• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
As a Cloud main I'd say you're all horrible people.

But as a Duck Hunt main, well, keep up the good work.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
There was going to be a crew battle at a tournament this Saturday with Cat and other players from the South of the country versus South-Holland, but Cat's regional crewmembers had to cancel and xir isn't coming anymore either, so my regional crew, the Deltametropolis, will probably take over. Watch at http://www.twitch.tv/smashgamersunited

Rizen

Smash Legend
Here are my thoughts on the Nintendo Direct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arl3ACzJCBI
The NDirect was disappointing imo.

Being forced to pay for both Starfox games if you want a physical copy (and my wii u doesn't have room to download) is a d*** move. With that said SFZero looks good.
No strong feelings about Splatoon and IDC about the M&S Olympic series.
Mario Maker looks pretty cool; I might buy it after all.
I actually think the new Paper Mario might be good. It's too early to judge it as a Sticker Star clone anyway.
IDC about Pokken or TP HD.
Pocket Card Jockey, wow way to make a worse Solitaire game than the one that came free on my PC.
The FE crossover by Atlas looks annoying AF. Not my style AT ALL.
Metroid Prime FF, I wouldn't mind this if there was an actual Metroid game between it and Other M. Bobble heads, really? Even MP Hunters had the realistic sci-fi feel the series is know for. Everyone will tell you the first Metroid Prime was a fantastic game we want more of so stop jerking us around Nintendo!

The rest are either 3DS, which I don't own or I simply don't care enough to comment on.

PS no Wii U LoZ info? :glare:

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Here are my thoughts on the Nintendo Direct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arl3ACzJCBI
The NDirect was disappointing imo.

Being forced to pay for both Starfox games if you want a physical copy (and my wii u doesn't have room to download) is a d*** move. With that said SFZero looks good.
No strong feelings about Splatoon and IDC about the M&S Olympic series.
Mario Maker looks pretty cool; I might buy it after all.
I actually think the new Paper Mario might be good. It's too early to judge it as a Sticker Star clone anyway.
IDC about Pokken or TP HD.
Pocket Card Jockey, wow way to make a worse Solitaire game than the one that came free on my PC.
The FE crossover by Atlas looks annoying AF. Not my style AT ALL.
Metroid Prime FF, I wouldn't mind this if there was an actual Metroid game between it and Other M. Bobble heads, really? Even MP Hunters had the realistic sci-fi feel the series is know for. Everyone will tell you the first Metroid Prime was a fantastic game we want more of so stop jerking us around Nintendo!

The rest are either 3DS, which I don't own or I simply don't care enough to comment on.

PS no Wii U LoZ info? :glare:
I groaned with disappointment when I saw that the new Monster Hunter game was going to be on the 3DS. Seriously, give us another MH on the Wii U. Tri and Ultimate were amazing, they can totally do it again.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
There was going to be a crew battle at a tournament this Saturday with Cat and other players from the South of the country versus South-Holland, but Cat's regional crewmembers had to cancel and xir isn't coming anymore either, so my regional crew, the Deltametropolis, will probably take over. Watch at http://www.twitch.tv/smashgamersunited
nvm crew battle has been cancelled, can still see me in singles though, and doubles (we're doing double duck hunt gonna be fun)

nintendo direct didn't matter for me I just want star fox zero

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
you dont even play link anymore though so it doesnt matter :(

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I groaned with disappointment when I saw that the new Monster Hunter game was going to be on the 3DS. Seriously, give us another MH on the Wii U. Tri and Ultimate were amazing, they can totally do it again.
Monster Hunter Generations (aka Monster Hunter X), was already released last year in Japan on 3DS and did really well (apparently got some old PSP MH3P fans back too). Monster Hunter still sells the most on 3DS (like ~3M per entry in JP) and had its best performance in the US thus far with MH4U (over 3 times MH3U), so it's kind of a given that it remains on 3DS at the very least. Honestly your best bet for a console Monster Hunter is probably NX and not Wii U, given that the Wii U is definitely winding down.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Monster Hunter Generations (aka Monster Hunter X), was already released last year in Japan on 3DS and did really well (apparently got some old PSP MH3P fans back too). Monster Hunter still sells the most on 3DS (like ~3M per entry in JP) and had its best performance in the US thus far with MH4U (over 3 times MH3U), so it's kind of a given that it remains on 3DS at the very least. Honestly your best bet for a console Monster Hunter is probably NX and not Wii U, given that the Wii U is definitely winding down.
Eh, I just like playing games like that on a way bigger screen. I couldn't stand the PSP MH games because I found the controls to be really weird and clunky.

Anonymous284

Smash Rookie
Why is Link considered low tier? I just want to know, because he actually doesn't feel too bad in Smash 4, unlike in other games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mostly because of poor representation, among other things. Only real notable Link out these is Scizor, and Izaw who got 9th at BEAST 6. He has the tools to do well at locals and regionals, but fails to perform well consistently at majors.

Link is a character who really suffers vs. rushdown and close-quarters combat due to his mediocre mobility, tall frame coupled with a fast falling speed and heavy weight. In layman's terms, he's a combo buffet. He has good range, KO power and projectile setups but when somebody actually manages to break through his defenses he has a very hard time turning things around. His MU spread is also pretty questionable. I can't really name any relevant character Link beats solidly. Maybe :4dk:? w/e.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Except Link is not actually low tier, people just dont know **** about him.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Mostly because of poor representation, among other things. Only real notable Link out these is Scizor, and Izaw who got 9th at BEAST 6. He has the tools to do well at locals and regionals, but fails to perform well consistently at majors.

Link is a character who really suffers vs. rushdown and close-quarters combat due to his mediocre mobility, tall frame coupled with a fast falling speed and heavy weight. In layman's terms, he's a combo buffet. He has good range, KO power and projectile setups but when somebody actually manages to break through his defenses he has a very hard time turning things around. His MU spread is also pretty questionable. I can't really name any relevant character Link beats solidly. Maybe :4dk:? w/e.
He does well against Rosa which is probably the best thing we can say about him according to some people here (including Cat and Nimious, I think). That's not to say that Link has a definite advantage, but it's pretty close. Same can be said about Cloud and Falcon for the most part (they aren't bad MUs at all, really).

D

Deleted member

He does well against Rosa which is probably the best thing we can say about him according to some people here (including Cat and Nimious, I think). That's not to say that Link has a definite advantage, but it's pretty close. Same can be said about Cloud and Falcon for the most part (they aren't bad MUs at all, really).
I can see Falcon or Cloud being alright for him, but he'd still lose to them. 'Round -1 but not anything worse than that.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I cringe every time you guys discuss matchups.

Also, I beat ADHD yesterday. Unfortunately he's not the threat that he was in the Brawl era. Really nice guy though for sure.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Except Link is not actually low tier, people just dont know **** about him.
There was this thread for MUs, generally I refer to Cat's list since Cat has a lot of tourney experience:
http://smashboards.com/threads/matchup-chart-project-2015-calling-link-mains.422724/#post-20440630
These two posts seem to contradict Catana Catana . You seem to say Link has a terrible matchup spread, but is not low tier? Are you saying he's bottom tier or something o_O?

Also weren't most folks just saying he should be in E tier on the tier list based on results alone? That's still top of low tier right?

Eh, I just like playing games like that on a way bigger screen. I couldn't stand the PSP MH games because I found the controls to be really weird and clunky.
I agree about a bigger screen being better. I'm just saying there isn't a huge chance for it to be on a big screen until NX :/.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I came here tonight to look for a MU spread and some breakdown vs characters to explain why they're plus or minus, but we seem a little outdated.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
^patches and such. I would be good to have more finite discussions now that those are gone :/ (not in this thread)

Found this,
http://smashboards.com/threads/extra-shielddamage.432429/
Link has no extra shield pressure except on throws which is competitively useless.
If you want to open some up, or start a character a week, starting with the top 15, we could get started on it.

I'll try to help more, but I haven't played enough high level players to know that matches, and I'm not national level myself. Or else, you know, I wouldn't have been coming here to look it up.

Lame. Extra shield damage on our sword strikes or bombs would've been beastly.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I've opened up the Corrin MU thread again so feel free to talk about that in there. Also it should go without saying at this point that Bayonetta is also fair game, so if someone wants to make a thread about that MU then feel free to do so.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
this is roughly how i see link's matchups as of right now (rows are in no particular order): http://puu.sh/nAJOQ/508bd87842.jpg
Cool. Btw, why do you view Ryu as a matchup as bad as Fox for Link? I feel while Ryu definitely packs a punch, he doesn't have ridiculous run/air speed, and his game is mostly close up. In addition, our multi-hit moves do fairly well against Focus Attack imo, although I may be missing something.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Interesting. I'm curious about why you place Diddy Kong is 40-60. I place it more as 50-50, as do the local Diddy mains I talk to. ZSS is more even than I thought. I hope to see it more fleshed out in proper places so I know what I'm missing.
read my long post in the diddy mu thread (page 2) and onwards

Cool. Btw, why do you view Ryu as a matchup as bad as Fox for Link? I feel while Ryu definitely packs a punch, he doesn't have ridiculous run/air speed, and his game is mostly close up. In addition, our multi-hit moves do fairly well against Focus Attack imo, although I may be missing something.
fadc through projectiles in the air and his walk is amazing cause of his tilts and jab so he can easily walk up and shield everything until he gets close and have amazing tools to destroy us which he never loses because hes walking instead of dashing, he also doesnt need to fear our grab too much cause hes hard to combo out of dthrow. also our 'multihit' moves are more like just double hit moves (except for usmash) which are all pretty slow inbetween and due to the added hitstun its quite possible to just dash out of it after focus attack on reaction. you'll need an actual multihit move like pit's uair/fair to deal with it reliably. its possible to keep him out for a while but not forever and once he gets in its devastating, you'll need to outplay your opponent in order to win this mu imo hence why i put it down there

Last edited:
Top Bottom