• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Link Queen" (my sister) needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Hey Link boards! I hope you guys don't mind, but Link Queen was wondering if theres a way for her to improve on her Link. I know you guys have time to help out, right? I have a link to her most recent video to see how she plays. Thanks very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ1BpWVAep8

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Yeah theres more, but ill have to upload them on youtube. So do I post more of Link Queen's vids on this thread or the link provided on your response? or both?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Confused as to why there was only a minute or two of the match, but that's not important. This is what I saw that needs to be improved on;

-Arrows don't work too great against ROB. If arrows are to be used, they should be cancelled. On BF, there is hardly any need to SH to cancel the arrow since you can just fall through the platforms to cancel, so try to use that.

-Use a lot of bombs, especially here.

-Even though LQ didn't get a stock off in the video, use the low ceiling to your advantage here. ROB has a harder time overall recovering vertically than horizontally, (his recovery >_>) so think of that when he's in killing range.

-ZAIR to space.

-DAC somtimes! It works great on BF.

As for the videos, I'd personally put them in the appropriate thread, as there's no point in posting them in this thread if people know you're going to post them there...I guess.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that. Im kinda new here (In the link boards). Ill put the video in the video thread as well as others vids, well if i can. : /

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you want a nontraditional Link opinion, use retreating short hops to ready bombs and short hop while throwing them up or Z dropping/down throwing for spacing. Get Bombs and boomerang on to the stage whenever safe, they last a long time. Bombs priority makes them much better for keeping the opponent off balance than damaging them directly. Bombs will not impact Link. Use the C stick for bomb throws and aerial attacks. Link has much more freedom to use big laggy attacks if a bomb's above him. Short hop an, in place or retreating, Fair and Fsmash or fire an arrow as Link lands. Mix in Bomb/Fsmashes by setting R button to attack and hold down R while reading a bomb and Fsmashing with C. (It's pretty standard for Links). Many Links will disagree with this strategy and it's very hard. Keep an open mind.
For most opponents the spacing's too close. Also stay away from the edges.

GreyClover

Smash Apprentice
lol.

No the Link is just bad, do work girl. Everything needs to be critiqued, her spacing, her recovering, her attacking, her camping, her killing, her DI, her matchups etc.

When you are this bad the only thing you can do is play and learn more.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Hey Link boards! I hope you guys don't mind, but Link Queen was wondering if theres a way for her to improve on her Link. I know you guys have time to help out, right? I have a link to her most recent video to see how she plays. Thanks very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ1BpWVAep8

Didn't watch the vid, but tell her to go to the AiB Link boards. Also I remember her blog post that basically amounted to "tires don exits". It was pretty amusing.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Didn't watch the vid, but tell her to go to the AiB Link boards. Also I remember her blog post that basically amounted to "tires don exits". It was pretty amusing.
Yea she really hates the tier list. she says that everyone is the best, but I guess I agree just a little.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Not helping me trying to get the boards more active you know.

:/
That's kind of the point of what he's doing. :/

I'd like to see more matches from her before I try to critique her. Preferably full length matches as well. xD

ndayday

BRoomer
1; We know AiB Links boards > SWF Link boards. Weekly reminders aren't neccesary.
2; What Clover said would've sufficed.

Link Queen's quote: "I hate it when people say that! Link doesn't suck! Nobody in Brawl suck! Get your facts straight!"
That won't get LQ anywhere. Even if you don't believe in tiers, then you at least have to understand that in the current metagame, Link has a very large disadvantage against the rest of the cast. Read some Sirlin or something.

Good luck.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
She has to accept the fact they do exist.

That or she could prove us wrong by going into tournaments and beating top level MKs, Falcos, DDDs, and Foxs.

Cringe_IF

Smash Rookie
Link Queen's quote: "I hate it when people say that! Link doesn't suck! Nobody in Brawl suck! Get your facts straight!"

Idk wat to say about this. : /
If you need to respond to multiple people, please try to keep it all together in one post. You can quote them, or you can simply use the following method below:

@Red Ryu:

@Cyner:

If you need to add something later and you were the last one to make a post, simply use the edit button. Just to prevent spam and post-count abuse, you know?

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
If you need to respond to multiple people, please try to keep it all together in one post. You can quote them, or you can simply use the following method below:

@Red Ryu:

@Cyner:

If you need to add something later and you were the last one to make a post, simply use the edit button. Just to prevent spam and post-count abuse, you know?
Woops. I didnt notice that . :p
She has to accept the fact they do exist.

That or she could prove us wrong by going into tournaments and beating top level MKs, Falcos, DDDs, and Foxs.
1; We know AiB Links boards > SWF Link boards. Weekly reminders aren't neccesary.
2; What Clover said would've sufficed.

That won't get LQ anywhere. Even if you don't believe in tiers, then you at least have to understand that in the current metagame, Link has a very large disadvantage against the rest of the cast. Read some Sirlin or something.

Good luck.
Yeah I really agree with all of that.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
lolololol. :D I play her nearly every week and she has a lot of things to work on.

Just to make this post not trolling:

-Whenever she's pressured offstage with Link, she ALWAYS fast falls
-needs to use bombs more
-doesn't use jab as nearly as much as she could have

Anyway, ya she's not too good (read as: BAD) but please stop with the harsh criticism >__>

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
lolololol. :D I play her nearly every week and she has a lot of things to work on.

Just to make this post not trolling:

-Whenever she's pressured offstage with Link, she ALWAYS fast falls
-needs to use bombs more
-doesn't use jab as nearly as much as she could have

Anyway, ya she's not too good (read as: BAD) but please stop with the harsh criticism >__>
Yeah all that is what I really agree on.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Not helping me trying to get the boards more active you know.
You're not helping any Link players by doing that.

1; We know AiB Links boards > SWF Link boards. Weekly reminders aren't necessary.
It's not even that. There ISN'T a Link board on SWF. I remember when I first joined, you tried to get me to join these boards. Do you know how bad I'd be if I actually listened to you? -_-

Helping these boards won't help anyone at all. In fact, it would only hinder them. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but by posting on these boards, you are greatly hindering all Link players. Please, let these boards die and do all Link players a favor.

Edit: Speaking of females and Link....

...And actual critique.
First off. Stop using Nair when he's incredibly far away. Use a LOT more Zair. The ROB approached soooo much and that's how he got you offstage most of the time. When it looks like ROB is gonna hit you offstage, don't immediately Up-B. Airdodging is good for preventing simple gimps. Use a lot more projectiles, play smarter and safer.

That's it from me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You're not helping any Link players by doing that.

It's not even that. There ISN'T a Link board on SWF. I remember when I first joined, you tried to get me to join these boards. Do you know how bad I'd be if I actually listened to you? -_-

Helping these boards won't help anyone at all. In fact, it would only hinder them. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but by posting on these boards, you are greatly hindering all Link players. Please, let these boards die and do all Link players a favor.
Explain to me how posting here hinders the boards or makes Links worse.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Explain to me how posting here hinders the boards or makes Links worse.
Do I haaaave toooooo?
I only posted here to tell you all to stop posting on these boards, I don't like being a hypocrite for too long.

Whatever, since I'm bumping it anyway:

Posting on these boards leads to more interest. More interest leads to more people. More people leads to a LOT of misled Link players. There's no reason for you to make these boards active at all. No one here truly knows Link. The only Link player that posts on these boards who has any idea is KirinBlaze (And it seems like you guys don't even listen to him. He even brought his matchup thread that we Links at AiB made and SEVERELY tried to convince him not to post here, and you guys ignore it). By posting on these boards, you are giving the impression that Link players still go here. Not everyone knows about AiB like SWF. This board would be better off just redirecting everyone to our boards.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Do I haaaave toooooo?
Yes.

I only posted here to tell you all to stop posting on these boards, I don't like being a hypocrite for too long.
You've done this for 50+ posts already.

Whatever, since I'm bumping it anyway:
ok.

Posting on these boards leads to more interest. More interest leads to more people.
Which is what I'm trying to accomplish.

More people leads to a LOT of misled Link players.
Your gonna get these kinds of people even if these boards are active or not.

Don't believe me go look at the SWF tier list discussion and see all of the people saying Link for C tier.

There's no reason for you to make these boards active at all. No one here truly knows Link.
So this means we should stop posting and give up, because we aren't Legan or Deva.

Nice logic here.

The only Link player that posts on these boards who has any idea is KirinBlaze (And it seems like you guys don't even listen to him. He even brought his matchup thread that we Links at AiB made and SEVERELY tried to convince him not to post here, and you guys ignore it).
This part is a blatant lie.

I posted in that exact thread and answered a PM saying I would love to have a thread about what AiB was saying on the match-ups to compare them to ours over here. That way we could fix problems and discover flaws.

(Ex. The AiB Links Lucario info is wrong in some areas. Aura boost doesn't extend the range of his attacks.)

We never ignored it. No one posted in the thread or even updated it. That thread is back at discussion #11 when it was updated last, AiB is at #21.

Get your facts straight next time.

By posting on these boards, you are giving the impression that Link players still go here.
Seeing as how people post here, even if not very often, then people obviously still come.

Not everyone knows about AiB like SWF.
Same can be said about AiB.

This board would be better off just redirecting everyone to our boards.
You have better Links, ok. That's no reason to go around every week posting how SWF sucks and people should let the boards die.

We want to make better Links and tell people the facts about him. Not posting goes against making Link players better.

AiB Links that are butthurt about what happened with the tier list months ago need to grow up.

ndayday

BRoomer
1; There's a board, I can show you pictures of the board existing. In fact, we're in it right now.
2; You'd be pretty bad IMO.

1; True, no true, I-know-everything-there-is-to-know-about-Link main goes here often. Ano counts I guess.
2; Define this board dying for me please? :(

Edit: Speaking of females and Link....
-picture-
On topic post. Nice.

Kirin doesn't even update the thing with posts as far as I know, even though most (everyone?) here showed extreme interest in it. I was thrilled these boards were getting something real.

This all should go in the Social BTW. I can see myself getting infracted.

pulse131

Smash Ace
well, i no against rob u wanna stay at mid range and keep zair and ur airiels(or however the hell its spelled) going, and dont try 2 intercept him, just let him recover unless hes running out of juice.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Pulse, avoid bumping really old threads like this one. The user is long gone at this point.

Good effort though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom