• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
lmaoo how long has this link thread been around
Gee, if only there was some archive on the internet that held this sort of information. Some place that held everything that's been said, when it was said, leading up to the creation of it all...an "original post" if you will.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
if you guys were as chill as the project m Link group, maybe you could smothly advance the Link meta as a team.
Have you ever been around other boards? I have found that out of all others I have visited (Fox's, Falcon's, Pac-Man's, Kirby's, MK's and Pit's) this is by far the most organized and informational. The first page of the metagame thread was enough to blow my scrubby mind, the other boards don't come close to this one.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Now moving on...

@~Unknown~ Good luck at Xanadu!!! Ready to face a storm of Bayonettas?! haha.

Izaw Izaw - Btw, who did you end up playing at Sky's house? Just wondering, although I understand if you're hoping to keep it a surprise or something.
Really good actually, didn't play so much though, we mostly watched stuff, chilled and just had fun, and mostly watched Mr.R train the sheik match up vs k9 or void lol

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Really good actually, didn't play so much though, we mostly watched stuff, chilled and just had fun, and mostly watched Mr.R train the sheik match up vs k9 or void lol
I actually did mean "who" as in which players did you get to play friendlies or w/e against, instead of how, but cool to see you had fun lol.

Last edited:

Jwave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jackie1011
Gee, if only there was some archive on the internet that held this sort of information. Some place that held everything that's been said, when it was said, leading up to the creation of it all...an "original post" if you will.
I actually did mean "who" as in which players did you get to play friendlies or w/e against, instead of how, but cool to see you had fun lol.
seems like you guys are some bad ass links lol:smirk:

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
So is the Link boards the most organized board in Smashboards? I don't know if people are being sarcastic or not because there isn't much context. Except for the page before this, the Link boards seems really nice and organized.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
So is the Link boards the most organized board in Smashboards? I don't know if people are being sarcastic or not because there isn't much context. Except for the page before this, the Link boards seems really nice and organized.
Thank the mods

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
OH xD! ZeRo, Void, Mr.R, Dabuz, Esam, Sky, K9 and couple more :)

also

:D

Ok cool. That house was stacked during Genesis.... pretty much had the top 5 players of Smash 4 except Nairo plus more.

That was an awesome 2 v 1 btw :). I still think they panicked a bit much in retrospect, but you played very patiently and well.

Last edited:

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Imagine a filing cabinet labeled "Link Boards" surrounded by a pile of 57 file cabinet's worth of paper mixed indiscriminately. It's that stark of a difference. Thank @Fox Is Openly Deceptive for being a fox among men.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Our space was as clean as it could be in the old days because we (the regulars of the time) made it quite clear where each and every little tidbit of info belonged, and that anything that could not be considered info went to a thread like this. Not only was it neatly laid out, it was moderated by the members themselves (the mod needed only to lock threads, the rest we took care of), and the deterrent to clutter was very clear & concise. We were not popular with the administration because the deterrents were seen as inflammatory and mean-spirited despite them being proven in multiple instances that led to the culprits eventually understanding the way things were organized, and became regular contributors as well.

The boards as they are now run as efficiently as they can under the present limitations thanks to a combination of remnants of the old system's thread layout and organizing style, and the cautious hand of Foxy (and Lawz when he's around).

There are however reasons why a social thread can devolve into what transpired last page that can be directly traced to the stagnation of the old ways. A certain breed of cretinous slime creeps in from time to time inciting rabble without meeting the "welcoming" committee, and misinformation can spread like wildfire without proper checks and balances.

All in all, it's a forum devoted to a video game, and in the grand scheme of things should not be taken too seriously. It is nice to think however, if we don't get our jimmies rustled everytime there's a little constructive heat, that we might make this otherwise unimportant aspect of our hobby a well regulated, helpful, and informative avenue for those who have the will to learn, and follow the principles that learning necessitates.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I just want to point out that what bothers us about Izaw is his shameless self promotion. He uploaded a video of himself playing (albeit well if I may add, kudos on clutching the 2v1) and named it "hypest moment". You don't do that, you don't label your stuff as "-est". That's what deucebags do. True men simply play the game and let the others hype you up, you don't hype yourself up, no matter how much you might deserve it.

See, we're old fashioned like that. We still believe in having an honor code.

Also, not to take away anything from Fox since he was there with me from day one, but you're welcome.

Tompa

Smash Rookie
Why can´t Izaw hype himself up with great videos? That was innocent really. This is ridiculous, one of the stupidest thing I ever read on this board.

I understand some users here considering him a "bad boy". Good. Every scene/sport needs one.

This board however needs to turn their attention to users that is spreading hatred and call people names for no reason.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Why can´t Izaw hype himself up with great videos? That was innocent really. This is ridiculous, one of the stupidest thing I ever read on this board.

I understand some users here considering him a "bad boy". Good. Every scene/sport needs one.

This board however needs to turn their attention to users that is spreading hatred and call people names for no reason.
My point really went over your head. This mentality is amazing. Just because you don't kiss the ground someone walks on and call out mistakes you're already a hater.

Keep fanboying; it'll take you places.

Tompa

Smash Rookie
I did not call you a hater. I don´t think you are but your post was ridiculous. I am not a fanboy for stating that. I like how Izaw promotes Link as a character and whole of smash. That´s nothing bad about that. You guys focus on the wrong things.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ok, let me try to spell this out, just so it can't be said I'm being unfair (I am a teacher after and educating is thus my calling).

We don't know Izaw personally. In person, it is possible that he's a saint; humble, charitable, good sport, etc. Heck, I'm sure he's a great guy face to face. You know him like that so you like him and will obviously defend him. He's your friend (or at least you want him to like you) so it makes sense you'd jump to defend him.

We don't know him in person, we just know the persona he puts forth online. This persona, while once cool, has become obnoxious. He's full of self importance and borders on arrogant (I'm being gentle). These boards have a history with him. Go to the brawl Link Boards, scavenge around the old threads from 08 and you'll find the same hero worship towards Izaw from us. That changed, and it's not because we changed, but because he did. He started doing this, self promoting his matches as the best, his opponents as the best, and he stopped taking criticism. That's called arrogance and ego. When called out he would do ad hominem attacks instead of proving he was right. This became bad for the Link. Meta and scene because he promoted flashy, useless gameplay instead of good solid Fundamentals.

Now, he could have changed, and he certainly has skill, that's not being questioned. But we, because of history, have very little tolerance for his shenanigans and his Izawmbies.

Now, in case you didn't understand something I said, whether due to language barriers or mental ones, please read it again carefully until you understand. If that doest happen, raise your hand and I'll come to your side again and explain it again but more carefully.

Thanks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Somehow a gravitational anomaly has located its self in this thread; it keeps sucking more in.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman

It isn't so much posting videos, it is the wording of them. While the 2v1 was awesome, if you were to ask pretty much anyone what the hypest moment of Beast 6 was, they would say iStudying vs Esam. No one considers Izaw a "bad boy" in the way you are thinking. This is the Link social thread, it was built by the users who "spread hatred and call people names". They were here long before you, they will be here long after you. Don't like it? Go somewhere else, this thread isn't necessary for you to read to become a good Link main.
I did not call you a hater. I don´t think you are but your post was ridiculous. I am not a fanboy for stating that. I like how Izaw promotes Link as a character and whole of smash. That´s nothing bad about that. You guys focus on the wrong things.
The post was pointing out what is considered acceptable, I think you may have missed it. And what would you like to focus on?
I totally agree with Tompa!
Wow. Another new person. Welcome. Please read through much of the thread, it will help you understand this place. Enjoy your stay.

Rizen

Smash Legend
This is the Link social thread, it was built by the users who "spread hatred and call people names".
^There's a big difference in being intolerant of stupidity and spreading hated. We don't go around looking for trouble and we don't like when trouble comes looking for us.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
^There's a big difference in being intolerant of stupidity and spreading hated. We don't go around looking for trouble and we don't like when trouble comes looking for us.
I know. He was referring to yall as those who "spread hate and call people names", I wasn't agreeing with him.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It isn't so much posting videos, it is the wording of them. While the 2v1 was awesome, if you were to ask pretty much anyone what the hypest moment of Beast 6 was, they would say iStudying vs Esam. No one considers Izaw a "bad boy" in the way you are thinking. This is the Link social thread, it was built by the users who "spread hatred and call people names". They were here long before you, they will be here long after you. Don't like it? Go somewhere else, this thread isn't necessary for you to read to become a good Link main.

The post was pointing out what is considered acceptable, I think you may have missed it. And what would you like to focus on?
Wow. Another new person. Welcome. Please read through much of the thread, it will help you understand this place. Enjoy your stay.
I like you and your style. I don't know you (I think), but I like you atm.

Izaw

Smash Ace
I do agree in that Istudying was the hypest moment, heck everyone knows that, you guys DO know that the reason this video is called hypest moment is purely for the sake of "clickbait" for viewers that aren't subscribed yet, for the subs, they don't care what the video is called, they care about the content. So the only reason that video has that name, is for new viewers to click on it and then feel the need to sub. It's not self promotion in a way where I'm like, "hey I'm the best". It is just common sense that people on YouTube rather click on a video called Hypest moment, than almost anything else. Thee are no pure youtubers, we all get/got big because of something shameless or clickbaity, get over it.

At the end of the video I linked to a beast 6 Istudying montage, because that was the real hypest moment, in a way I'm promoting Istudying AND helping another youtuber. So for the majority of people, I'm doing them a favor. But sure, you can see it as shameless, I honestly couldn't care less how you don't agree with my YouTube methods

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Elessar Elessar Rizen Rizen Stryker95 Stryker95 yea you guys call us fanboys but to me it looks like jealousy, and you guys sound arrogant and cocky just because you been around the thread longer then us,

Unless your putting in the work and getting the results you have no room to talk, he wasn't being cocky, before he posted the hype video people were posting about it, so he gave the people what they wanted and that's the vid.

And believe me you don't know cocky yet, once I get first place at a local or place good at a tourney believe me I will brag about it and I will get cocky on this thread.

Oh and one more thing, with esports and the comptetive scene growing bigger and bigger, this thread will also get more popular, If you don't like change well you don't have to stay.

Y'all need to quit drinking that haterade.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
And believe me you don't know cocky yet, once I get first place at a local
xd

Oh and one more thing, with esports and the comptetive scene growing bigger and bigger, this thread will also get more popular, If you don't like change well you don't have to stay.
xd.............

Y'all need to quit drinking that haterade.
10/10 thread burned

Tompa

Smash Rookie
Elessar Elessar

Okej I do understand. He hurt your feelings for the first time some 8 years ago and some other old users here. I still don´t see the problem with the name of the video. I do understand why you think it´s wrong but I don´t agree with you.

And calm down. Your attitude and why you think I am "defending" him for is wrong. Get over yourself.

"They were here long before you, they will be here long after you. Don't like it? Go somewhere else, this thread isn't necessary for you to read to become a good Link main."

THIS! Hilarious.

Izaw

Smash Ace
"They were here long before you, they will be here long after you. Don't like it? Go somewhere else, this thread isn't necessary for you to read to become a good Link main."

This is exactly the problem that fox is openly deceptive talked to me about. And it's the reason I'm here and back to the thread from years of not talking. To end the cancer. It's slowly happening, Cat is a lovely example of that, he's all civil and nice now <3. (That applies for me too of course, I also needed to change, and I did). Whats left is you, the very minority of you. So. If YOU don't like it. How about YOU go somewhere else =)

All these people you keep asking "who are you again", well, they are the better person than you already are, because they don't ask, they already have respect for you. They are everything from players that discovered mine or other Link's videos and decided to join. Or players that now are seeing Link as viable and want to start to come here. Or even just Link mains who wants to come back here, or have read the thread but never posted.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
LakerLink LakerLink Tompa Tompa The fact of the matter is that the "clickbait" business practice will always garner distaste, and maybe even hatred from certain crowds. The reason being is that typically it's used by people who are not nearly as skilled as they make themselves out to be and have to resort to "dirty" tactics in order to maintain their status.

Many of us, here on the Link boards, tend to more closely follow the business practices of (seems how the topic of YouTube was brought up) TotalBiscuit. Someone who can be considered harsh because he isn't afraid to tell it like it is, or call someone out because they're doing something that is considered out of line. Someone you can make a video rambling about a certain topic for thirty minutes, literally title it "I will now talk about said topic for just over thirty minutes" and still get just as many views as any other video because he's gained the respect of his peers.

You both keep talking about how there's so much hatred in this thread and yet you both fail to realize that you're part of the problem. When someone makes a post, no matter how calm and logical it may be, that doesn't agree with your opinion your first response is to lash out at them. Remember, this forum has an ignore function for a reason. If you don't like the things some says, or maybe you just want to remain in your ignorance, thereby stunting your growth as human being, then simply ignore them.

One more thing before I go. Lakerlink, you freely attacked Elessar, asking him what he had done for the community. It seems that you assume because you haven't seen or heard anything from him that he is simply a nobody that is "jealous" as you put it. Perhaps in the future you shouldn't be so quick to attack people based on assumptions because if you had done your homework you would've found the Ele is not only one of the people responsible for building the Link community into what it is today, but was also the TO (and competitor) in the (correct me if I'm wrong on this, ele) largest tournament in his country. It's possible that he might still be as active in the community today as he was then, but now he's an adult with a life and a family that tend to be more important than the happenings of a video game community.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
This thread is becoming amusing again.

Also, Izaw, I know you have and English, you always apologize for it (and everyone who reads your posts can clearly see it as well), so I can understand why you're confused, but what you described that you do IS self promotion. Just saying.

Also, LakerLink LakerLink , I see you're showing some backbone again. Cute. Keep at it and maybe you'll actually have one soon enough. Fake till you make it right?

Final FYI, I already left these boards last year. This spurt of activity isn't permanent, nor an indication that I'm back, just that I'm bored and you're today's entertainment. Feel free to take that as a compliment.

Top Bottom