• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Vs Falco 1 on 1 help plz

Link Hero of Hyrule

Smash Cadet
Basically I need help vsing Falco, my m8 always uses him and Im wondering wats the best way to defeat him using link.

For example, when ever I pull out a bomb or boom or bow, he just keeps on spamming his reflector kick move.

And when I go in 4 the attack I cant seem to hit him, I cant stay away coz hed be shooting me fster than me charging, throwing my weapons at him.

Plz any help will do. thx

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
falco is link's worst nightmare imo
i personally have never played an "awesome" falco so my advice may not be too useful.

keep a bomb in hand as much as possible, not only will this stop chain throws but is your only projectile you can use to fake out your opponent since you can still up b, forward smash, aerial and z-air

take advantage of your f-tilt due to its range, equal or nearly equal to reflectors range and u-tilts.

n-air is very useful, you can use this out of your shield and its hitbox is great

Izaw

Smash Ace
Defensivly, there is ALOT you can do against a falco.

First off, if your below 40% ALWAYS. always have a bomb in hand, do NOT let him grab you without a bomb in the hand, cause it will get you killed or comboed as hell.

Second, there is one thing you do to survive. If he is using chaingrabs to Dair kill. Just after the last Chainthrow spam Z to use your tether recovery and even if the Dair hits you or not who will be saved if you just time it right.

Third, pull out a bomb, and use mindgames :p. Zair with bomb in the hand. Will give him pressure and wonder if you're gonna throw the bomb or not....so yea... that's one small thing.

Also.. use Utilt, U smash and Zair alot

yea...

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Also many semi-pro Falcos dont escape at 0% from grab > down throw > up tilt (very quickly) 3 times > up smash, because if they try to DI out instead of jump after the throw they will totally fail and get over 40% before the match really started.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Also many semi-pro Falcos dont escape at 0% from grab > down throw > up tilt (very quickly) 3 times > up smash, because if they try to DI out instead of jump after the throw they will totally fail and get over 40% before the match really started.
This does work, but make sure the falco you are playing is not chain-throw happy, (which is extremely rare), unfortunately link still cant shorten the lag of his clawshot which if it flops, you wont have a bomb in hand and will be grabbed

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, space with zair and jabs. If you get close to him while holding a bomb, just f-smash with the bomb in hand after his reflector.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
As for that problemmo with the reflector, use your spacing. Keep SHing zair to keep him back.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
but in all honesty, if the falco you are playing can chainthrow well, you are pretty much screwed =S

i'm not going to make a topic on this because it is so minor, but have you noticed that if you pull out a bomb and throw it up, the 3rd bomb you pull out will not come out. Like I said nothing big but then again some ppl have a talent of being able to create great techs out of little things like that

Top Bottom