• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
I'm going to tourney tomorrow. Small local, $5 buy in, nothing serious. However, I'd like to participate in some shenanigans regarding another player, and it'd be nice if ya'll would help me out.
There is a player who's constantly joining our gaming sessions. He's a colossal tool to everyone he plays with, and a troll on the internet. He claims to be amazing. However, he has decided to not partake in our tourney due to "funding issues".
After some research, I found his Twitter and YouTube page. I'd like to request that people leave SUPPORTIVE messages on one of his YouTube vids. Tell him he's godlike, an amazing player, ect. Our best player has offered to throw a mock match against him to boost his ego. We're all tired of his ****, and we'd like to knock him down a peg. Plus, we want to increase the pot size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKatpWNMVj8

Dumbfire Dumbfire Please?!
Im sorry, I couldn't fully watch even one of his videos without throwing up. Jeez man, you went all that way just to find his twitter, this guy really must be an "interesting" fellow.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well i definitely want to see more of ZeRos Link and more of Ninjalink Link too... BTW your Link is a good Link Elessar.
You can capitalize the R in his name but not the L in mine where it actually makes sense....

*triggered* lol

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
TP HD is okay for people new to the game but I see no reason to buy it when I have it on the Wii. I was expecting a complete remake like with WW HD. TP HD is disappointing.
I guess that's the difference between having the Zelda team making a remake (WWHD) and a third party (TPHD). Grezzo has done a good job with OOT3D & MM3D though.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to tourney tomorrow. Small local, $5 buy in, nothing serious. However, I'd like to participate in some shenanigans regarding another player, and it'd be nice if ya'll would help me out.
There is a player who's constantly joining our gaming sessions. He's a colossal tool to everyone he plays with, and a troll on the internet. He claims to be amazing. However, he has decided to not partake in our tourney due to "funding issues".
After some research, I found his Twitter and YouTube page. I'd like to request that people leave SUPPORTIVE messages on one of his YouTube vids. Tell him he's godlike, an amazing player, ect. Our best player has offered to throw a mock match against him to boost his ego. We're all tired of his ****, and we'd like to knock him down a peg. Plus, we want to increase the pot size.

Is this Orbitar 7 btw?

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Hey there Link boards!

I come here due to finding out via a mod PM'ing me about the situation.

So let me explain: After Genesis 3 I decided to play a Link ditto MM with Izaw because I thought that would be fun that's why I wanted to go Link, not because I went there with the intention to win (Otherwise, why not go my actual tournament mains...). So yes, we did play. He ended up winning 2 close games, and taking it, so yes, it happened, but what happened next was that he insisted on saving the replays. I mentioned to him I didn't want there to be replays, because they'd be uploaded, and I just don't enjoy how seriously people take these things.

He then proceeded to bother my friends for weeks for them to send them over to him, to the point of harassing online, eventually my friend told me (and it's how I found out he was reaching out to them about this, because I wasn't aware anything was happening) what was going on because he was sick of getting harassed and wanted him to stop, so he wanted me to say something to him. I then said what I said to him in person, so no.

He continued to harass my friend who eventually got tired of it and simply gave the replays to him under the condition that he wouldn't put them online (He kept saying that he wasn't going to, and he just wanted to watch them as a souvenir from coming to America to play and that he was just a fan of me).

He then uploaded the set, and proceeded to post it everywhere on twitter, facebook and even here from what I just saw, clearly lying to me and my friend and going against his word.

Why am I posting here about this? To clear the situation up. I don't like the whole ordeal this video caused. And also because the video isn't available anymore.

I messaged him recently about this after finding out he went against his word, and he apologized and deleted it.

Hope this clears everything up.
It is ALWAYS the same with you Zero... The match is interesting to see for everyone. In fact, it is very good to learn about some ways to play as and against Link. You played well, but izaw (for obvious reasons) was better. I REALLY dunno what it is the problem with having one fight in youtube where you lose...
When someone take a game against a very good player in MM or torney, the natural step is try to upload it! Jesuschrist!

For the record, if Izaw really lie to upload the thing, it is VERY BAD of course, then again, i don't see the big problem with having ONE match loss, and evenmore with trollpick...

Rizen

Smash Legend
The last god knows how many pages are EXACTLY what always happens (with or without me btw). This is why I try to stop these things and am hard on people who think they're above the rules. To reference what Lawz. said 21 days ago on the exact same line of spam:
Okay can we stop stroking our egos please? Honestly, nobody cares and this is making me cringe.
Hey Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive can we make a rule 'no more talking about Izaw one way or the other'? This last month has been ridiculous.

Last edited:

Capu

Smash Rookie
Hey there Link boards!

I come here due to finding out via a mod PM'ing me about the situation.

So let me explain: After Genesis 3 I decided to play a Link ditto MM with Izaw because I thought that would be fun that's why I wanted to go Link, not because I went there with the intention to win (Otherwise, why not go my actual tournament mains...). So yes, we did play. He ended up winning 2 close games, and taking it, so yes, it happened, but what happened next was that he insisted on saving the replays. I mentioned to him I didn't want there to be replays, because they'd be uploaded, and I just don't enjoy how seriously people take these things.

He then proceeded to bother my friends for weeks for them to send them over to him, to the point of harassing online, eventually my friend told me (and it's how I found out he was reaching out to them about this, because I wasn't aware anything was happening) what was going on because he was sick of getting harassed and wanted him to stop, so he wanted me to say something to him. I then said what I said to him in person, so no.

He continued to harass my friend who eventually got tired of it and simply gave the replays to him under the condition that he wouldn't put them online (He kept saying that he wasn't going to, and he just wanted to watch them as a souvenir from coming to America to play and that he was just a fan of me).

He then uploaded the set, and proceeded to post it everywhere on twitter, facebook and even here from what I just saw, clearly lying to me and my friend and going against his word.

Why am I posting here about this? To clear the situation up. I don't like the whole ordeal this video caused. And also because the video isn't available anymore.

I messaged him recently about this after finding out he went against his word, and he apologized and deleted it.

Hope this clears everything up.
What's the matter Zero? scared of a little replay? You think it might hurt your reputation? Come on! What's the big deal? Let there be hype dude...

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The last god knows how many pages are EXACTLY what always happens (with or without me btw). This is why I try to stop these things and am hard on people who think they're above the rules. To reference what Lawz. said 21 days ago on the exact same line of spam:

Hey Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive can we make a rule 'no more talking about Izaw one way or the other'? This last month has been ridiculous.
The problem is, well actually there are a few problems with this.
There's nothing in the global rules or the moderator guidelines that I could use to enforce such a rule, as far as I'm aware. I mean I'm all for bending the rules to suit a good cause on occasion, but what would the mere discussion of the topic be categorised as? Spam? Imagine some new poster coming in, making a post on the topic for some innocent purpose then receiving a warning for it. How is that fair? What in the global rules, which he/she has presumably read (lol), would have informed them ahead of time about that possibility?

If you ask me, I believe the best solution is to make it an unofficial rule among yourselves that you (i.e. those who are fed up about it) enforce yourselves by politely discouraging such talk and/or encouraging the discussion to be taken up in PM's or something if necessary. I would have hoped that after all this time some lessons would have been learned and that some people other than myself would have become utterly bored with reading pages and pages of the same thing on a monthly cycle. But that's not up to me. That's up to you.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's nothing in the global rules or the moderator guidelines that I could use to enforce such a rule, as far as I'm aware. I mean I'm all for bending the rules to suit a good cause on occasion, but what would the mere discussion of the topic be categorised as? Spam? Imagine some new poster coming in, making a post on the topic for some innocent purpose then receiving a warning for it. How is that fair? What in the global rules, which he/she has presumably read (lol), would have informed them ahead of time about that possibility?

If you ask me, I believe the best solution is to make it an unofficial rule among yourselves that you (i.e. those who are fed up about it) enforce yourselves by politely discouraging such talk and/or encouraging the discussion to be taken up in PM's or something if necessary. I would have hoped that after all this time some lessons would have been learned and that some people other than myself would have become utterly bored with reading pages and pages of the same thing on a monthly cycle. But that's not up to me. That's up to you.
Okay saying a 'rule' wasn't the best phrasing but can't you just enforce this?
We may now move on with our lives and either Zero or I will let you know how it is next time he comes online.
In the mean time, there should be no reason to continue discussing it. So don't.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
That was to stop the heated argument at the time which was attracting a lot of infractions that I would have preferred to avoid, an argument which was also pointless as we didn't even have all the facts. That's different to the more recent more civil discussion taking place (albeit covering old ground in places) after the facts were brought to light. So the statement I made which you quoted doesn't apply for now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That was to stop the heated argument at the time which was attracting a lot of infractions that I would have preferred to avoid, an argument which was also pointless as we didn't even have all the facts. That's different to the more recent more civil discussion taking place (albeit covering old ground in places) after the facts were brought to light. So the statement I made which you quoted doesn't apply for now.
If you say so.

Capu

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
This is all bullsh*t! I joined this thread to talk to other fellow Link players and maybe exchange some tips, strategies and what not.. Not to put up with all this hate and high school "he said / she said" toxic bullcrap
Elessar Elessar Dude, nobody cares if Izaw is using click baits. Everyone does. Your going at him like he commited murder for f*ck sake
Rizen Rizen All i've seen you do is post hate comments ever since i entered this thread. Start acting like a grown up
TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo Just let Izaw post the video, what's the big deal? You are the best player of the game, no one denies it, and that gives you a lot of bragging rights. But that doesn't mean you can take away other people's bragging rights when they beat you fair and square EVEN if you're not using your main characters.
Izaw Izaw You are a chill dude and i have a lot of respect for you. You are (to me at least) the best link player around. But you tend to get a little too much over yourself.
Guys, get along please! sigh*

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4

Agreed, this would also be a much better way of greeting newer players into this discussion. Rather then them entering the social Link boards, reading Izaw hate, trying to help settle things, then getting ****in lit up by everyone.

Last edited:

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
We were all so close to having this behind us. Alas it can't be. What ZeRo said was a page and a half ago. Why discuss it now?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry Foxy but I'm pulling a Snowball and leaving the farm. Good luck running it with Napoleon and the puppies.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
This is all bullsh*t! I joined this thread to talk to other fellow Link players and maybe exchange some tips, strategies and what not.. Not to put up with all this hate and high school "he said / she said" toxic bullcrap
Nobody cares why you came into this thread, you're a random with only 6 posts, heed the warning and STOP POSTING. If you think you can barge in here and insult everyone you've got another thing coming.
Any of you guys going to watch the Pokemon direct today?
No, we're older than 10. if you wanna safeguard your no-no area for the next 30 years go do so but for here STOP POSTING
We were all so close to having this behind us. Alas it can't be. What ZeRo said was a page and a half ago. Why discuss it now?
"We"? "We"? "We"? What do you think you are a part of? Nobody here knows you. If you play Rosalina, nobody wants to know you.

So interesting that these newbies only post in social, perhaps it is because they have nothing worthwhile to say.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
Nobody cares why you came into this thread, you're a random with only 6 posts, heed the warning and STOP POSTING. If you think you can barge in here and insult everyone you've got another thing coming.

No, we're older than 10. if you wanna safeguard your no-no area for the next 30 years go do so but for here STOP POSTING

"We"? "We"? "We"? What do you think you are a part of? Nobody here knows you. If you play Rosalina, nobody wants to know you.

So interesting that these newbies only post in social, perhaps it is because they have nothing worthwhile to say.
Where does this anger come from? Just becomes I main Rosalina doesn't mean that I don't play Link. A little pixel image doesn't say anything. And I have been talking, so it isn't like I just randomly walked in here and didn't first read through the posts before posting like the first guy you quoted who just came in to spread hate. The "we" is the people that I can see are clearly fed up with this like Elassar or BigChew. I would rather spend my energy talking about the next Zelda game than this.

Last edited:

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive I truly must know. When you were testing for d-throw combos, did you do it in training mode to avoid staling being a factor? I'm trying to lab for my secondary, Lucas, since the Lucas boards aren't as organized and I don't know if they've got d-throw combos written out somewhere.

Izaw

Smash Ace
So much discussion jez xD

At the end of the day guys, I'd love to have this video uploaded, but I will only do so if it's Ok with TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo , sure I could be like "whatever I don't care" and upload it, and be the Leffen of the community, but I rather not make any fires. If ZeRo at any point is ok with this upload, since honestly its just a "troll pick" and noone really cares that he lost, and it's more about the Link vs Link match up/gimps/combos/confirms/entertainment and good fun, then sure, if he's ok with it, I'll reupload it. Besides, everyone's already seen it, it had 18.000 views when I took it down. Not to mention all the questioning I've gotten on Youtube/twitter/facebook about why it was taken down.

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4

LOL savage. Pokemon is literally for all ages. Its like saying that nintendo games are just for kids. Also ill post whenever i damn well please, your not the boss of jack****

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

So he "wins" a game against the best player and then what happens?

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
So he "wins" a game against the best player and then what happens?
I think he means that they offered him a match against one of the best player to fuel the guys ego, and then that player will crush the guy until he never touches a controller again from pure grief.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
But he already knows he's bad, and would lose in tournament. That's why he won't compete. If you try to trick him into thinking he's good, and then remind him he's bad, it's possible he'll continue to John and brag about his wins and praise even if it's all a lie. That would still be annoying. I guess, you get his five dollars, but it'd be easier just to tell him he's not welcome at your parties unless he changes his behavior.

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't tips, strategies and what not belong in the Meta game thread? I think this thread is for being social, and while all this coming up again is ridiculous, history tends to repeat itself.
One thing I have noticed is that seemingly everyone is posting "this is stupid, we need to stop talking about this" posts instead of just stop posting. (Ironically, I myself am currently doing this).
Deuces.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive I truly must know. When you were testing for d-throw combos, did you do it in training mode to avoid staling being a factor? I'm trying to lab for my secondary, Lucas, since the Lucas boards aren't as organized and I don't know if they've got d-throw combos written out somewhere.
Yeah I used training mode. I have a labbing thread linked in my signature that you should check out as it will explain a lot, then feel free to PM me if you have any follow-up questions.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
Anyone can answer this, what is the Link game you would want to be remade the most? I personally had it already happen with WW HD

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
That, so very much.

:251:

I would also take one in the Occulus Rift. Skyward Sword in Occulus Rift with overhauled sword and bow mechanics.

Last edited:

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
Anyone can answer this, what is the Link game you would want to be remade the most? I personally had it already happen with WW HD
I don't want anymore Zelda games remade by Nintendo or Grezzo. Like I said beforehand, I thought Majoras Mask was the best Zelda remake. I don't see a reason to remake any of the 2d Zeldas just because we have a Link Between Worlds. Izaw Izaw Dude that would be sick. I recently saw some videos on the Zelda unreal engine "Project". It just showed Link walking around zoras domain and the Temple of Time. Here is somthing that I found interesting.

The new Zelda game has a really Strong resemblance to the original Zelda. I have a feeling that the next Zelda game is just a Massive Reboot of the series in general. Giving us that open world, do whatever you want feel.

https://youtu.be/GSeLdQASixE, https://youtu.be/65JEfWpy7N0, https://youtu.be/EPKXkv5kbR0 These were the videos I was talking about.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I just want a proper Twilight Princess remake, but a Skyward Sword remaster on the NX is more likely to happen and if they addressed the game's main issues then yeah, that would be awesome.

Top Bottom