• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link or TL?

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
I know it's a little bit of a stupid question, considering I am in the Link discussion but what do you think makes Link better than TL?

I played Link for awhile but eventually I tried TL and it seemed obvious that TL was better.

I like Link more as a character than TL but I find it hard to accept a character when there is a near exact clone of that character who is substantially better.

sasook

Smash Champion
At face value, TL is better.

But Link has more AT's, his projectiles come out faster, and HE'S FREAKIN' LINK, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED lol jk.

The only thing TL has over Link, and no one denies this, is a recovery.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
So the general consensus I'm getting is that Link is clearly worse than TL but you only play him because he is "****ing Link"?

I can respect that. lol

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
imo link because his projectiles come out faster and hes heavier so he can take more hits

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
HE'S FREAKIN' LINK, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED
=The only answer that matters.

He's a beast to main. It takes a lot of effort, but just absorbing the juiciness of an opponent going "wtkrap how'd this guy beat me with Link" is just too good to resist.
Only the elite of this world use Link. None other can matter but the guy that can carry a freakin' ball and chain in one of his pockets and act like it ways nothing. (That may explain why he can't jump in TP, though...)

Hue

Smash Cadet
Also, Link falls very quickly, which can be a problem considering his bad recovery, but also is a lot of fun, since it speeds up his aerial game a lot. As some others mentioned, he has a lot of ATs, and ATs are fun to learn and master in general. A lot of TL mains think, for instance, that the Gale Boomerang is inferior to TL's boomerang, but the Galerang has so many applications, and is just plain cool.

In general, Link is a fast-paced, exciting character to play. AND HE'S FREAKING LINK.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
yeah but link is cooler and has faster projectiles combos imo

sasook

Smash Champion
Wait, who said Link's projectiles come out faster?

That would be me. I always thought his arrows and boomerang came out faster than TL's. Granted, TL takes out his bombs faster.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Well, Link's Arrows only travel faster, but they aren't as spammable as TL's... TL can sh double arrow, remember? He can sh boomerang > arrow cancel, sh bomb > arrow cancel. All of his projectiles come out faster than Link's and they have less cool down.

Back on topic, TL sucks and we hate him.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
TL can actually fire arrows in quicker succesion than Link can.

Izaw

Smash Ace
IMO only thing that makes LINK worse than Toon link is UP B, if they had the same UP B Link would dominate lulz

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
IMO only thing that makes LINK worse than Toon link is UP B, if they had the same UP B Link would dominate lulz
I agree with Izaw. When I use TL after using Link its like using Metaknight, I feel like I'll never fall to my death :p

sasook

Smash Champion
Nobody besides n00bs, at least. :p

TL racks up damage with quick attacks, Link delivers strong blows, which is usually the case between clones... except Captain Falcon can deliver strong blows as well as Ganon, only they're weaker...
Except, you know, TL has like half of the AT's that Link has....

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I think "HE'S FREAKING LINK!" will shortly become a Link boards joke lol

But I use Link because he has a sword. Other and better characters have swords but Link has a shield. @_@ That (as a 7-8 yr old boy) made him be my "favorite" (I didn't know the word "main" :p). This was in Melee. I'm just at the legal SWF age.

Also, HE'S FREAKING LINK!

•Col•

Smash Champion
This thread makes me happy.

A while ago, my friend tried to convince me to play ToonLink since Link wasn't so good in Brawl... I obviously refused. I said that Toon Link was stupid and Link was much cooler. (Don't get me wrong, I loved Wind Waker; It's what got me interested in the Zelda series.... but seriously... Give Toon Link a different ****ing moveset than regular Link... -___-)

Moldorm

Smash Rookie
Link is cooler, has better sword range, and arrows fly faster.
Toon Link is just too floaty and jumpy for me.

Abyss Master

Smash Rookie
What makes Link better, to me, is his wider range and heavier attacks. Toon Link is alright, his recovery is way better, but his d-air is easy to avoid, his attacks are weaker, and his projectile game just isn't as good as Link's. In my opinion.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Use link whenever you want to practice TL.... when you want to move the lack of recovery and airgame then choose TL...

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
i need links ff nair. and zair. and links bair is more badass than snakes drop kick. and i like my arrows to arch. lets me lock opponents sometimes. and links swordplant is much more intimidating. and he actually sounds like hes been through puberty.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
I like both Links but Link has his own place in my heart because... HE'S FREAKING LINK! Lol only real men use Link (that is so gonna get sigged :D). Only links terrible recovery lowers his potential ( theoretically his second jump is almost nonexistant in distance XD).

But honestly his AT's pwn and are very useful, his gale boomerang is very cool and though situational, the payoff is great (i've gimped an mk before with the gale). The arrows are very useful and the triple arrow AT is also very useful against campers.

His bombs simply deserve their own paragraph, they are the most easily manipulated weapon link has and the most useful (and they can kill and sometimes help u recover). Link's bombs totally outclass Tlink's bombs. PERIOD.

And Link's dair doesn't even need to be argued about. We all know Link's dair is the holy bane of all that is below 4 ft tall.

Top Bottom