• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link to me is the best of the characters

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
I'm new and I thought the best place to start would be talking to my fellow Link brawlers.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
as of this point in time, Falco, Meta Knight, and Snake are the best characters. A good place to start out is the meet and greet forum. Tips can be found in the guides (there are 5 of them, pick any one) and videos of your gameplay are preferable for critiquing.

Welcome to Smash Boards, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Welcome the Link boards, it's a pleasure to have another user here. ^_^ Please contribute to what your knowledge will allow to most of our more useful, non stickied threads (Like's Bouse's match up guide and my Stage Discussion thing). So keep it smart and keep on smashing.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol... Link is one of the worst characters... xD I wish he wasn't though... And welcome to Smashboards! =]

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the welcome and I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a friend who is really good I can beat him but I really need to focus. He uses Marth and I was wondering if you guys knew any good ways to fight Marth.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Link = Always Low Tier or Lower :(

Link is really awsome, I wish he was a tad faster and had a better recovery, then he would have really been high tier. and the N64 Boomerang...

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Tiers really don't exist. I think Link is a great character when utilized correctly.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
Hey! Welcome, I'm a link user too! well, I'm a Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link user too haha, but dont listen to the whole, LINK SUCKS thing, because frankly, he doesnt, I can kill just about any Meta Knight out there because as 4Serial said, they are statistics, and in Japan, hes clsoe to top tier so its really just the player, welcome again, friend request me if you want! =)

@threadstarter(didnt care about noticing your name, but I do care pointing that out): go and main him then.

@tier discussion: Tiers exists, but tiers are for queers. Jag hatar sakurai och jag skriver nu på svenska helt random.

Anteo

Smash Cadet
Link = Always Low Tier or Lower :(

Link is really awsome, I wish he was a tad faster and had a better recovery, then he would have really been high tier. and the N64 Boomerang...
Yes he is. What's wrong with the gale boomerang?
I really like it, For example I love when I force Lucas to Thundersliding.
Or hit characters like MK or Pit while they are flying.

Still sometimes I whish we had the N64 Boomerang but depends of the situation.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Hey! Welcome, I'm a link user too! well, I'm a Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link user too haha, but dont listen to the whole, LINK SUCKS thing, because frankly, he doesnt, I can kill just about any Meta Knight out there because as 4Serial said, they are statistics, and in Japan, hes clsoe to top tier so its really just the player, welcome again, friend request me if you want! =)
lmfao, I meant in Melee that Link was once high tier in Japan... He's probably down to mid in Japan now since only Smasher rep'd Link for the last 2-3 years in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if Link was currently low tier on the japanese brawl tier list. Link is not anywhere near top tier on any realistic tier list.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Even with the tier list out, Link doesn't feel like he's THAT low on the list. But then you factor in his recovery...

On stage, he's crazy. I clank/hit through more often with Link than with my main, CF. Pretty much means Link has a good gap between hit boxes and hurt boxes and that's a very good thing. Has a projectile game, also good. Aerials...ehh, I think Link should stay grounded. I do like FFing Nairs though, definitely my favorite aerial approach.

I wish his UP-B recovery went and high as sonic's and as horizontal as DK's.

Top Bottom