• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
I'm lurking but goddamn, this is why people hate Smash 4's scene

Not Melee, PM or Smash in general but Smash 4 because you mother****ers can't grow up and act like adults. All over a damn video game. How about thinking before reacting and doing the common sense thing to not cause drama or do you do for the lawlz?

That's all I'm gonna say and I'm out
As if Melee (AKA a 15 y/o game some old fogey scrubs still play) and PM's (AKA a dead hack) scenes are completely mature...

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
I'm lurking but goddamn, this is why people hate Smash 4's scene

Not Melee, PM or Smash in general but Smash 4 because you mother****ers can't grow up and act like adults. All over a damn video game. How about thinking before reacting and doing the common sense thing to not cause drama or do you do for the lawlz?

That's all I'm gonna say and I'm out
You say that like there was no conflict in the brawl, pm and melee scenes ever, in the years and years that they have been out for. Please think before you post.

As if Melee (AKA a 15 y/o game some old fogey scrubs still play) and PM's (AKA a dead hack) scenes are completely mature...
Alright dude, don't start a war between the different smash games XD. Both melee and pm are amazing games. As long as people compete in tournaments PM will never die.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Both players shouldn't be proud of their behavior. obviously @Izaw is mostly at fault here. But ZeRo hasn't exactly been a prince ethier.

@TSM ZeRo as the face of Smash Wii U you certainly should not be using popularity to start witchhunts. Obivously you have an abundunane of reaons to be upset. But do you really need to rally all everyone in the Link Boards to hate Izaw? While constantly pointing out how everyone hates Izaw. Witchhunts and Drama isn't something that the Smash community is about and doesn't do anything but make our community look worse while poorly influencing new players who come to reddit/Smashboards to learn more about the game. (oh wait why am I posting this on the Link Boards -_- its like ****ing salem here).

@Izaw its a stupid and abiitary match that doesn't actually contribute MU knowledge (ZeRo doesnt even play Link). A lot of people have lost respect for you and hopefully you can learn from your mistakes to rebuild your credbility.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
But, being honest, I really don't know who to side with. I like @TSM ZeRo but I feel like there is more to the story. Is there a reason why @Izaw has been "hated for 7 years"? Despite all my casual joking, I am quite honestly thoroughly intrigued. I just feel like the whole thing spiraled out of control so fast. I must be missing a piece of the puzzle.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
But, being honest, I really don't know who to side with. I like @TSM ZeRo but I feel like there is more to the story. Is there a reason why @Izaw has been "hated for 7 years"? Despite all my casual joking, I am quite honestly thoroughly intrigued. I just feel like the whole thing spiraled out of control so fast. I must be missing a piece of the puzzle.
I'll sum up why Izaw has been disliked by the Link Boards since Brawl:

Read the last five pages or so.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
I'll try and answer this the best way I can. In short Izaw has done stuff similar to this in the past. If you want a more detailed story, im sure someone would give you that information. I haven't been around nearly as long as some of these guys.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Son, I am disappoint. What has happened to you?
I happened to stumble upon some common sense and decided to strip myself from the toxicity and drama that plagues the Link boards.

nah im jk ****s pretty entertaining.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You say that like there was no conflict in the brawl, pm and melee scenes ever, in the years and years that they have been out for. Please think before you post.

Alright dude, don't start a war between the different smash games XD. Both melee and pm are amazing games. As long as people compete in tournaments PM will never die.
I ain't talking about them. I'm talking about this and now and how much petty bull**** we have over here.

Doesn't matter about the games, act your damn age

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I ain't talking about them. I'm talking about this and now and how much petty bull**** we have over here.
er...
And most important of all, don't take anything on the internet seriously. NO EXCEPTIONS
Stahp Poasting... pls?

Anyone else seen this yet?

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Well went 3-2 at the tourney today (went all Link). 4th in the state went Ganondorf (his tertiary?) and won the fairly small tourney. I did terribly my first set (was just really off for some reason, probably not warmed up or something, although that guy might have beat me anyways), but then did fine the rest of bracket. Played some friendlies and it was generally fun.

Last edited:

Sev3n

Smash Cadet
Update on TNS: made it to Losers Semis in my pool and died to a Bayonetta. I don't know if Link can feaibly do that matchup and I didn't know it with MK so that sucked. Puts me 4th in my pool meaning top 64 out of ~220.
Eh.
Can't speak for Fierce, Saber, Duo or Missing. There were a lot of Links here

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

just for the record this is true for just about every fighting game and possibly every e sport.
I'm not going to excuse this kind of pettyness from the community but please know that this is no where near the most immature scene

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Maybe if your own peers have hated you for 7 years, maybe just maybe, it's not them, but... you who is the problem.

Food for thought :D

Also, come on, accept my money match, why ignore my request :D hmmm hmmm?
A lot (A LOT) of latinamerican people, including people you knew from Chile hate you (spoiler: I'm not one of them... I just don't like your attitude)... but it don't say nothing about you.

A lot of people hate the other people's success, and some other simple dislike you because nobody is a golden money... Just be nice as the best competitive player out there and let the f***** replay! jeezz.. You accepted the match, and if there were someone with a camera, you would have no right over it, you just had the luck that the replay was in you wii u.

First of all, @TSM ZeRo , I want to know that I support you and I'm sorry such a stupid thing as this is escalating so fast.
why do you lie? :x

Also... I was late 'cause social real life... I'm proud of Izaw for being honest and apologies... Also, i'm proud of zero for (i hope) not upload a video destroying Izaw's popularity...

I will keep my fist impresion of the Zero's post, because is a good thing to know! You just CAN'T be loved for everyone... specially if you are a person soooo successful as Zero or so Straightforward as Izaw...

Just be nice :D

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm proud of Izaw for being honest and apologies... Also, i'm proud of zero for (i hope) not upload a video destroying Izaw's popularity...

so Straightforward as Izaw...
:rolleyes:

Anyone know when the X-Men Apocalypse movie is coming out?

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos

yeah, looking forward to that. Coming out May 27th in America. It just seems that in the next few years and the last few years, all the movies are superheroes

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato

Maybe I'm not using my english in the correct way...

I was wanting to say "direct"... mmm... How i say it? I wanted to say that Izaw tell or does what he thinks without taking into account the consecuences or the way other people could take it... as, for example, uploading the replay...

Last edited:

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
Maybe I'm not using my english in the correct way...

I was wanting to say "direct"... mmm... How i say it? I wanted to say that Izaw tell or does what he thinks without taking into account the consecuences or the way other people could take it... as, for example, uploading the replay...
Yeah, but you can't compare the hate that ZeRo gets to the hate Izaw gets. ZeRo may get a little hate from doing something, but it is usually either sometimes out of jealousy or sometimes out of annoyance of how much he wins SSB4. Izaw isn't hated because of gameplay, but from his actions.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm going to tourney tomorrow. Small local, $5 buy in, nothing serious. However, I'd like to participate in some shenanigans regarding another player, and it'd be nice if ya'll would help me out.
There is a player who's constantly joining our gaming sessions. He's a colossal tool to everyone he plays with, and a troll on the internet. He claims to be amazing. However, he has decided to not partake in our tourney due to "funding issues".
After some research, I found his Twitter and YouTube page. I'd like to request that people leave SUPPORTIVE messages on one of his YouTube vids. Tell him he's godlike, an amazing player, ect. Our best player has offered to throw a mock match against him to boost his ego. We're all tired of his ****, and we'd like to knock him down a peg. Plus, we want to increase the pot size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKatpWNMVj8

Dumbfire Dumbfire Please?!
Sorry for wait, delivered as requested

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Yeah, but you can't compare the hate that ZeRo gets to the hate Izaw gets. ZeRo may get a little hate from doing something, but it is usually either sometimes out of jealousy or sometimes out of annoyance of how much he wins SSB4. Izaw isn't hated because of gameplay, but from his actions.
You are assuming things you don't know...

But yeah, i understand your hate for Izaw... Zero is more or less the same than Izaw when he was in Chile... I dislike his attitude, but I can't hate someone just because something like this.. Although, other people don't agree with my kind of vision.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
why do you lie? :x
Technically I wasn't lying. I do support Zero in all of this since I believe that he was the offended party (as I made it quite clear in my own post). I also am sorry that something as inane as this has become an issue, because let's be honest, the whole matter could've easily been avoided.

However, I am happy that it happened, because at least through this Izaw has been exposed to the entire smash community for what the Link Boards have known him to be since 2008. I know you like Izaw Drigo, specially since you're not a vet technically, but just try to imagine what it's like to have someone who you know is not what he presents himself to be, who lies and presents false information to gain popularity and then dissed on his entire community, the community that supported him and helped him from the start, all to save his image and be seen as "the greatest" by outsiders.

So yes, I am glad that this happened because it was the only way that Izaw could be exposed.

Capu

Smash Rookie
You know what, I have decided to re-upload it out of my own principles and if some of you disagree with my decision, well then I'm sorry to disappoint.

Here's the story, after this MM that was PURELY FOR FUN, I asked ZeRo to connect the Wii U to wifi and send me the replays. He said 'No'.
So I decided to message ZeRo's friends and bother them until I got sent the replays.
I told them it was purely for having the replays as a "souvenir", and that I wouldn't upload the matches. Which were my intentions.
I bothered them SO MUCH that I finally got the replays 2 hours before the new patch, imagine my stress and anxiousness. I'm aware of that this was bad, but it was the only way.
When I came home I got a lot of hateful messages from tons of people telling me I was liar for not uploading the ZeRo MM if I really did win it.
I told them the match was for fun and that it wasn't anything serious anyway. The hate continued. So I decided end it by uploading the set.
After uploading it I got a message from ZeRo, he wasn't pleased and felt disrespected. I did wrong, I did something bad, I broke the promise, I lied.
I respected him, apologized and deleted the set.
Even tho he threatened me to go all out on "social media" about it.
After a couple of days I messaged him asking him if I could re-upload the set, the set had 17.000k views before it got deleted, so basically everyone had already seen it.
Apparently the set brought a lot of match up knowledge, hope, excitement and inspiration for a lot of viewers, and all of them were disappointed that it was deleted.
I asked for his approval to upload it purely for the sake of "fun/entertaining/informative/inspiring".
His response was: "I don't care if people want it or not, I don't care if you want it or not. I say no and that's the end of it."
I respected this man, but I didn't respect this reply at all. He has no privilege to tell me what I can do with my channel and boss me around, that's not how things work.
These are not "his" matches to decide over, and expect a simple "No, because I say so, I don't care what you and other people want." to be valid and respectful reason.
Well, and eye for an eye then. You'll get treated the way you treat people.
In response: I don't care what he wants. I now want to upload it. And it's going to stay uploaded.
Enjoy.

Zero is just someone who plays the game, just like you. He is no different from the rest of us and he is no one to say what you can and can't do. I got your back and I'm glad you took that decition.
I hope everyone can put all of this behind them and take it for what it is, a MM just for fun between two really good players. End of story

I like how I'm getting messaged by other Link players mentioning how much they dislike you, @Izaw and how you have been doing things like this for years.

Also, couldn't agree more with @Janus_Zeal

Also @ LOL at me not respecting you because I had a request.

Let's talk about how you lied to my friends over sob stories to make them feel bad and send you the replay, because that's OK. Or how you lied to me, told me you wouldn't upload it, but went against your own word and promise, then proceeded to brag about it everywhere, 'but it's for fun' right?

Sure, let's brag about it. OR.

Maybe you should money match my Sheik for $1000 if you think you can beat me. And for the Izaw bonus, let's say the winner gets to put it up in their youtube channel.

But we all know you're never going to accept that. Why? I don't think I even need to say anything further.
I bet Zero that if you were the one who won that Link dittos you would have already uploaded it in your channel. Not only that but also make a link guide / analysis and a for glory tournament gameplay commentary. Don't go acting all humble and respectful. If you don't want MM saved and shown to the world then don't play MM at all seriously.. it's just a game, have fun...
Y báñate así te sacas la sal de encima huevón

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
User was warned for this post
Just be nice :D
i wonder how much more ignorant the world would look like if everyone shared this intoxicating type of view.

Zero is just someone who plays the game, just like you. He is no different from the rest of us and he is no one to say what you can and can't do. I got your back and I'm glad you took that decition.
I hope everyone can put all of this behind them and take it for what it is, a MM just for fun between two really good players. End of story
lmao pathetic tryhard dickrider. is this post for real?

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Elessar Elessar dude ok we get it already, alot of the older forum doesn't like Izaw. Can you drop it already every newbie that comes in is getting put off by the thread.

Instead of letting the thread expand your putting the newbies off

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Elessar Elessar dude ok we get it already, alot of the older forum doesn't like Izaw. Can you drop it already every newbie that comes in is getting put off by the thread.

Instead of letting the thread expand your putting the newbies off
good we dont want them, stahp poasting

I bet Zero that if you were the one who won that Link dittos you would have already uploaded it in your channel. Not only that but also make a link guide / analysis and a for glory tournament gameplay commentary. Don't go acting all humble and respectful. If you don't want MM saved and shown to the world then don't play MM at all seriously.. it's just a game, have fun...
Y báñate así te sacas la sal de encima huevón
stahp poasting

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
i wonder how much more ignorant the world would look like if everyone shared this intoxicating type of view.
Mmm... interesting point of view indeed...

I'm the kind of person that believe that the world need to be much more ignorant, and WAY less insufferable... and also, that we would be way smarter and more advanced if the knowledge could be free to share... not share is part of the 'not be nice with other people' thing...

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Mmm... interesting point of view indeed...

I'm the kind of person that believe that the world need much more ignorant, and WAY less insufferable... and also, that we would be way smarter and more advanced if the knowledge could be free to share... not share is part of the 'not be nice with other people' thing...
I don't know man, the world we know was built off of being rough. Most advances in technology and science was made because of war. The building of most civilizations was to ensure protection from the harshness of nature and later to defend oneself from other civilizations. Much was discovered in trying to reach the moon and we only did that out of spite towards the Russians. I think being mean, while it may not be the right thing to do, actually makes the world better.
On top of that, because reality and human nature ensures that there will always be evil (actual evil, not name calling online) in the world, it is good to go through rough stuff to be better prepared for it. Civilizations fall due to becoming soft, look at the Roman Empire. I think this dog eat dog attitude on these boards is actually beneficial.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I don't know man, the world we know was built off of being rough. Most advances in technology and science was made because of war. The building of most civilizations was to ensure protection from the harshness of nature and later to defend oneself from other civilizations. Much was discovered in trying to reach the moon and we only did that out of spite towards the Russians. I think being mean, while it may not be the right thing to do, actually makes the world better.
On top of that, because reality and human nature ensures that there will always be evil (actual evil, not name calling online) in the world, it is good to go through rough stuff to be better prepared for it. Civilizations fall due to becoming soft, look at the Roman Empire. I think this dog eat dog attitude on these boards is actually beneficial.
Dude... I really understand your point... but try to think also in this way:
It is really matter so much advance, if only a minimal percentage of the world could take advantage of it?

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Dude... I really understand your point... but try to think also in this way:
It is really matter so much advance, if only a minimal percentage of the world could take advantage of it?
Like I said, may not be the right thing to do, but is the most efficient.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm not sure if I asked this already (please say if I have) but what did you guys think of Link's placement in the tier list (particular in comparison to Toon Link). I personally think Link is t tad too low.

Speaking of X-Men, anyone here see Deadpool?

:135:

Top Bottom