparently Trouble Brewing II from codename steam is in, and it actually sounds like a remix, surprisingly

Interesting! I was expecting something from this game to be remixed, but this song is a pretty off the wall choice. Not complaining though, the remix sounds great.

Too bad there isn't a fitting stage for it...

YES

I've been waiting to hear this one ever since Simon was revealed! Wicked Child is my favourite Castlevania song (and one of my favourite video game songs in general) so its great to have it in Smash.
Part of me kind of wishes it wasn't part of a medley and could stand on its own, but I really can't complain because it sounds amazing and the transition is very smooth. And honestly I'm glad they did an orchestral arrangement rather than using electric guitars like they've done for a lot of new remixes.

This is really the most frustrating time to be someone who wants new EarthBound/Mother music. One of the website tracks that is heavily implied to be an EarthBound remix is called "Magicant", so it'd have to play on this stage, and yet when its chosen the music that plays is instead Porky's theme, aka the most unfitting music possible.
Its really sad we haven't heard anything new from EarthBound yet... but I'm still confident we'll get a good handful of new remixes in the game. Some of them might just be unlockable, not to mention the fact that we've seen very little gameplay on Mother stages so there's less opportunity for a new arrangement to show up.

All I can say is: this new Magicant remix better be good.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
CROWNED is a direct port, I'd honestly be surprised if we get any remixes from the last 4 Kirby games at this rate, though you can't really blame Sakurai since he doesn't pick the music.

Krispy Wilson

Smash Rookie
Interesting! I was expecting something from this game to be remixed, but this song is a pretty off the wall choice. Not complaining though, the remix sounds great.

YES

I've been waiting to hear this one ever since Simon was revealed! Wicked Child is my favourite Castlevania song (and one of my favourite video game songs in general) so its great to have it in Smash.
Part of me kind of wishes it wasn't part of a medley and could stand on its own, but I really can't complain because it sounds amazing and the transition is very smooth. And honestly I'm glad they did an orchestral arrangement rather than using electric guitars like they've done for a lot of new remixes.

Its really sad we haven't heard anything new from EarthBound yet... but I'm still confident we'll get a good handful of new remixes in the game. Some of them might just be unlockable, not to mention the fact that we've seen very little gameplay on Mother stages so there's less opportunity for a new arrangement to show up.

YES

I’m pretty sure Trouble Brewing II would fit well on Find Mii. An intense song for an intense looking stage.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Looking back at the website tracks on the about page, we only have three songs not confirmed as remixes, which are Jump Up Superstar, Magicant, Corneria, and Meta Knight's Revenge.

For Jump Up Superstar, one could say that the timing of odyssey would prevent new remixes, but Sakurai mentioned that the music remixes get worked on until very close to release so that's a non-issue. I have, however, seen two versions of the song, one called Jump Up Superstar and one called Jump Up Superstar - Band Performance, or something like that. I also know that one version of the song has the instrumentals at the beginning whereas in another version you have to add the instruments, which could make that technically a remix by the loosest standards.

For Magicant, I really, really, hope that's in the game, and I don't see why it wouldn't. If it's based on the EarthBound track, it'd be unique to Smash, as that version is much different from the version in EarthBound beginnings. That being said, the cynic in me wants to point out that we still haven't heard that track on Magicant yet (though it could just be a song that appears less often, and to be fair, we haven't even heard the Magicant remix from 3DS yet).

Now the trickiest one to me is the potential Corneria remix. The track on the stage Corneria has been renamed to Star Fox Medley, and if I'm not wrong we've seen the Brawl version of the track listed as Corneria (Brawl). That being said the Star Fox stages were widley available throughout the demo and we still have heard nothing of a remix (though we just found out about the Star Fox Zero track today).

Finally is Meta Knight's Revenge, and this one confuses me the most. I'm pretty sure every instance I've seen that song listed by that name in Ultimate, it has been its Brawl version. However, this video could potentially have the answer, as they show that track at 54:37
So if GameXplain chooses to upload this match, we can find out if this is indeed a remix or not, as this is the most dubious to me on that list.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
So what number are we at now? How many old songs are missing and how many new new songs are left?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Looking back at the website tracks on the about page, we only have three songs not confirmed as remixes, which are Jump Up Superstar, Magicant, Corneria, and Meta Knight's Revenge.

For Jump Up Superstar, one could say that the timing of odyssey would prevent new remixes, but Sakurai mentioned that the music remixes get worked on until very close to release so that's a non-issue. I have, however, seen two versions of the song, one called Jump Up Superstar and one called Jump Up Superstar - Band Performance, or something like that. I also know that one version of the song has the instrumentals at the beginning whereas in another version you have to add the instruments, which could make that technically a remix by the loosest standards.

For Magicant, I really, really, hope that's in the game, and I don't see why it wouldn't. If it's based on the EarthBound track, it'd be unique to Smash, as that version is much different from the version in EarthBound beginnings. That being said, the cynic in me wants to point out that we still haven't heard that track on Magicant yet (though it could just be a song that appears less often, and to be fair, we haven't even heard the Magicant remix from 3DS yet).

Now the trickiest one to me is the potential Corneria remix. The track on the stage Corneria has been renamed to Star Fox Medley, and if I'm not wrong we've seen the Brawl version of the track listed as Corneria (Brawl). That being said the Star Fox stages were widley available throughout the demo and we still have heard nothing of a remix (though we just found out about the Star Fox Zero track today).

Finally is Meta Knight's Revenge, and this one confuses me the most. I'm pretty sure every instance I've seen that song listed by that name in Ultimate, it has been its Brawl version. However, this video could potentially have the answer, as they show that track at 54:37
So if GameXplain chooses to upload this match, we can find out if this is indeed a remix or not, as this is the most dubious to me on that list.
I'm betting on the Star Fox Zero version of Corneria

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
those few snippets of the snakey chantey remix make me really happy!

Ice Cave chant seems a bit weird, but oh man Funky's Fugue is in! awesome!

I hope we'll get at least Crocodile Cacophony, especially now that we know Kaptain K Rool is a major spirit battle

Top Bottom