• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Umeki seems to agree on the 50:50 Peach vs. Link matchup based on twitter.

Also Larry Lurr thinks Fox only has a slight advantage against Link? Interesting.... Sure most of the cast is in that category, but that's still higher than I expected. Props to Scizor?

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
http://challonge.com/MyDadLeftMe

Going out to my first tournament on Saturday! Will be playing :4cloud2: and :4link:.

I'm up against the favorite to win the tourney first tho lol. The pools were randomized so even tho I should be 3rd seed I'm going to be playing the 1 or 2 seed first -_-

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Obligatory: Does Unknown dream of Fighting Robots?

I love all the youtube comments about unknown wondering whether he's Samuel L Jackson lol

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
So, I finally could play a tournament... I couldn't play one in about one month and a half...

I was trainingless... I encounter a Corrin user in 1/4 finals, and it was weird, because I not even have Corrin in my console. I loss 0-2. Later on I played against a Bayoneta user... he is a Sheik main, but our matchs are very close, so he tried to play with bayoneta. I won 2-1.

I finally play against the Corrin player in loser final, and I could decifrate how corrin works; i won 2-0

Finally i arrived to grand final! My opp. was a Ness/Zss user. He played Ness first match, and ZSS second and third match. I won 3-0 and reset! He was couched to keep Ness. I varely lose 3-2. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I can't, for the love of god, win a f**** tournament!

All of the other guys in the tournament were in the previous National tournament, and placed very well, so i am kind of relieve that my level didn't decrease... but I will try my best to win the next tournament.

(im mad ._.)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
So, I finally could play a tournament... I couldn't play one in about one month and a half...

I was trainingless... I encounter a Corrin user in 1/4 finals, and it was weird, because I not even have Corrin in my console. I loss 0-2. Later on I player against a Bayoneta user... he is a Sheik main, but our matchs are very close, so he tried to play with bayoneta. I won 2-1.

I finally play against the Corrin player in loser final, and I could decifrate how corrin works; i won 2-0

Finally i arrived to grand final! My opp. was a Ness/Zss user. He played Ness first match, and ZSS second and third match. I won 3-0 and reset! He was couched to keep Ness. I varely lose 3-2. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I can't, for the love of god, win a f**** tournament!

All of the other guys in the tournament were in the previous National tournament, and placed very well, so i am kind of relieve that my level didn't decrease... but I will try my best to win the next tournament.

(im mad ._.)
Great work! You'll win next time ;)

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty fantastic tourney run without considering the competition and your time away from the scene. Congratulations, and I hope you do even better next time.

D

Deleted member

Hi, I've been looking all over but can't find a list of what moves do what Shield damage in Sm4sh. And I failed :/ Any of you got something like it to spice up my Link play?

Rizen

Smash Legend

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Actually Link's overall lack of noticeable shield pressure is what hurts him so much. If he had any way to pressure opponents on block either safely, or with the risk of the oppoent's shield being broken he could convert some damage out of situations like that. As it stands though, all of Link's pokes are punishable, none of them make the opponent sweat shield damage in the slightest, and the one thing every character can do to beat shields (grab) is reactably slow.

D

Deleted member

Ok thank you. It's pretty sad that Link has no moves that does extra shield damage but I guess I'm just gonna have to make due with it. Again, thank you <3

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Actually Link's overall lack of noticeable shield pressure is what hurts him so much. If he had any way to pressure opponents on block either safely, or with the risk of the oppoent's shield being broken he could convert some damage out of situations like that. As it stands though, all of Link's pokes are punishable, none of them make the opponent sweat shield damage in the slightest, and the one thing every character can do to beat shields (grab) is reactably slow.
jab2, ftilt, dtilt, back hit of utilt, fair, zair and even dsmash2 are all safe on shield if spaced correctly. (which isnt really difficult)
If someone is camping in shield, I hack away at it with double jab to dtilt a couple of times. They'll usually freak out and roll or jump away. Roll away and jump away can be punished with boomerang, and roll behind can be punished with spin slash, or more heavily with down smash or up smash. Even if they get away you get that period where they're too scared of a shield break to block anything.

micahismyname

Smash Rookie
NNID
micahismyname
edit: Don't mind me. I moved this comment to somewhere more relevant.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
jab2, ftilt, dtilt, back hit of utilt, fair, zair and even dsmash2 are all safe on shield if spaced correctly. (which isnt really difficult)
If we're talking about using those "pokes" in neutral, at least half of those should not be listed.

Link has terrible pokes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This place has decent activity :). I've had a lot to deal with irl and that's sapped my energy. I do a lot to take care of other people.

I hope to see something about the Wii U LoZ before E3 but that's unlikely. I'm drifting further and further from Nintendo since they seem to be increasingly anime and kid oriented. Their games are frequently too hand holding and shallow for me.

Anyway keep doing work guys.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
The new Zelda seems to be a lot less hand-holdy, and more the type of open-ended adventure the first Zelda was. I hope they keep to that, and that I'm capable of handling those games again.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
If we're talking about using those "pokes" in neutral, at least half of those should not be listed.

Link has terrible pokes.
true, i just figured it was about safety on shield for some reason. misunderstanding on my part i suppose.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
true, i just figured it was about safety on shield for some reason. misunderstanding on my part i suppose.
To be fair, I could be the one to misunderstand the subject he was trying to point out...

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
So I'm hearing 1.1.5 just released and has balance changes? Are replays null and void again?

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Are you for reals?

I just saved a replay of me killing a Little Mac with a rapid jab by ledge, and inhale to death the second stock. Now it will be lost forever.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I haven't updated yet. Should I keep the old version for comparison, or just update and tell you if I notice anything?

EDIT: I'm impatient and there are pros to test things.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Until now (im on bed, so i can't test myself):
- Mk was nerfed (doesn't kill in low percentage anymore)
- Sheik neddles has less range. Fthrow has a decent degree change (can't combo as easy as before).
- ZSS has a pair of decreases in damage.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Link seems untouched from what I can tell. Bombsliding, soft throwing bombs, DThrow, the Jab 1-2 mixup, etc. seem the same among other things.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Fair conects with Jab 1 in lower percentages... it get registered as a combo in Training... can someone confirm this not happened before?

Top Bottom