• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Matchups - Someone who knows what's he's talking about

technomancer

Smash Champion
whoa, this thread is still alive?

I'd rather take the opinion from people who actually use Mario/Doc and people like Trevyn. Then again, other people who posted here came up with good reasons why you're wrong.
Hey! I actually use Mario, and my Cremate owns my Link with his Doc? I'm familiar with the matchup beyond what happens in my crew, and chaingrabs and Uair juggles basically means no win for Link. They also can own his spin attack with ledge invincibility easier than any other character and easier than Fox can shinespike him. If the Link manages to live on the stage and avoid getting *****, then yeah, he can win, which is why I give them 70-30.

....no. I don't hate Roy...I just hate Roy fanboys.
I hate being labeled. Respond to my arguement.

Kirby and Ness...um..NO
Peach isn't even with Link, it's commonly known that Link (as well as YLink) have the advantage on Peach.
Kirby and Ness, Yes. What pro Kirbses and Nesses have you played, ever, that you are basing this on? They're low tier because they can't beat Marth Fox Falco and Sheik, not because they can't beat Link.

UMMM, DI??? I'm well aware of Jigg's rest combo potential after playing Magus (who Mew2king says is better at rest combos that The King). Jigglypuff doesn't have an easy time death comboing Link at all (actually, she shouldn't vs any character unless the player sucks).
On a guess, you lost that match? It's difficult to DI vs. Jiggs unless you're a pro calibur player simply because of the awkward timing of the hits. Generally you're getting hit while you're trying to move or do something else, and "oh **** DI" doesn't cut it. "Getting combo'd to death" is different from 0-death combos (even though a b-air or f-air chain would cut it); Jiggs just lands three-hitters and mindgames/***** from there. Link has the D-air and U-air running strong in this matchup.

It's hard to Bair Link's spin attack. Link is one of the harder characters to edge guard in general...
It's easy to bair Link before he gets the spin attack off, and then it's pretty much over.

um...Link's sword = the length of Jiggypuff's body rofl
Pound beats Marth's and Link's forward smash pretty much clean. Ask Magus if you like.

hyper sheiguy

Smash Rookie
if jigglypuff attacks with pound he shouldn't be winning

and pikachu owns link
pikachu can only beat link with a tailspike,if a link player knows how to dodge that ,he will have some chances against pikachu. (although there are many ways to beat link with a pikachu,link can counters pretty well with his attacks)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
that's not true, pika edge gaurds link well with the downb lightening strike as he jumps back on the stage, which means links hookshot = doo doo

pika's fsmash outranges any of links attack... that's right, even his projectiles.

Always be weary of pika's tricky aerials.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
Kirby and Ness, Yes. What pro Kirbses and Nesses have you played, ever, that you are basing this on? They're low tier because they can't beat Marth Fox Falco and Sheik, not because they can't beat Link..

I'VE played Runt, who's quickly becoming a very well known Kirby player, from what i've seen and heard. I think he'd agree with me that Kirby gets ***** against Link.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I have a few things to respond to here.

Jigglypuff cannot easily beat Link, all the ones I have played I have destroyed. Pound is for recovering.

And that roy thing, Roy sucks except for looks, end of story.

Orginally by: Linkmastersword
pika's fsmash outranges any of links attack... that's right, even his projectiles.
I disagree, the boomerang can easily get through that cheap fsmash. As can bombs. Its pretty easy if you have nay knowledge of Link to get through that smash.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
If you suck so bad like you say, then it doesn't give a good measure of the matchup.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hey, I didn't pick up fox. I just use him for fun in friendlies.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah exactly, you have to be GOOD with Link to show if fox is a counter, and a few matches of the same people wouldnt prove anything. It would have to be a lot of matches by a bunch of different people and only then would you get an average idea of it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hey! I actually use Mario
Too bad you suck :ohwell: I'd rather listen to what Cyphus and TheCape say.
I hate being labeled. Respond to my arguement.
You brought it up...wtf. "Do you hate Roy" is what you said - "No, I just hate Roy fanboys" is what I said.

gg
Kirby and Ness, Yes. What pro Kirbses and Nesses have you played, ever, that you are basing this on? They're low tier because they can't beat Marth Fox Falco and Sheik, not because they can't beat Link.
What pro Kirbys and Nesses are YOU basing it on? Anyways, SLH answered this for me.

"I'VE played Runt, who's quickly becoming a very well known Kirby player, from what i've seen and heard. I think he'd agree with me that Kirby gets ***** against Link." -SLH

Kirbster and Omnigamer agree that Link>Kirby btw.
On a guess, you lost that match?
Word
It's difficult to DI vs. Jiggs unless you're a pro calibur player simply because of the awkward timing of the hits.
Not really. You have to expect it (which isn't that hard after enough experience). For instance, Magus would jump away with Jiggs, then float back. Hmm, I wonder why he would float back >_> (he'd float back, U-air + Rest).

I'm pretty sure Jiggs players agree that they don't or shouldn't have an easy time landing rest combos in general.

Anyways, DIing has became more common and popular among most smash players. I mean, Magus has trouble resting people such as Lord Knight. Last time I checked, he wasn't pro caliber.
Generally you're getting hit while you're trying to move or do something else, and "oh **** DI" doesn't cut it.
No ****, mindgames ftw? Jiggs players can't land a rest in any given situation.
"Getting combo'd to death" is different from 0-death combos (even though a b-air or f-air chain would cut it); Jiggs just lands three-hitters and mindgames/***** from there.
That's cool.

Link has the D-air and U-air running strong in this matchup.
D-air? No, too risky. Link has the U-air running strong in pretty much any matchup btw.
It's easy to bair Link before he gets the spin attack off, and then it's pretty much over.
I don't know about that, it really depends on how Link is positioned while of stage. But, that's cool, you still didn't prove me wrong. This is because the orginal statement by SexyDoodles was about Jiggs owning Link's recovery, such as his Up B move. Of course Bairing him before he...recovers would ruin him.
Pound beats Marth's and Link's forward smash pretty much clean. Ask Magus if you like.
Okay? I already now this....what doesn't her Pound beat? She's still outspaced nevertheless, a well spaced out Fsmash by Marth wouldn't have to worry. Alos, Pound isn't exactly that easy to land....let's not encourage people to Pound spam others.
I mean, I can talk about the Falcon Punch beating other attacks >_>

"if jigglypuff attacks with pound he shouldn't be winning" -Crashman, too good

Anyways...I'm really annoyed with this beef you have with me, get a life man.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
hey, i read somewhere, that you can ACTUALLY ATTACK WITH THE GRAPPLE!!!!!!!!!!1

if this doesnt change your mind about tiers idk what will..........

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
Yeah exactly, you have to be GOOD with Link to show if fox is a counter, and a few matches of the same people wouldnt prove anything. It would have to be a lot of matches by a bunch of different people and only then would you get an average idea of it.
google Link vs fox.

shut up. :D

edit and I'm stupid, I forgot I was double posting. be cool if a mod could merge my posts =[

Link-NY

Smash Ace

What Kirbies/Nesses have u played? your scrub nobody freind joe who lives across the street from you doestn count. I play aginst jay0yeah whos actually a pretty good kirby player who trains alot with bum who is also a well known and respectable player here in the E.C. Jay0yeah also gave tipmans gannon a hard time during a recent passed tourney here in NY and i can tell you that Link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kirby. BTW stop arguing wit New Jersie'z FINEST! unlike you he ALWAYS knows what he is talking about. NJ'z > Techno >=)))

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
What Kirbies/Nesses have u played? your scrub nobody freind joe who lives across the street from you doestn count. I play aginst jay0yeah whos actually a pretty good kirby player who trains alot with bum who is also a well known and respectable player here in the E.C. Jay0yeah also gave tipmans gannon a hard time during a recent passed tourney here in NY and i can tell you that Link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kirby. BTW stop arguing wit New Jersie'z FINEST! unlike you he ALWAYS knows what he is talking about. NJ'z > Techno >=)))
my name is aiser and I prove this message.

okay seriously, don't argue with nj, unless you have evidence to prove him wrong.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I play aginst jay0yeah whos actually a pretty good kirby player who trains alot with bum who is also a well known and respectable player here in the E.C.
yo linkny...do you live in the city?! i might go to college up there....below is not directed at you...

lol yea i play against kirbster...AKA best kirby player in the nation...he destroys...

just on a side note... it irritates me a lot when people from like NE talk about skill level...all these link players think they know so much about links game when you play against sub par players...if you haven't attended a MLG or a fest/ torney where there are at least one pro player (top 25) you really cant speak with any authority or knowlege about links match ups...ecc. No offence to njfinest hes prob seen some incredible skill...it just annoys me when people pull **** out of their ***** and say taht they are right...

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
^ >_> I went to cata2, there were alot of high level players there.

a local tourny which had pc and kdj.

put together a smashfest that pc attended. (help from milky from that one.)

only tournys I've been to when big names have attended. <_<

edit: I'm not trying to sound arrogant cause I went to tournys with 'big names'. just htought I'd throw it out there since people like to make assumptions based on join date.

>_> my real join date is dec 2005.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
naw i rarely judge people off their join date....thats just ********...its just some of the stupid **** that comes out of peoples mouth sometimes...

LOL and please don't make me go through AGAIN the type of skill that i play w/...

Skler

Smash Master
If only people who mained Link posted on the Link boards, not many people would be on it. Of course, if only people who mained Link and Bowser were on it, it still wouldn't have many people in it. I do wonder if either Gimpy or Crash uses Link though. Oh well, they make the board more interesting.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
mod power ftw ^^

btw, there's an Aniki vid out there where he wins with the boomerang. That just happened to me about two minutes ago ^.^

Top Bottom