• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Elessar Elessar Rizen Rizen Stryker95 Stryker95 yea you guys call us fanboys but to me it looks like jealousy, and you guys sound arrogant and cocky just because you been around the thread longer then us,

Unless your putting in the work and getting the results you have no room to talk, he wasn't being cocky, before he posted the hype video people were posting about it, so he gave the people what they wanted and that's the vid.

And believe me you don't know cocky yet, once I get first place at a local or place good at a tourney believe me I will brag about it and I will get cocky on this thread.

Oh and one more thing, with esports and the comptetive scene growing bigger and bigger, this thread will also get more popular, If you don't like change well you don't have to stay.

Y'all need to quit drinking that haterade.
Ummm... I'm not sure why you put me there, I like Izaw just fine and have been subbed for some time, his videos were what got me into competitive Sm4sh. The only thing I disagree with him about is naming the video as "hypest", but I am rather picky with word choice. I see nothing wrong with Izaw's character and know he is a good Link, look at my posts right after the whole Izaw vs Cat fiasco. I support any Link who does well. What I do not care for are the people who don't understand where Rizen and Elessar and all the other "haters" are coming from. From what I have seen, being a Link main in the past has been tough and learning to deal with it makes people tough. I support their rough attitude towards people who come on in thinking they know what's what when really they are just small fish in a big sea.
I myself am a scrub who sucks and probably couldn't even win against FG scubs (don't know, can't even get on FG). I am new here as well as you are, but I respect my elders (RIP Chillin), that means all those who know way more than me, ranging from the Rizen to Izaw. What I don't respect are those who come in talking smack towards those who have earned respect through time (maybe I am just to old-school though).

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
but was also the TO (and competitor) in the (correct me if I'm wrong on this, ele) largest tournament in his country. It's possible that he might still be as active in the community today as he was then, but now he's an adult with a life and a family that tend to be more important than the happenings of a video game community.
I still am the organizer or the largest smash tournament in my country, organizer or the first international Latin American smash tournament, member of the board building a Latin American League of smash tournaments, smash community founder and head in my country, consistently placing 5th in every tournament I entered in during brawl going only Link, and ranked top national player in my country during brawl. As of sm4sh so far I haven't been able to go to tournaments because of life, and when it's my tournament I can't compete anymore because I am the National broadcaster and commentator for the matches.

Is my epeen big enough for you guys now? See, I don't like to bring out my credentials because they mean nothing to you just like yours mean nothing to me. The difference is that I can take it while you, apparently, can't.

Not shut up about locals and go place at a national if you want to be on my level.

Ps: that wasn't aimed at Zelkam, just in case anyone with impaired reading comprehension stumbles in here.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
People, calm down about Izaw. It isn't like he is posting self-promoting videos with titles that is clearly untrue because he doesn't have enough respect to get clicks with honest titles. But who would ever do that? THAT would be crazy.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Oooooh hiiiiii its Rizens friiieeend, how cute, xoxo

How about this like this better?

Smash 4 My Hypest Beast 6 Moment

Xoxo

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oooooh hiiiiii its Rizens friiieeend, how cute, xoxo

Xoxo
You do realize that we've had two of your friends here taking your side as well? I mean, it's only fair, even if you still outnumber him 2 to 1.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman

That name would be more accurate, and I must say I like it better. But if it is clickbait you are after, the original name makes sense, I guess I didn't think of it through a business standpoint.

Izaw

Smash Ace
You do realize that we've had two of your friends here taking your side as well? I mean, it's only fair, even if you still outnumber him 2 to 1.
I didn't ask for either of them to back me up on anything, except for Mr.R just confirming a question and then leaving. Either way it's getting stupid, he is causing way too much drama and I think we should honestly just change the goddamn subject, because if not he'll eventually brake down, which I'm REALLY not here for and I really don't want to cause any negativity.

In fact I'm not responding to any more of this bullsh*t, and I hope Fox is deceptive will warn people from now on that keep flaming and "fighting" for no reason really.

So how about Link tech guys, anyone found anything interesting on When and Why Link ends up dropping his bomb after a hit?

Also I think the chance of it can be increased by pressing something, right as you are thrown or hit? Anyone that is willing to experiment with this? It can be the key to beating Sheiks Down Throw 50/50

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
"They were here long before you, they will be here long after you. Don't like it? Go somewhere else, this thread isn't necessary for you to read to become a good Link main."

This is exactly the problem that fox is openly deceptive talked to me about. And it's the reason I'm here and back to the thread from years of not talking. To end the cancer. It's slowly happening, Cat is a lovely example of that, he's all civil and nice now <3. (That applies for me too of course, I also needed to change, and I did). Whats left is you, the very minority of you. So. If YOU don't like it. How about YOU go somewhere else =)

All these people you keep asking "who are you again", well, they are the better person than you already are, because they don't ask, they already have respect for you. They are everything from players that discovered mine or other Link's videos and decided to join. Or players that now are seeing Link as viable and want to start to come here. Or even just Link mains who wants to come back here, or have read the thread but never posted.
OH xD! ZeRo, Void, Mr.R, Dabuz, Esam, Sky, K9 and couple more :)

also

:D

dude you are bad ass lol

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Either way it's getting stupid, he is causing way too much drama and I think we should honestly just change the goddamn subject, because if not he'll eventually brake down, which I'm REALLY not here for and I really don't want to cause any negativity.
I can agree with this entirely. Every word of it actually.

In fact I'm not responding to any more of this bullsh*t, and I hope Fox is deceptive will warn people from now on that keep flaming and "fighting" for no reason really.
Don't respond, that's fine. But no one has done anything worthy of infracting really. Nobody flamed (not really) and nobody fought. At least I didn't. We were simply having a discussion and I don't see a problem with that. After all, aren't discussions how we learn and improve?

So how about Link tech guys, anyone found anything interesting on When and Why Link ends up dropping his bomb after a hit?

Also I think the chance of it can be increased by pressing something, right as you are thrown or hit? Anyone that is willing to experiment with this? It can be the key to beating Sheiks Down Throw 50/50
I respect that you want to work on tech and meta, but social isn't the place. Go to the meta thread to work on this. Social is where clutter belongs, not data.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
We don't know Izaw personally.
No truly bad person mains Link offline.

That's why they're openly deceptive.

I sort of thought your video was already titled that. When I see someone say there's a "hypest moment" featuring them on their channel, I take them to mean "my hypest moment," and it's in their opinion.

I haven't been able to pin it down, but I don't think it's random. Sometimes it happens after a single stunning hit (like one that would cause you to trip or force a tech,) and other times it happens if you take so many hits or so much percent in a short period of time. It has accidentally saved me from combos,while at other times it's brought me death when I lose a bomb I thought I had to counter or extend my recovery.

Rizen

Smash Legend
...I'd like to bring up a normal thread subject but what do we talk about besides flaming here, lol?

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
We could talk about appalling lack of updates on the new Zelda game. Presumably anyone here has a passing interest in the actual Zelda franchise yes? Then let's shake ninty down for a few new tidbits yes?

Where is it Nintendo? I get that it needs to finish putting on its clothes, but could it at least respond so we don't worry about it falling down?

Cuz seriously STAHP POASTING about Izaw debate.

Last edited:

rosebudz

Smash Rookie
Oi, these boards are more active than usual, I have like 20 alerts. Too bad it was for all the wrong reasons. Glad it seems to be calming down now, though!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Elessar Elessar I'd rather talk about something less personal.

The next LoZ is opaque as ever. It will probably stay that way until E3 but you never know with Nintendo.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It might possible be the last home console I purchase as well. It's seeming like you're going to be better off upgrading a PC than laying down for a system.
I feel the same. Sadly, I still purchase Nintendo consoles because of some IPs, namely smash and zelda. However, I'm a pc guy and have been for quite some time. Nothing beats running a modded fallout 4 in max settings.

AbsoluteChance

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbsoluteChance
Since this is pretty much the only active thread, are any of you guys people active in the Discord? I really want to start improving my Link game yet haven't gotten an invite yet. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Since this is pretty much the only active thread, are any of you guys people active in the Discord? I really want to start improving my Link game yet haven't gotten an invite yet. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
This is the place to ask anything, don't worry about it.

To improve your Link I'd suggest you go ahead and read the stickies, namely the Meta thread, the Q&A thread, and the index in case you're looking for something more specific. In case you have specific question, post it in the Q&A or, if you're really in need of answers, here (at your own risk) or PM the mod Fox. God knows he has nothing better to do since this board basically runs itself.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
https://discord.gg/0glwrMQdopNClzzi

Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I feel the same. Sadly, I still purchase Nintendo consoles because of some IPs, namely smash and zelda. However, I'm a pc guy and have been for quite some time. Nothing beats running a modded fallout 4 in max settings.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I bought a PS4 for a few exclusives, and because I can't be bothered upgrading and optimizing my PC at the moment. I typically spend more time getting PC games to run properly than I do actually playing them, but for the ones I did and when my PC was capable, it's was nicer, and you can't beat the customization.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
It is the "code name" for the new console Nintendo is releasing.
Ya, I myself didn't really know to much about the NX myself. However there was some kind of heavy rumor going around, that one of Nintendo's launch titles would be a smash game. While I think thats pretty cool, I think it just may be a port of the wii u version of Smash with all the DLC included, and content from both versions (smash run ect.) I have a strange feeling the Zelda U is going to pull a twilight princess, where the game will be compatible on both the Wii U and NX.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Damn I didn't get any notifications about what occurred on the previous pages, but I guess that's for the best lol.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Damn. I choked. Made 25th of 108 at Kings of the South. Lost a really close set to Day, a really good Lucario from FL, stupidly tried to grab his upb into stage (he was at kill percents which meant I was too lol); I knew better than to try to punish it.

Props to Izaw Izaw at BEAST 6. Good stuff man.

You guys played FE Fates yet? I'm liking it a lot so far. Got the special edition. Frankly, I don't know how you could pick the Conquest route at chapter 6.

TheBigChew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mario.Zelda.SSB4
guys im really disappointed in the Twilight HD graphics, i wanted to get the game but after seeing not much difference in graphics im considering it now. :( what do you guys think?
Im just kind of dissapointed that they didn't really add really to much new content, aside from the amiibos. All it is really is a slight graphical upgrade of the original game. The best Zelda remake as of this moment is Majoras Mask. Im not going to get the game myself because I already own both the wii and gamecube versions.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
guys im really disappointed in the Twilight HD graphics, i wanted to get the game but after seeing not much difference in graphics im considering it now. :( what do you guys think?
TP HD is okay for people new to the game but I see no reason to buy it when I have it on the Wii. I was expecting a complete remake like with WW HD. TP HD is disappointing.

Top Bottom