• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
data\fighter\lizardon\script\animcmd\weapon\explosion\game.bin

They did something.

According to someone, up-tilt has less knockback (to combo better) and F-Smash now deals 20% uncharged untippered.

Can confirm the 20%, and Smashwiki says it should only do 19%.

In more placebo related news, boomerang feels like it moves faster and bombs feel like they have a more Melee gravity, but I don't know.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
data\fighter\lizardon\script\animcmd\weapon\explosion\game.bin

They did something.

According to someone, up-tilt has less knockback (to combo better) and F-Smash now deals 20% uncharged untippered.

Can confirm the 20%, and Smashwiki says it should only do 19%.

In more placebo related news, boomerang feels like it moves faster and bombs feel like they have a more Melee gravity, but I don't know.
I hope there's no change to UTilt.... that was like our best kill move T_T... Also did UThrow always kill Sheik on smashville at 150% even with DI?

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
The source for that is unreliable. Last patch he insisted Link was faster, even after multiple people said their tests were negative.

Arrow trajectory feels more linear and goes farther as well? I was always annoyed at how little of battlefield I could cover in a short hopped quick release, but not I can cover 3/4's of it easily. It's still lower than Tiny Toon's arrow, but. Am I insane?

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I hope there's no change to UTilt.... that was like our best kill move T_T... Also did UThrow always kill Sheik on smashville at 150% even with DI?
The source for that is unreliable. Last patch he insisted Link was faster, even after multiple people said their tests were negative.

Arrow trajectory feels more linear and goes farther as well? I was always annoyed at how little of battlefield I could cover in a short hopped quick release, but not I can cover 3/4's of it easily. It's still lower than Tiny Toon's arrow, but. Am I insane?
Oh is that Radical Larry? Yeh, he was convinced Link was faster last time when clearly he was unchanged... Also I verified Link's run speed is still a bit slower than Peach.

Edit: Link's uncharged arrows definitely seem decent now... not sure if that was always the case though.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Oh is that Radical Larry? Yeh, he was convinced Link was faster last time when clearly he was unchanged... Also I verified Link's run speed is still a bit slower than Peach.

Edit: Link's uncharged arrows definitely seem decent now... not sure if that was always the case though.
Yeah, it is. Radical Larry is a radical guy, and he likes Link. But I don't trust him anymore than I trust myself at this. I don't trust myself.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't cover from the bush to the end of Duckhunt with a full hop low charge arrow. After sniping ducks and puffs for awhile, I definitely think it's improved. Or at least I'm going to use it a lot more.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Link has changed in some way according to the patch thread..... As long as it's not a nerf, I'm ok with it....

D

Deleted member

I don't know why but I felt like Link was slightly faster. But as we are all aware, when one looks for something one shall find it. Even if it's something that always was there. But I don't feel like any frame data was changed, did some matches and all my techs and timings worked as they usually would.
Hmm, I would like it if they actually changed Utilt for better combos though. If we could make Bair true from back hit of Utilt then we'd might have a true Utilt > Bair > Bair > UpB though I have not tested this, just turned of my console and I'm not gonna put it back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Link received more damage buffs lol? Not what I expected haha. I do wish they'd make a couple of moves faster instead but oh well :/

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Our dash attack kills at percent that confirm off a bomb.

Kills Marth at 80 around the ledge. 75 before bomb. That's nice.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Got a final presentation today. God, this project has been slowly devouring my soul. Now, to just present it and finish this class.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I'll show them that I got 90 mins of sleep last night.
I'm also going to spend like 7 hours playing Smash at a fest tonight. This will be an interesting day.
Here's hoping you don't get the two of them confused.

D

Deleted member

Dear god no. They buffed Bowser, the most boring character to fight in the game IMO, it's all about getting them 3 grabs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I wish Link would have gotten a mobility buff. Now Charizard has faster air speed than him. Oh well; at least Link wasn't nerfed.

I went on a 5+ mile (8.05km) hike this morning :)

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
^I wish Link would have gotten a mobility buff. Now Charizard has faster air speed than him. Oh well; at least Link wasn't nerfed.

I went on a 5+ mile (8.05km) hike this morning :)
Well the angle on his dsmash 2ndhit did a bit. Not a terrible nerf though.

Cool...thanks for buffing our most unsafe move in a way that doesn't make it safer. #sakurai

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Well the angle on his dsmash 2ndhit did a bit. Not a terrible nerf though.

Cool...thanks for buffing our most unsafe move in a way that doesn't make it safer. #sakurai
The angle on dsmash second hit didn't change though? At least not according to the patch notes.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
It didn't. Dash attack's angle changed.
Can anyone do some calcs on kill %s before and after the patch for these two moves? Dash attack does seem to kill at more reasonable %s now from what I can tell. Does look like I was right about Sheik dying earlier to UThrow though. Her weight changed xD.

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
Lol I learned the dash attack angle changed when I killed diddy on the edge at 60% with full rage. Neither of us knew the change yet so that was a nasty surprise for him lol. I'm excited to see how effective bomb to Dash attack kill setups will be

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I just want to say you're all so beyond disappointing. A new patch was released and besides nobody truly testing it apparently, you're talking about it in social instead of the patch thread.

You're all a failure.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just want to say you're all so beyond disappointing. A new patch was released and besides nobody truly testing it apparently, you're talking about it in social instead of the patch thread.

You're all a failure.
Link doesn't really have anything to test; he got kbg on DA and Dsmash 2. I suppose we could figure out kill %s but it's largely insignificant :/
All the patch changes are here http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5-patch-notes.433162/

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

You're all a failure.
Don't look at me, I'm on vacation half way across the country. I'll leave this one for you guys to figure out :awesome:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

BLG File

Smash Rookie
That we know of. Is any one here testing this or is everyone just relying on non link mains to tell you what got changed?
I found all of the changes that were posted so far by going through the Param files and the move set files, provided by Furil, the one who made all of the hitbox animations.

Everything posted should be the only things that changed for Link.

D

Deleted member

You're all a failure.
Speaking of being a failure, how could all of us be a singular failure? Don't you mean failures [Insert dumb emoticon]
But there really isn't anything new from what I can see. Been testing out all of my tech and it's all identical to how it used to be. I really don't think Link got anything more then what's listed. Which is too bad as the one thing I want back is the landing lag canceled item toss. So good and so far gone.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Speaking of being a failure, how could all of us be a singular failure? Don't you mean failures [Insert dumb emoticon]
But there really isn't anything new from what I can see. Been testing out all of my tech and it's all identical to how it used to be. I really don't think Link got anything more then what's listed. Which is too bad as the one thing I want back is the landing lag canceled item toss. So good and so far gone.
I think he meant a collective failure.

D

Deleted member

I think he meant a collective failure.
What you originally meant is useless if what you said was something else, but yeah I know what he / she... whatever meant. I'm just messing around because someone who can be a **** can also take a little dickery in return :p You know what I'm saying?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyway, I'm actually confident in the data miners' abilities. *shrugs*

Many low tiers got significant buffs. It's great Link won't suffer from high tiers as much but his MUs with characters like Char, Ganon, Samus, Bowser and Zelda will be harder.

D

Deleted member

Personally I constantly struggle with characters like ROB Ike marth Shulk and Bowser. But other then my own hitches,yeah. Link really don't have any that bad match ups. And because of Links stupid amounts of tech and options he is a character who always has an answer. My main <3
And then there's Ganondorf who is my best character for some reason :p
Shear for what we have gotten and hope for the future to have more to come :)
IKD, I'm dumb

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom