• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, I'm actually confident in the data miners' abilities. *shrugs*

Many low tiers got significant buffs. It's great Link won't suffer from high tiers as much but his MUs with characters like Char, Ganon, Samus, Bowser and Zelda will be harder.
Normally I don't have problems fighting Ganon or Bowser using Link.

But Samus and Zelda can be a bit of a challenge sometimes.

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
Oh yeah I saw that. I was a tad disgruntled by seeing he'll put Link really low. Someone on reddit said it's probably a "conspiracy" against him lolz

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh yeah I saw that. I was a tad disgruntled by seeing he'll put Link really low. Someone on reddit said it's probably a "conspiracy" against him lolz
ZeRo is mad at Link for being involved in the Kennedy assassination :p.

D

Deleted member

Oh man, I hope Zero puts Link as the no1 worst character in the game XD It would make my day and night

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
When Link used slow d-air on a standing opponent, I thought it was supposed to still do the meteor effect, but instead, I'm getting this low knock back angle of up and away (which combos nicely into a 2nd pogo hit).

Rizen

Smash Legend
When Link used slow d-air on a standing opponent, I thought it was supposed to still do the meteor effect, but instead, I'm getting this low knock back angle of up and away (which combos nicely into a 2nd pogo hit).
That got changed 2 or 3 patches ago iirc.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
HI PROBLEM0!

That got changed 2 or 3 patches ago iirc.
It was 1.13, and as stated prior it only happens when the opponent is grounded.

I miss Brawl D-air kill power...

Last edited:

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
I use the as i like to call it ''The Hylian Pogo'' off of some characters projectiles like Luigi's Fireballs

D

Deleted member

Pogo stick is good, if you find a charizard who likes to spit fire, Just pogo on it. Bayonetta about to hit you with a smash attack, don't be a wimp and shield it, pogo it instead, they basically have the priority of a projectile anyways. Also, if you are able to time to Dair just right so you hit the opponent right after the 18% sweetspot it will at certain% lead into a 2nd pogo hit that then leads into another move be it Dair spike, up air, up-B or what ever you're into. Is it a good and reliable tech? no. Is it fun? very much so :)

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Can somebody confirm if Links arrows are more linear(travel farther on release).
Link's arrows have not changed. Tested on 3DS (Wii U is 1000 miles away currently) and arrows went 13 squares on Omega Green Hill Zone in 1.1.4. Updated 3DS and got 13 squares for 1.1.5.

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
i'm not that surprised that zero considers link really bad because he's strictly going off tournament results, link hasn't had good results regardless of izaw getting 9th at beast 6, perhaps that'll change over time but for right now he just has bad results

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
i'm not that surprised that zero considers link really bad because he's strictly going off tournament results, link hasn't had good results regardless of izaw getting 9th at beast 6, perhaps that'll change over time but for right now he just has bad results
Honestly, the fact that Link is capable of 9th like that suggests he can't be low tier. Izaw's not the only one getting good results with Link either.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Rooky got 17th at Super Smash Con with Link if I'm not mistaken, so there are more results than that.

Plus the characters he put above (like Shulk) have no results at all if I'm not mistaken lol.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
This is why I take none of those tier lists seriously. I don't care if you're the best player in the world. I don't care if you even made YouTube videos on the subject. I don't care if you're the guy that put Link in high tier. The opinion of one person is never correct in matters like this. Collective agreement is what matters in the end.

Zero's opinion on Link is quite interesting though. Considering he's better than a lot of the mid-tiers in that list and has pretty good results lately. If Link can make 9th at a tournament like that (props to Izaw), Link can certainly make 8th.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Neither of them are playing Link. Possibly both killed and replaced...

Edit: They were certainly killed.

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Mr. R thinking about bringing his Marth back!?

Oh my God, I thought I'd never see the day.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
You did a ledge jump then on the first frame of vulnerability you got hit by the part of the phantom slash that sets you up for the main hits which does 0%, but because it hit you on the opposite side (due to your hurtbox being invulnerable while it was going through you) it hit you the other way and on-stage. That's all.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's Phantom has a wonky windbox. It has a 0% hitbox attached to it, so you get stunned and blown but take no damage or knockback from the hit.

It's there to cover a blindspot that previously existed which rendered the phantom more dangerous to the user than the enemy. You had ledge invincibility which got you through the phantom's hits but got caught by wind hit, which at that angle combined with your momentum produced an odd slide.

EDIT: Okay fine server back up, let Fox post first.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know what happened, I'm ironically calling it a wave dash.
I'm just incredibly bored

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's a Mario Maker game, I want a LoZ builder. That would be so cool. You could switch between NEZ LoZ, ALttP, Four Swords and ALBW styles, add enemies, puzzles, etc.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Zero's metagame revolve entirely around beating shields, because he says shields are the most powerful option in the game. Link doesn't really have good shield pressure or a fast grab, so a lot of times opponents can sit in shield right next to Link without fear. None of the patches have fixed this, so it makes sense that Zero would rate Link lowly on his personal list. I disagree with him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom