• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
LakerLink LakerLink you should go on smash ladder, they have a ranking system for links of your caliber, you'll probably fit in more with with...let's say a humble group of links.

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Nnid bigchoreso GhettoNinja GhettoNinja Elessar Elessar lol Whenever you guys are ready.

I been maining link since the 64 I'm not new to this, maybe to this forum.

Esports is on the rise and ESPN is starting to cover them. I seen like two articles on smash already. It's just a matter of time till they start broadcasting matches on tv, it be nice to get a link on the scene just saying.

Capu

Smash Rookie
What's up folks, spare some advice? I've been having trouble with the more speedy characters like pikachu and sheik specially. Generally i do well with most of the top players in my country and their top tier charaters like rosalina, zss and diddy kong. But in my last tourney i lost to Mun (top player from colombia and second best in my country who mains pikachu) and Oasis (he placed second in this last tournament and mains sheik) here are the result in case you're wondering: http://challonge.com/es/banfield3s4/standings *i'm Diego btw*
The thing is that due to the air mobility, good frame data and great aeral moves it's very easy for them to get past my wall of projectiles, by the time they get to me i'm getting my ass comboed. Even if i try to back off with pivot tilts and reverse grab they can just as easly back off because of the great air movility they have and punish me anyways. Of course i don't blame this on the characters only, I know their skill level is much higher than mine. But what i'm trying to say here is, what do you do when your rival skills are higher than yours and their characters have a clear advantage over yours? It also doesn't help the fact that they are my training partners and they already know most of my moves and sh*t

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Nnid bigchoreso GhettoNinja GhettoNinja Elessar Elessar lol Whenever you guys are ready.

Esports is on the rise and ESPN is starting to cover them. I seen like two articles on smash already. It's just a matter of time till they start broadcasting matches on tv, it be nice to get a link on the scene just saying.
You know what they say, trash will go hundreds of years before decom
What's up folks, spare some advice? I've been having trouble with the more speedy characters like pikachu and sheik specially. Generally i do well with most of the top players in my country and their top tier charaters like rosalina, zss and diddy kong. But in my last tourney i lost to Mun (top player from colombia and second best in my country who mains pikachu) and Oasis (he placed second in this last tournament and mains sheik) here are the result in case you're wondering: http://challonge.com/es/banfield3s4/standings *i'm Diego btw*
The thing is that due to the air mobility, good frame data and great aeral moves it's very easy for them to get past my wall of projectiles, by the time they get to me i'm getting my *** comboed. Even if i try to back off with pivot tilts and reverse grab they can just as easly back off because of the great air movility they have and punish me anyways. Of course i don't blame this on the characters only, I know their skill level is much higher than mine. But what i'm trying to say here is, what do you do when your rival skills are higher than yours and their characters have a clear advantage over yours? It also doesn't help the fact that they are my training partners and they already know most of my moves and sh*t
For Pikachu just use soft bomb tosses to shut down pika's thunder jolts (bomb will absorb the hit) and force him to approach with Quick Attack, when he does this make mental notes of how he does it and save that data for a hard punish later. Don't use too many projectiles except for Boomerang to limit his approach angle and mess up with aerial thunder jolts. Overall don't use items when in netural, use empty hops and feel free to throw out Bair. Also there's a match of Cat vs a very aggro Pika at one of the Avalon's where he handles it really well.

Capu

Smash Rookie
You know what they say, trash will go hundreds of years before decom

For Pikachu just use soft bomb tosses to shut down pika's thunder jolts (bomb will absorb the hit) and force him to approach with Quick Attack, when he does this make mental notes of how he does it and save that data for a hard punish later. Don't use too many projectiles except for Boomerang to limit his approach angle and mess up with aerial thunder jolts. Overall don't use items when in netural, use empty hops and feel free to throw out Bair. Also there's a match of Cat vs a very aggro Pika at one of the Avalon's where he handles it really well.
That actually sounds great, the jolts and the quick attack were what bothered me the most

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
The thing is that due to the air mobility, good frame data and great aeral moves it's very easy for them to get past my wall of projectiles, by the time they get to me i'm getting my *** comboed. Even if i try to back off with pivot tilts and reverse grab they can just as easly back off because of the great air movility they have and punish me anyways. Of course i don't blame this on the characters only, I know their skill level is much higher than mine. But what i'm trying to say here is, what do you do when your rival skills are higher than yours and their characters have a clear advantage over yours? It also doesn't help the fact that they are my training partners and they already know most of my moves and sh*t
You know the MU threads aren't just there for decoration right?

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
How come this returned?:

When you Spin attack on the edge and someone Perfect shields your spin attack, you fall to your death and can no longer recover.

Its kinda depressing when it actually happens.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
How come this returned?:

When you Spin attack on the edge and someone Perfect shields your spin attack, you fall to your death and can no longer recover.

Its kinda depressing when it actually happens.
I don't recall it ever leaving. What they took out was the ability to deliberately make yourself slide off, but this nonsense stayed.
Note that it doesn't have to be a perfect shield either. Note also that it should never happen to anyone who is aware of it.

User was warned for this post

Oh, good, a wifi warrior. That's certainly new, isn't it? Exciting, too. You've been maining Link since 64? Interesting, because I've never heard of you. You sure have accomplished a lot since 1999! Maybe you should main Link a bit longer before you start making a scene, hm?

Welcome to the Link Boards, scrub. Stay the **** out of my shed.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You can tell more about someone by who his enemies are as opposed to who his friends are. It would say a lot about the boards if idiots like them who obviously have nothing better to do on a Tuesday afternoon than play on their computer actually liked this place.

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of people who disappeared, I seem to remember Scizor promising us a notebook of meta ages ago... Come on man, let it out!

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Heyo! greetings from Argentina! I'm a link main myself and recently got in the competitive scene here in my country. I managed to get to the top 32 by attending to very few tourneys and i'm pretty glad. Now a new year has started and so the ranking has been reset. So i hope i can get even further (I'm thinking about top 10). Anyways lets prove everyone else that link ain't that low in the tier list! Keep linking my friends :b:
Keep up the good work Capu!

Apparently Mew2King had never seen Link played in Smash 4 before seeing 7's moneymatch xD. Not sure how that's actually possible (since I'm pretty sure Zero was trying to pick up Link back when they were roomies), but w/e.

Lol, looks like I didn't miss much. Why are folks feeding the troll lol? Just ignore him and the posts will stop.

Last edited:
Why are folks feeding the troll lol? Just ignore him and the posts will stop.
Because watching him choke amuses me. Besides, outside of this thread things have been well behaved as of late. I get bored when I've got no one to paddle. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Also, did you know that there are people who aren't a part of this community that think they're mods? Isn't that grand?

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Oh dear, looks like a forest fire in here... I'll keep my distance.

~Unknown~ ~Unknown~ Nice job vs. Techei at Xanadu. I'd say more, but the vods for the match aren't up as of now... You did pretty well, though.

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
People are calling me a wifi warrior but nobudy wants to play me lmao Why get on this thread then, I sense a bunch of Posers and frauds who ever called me out.

I think that's going to be my tournament name wifi warrior ;).

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Oh, good, a wifi warrior. That's certainly new, isn't it? Exciting, too. You've been maining Link since 64? Interesting, because I've never heard of you. You sure have accomplished a lot since 1999! Maybe you should main Link a bit longer before you start making a scene, hm?

Welcome to the Link Boards, scrub. Stay the **** out of my shed.
It's just not the Link boards without a good old Uncle Shin welcome. And let me just say, when he says to stay out of his shed, I recommend staying out of his she-
People are calling me a wifi warrior but nobudy wants to play me lmao Why get on this thread then, I sense a bunch of Posers and frauds who ever called me out..
On second thought, do it. His shed is the best. You definitely want to sneak into Shin's shed. That'd be a great idea. Do it now. You won't regret it.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
It's just not the Link boards without a good old Uncle Shin welcome. And let me just say, when he says to stay out of his shed, I recommend staying out of his she-

On second thought, do it. His shed is the best. You definitely want to sneak into Shin's shed. That'd be a great idea. Do it now. You won't regret it.
That entire post lmao.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Because watching him choke amuses me. Besides, outside of this thread things have been well behaved as of late. I get bored when I've got no one to paddle. C'est la vie, I suppose.

Also, did you know that there are people who aren't a part of this community that think they're mods? Isn't that grand?
You scare the crap out of me.

Is ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste A murderer of some sort?

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Damm I guess I shouldn't have insulted cat lol I lost track of all the people that are giving me crap.

I would think that all these insults somebody would want to play me, but I guess not sigh.

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
8MAN 8MAN link7 link7 i will be at your tournies in Seattle, hope you girls can say it in person. Tbh I'm sure y'all are just keyboard warriors.

And trust me you will know who I am when I'm there. Yea I'm from WA too.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
8MAN 8MAN link7 link7 Tbh, I'm just a keyboard warrior.
Your absolutely correct, you are indeed one of those.
I will not be attending this upcoming Battlegrounds, because employment will be keeping me busy. I will however be keeping an eye on the brackets. Who are you again? You're so insignificant that I've never heard of or seen you before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Might as well post this here:
I finally beat Xenoblade CX. I'm tired but here's a short review (general nonspecific spoilers btw)
The graphics were great, especially for such a freaking HUGE world. Good voice acting too. The sound effects were great and the music was okay. Not my style but it wasn't bad either.

There was a TON of content! I did most missions before beating the game and it took me 160 hours to beat once! It's fun too, no artificially lengthening or tedious minigames. Just a huge world to explore and complete missions in.

The characters were hit or miss. Overall a good bunch but nothing ultra remarkable. You also had to raise affinity before accepting certain missions and a few characters really sucked (HB, Bose, Murderess and less so Yelv imo).

The writing and story were expired swiss cheese. It seems like something a middle schooler would write. There were so many plot holes, cliches and obvious oversights. Cinema Sins (youtube channel, check them out) would have to make a 2 parter to cover it. It's hair pulling, head banging bad.

The alien designs were good if you don't count all the humanoid races. And all intelligent life was humanoid. Seriously, I can't remember the name but one race was hot ebony cyborg women. You got your kitty furries, Cha-Cha esk side kicks, and a lot of old star trek 80s make up-on-face-otherwise-human aliens. The human face designs looked like creepy baby dolls, I hated that style.
The robot and creature designs on the other hand were awesome. Cool designs, lots of detail and a wide variety of sizes.

I only played single player so far but even that had great online support with squad missions and rewards. The squad tickets were a great addition and make the game far less tedious. If your squad runs out of time simply go to the social menu and select to join another lifehold squad to keep the tickets flowing.

Overall my rating is 9/10. There's so much fun content that you can mostly overlook the bad aspects and this is coming from someone who really disliked the bad stuff.

Last edited:
Your absolutely correct, you are indeed one of those.
I will not be attending this upcoming Battlegrounds, because employment will be keeping me busy. I will however be keeping an eye on the brackets. Who are you again? You're so insignificant that I've never heard of or seen you before.
Hey, ****lord. Don't double post. Especially not when you're correcting someone else. It's bad form.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I love when people call you a FG link but you beat them with style and grace and they still call you an FG link

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Izaw

Smash Ace
Can this umm.. "thread" please stop discussing this pointless topic please? This is the only thread on any character board that even bring this king of thing up... Jez..

Yes i'm referring to the "top link" discussion

Last edited:
Top Bottom