• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Z3phIr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Z3ph1r2
You guys played FE Fates yet? I'm liking it a lot so far. Got the special edition. Frankly, I don't know how you could pick the Conquest route at chapter 6.
No, cause when you're in Europe you finish last apparently i.e. I get to spend another few weeks watching Nintendo Minute FEbruary... Just, dayum.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
I searched the NX up, and, honestly, I won't want to buy it if Smash isn't made a little more competitive. I don't get why Nintendo doesn't realize that making a game with some advance tech doesn't mean that casual players won't buy it. Look at Melee. Even though wave dashing and L-canceling was accidental, I was never affected by it when I was playing at a casual level. When I first got Melee, I thought it was the most fun party game. Not until years later did I find about these techs when I was becoming more serious. Having a Melee-type game with good graphics like Smash 4 would attract a lot more players than Smash 4 did because a lot of Smash players don't play casually anymore.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hey there Link boards!

I come here due to finding out via a mod PM'ing me about the situation.

So let me explain: After Genesis 3 I decided to play a Link ditto MM with Izaw because I thought that would be fun that's why I wanted to go Link, not because I went there with the intention to win (Otherwise, why not go my actual tournament mains...). So yes, we did play. He ended up winning 2 close games, and taking it, so yes, it happened, but what happened next was that he insisted on saving the replays. I mentioned to him I didn't want there to be replays, because they'd be uploaded, and I just don't enjoy how seriously people take these things.

He then proceeded to bother my friends for weeks for them to send them over to him, to the point of harassing online, eventually my friend told me (and it's how I found out he was reaching out to them about this, because I wasn't aware anything was happening) what was going on because he was sick of getting harassed and wanted him to stop, so he wanted me to say something to him. I then said what I said to him in person, so no.

He continued to harass my friend who eventually got tired of it and simply gave the replays to him under the condition that he wouldn't put them online (He kept saying that he wasn't going to, and he just wanted to watch them as a souvenir from coming to America to play and that he was just a fan of me).

He then uploaded the set, and proceeded to post it everywhere on twitter, facebook and even here from what I just saw, clearly lying to me and my friend and going against his word.

Why am I posting here about this? To clear the situation up. I don't like the whole ordeal this video caused. And also because the video isn't available anymore.

I messaged him recently about this after finding out he went against his word, and he apologized and deleted it.

Hope this clears everything up.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
I searched the NX up, and, honestly, I won't want to buy it if Smash isn't made a little more competitive. I don't get why Nintendo doesn't realize that making a game with some advance tech doesn't mean that casual players won't buy it. Look at Melee. Even though wave dashing and L-canceling was accidental, I was never affected by it when I was playing at a casual level. When I first got Melee, I thought it was the most fun party game. Not until years later did I find about these techs when I was becoming more serious. Having a Melee-type game with good graphics like Smash 4 attract a lot more players than Smash 4 did because a lot of Smash players don't play casually anymore.
As sick as that sounds, would nintendo really do somthing like that? Even so Melee HD would be hype as **** lol

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Hey Zero. Thanks for coming by.

I'm sorry that happened to you and your friends.

Your Link was fun to watch though, and it would be cool to see you play more random characters in just for fun matches, like we sometimes see in the background of your videos.

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
Just to clarify, the video has been deleted out of respect and was uploaded for only one purpose, "proof". People didn't believe it was true even though I told them it was ZeRo's LINK and that it was all for fun really. People started calling me a liar, scumbag, fraud, narcissist, noob, you name it, tons of stuff, I got sick of it so I decided to upload it. I felt bad uploading it cause I felt like I disrespected ZeRo's wishes. But now it's been cleared out and done.

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
Hey there Link boards!

I come here due to finding out via a mod PM'ing me about the situation.

So let me explain: After Genesis 3 I decided to play a Link ditto MM with Izaw because I thought that would be fun that's why I wanted to go Link, not because I went there with the intention to win (Otherwise, why not go my actual tournament mains...). So yes, we did play. He ended up winning 2 close games, and taking it, so yes, it happened, but what happened next was that he insisted on saving the replays. I mentioned to him I didn't want there to be replays, because they'd be uploaded, and I just don't enjoy how seriously people take these things.

He then proceeded to bother my friends for weeks for them to send them over to him, to the point of harassing online, eventually my friend told me (and it's how I found out he was reaching out to them about this, because I wasn't aware anything was happening) what was going on because he was sick of getting harassed and wanted him to stop, so he wanted me to say something to him. I then said what I said to him in person, so no.

He continued to harass my friend who eventually got tired of it and simply gave the replays to him under the condition that he wouldn't put them online (He kept saying that he wasn't going to, and he just wanted to watch them as a souvenir from coming to America to play and that he was just a fan of me).

He then uploaded the set, and proceeded to post it everywhere on twitter, facebook and even here from what I just saw, clearly lying to me and my friend and going against his word.

Why am I posting here about this? To clear the situation up. I don't like the whole ordeal this video caused. And also because the video isn't available anymore.

I messaged him recently about this after finding out he went against his word, and he apologized and deleted it.

Hope this clears everything up.
Alright then. First off, I'm really sorry about what happened to you and your friends dude. I'd Like to formerly apologise about what happened. I for one could have encouraged Izaw to put up the video, mainly because I really wanted to see the match. But I think it could of been because others wanted actual video proof regarding Izaw beating you in this money match, which could of led to him posting the video

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad that we made both Zero and Mr. R take time out of their days to settle disputes. On the other hand, there have never been this many world champions in the Link section before.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Izaw Izaw sorry for not believing you, I was wrong.
I'll leave it at that.

TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo thanks. Sorry to bug you with this BS. I see people giving you a lot of hate you don't deserve on threads like the competitive impressions thread. Good stuff with the weekly events and big things like Genesis. That match vs Ranai was unbelievable.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
LMAO started from the bottem, now were here
We are definitely "here."

Speaking of starting at the bottom, it's fun to see a high level fundamentals applied to characters who aren't a tourney main. When you strip away the tech, you reveal the most important parts of playing the character and the game. You can kind of see that when you watch Nairo's old videos of Zelda and Robin.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
We are definitely "here."

Speaking of starting at the bottom, it's fun to see a high level fundamentals applied to characters who aren't a tourney main. When you strip away the tech, you reveal the most important parts of playing the character and the game. You can kind of see that when you watch Nairo's old videos of Zelda and Robin.
For sure. Fundementals can really carry you a long way, espically in Smash 4

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Just to clarify, the video has been deleted out of respect and was uploaded for only one purpose, "proof". People didn't believe it was true even though I told them it was ZeRo's LINK and that it was all for fun really. People started calling me a liar, scumbag, fraud, narcissist, noob, you name it, tons of stuff, I got sick of it so I decided to upload it. I felt bad uploading it cause I felt like I disrespected ZeRo's wishes. But now it's been cleared out and done.
LMAO started from the bottem, now were here
You fasho a boss for that regardless,

Does anyone want to play some matches?

Jwave? Bigchew? ...Zero?
at work bro I wish maybe at 5 pacific time?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You know, if all you wanted was to upload it as proof for Rizen (the only one who challenged your claim), then a simple upload of a private video would've been enough. Instead, you created a splash screen for it, got two "celebs" to provide commentary on the match, and the proceeded to shotgun it all over the net.

That's not uploading it as proof, that's uploading it to gain more cred, or w/e. Even after we all said that beating someone with a character he doesn't use doesn't prove anything, no matter who the player is.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Elessar Elessar

When I say "people didn't believe me" I meant more than 90% of the community, like at least 400 people with hate messages. Rizen was just one of them.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You know, if all you wanted was to upload it as proof for Rizen (the only one who challenged your claim), then a simple upload of a private video would've been enough. Instead, you created a splash screen for it, got two "celebs" to provide commentary on the match, and the proceeded to shotgun it all over the net.

That's not uploading it as proof, that's uploading it to gain more cred, or w/e. Even after we all said that beating someone with a character he doesn't use doesn't prove anything, no matter who the player is.
What happened?

Rizen

Smash Legend
You know, if all you wanted was to upload it as proof for Rizen (the only one who challenged your claim),
Just pointing out that Genesis 3 ended Jan 17 and I hadn't said anything before Feb 6.

Moving along, anyone hyped for upcoming movies? I'd like to see Batman vs Superman and X-Men Apocalypse. I need to see Deadpool too. Looks like a good year for superhero movies.

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Just pointing out that Genesis 3 ended Jan 17 and I hadn't said anything before Feb 6.

Moving along, anyone hyped for upcoming movies? I'd like to see Batman vs Superman and X-Men Apocalypse. I need to see Deadpool too. Looks like a good year for superhero movies.
Deadpool was really good, a must see.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4

I'm super stoaked to see Batan vs Superman. I recently went to go see the new Deadpool movie, and loved every bit of it. They really stayed true to his character, well done movie, and under such a low budget. I am also looking forward to seeing Rogue One this December.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Elessar Elessar

When I say "people didn't believe me" I meant more than 90% of the community, like at least 400 people with hate messages. Rizen was just one of them.
Personally I don't recall seeing anyone but Rizen challenge it, but then again I barely paid attention to it since I honestly didn't/don't care (for the aforementioned reason).

Word of advice though? Stop caring about what people say to or about you. If you're really sure about your skill and the level of player that you are then why does it affect you so much what others say? Unless you're full of it, and know it, what random names on the Internet say shouldn't even concern you.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
Elessar Elessar

People constantly harass you and belittle you because they're insecure dude. You're just giving them what they want when they get a rise out of you like that. 400 people and the supposed 90% of the community shouldn't define you. You should define you.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
People constantly harass you and belittle you because they're insecure dude.
I'd say it's more because he's so insecure (apparently) that's he's always jumping through hoops or going to lame lengths (such as resorting to click baits) to "show" how good he is. It's not always the fault of the rest, many times it's your actions what invite the negativity.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
Well i definitely want to see more of ZeRos Link and more of Ninjalink Link too... BTW your Link is a good Link Elessar.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I'd say it's more because he's so insecure (apparently) that's he's always jumping through hoops or going to lame lengths (such as resorting to click baits) to "show" how good he is. It's not always the fault of the rest, many times it's your actions what invite the negativity.
So? He wants views. That shouldn't really be a problem. 80% of the highly subscribed populace utilizes click bait. It doesn't necessarily signify insecurity. Not to mention I don't really see anything that could really be considered click-bait, considering click-bait is defined as a misleading thumbnail that doesn't represent the material at all. His videos are exactly what they portray themselves to be, not misleading in the slightest. And by jumping through hoops you mean publishing well edited YouTube content? I mean, I guess if that's what you want to call it. I don't see why that's such a problem, his editing and YouTube following shouldn't get everyone's panties in a bunch. He's a link player just like you and I who posts material to help players get on their feet with the character. Who ****ing cares, like honestly. Focus on improving yourself rather than how many claims he makes on Twitter or who's better than who. I don't really need to hear a justification of people's criticism, considering I smell bull**** from both sides of the spectrum. It's not really necessary. There are far more important things to focus on than this crap.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
There are far more important things to focus on than this crap.
I agree with this, which is why I'm baffled by your long response which seems to be so emotionally charged. However, since you seem to be emotionally invested on this (contrary to what you claim), let me entertain you with a reply.

1) It was Izaw himself who called his tactics "click bait" in the first place, not me.
2) Click baiting is a despicable habit. The fact that a lot, or most, people do it doesn't make it better.
3) His insecurity comes from how he needs to respond to everything that is said about him, but instead of replying in a logical manner he tends to devolve into ad hominem attacks.
4) His insecurity also stems from him having to constantly prove that he's good/the best/works for Link/ etc. If he was so secure on himself then he would just laugh and ignore the haters.
5) His videos aren't always what they portray to be. The titles are usually misleading (hence the click bait label he used himself). Example: His video saying that his 2v1 clutch was the hypest moment at Beast 6.
6) Nobody cares about his edited videos. You're missing the point by a whole continent's width.
7) His guides don't really help players get on their feet since the "combos" he usually showcases are extremely situational and impractical. He focuses more on flashiness than on solid gameplay on his videos, teaching people to play a game that he himself doesn't play when he's playing in a tourney. The result is a legion of youtube izawmbies who have no idea on fundamentals nor on how to play the game properly. Also, his data tends to be wrong and when he was helped he didn't credit anyone but himself.
8) Anyone who would truly care about the development of the Link meta, as well as helping Link main wannabes would care about this kind of crap because it's detrimental to the meta in general. I care because tot he contrary of what most people seem to be, I'd rather focus on developing a strong community and actually helping players rather than teaching crap (which I know to be crap) just so I can be the best at a video game. I, as all the vets (who have left again, I wonder why) never cared about our personal placings over caring about helping develop a healthy competitive meta with a board where anyone and everyone could just step in through the door and find everything they could possibly want to find about Link right at their finger tips. Therefore, having someone promote bad habits and bad competitive gameplay while completely ignoring fundamentals sort irks us.
9) You said you didn't care about justifications but I still made you read a huge wall of text.
10) I had to end in ten, so I cheated. There.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I agree with this, which is why I'm baffled by your long response which seems to be so emotionally charged. However, since you seem to be emotionally invested on this (contrary to what you claim), let me entertain you with a reply.

1) It was Izaw himself who called his tactics "click bait" in the first place, not me.
2) Click baiting is a despicable habit. The fact that a lot, or most, people do it doesn't make it better.
3) His insecurity comes from how he needs to respond to everything that is said about him, but instead of replying in a logical manner he tends to devolve into ad hominem attacks.
4) His insecurity also stems from him having to constantly prove that he's good/the best/works for Link/ etc. If he was so secure on himself then he would just laugh and ignore the haters.
5) His videos aren't always what they portray to be. The titles are usually misleading (hence the click bait label he used himself). Example: His video saying that his 2v1 clutch was the hypest moment at Beast 6.
6) Nobody cares about his edited videos. You're missing the point by a whole continent's width.
7) His guides don't really help players get on their feet since the "combos" he usually showcases are extremely situational and impractical. He focuses more on flashiness than on solid gameplay on his videos, teaching people to play a game that he himself doesn't play when he's playing in a tourney. The result is a legion of youtube izawmbies who have no idea on fundamentals nor on how to play the game properly. Also, his data tends to be wrong and when he was helped he didn't credit anyone but himself.
8) Anyone who would truly care about the development of the Link meta, as well as helping Link main wannabes would care about this kind of crap because it's detrimental to the meta in general. I care because tot he contrary of what most people seem to be, I'd rather focus on developing a strong community and actually helping players rather than teaching crap (which I know to be crap) just so I can be the best at a video game. I, as all the vets (who have left again, I wonder why) never cared about our personal placings over caring about helping develop a healthy competitive meta with a board where anyone and everyone could just step in through the door and find everything they could possibly want to find about Link right at their finger tips. Therefore, having someone promote bad habits and bad competitive gameplay while completely ignoring fundamentals sort irks us.
9) You said you didn't care about justifications but I still made you read a huge wall of text.
10) I had to end in ten, so I cheated. There.
The title of the video was "my hypest moment at Beast 6". That doesn't imply or make any sort of claims to it being "the hypest" in the slightest. But again that's highly irrelevant. Secondly, in regards to finding it necessary to rebuttal against everything said about him, if you scroll up I did indeed address this, so my agruement isn't as one sided as you make it out to be. Thirdly, who the hell cares about the click bait, like honestly...why does it matter? What I said in regards to this still stands. If his popularity and edited videos didn't matter so much then it wouldn't be the basis or opening statement of what everyone attacks. My point in case being your opening statement. More specifically "jumping through hoops, and lame lengths". Why does it bother you so bad? What you said about Izaw could just as easily pertain to everyone else as well. "Ignore him". The constant need to belittle and harass is a sign of insecurity no matter how it's twisted or redefined. If he's beneath you or as wrong as you claim him to be, then fine, let him be wrong. Let the izawmbies rise from their graves and attend tournaments. If they fail they'll reconsider their loyalties, if they succeed great. Either way it doesn't affect any of you in the slightest. Is it hurting you? I don't see how. Is there anything to be insecure about? Not really. So don't. He's just another decent Link player, who just so happens to post well edited material. It's not hindering you or anyone else in the slightest. I guess my point is, everyone should really focus on themselves and their improvement rather than the skill of some other player, and his ability to present data and information. If you're not insecure, then don't antagonize it.

And apologies, I like to write a lot.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
And apologies, I like to write a lot.
Don't worry, I like to write a lot too.

So here we go again, let's see if I make it to 10 again, without cheating this time )who am I kidding, I'll totally cheat):

1) He changed the name of his video. It was originally called "The Hypest Moment in BEAST 6". He changed it because he got called out. Read from this post onwards and you'll see.
2) Click bait is annoying, that is all. And again, it all comes fromt he history these boards have with Izaw, a history most newbies are unaware of. Imagine if a guy who was a jerk to you shows up 3 years later, still being a jerk. You call him out and some guys who don't know him, but who want him to like them because he seems like a cool guy, jump at you and fight to see who defends him the hardest. Same thing.
3) You really missed the point of the video again. Go read points 7 and 8 again.
4) What you said about people going and losing and considering their loyalties does not work like that. We've seen it in Brawl, we don't want to see it again.
5) I never said he's beneath me, though he might actually be IRL. I'm quite tall.
6) I don't have a need to belittle and harrass him. I call him out for his flaws, same as I do with everyone else. However, he seems to be above that according to some people (who're all really bad at logic).
7) This point is just a filler. Move along.
8) We care about the ability of someone to present false data A LOT because misinformation killed Link's jab game this time around. People talking about crap they don't know enough about, and hyping up something that was really not that big of a deal actually hurt Link's chances in the game. We didn't need that, and nobody else received that nerf (Fox, Ryu, D3, etc). Want ot know why? Because nobody made such a huge deal about it as it was made about Link. Therefore, the devs saw that they just HAD to nerf Link because he's so high tier he's clearly broken and we got hit with the dumbest nerf bat they had.
9) Really, go read points 7 and 8 again.
10) Now, for a practical illustration of points 7 and 8 of my previous post, reread this post's point 8.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Unless there was an agreement beforehand about not wanting to save replays, then I don't see why he didn't have a right to save the replays.

The other part about him saving them and uploading them despite Zero objecting, just makes him an jackass.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
I don't get the big deal people make on character specific techs / combos or just techs in general. Of course there are some exceptions such as JC Throw for Tink, the bomb bounce thing for Link (can't remember the name), and a couple others. This game has so much more emphasis on having great fundamentals then being able to do all of the character's situational combos / techs. I would rather be able to space perfectly than be able to perfect pivot around the stage or be able to read well instead of knowing some Shiek combo that works when the moons align. Just look at ZeRo. Yeah, he may have way better techs than me, but other players are more technical than him. Why does he win? He has the amazing game-long reads and great fundamentals. Of course, this is just my opinion and only applies to Smash 4. My importance list would be fundamentals ->global techs->character specific techs/combos

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Perfect pivots are a way to space though, so they're not mutually exclusive.

On that note, I always figured Void to be the most technical Sheik, he does get stonewalled at times. I think someone else mentioned that Westballs was the most technical Falco but Mango got better results for the same reason.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I'm going to tourney tomorrow. Small local, $5 buy in, nothing serious. However, I'd like to participate in some shenanigans regarding another player, and it'd be nice if ya'll would help me out.
There is a player who's constantly joining our gaming sessions. He's a colossal tool to everyone he plays with, and a troll on the internet. He claims to be amazing. However, he has decided to not partake in our tourney due to "funding issues".
After some research, I found his Twitter and YouTube page. I'd like to request that people leave SUPPORTIVE messages on one of his YouTube vids. Tell him he's godlike, an amazing player, ect. Our best player has offered to throw a mock match against him to boost his ego. We're all tired of his ****, and we'd like to knock him down a peg. Plus, we want to increase the pot size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKatpWNMVj8

@Dumbfire Please?!

Top Bottom