• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link, meet Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Man, this is moderately depressing.... Top of the Bottom tier..... This is sad. But hey, the less the merrier, huh? It'll just be the few, the proud, the Link mains.

Ladies and gentlemen, and M2K, Travis and I have compiled the most accurate tier list in the history of man. There are 7 tiers, and characters are ordered within tiers. (Note that when it gets down to like low tier and sh*t, that sh*t's like a tossup. is lucas sh*ttier than ganon? who the **** knows)

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link

Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Yep, just us.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yup. It's feels good to own a Meta Knight with Link. :p But this is the best tier list around. |l'-__-

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I can't believe that people are taking this shit seriously.
Peach in high tier?
That's like saying Marth's the most manly person in the game.

I think it's meant to be a joke, relax.
And if not I want what they're smoking.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think that THAT particular tier list is very accurate...
Sheik being on the low tier? Really?
I don't know I just don't think it's that great. But the Meta Knight part is pretty close, unfortunately...

LINK FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Pit, Lucario and Wolf should be lower
Zelda, Luigi and Fox should be higher
Link should be at least 3rd or 4rth from the bottom of low tier

other than that M2K and the others did pretty good for a mock tier list.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bah, that list isn't completely accurate. That's for sure.

Link has so many technical options in his favor, he's gotta be low tier at least.

4Serial

Smash Lord
oh come on
who didn't see this coming?
it's obvious that sakurai hates Link with a passion and decides to make him terrible in every game. This is the same person who put tripping in brawl.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
If only Link's recovery were better,... *sugh* we've all said this...

But yeah, when the real tier list comes out, I don't expect Link to be any higher. If he is, it won't be by much.

Forlin

Smash Cadet
Isn't he still unranked on the big Smashboards tournament ranking tier list thing?

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
That list is gay, not only do I disagree with Link's placement, even though I do not know where I would put link, I definitely feel that he is better than BOTTOM tier, considering I win games with him. But, do you see how high Ganondorf is, and how high Peach is? Like and Dedede and Falco are way above a lot of characters that they shouldn't be above. I think that list is flawed. I have seen way better lists... eventhough Link placed bad on those lists as well, but I wouldn't get sad about that, I just think we have too many bad links out there not playing him right. Link for Low tier wooo.... we can do it!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This was probably created just to get people pissed off and cause them to go into a riot. Anyways, here are the things I think are bull with this in bold. I don't want to explain myself fully because I don't want this to explode into a full debate.

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby Lower.
Pit Lower.
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach Definately lower.

Mid Tier
Olimar Definately higher.
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda Higher.
Ike Definately lower.
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link Definately higher.

Low Tier
Samus
Ness Definately higher.
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas Definately higher.
Mario Definately higher.
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There is actually a reason why Lucas and Ness are low. They are among the easiest characters in the game to gimp (basically, you can attack their PK Thunder, and they die. Ness, all you have to do is hover around him and he dies). And recovery is a very big deal in Brawl. Even more so than in Melee IMO.

I expected Olimar to be lower honestly for similar reasons. Lightweight + 2nd easiest character to gimp is one of the worst combination of weaknesses you can have. =/

But yeah, there is a ton that is definitely very debatable on this list.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wouldn't say it's that easy and, if that were true, both characters would definately have even worse tournament results. You have to have pretty good accuracy to hit their PK Thunder even with someone like King Dedede. As for throwing yourself on it, again, it is extremelly risky especially when Ness's PKT2 can kill more than half of the cast at about 60% point blank. Good Ness/Lucas players can get it around pretty quickly so this really isn't an issue at all for them. Both characters have air stalls and Lucas has wave bouncing to help them get back as well. It's like with Diddy too, technically, he's supposed to be really easy to gimp too because the rockets explode when you hit him but he still gets by just fine.

Olimar is the camping king and it's amazing how far you can get with him simply by using shield grabs and properly spaced smash attacks. His recovery does suck but good luck trying to have an easy time getting him off the stage.

Oh and I just noticed how low Fox is. He should definately be higher as well.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Olimar is the camping king and it's amazing how far you can get with him simply by using shield grabs and properly spaced smash attacks. His recovery does suck but good luck trying to have an easy time getting him off the stage.
Nah, not really. He's not the camping king. That is Falco.

Olimar can almost universally be taken down by anyone who is patient enough (well, except for maybe guys like Captain Falcon). His spam isn't really much of a threat as long as you keep an eye out for the Purples. Most characters will have a way of swatting it away. His Smashes also have deceptively bad priority and many attacks if timed right can beat them.

Honestly, my experience is that Olimar's away game isn't really that amazing, and it's only a matter of time before he needs to waste time to pluck Pikmin when you can get closer to him. He can't really ledgeguard you much because his recovery doesn't permit that, and he can't do much to you once you get him in the air. And his Smash attacks like I said are beatable.

And he definitely has an extremely bad matchup vs G&W. G&W outcamps Olimar with D-tilts and N-airs, and ***** him if he gets a grab (which is actually not hard at all to do. Just shieldgrab one of his aerials, which will inevitably happen in the process of outcamping and punishing Olimar).

Oh and I just noticed how low Fox is. He should definately be higher as well.
Funny, I was thinking that a while ago, until I saw this.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4991733&postcount=12313

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
One thing, I didn't make this list. I found it on the Kirby boards. And hopefully, Link will be a bit higher but not out of low tier. Owning with a low tier is much more satisfying than owning with a high tier. :)

But seriously, I didn't make the list . :(

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I wish that was possible. MK has a better recovery than Link and is much faster. Thanks for the encouragement though! Pikachu is amazing. He's my third main!

AD1

Smash Rookie
i never understood why players get so upset about where their character is ranked who cares link is fun so if you like him play him....start winning tournaments with him and he'll move up in rank.

D

Deleted member

Singles Results: 50 entrants

1: darkrain (donkey)
2: Karmacide (snake)
3: Goat (mk)
4: Clel (marth)
5: Duck (Robot)
5: Affinity (mk)
7: Nynja (diddy)
7: 8bit (kirby)
9: ArkiveZero
9: AA
9: Jace
9: Audio
13: Pk Kid
13: Steven
13: dmac
13: Cameron
17: PyroD
17: Stealth
17: Alex
17: Phat
17: Xion
17: West
17: Attk
17: JTurley
25: Ashen
25: Monkey
25: Artik
25: Playa
25: Le
25: Chris
25: Tanooki
25: Benjamin
Take that tier list!

(I played 100% link even against MK and snake @_@)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You think this is official?

Yeah, three people can make the official tier list! RIGHT!!

Please wait for the SBR-Certified List before complaining about where your character falls on it.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom