• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Links Back Air video

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ok, When you short-hop Links back air, you can jump, then follow it with another aerial or a waveland. So the steps are like this. SH>Bair>Jump (after the second kick)> Aerial move or waveland. This technique takes a while to get down. But don't rush it. Btw it works well on floaties and fast fallers (high percentage). Good Luck.

The Steps
Short Hop> Bair> Jump> Aerial or Waveland

The Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I0oR3r0k3k

Skler

Smash Master
I personally suggest not practicing this without hitting anything. Practice it when hitting a player or a shield/invincible player. The timing is different due to hitstun, and you should only be djing out of your bair if you actually hit something with it (or else you can just get hit out of your double jump and get killed early).

Useful though, every Link should at least know how to do this even if they don't use it.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Good point Skler, btw guys when you hit someone with bair it is easier to jump and use another attack or waveland compared when your not hitting anyone, i have been playing with this for a while nowbut i still need a lot of work on it.

Aesir

Smash Master
There is no such thing you're probably not A. performing the bair fast enough, or B. Not double jumping fast enough. In both situations practice works.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
You don't think I know that?

I never bothered to learn to do it out of a short hop (I'd just short hop a bair and that's it)

...ehh...I'm not starting that up again.

Skler

Smash Master
People can be good and not do it. It isn't exactly used a lot in matches, unless you're being really aggressive, and being really aggressive makes Link lose (most of the time).

Deva

Smash Lord
It's actually a good mind game to avoid shield grabs. If you bair and your opponent get's hit by the first kick, fast fall and do a reverse shield grab. If they shield the first hit, don't fast fall. Jump out of it. They'll try to grab you...they'll miss....free combo. If they continue shielding, you'll still be out of harms way.

Skler

Smash Master
If you're pressuring their shield you are being aggressive, it's a good thing to use every once in a while to keep them on their toes but they get used to it fast. After it working once or twice in a game they should know not to try and grab out of your bairs.

Fun Fact: This technique won't work on Samus or Bowser, due to insane upB out of shield powers that will hit you after the first bair touches their shield.

Deva

Smash Lord
If you're pressuring their shield you are being aggressive, it's a good thing to use every once in a while to keep them on their toes but they get used to it fast. After it working once or twice in a game they should know not to try and grab out of your bairs.
Pressuring the shield is never a bad thing unless you do it too much. Spamming alone won't get you the win. If they get used to it, no problem. You no longer have to worry about risk when using your bair. They won't try to grab you. Once they get used to it, grab them even if they shield your bair. Simple mindgames. They won't always work, but that's what Link's all about.

Fun Fact: This technique won't work on Samus or Bowser, due to insane upB out of shield powers that will hit you after the first bair touches their shield.
True, never use it on Bowser. As far as Samus, it works occasionally, but it also leaves samus open after the attack. Free combo?

Skler

Smash Master
Samus won't get punished for her upB out of shield if she DIs correctly and fastfalls. Samus can also cancel the lag with ledges and platforms, it's pretty tough to get Samus after the upB unless they screw up (hah, screw up, I'm hilarious).

When I get a chance to pressure shields then I do it, but people don't really need to shield much against Link because he's slow. They can just DD and WD around to avoid attacks and wait for an opening. Besides, Link plays a strong defensive game as compared to a weak offensive game. Only time I need to switch that is against Falco, non-aggro Shiek and campy Foxes.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
lol, you guys assume a lot. i didn't say practice this to actually use it in battle. i simply said, if you're not at the point where you have this move down without thinking, then your knowledge and experience with link is seriously lacking; and that's all.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
lol, you guys assume a lot. i didn't say practice this to actually use it in battle. i simply said, if you're not at the point where you have this move down without thinking, then your knowledge and experience with link is seriously lacking; and that's all.
That's more specific than "You're a nub"...

Which I can respect, and your right in my case...like I said, work in progress...

Top Bottom